Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is homophobia still present within football? 17:08 - Feb 22 with 7367 viewsfootballfan22

After the recent story involving Serge Aurier which hit the headlines, do you believe there is still homophobia embedded within football, its players or the fans?
Below is a short study which will aim to answer this question, therefore any responses will be greatly appreciated. This study is for a master’s project for a UK university. The link is as follows: https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/attitudes-towards-homophobia

Is homophobia still present within football? on 11:59 - Feb 23 with 1443 viewsQPR_John

Is homophobia still present within football? on 11:57 - Feb 23 by robith

"There's no problem with racism, sexism or homophobia in football/Britain, it's just banter" say a group of, in all statistical likelihood, white, heterosexual men

And there you have it in a nutshell white heterosexual men bottom of the pile and always in the wrong.
Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:02 - Feb 23 with 1427 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is homophobia still present within football? on 11:59 - Feb 23 by QPR_John

And there you have it in a nutshell white heterosexual men bottom of the pile and always in the wrong.

That's not what he said, John, in fairness.

I'm a white heterosexual man and I've never felt like that. Truth be told I got dealt very lucky cards.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:10 - Feb 23 with 1411 viewsQPR_John

Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:02 - Feb 23 by BrianMcCarthy

That's not what he said, John, in fairness.

I'm a white heterosexual man and I've never felt like that. Truth be told I got dealt very lucky cards.

While he might not be saying all white heterosexual men have those views it seems clear that he thinks only white heterosexual men hold those views
Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:14 - Feb 23 with 1391 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:10 - Feb 23 by QPR_John

While he might not be saying all white heterosexual men have those views it seems clear that he thinks only white heterosexual men hold those views

Ok, but that's not how I read it. In fact, it made me laugh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:56 - Feb 23 with 1349 viewsrobith

Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:10 - Feb 23 by QPR_John

Hmm, strange - that wasn't what I said at all. Both literally and figuratively.

Then again, you said, literally, that heterosexual men are at the bottom of the pile which is just absolutely farcical.
Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:56 - Feb 23 with 1347 viewsDorse

Is homophobia still present within football? on 09:07 - Feb 23 by Discodroids

Back in the 80's , One of my dads mates, Hornchurch Bill, used to make his Mrs wash the door step in her stockings and suspenders with no knickers or Bra on.

He wasnt there to witness it, he was at work in his Garage, but he liked the thought of his Mrs being lusted over by teenage lads on there way home from the local comp. He'd ring her up and she would tell him of any encounters that crossed her path while washing the step with her sweet meats on display , and he'd have a w ank in the back of his talbot Sunbeam on the strength of it.

She got arrested one day and that was that.

cheers.

Bet Hornchurch Bill fairly ripped his cock off when he thought her in the soundproofed custody suite shackled to a comely WPC...

I removed the truncheon-based gags on legal advice. Apparently 'Bantz innit' is no defence under the Law.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Is homophobia still present within football? on 13:03 - Feb 23 with 1327 viewsrobith

Is homophobia still present within football? on 09:07 - Feb 23 by Discodroids

Back in the 80's , One of my dads mates, Hornchurch Bill, used to make his Mrs wash the door step in her stockings and suspenders with no knickers or Bra on.

He wasnt there to witness it, he was at work in his Garage, but he liked the thought of his Mrs being lusted over by teenage lads on there way home from the local comp. He'd ring her up and she would tell him of any encounters that crossed her path while washing the step with her sweet meats on display , and he'd have a w ank in the back of his talbot Sunbeam on the strength of it.

She got arrested one day and that was that.

cheers.

Thanks for sharing disco. Sat dumbfounded for a moment before stifling a laugh
Is homophobia still present within football? on 13:08 - Feb 23 with 1319 viewsFDC

Ah, the persecution fantasies of the white heterosexual male, what a treat!
Login to get fewer ads

Is homophobia still present within football? on 13:12 - Feb 23 with 1310 viewsDorse

Pile? Bottom? Nutshell?

How can anybody be expected to make a gag from that? Help me out here!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Is homophobia still present within football? on 13:39 - Feb 23 with 1289 viewsQPR_John

Is homophobia still present within football? on 13:08 - Feb 23 by FDC

Ah, the persecution fantasies of the white heterosexual male, what a treat!

Had to answer this, why are you so aggressive. I do not feel persecuted far from it and no doubt a great deal of white heterosexual men have the view expressed above. My point was the use of the actual phrase "white heterosexual men", if any person had come on this board and replaced any of those three words with something similarly descriptive (women instead of men for instance) there would be quite a few objections.
Is homophobia still present within football? on 13:52 - Feb 23 with 1260 viewsQPR_John

Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:56 - Feb 23 by robith

Then again, you said, literally, that heterosexual men are at the bottom of the pile which is just absolutely farcical.

"..... say a group of, in all statistical likelihood, white, heterosexual men "

So white heterosexual men was a phrase you just happened to pick upon and had no deeper meaning than that.

"And there you have it in a nutshell white heterosexual men bottom of the pile and always in the wrong. "

Are the words I used but it was not what I thought but what your views were.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 13:57]
Is homophobia still present within football? on 13:59 - Feb 23 with 1243 viewsvblockranger

Got called homophobic the other day for laughing at some big bloke in a wig and a ladies dress putting on a high voice to order Mcdonalds ..... sorry but he was hilarious. Back in the 70's the bloke would probably have got a pasting for walking round like that so i would say things have improved massively. Fair play to the fella for the bottle. Up to him what he wears or has done to his body just dont expect some people to not find it comical.
Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:06 - Feb 23 with 1226 viewsrobith

Is homophobia still present within football? on 13:52 - Feb 23 by QPR_John

"..... say a group of, in all statistical likelihood, white, heterosexual men "

So white heterosexual men was a phrase you just happened to pick upon and had no deeper meaning than that.

"And there you have it in a nutshell white heterosexual men bottom of the pile and always in the wrong. "

Are the words I used but it was not what I thought but what your views were.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 13:57]

"white heterosexual men" being the exact opposite of racism, homophobia and sexism; the sentiments which had been expressed as just banter previously in the thread.

You're fishing for something which isn't there, while completely ignoring my point
Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:21 - Feb 23 with 1206 viewsQPR_John

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:06 - Feb 23 by robith

"white heterosexual men" being the exact opposite of racism, homophobia and sexism; the sentiments which had been expressed as just banter previously in the thread.

You're fishing for something which isn't there, while completely ignoring my point

Are you saying it is not possible to be racist or sexist towards a white heterosexual man
Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:21 - Feb 23 with 1206 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is homophobia still present within football? on 12:56 - Feb 23 by robith

Hahahahaha I saw that reply coming a thousand miles off! QPR_John wasn't my first guess though. Congrats to the newcomer.

The only thing missing was a 'its political correctness gone mad'. That would have been a nice cherry on top but you can't have everything.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 14:22]
Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:24 - Feb 23 with 1060 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:21 - Feb 23 by QPR_John

Are you saying it is not possible to be racist or sexist towards a white heterosexual man

No that isn't what he's saying.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 14:53]
Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:25 - Feb 23 with 1055 viewsTheBlob

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:21 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hahahahaha I saw that reply coming a