Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey returns 14:10 - Jan 5 with 29814 viewsNorthernr

Well this should make for a fun afternoon on here...

CHRIS RAMSEY APPOINTED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

Ramsey to head up new role within QPR Academy

CHRIS Ramsey has been appointed Technical Director at QPR.

Ramsey will be responsible for a variety of roles relating to coaching and player development.

The 53 year-old will oversee all aspects of coaching and coach education within the Academy, and be responsible for developing and implementing player development strategies.

He will also oversee the integration between the Academy, Development Squad and First Team, as well as focusing on the monitoring and reporting of players on loan to other clubs.

Ramsey will also develop and implement the scouting strategy to include the necessary processes and procedures to acquire players, and develop and implement club partnership programmes at both domestic and international level to facilitate greater market accessibility, exchange of best practice, and development / exit opportunities for players.

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, explained why Ramsey — who was relinquished of his First Team duties in early November — is the ideal candidate for the role, commenting: “Whilst we were disappointed things didn’t work out with Chris at First Team level earlier in the season, we were determined to retain his services at QPR.

“As such, we actually put a clause in his contract which allowed us to retain Chris’s services in a player-development role should things not work out for him as Head Coach.

“Chris knows Academy football inside-out and having put the building blocks in place for a lot of the good restructuring work that’s been done here over the past 11 months, he can come in and make an instant impact in an environment he has helped build.”

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ramsey returns on 19:08 - Jan 5 with 2498 viewsNorthernr

There's all manner of possibilities. It could be that we're reluctant to do what usually happens in these situations - shake hands, here's a portion of what you're still owed, thanks for everything goodbye - because we've realised we're not going up and we're scrabbling to get under the FFP limit. That would also go hand in hand with Green story from earlier - i.e. if he plays another few games he's entitled to a new contract we don't want to give him.

For me the issue isn't really about Ramsey in an odd way, it's about Steve Gallen, Suckling and Ferdinand. I don't see why Gallen can't come back to his original job in the same way if Ramsey can. I don't see what Suckling's job is now Ramsey has this one - why do we need him? And if Ramsey isn't doing Suckling's job, then he's surely doing a lot of Ferdinand's? With Suckling and Ferdinand there, and them insisting there's no place for Gallen, it does rather feel like we're shoehorning him back in.
Ramsey returns on 19:09 - Jan 5 with 2495 viewsRangersDave

If we didn't sack Ramsey, what did Les mean by 'got rid'?

I personally wouldn't have him back no matter what.
I bet most of you, if sacked tomorrow for , and let's put it kindly, poor job performance, wouldn't be offered a job back in the same company.

That's done for a reason or 5, one of those is that you can become a corrupting influence on others as you might have a grudge to bear, another could be that your 'demotion', for that what it is, could be looked on as a reward for failure.

As others have said, I didn't see anyone running to employ him after he was 'got rid' of, myup as I didn't see JFH being chased by Burton to stay at the club.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Ramsey returns on 19:15 - Jan 5 with 2482 viewsfrancisbowles

Ramsey returns on 17:40 - Jan 5 by TacticalR

'A man who has been in football for probably nearly forty year.'

Man and boy.

He is in his fifties and was a player before he was a coach. So assuming he was with a club as a youth and maybe a schoolboy it probably comes to nearly forty years in the game.
Ramsey returns on 19:24 - Jan 5 with 2452 viewsHOOPNO7

Steve Gallen coming back is dependant on whether he is Les' mate like Chris Ramsey. Personally I would put Steve back in his old job, but tell CR to find other employment as for all his experience in the game is tactically inept & his reactions to 'in game' management are on par with Rob Green's reaction to a ball coming in his box.
Ramsey returns on 19:32 - Jan 5 with 2422 viewsfrancisbowles

Ramsey returns on 19:24 - Jan 5 by HOOPNO7

Steve Gallen coming back is dependant on whether he is Les' mate like Chris Ramsey. Personally I would put Steve back in his old job, but tell CR to find other employment as for all his experience in the game is tactically inept & his reactions to 'in game' management are on par with Rob Green's reaction to a ball coming in his box.

I would also like to see Steve Gallen back in his old job and would question do we really need Suckling?

As for Ramsey's in game management, I can't say I have noticed JFH's being very different (and I am supportive of JFH and all QPR managers etc.)
Ramsey returns on 19:46 - Jan 5 with 2358 viewsdaveB

Ramsey returns on 19:09 - Jan 5 by RangersDave

If we didn't sack Ramsey, what did Les mean by 'got rid'?

I personally wouldn't have him back no matter what.
I bet most of you, if sacked tomorrow for , and let's put it kindly, poor job performance, wouldn't be offered a job back in the same company.

That's done for a reason or 5, one of those is that you can become a corrupting influence on others as you might have a grudge to bear, another could be that your 'demotion', for that what it is, could be looked on as a reward for failure.

As others have said, I didn't see anyone running to employ him after he was 'got rid' of, myup as I didn't see JFH being chased by Burton to stay at the club.

didn't they say at the time he was relived of his first team duties which isn't the sack and hinted that he'd be moved into a different role
Ramsey returns on 19:48 - Jan 5 with 2354 viewsdaveB

playing devils advocate wasn't Gallen part of the coaching team with Ramsey so if we are slating Ramsey for his tactics then Gallen was also part of that.

I'd like to see them both involved at the club
Ramsey returns on 20:04 - Jan 5 with 2301 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news. No drama.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey returns (n/t) on 20:13 - Jan 5 with 2273 viewsHitch

Ramsey returns on 15:36 - Jan 5 by TheChef

I need to know what SpiritofGregory poster thinks about this.

SOG may have gone but a few others have plucked the courage or have been emboldened by the booze enough to place their trembling fingers around the baton while typing out their vitriol from a safehouse.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 20:20]
Ramsey returns on 20:17 - Jan 5 with 2251 viewsLblock

Right, well what I want to say about all this is.....

Nah.

Fcuk it.

I'm all out......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ramsey returns on 20:35 - Jan 5 with 2220 viewsderbyhoop

Ramsey returns on 19:08 - Jan 5 by Northernr

There's all manner of possibilities. It could be that we're reluctant to do what usually happens in these situations - shake hands, here's a portion of what you're still owed, thanks for everything goodbye - because we've realised we're not going up and we're scrabbling to get under the FFP limit. That would also go hand in hand with Green story from earlier - i.e. if he plays another few games he's entitled to a new contract we don't want to give him.

For me the issue isn't really about Ramsey in an odd way, it's about Steve Gallen, Suckling and Ferdinand. I don't see why Gallen can't come back to his original job in the same way if Ramsey can. I don't see what Suckling's job is now Ramsey has this one - why do we need him? And if Ramsey isn't doing Suckling's job, then he's surely doing a lot of Ferdinand's? With Suckling and Ferdinand there, and them insisting there's no place for Gallen, it does rather feel like we're shoehorning him back in.

It's not just Suckling, though, is it?
Suckling is Academy Manager
Simon Ireland is Head of Coaching and Coach Education
Gary Karsa is Head of Academy Recruitment
Ian Butterworth is Scouting Coordinator. This might only be senior teams, though.
I seem to remember an earlier article about the number of Youth level scouts recently appointed and Matt O'Brien looking at pre-Academy players.

By the sound of it, Ramsey's new role seems to overlap all of those

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ramsey returns on 20:46 - Jan 5 with 2191 viewsTacticalR

Ramsey returns on 20:35 - Jan 5 by derbyhoop

It's not just Suckling, though, is it?
Suckling is Academy Manager
Simon Ireland is Head of Coaching and Coach Education
Gary Karsa is Head of Academy Recruitment
Ian Butterworth is Scouting Coordinator. This might only be senior teams, though.
I seem to remember an earlier article about the number of Youth level scouts recently appointed and Matt O'Brien looking at pre-Academy players.

By the sound of it, Ramsey's new role seems to overlap all of those

I don't know if I am coming or going.

Air hostess clique

Ramsey returns on 21:22 - Jan 5 with 2124 viewsJamie

Ramsey returns on 15:30 - Jan 5 by paulparker

I don't but Its pretty obvious as he isn't working anywhere else is he
If he was that great at Spurs why have they not gone for him again

would you be a manger where you work then after 9 months of getting the sack go back to the same firm but in a demoted role even if you had other others elsewhere

Every team shuffles its coaching team up from time to time, just as every business shuffles its management as people and ideas get stale.

Rambo did a decade in the Spurs academy. He wouldn't have gotten that long at a brilliantly run club if he wasn't a bloody good coach.

He left and won't return there because a decade is a lifetime in modern football, and they needed to shake up their academy.
Ramsey returns on 21:31 - Jan 5 with 2120 viewskensalriser

Ramsey returns on 20:04 - Jan 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Good news. No drama.

Not sure that's called for, Brian.

How are we supposed to have page after page of wailing, chest-beating and spittle-flecked rancour if people are going to be as level headed as you?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ramsey returns on 21:41 - Jan 5 with 2093 viewsconnell10

Im not bothered really, i liked chris , so welcome back!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ramsey returns on 21:57 - Jan 5 with 2060 viewslondonscottish

Ramsey returns on 21:41 - Jan 5 by connell10

Im not bothered really, i liked chris , so welcome back!

That sums up what I feel.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ramsey returns on 23:39 - Jan 5 with 1944 viewsMatch82

Tactical ability and in game management have nothing to do with his new role though? So is that ok?

Agree Gallen should come back. I think the "gardening leave" approach is strange, but not necessarily bad. In some fields of work it's been used at times to retain (and keep paying) employees that they don't want to lose, but don't currently have a position for. If they didn't want Gallen there in some capacity, wouldn't they just have sacked him?
Ramsey returns on 01:08 - Jan 6 with 1896 viewsHooparoo

Increasingly farcical. I give up.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ramsey returns on 02:25 - Jan 6 with 1859 viewssuperhoopdownunder

It is confusing who is responsible for what.

Lee Hoos said that some people left the organisation when he joined the club and the remaining admin/finance people had to step up and cover the work. This is good. May I suggest Lee Hoos needs to work out what roles we actually require across the whole organisation and what those roles are responsible for.

To do this Lee Hoos should build a RACI matrix (Responsibility assignment)
For this to be successful you need to know all the tasks that are required to be performed and then assign a role responsible for doing that job.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsibility_assignment_matrix

I am sure there is a lot of duplication in there. Basically by eliminating duplication - this will enable 2 benefits:-
1) one role/person is accountable for each task/area
2) save money by making roles/people who are performing the same task redundant - preferably the non performers

I believe we have far too many non players on the books (Director of Football, Technical Director, Academy manager, Head of Coaching and Coach Education, 2 x Goalkeeper Coaches? and loads of others)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C.#Current_coaching_staff

and far too many players (why do need around 35 players when we can only play 11 each week with 7 on the bench? - squad needs to be massively reduced - down to low 20's)

QPR are bloated from all the money that has been pumped in to underachieve since Tony Fernandes took over. We need to get back to basics - work out who we really need to keep at the club - get rid of the underperformers (the fitness coach comes to mind) and rebuild.

Personally I am very sceptical of Chris Ramsey returning to the club - I am surprised he did not take the England job Les said he was offered.
I would like to understand what this means for the other backroom staff - especially Steve Gallen.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 2:52]
Ramsey returns on 03:02 - Jan 6 with 1835 viewsnix

Ramsey returns on 14:24 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Well it was rather farcical in the first place taking two people (Gallen, Ramsey) out of the academy jobs they were qualified for and successful in, handing them the first team and then sacking them altogether when they weren't good enough at that, so in that way it's good that it hasn't cost us Ramsey's services at youth level.

However, is the same thing going to happen with Gallen? Hope so, suspect not. Isn't this job what Perry Suckling should be doing? If so, is he on his way now? Isn't this job also a good part of what Les Ferdinand should be doing? If so, why the need?

This is really a genuine question. Lots of people say what a great coach Steve Gallen is etc but hasn't he overseen a complete failure to produce anyone from our youth team for decades? If he wasn't involved in this, then I'm still at a bit of a loss as to what he has done and why so many people rate him. There obviously is a reason as its so pervasive across the board. Just curious as to the basis for the support. Thx.
Ramsey returns on 07:47 - Jan 6 with 1756 viewsbaz_qpr

Don't get the outcry here, at the time when he was appointed to the first team coach we all bemoaned that we were taking someone with a rep for youth development and putting him in the wrong role, that did not work out and we've gone back to the original role.

Gallen it seems is on gardening leave as Ramsey was so it will now be up to Ramsey as to whether he wants him in his coaching set up or whether he wants to keep those that have come in. All seems far too sensible to me
Ramsey returns on 08:03 - Jan 6 with 1741 viewsjohncharles

Someone or other OUT !

Strong and stable my arse.

Ramsey returns on 09:02 - Jan 6 with 1692 viewsrichranger

Ramsey is now in the job he should have been in all along.

Not having a Gallen at the club does seem strange. Hopefully there is a role for Steve too.
Ramsey returns on 09:24 - Jan 6 with 1640 viewsDiscodroids

Could'nt Ramsey just seek employment elsewhere by Cultivating an inappropriate relationship with an alcoholic MP and augment his income further, by selling his toe nail clippings on ebay to his worshipers?

[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 9:24]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey returns on 09:25 - Jan 6 with 1640 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey returns on 03:02 - Jan 6 by nix

This is really a genuine question. Lots of people say what a great coach Steve Gallen is etc but hasn't he overseen a complete failure to produce anyone from our youth team for decades? If he wasn't involved in this, then I'm still at a bit of a loss as to what he has done and why so many people rate him. There obviously is a reason as its so pervasive across the board. Just curious as to the basis for the support. Thx.

I think it's to do with the fact we basically didn't really have a youth set up and Steve Gallen managed scrape one together almost single handedly despite being woefully underfunded and having no staff or facilities.

Obviously we haven't had a steady stream of youth players contributing to the first team, but we've had a few and the likes of Sterling, Parrett etc who were poached by others will have actually made a huge profit for the club from minimal investment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024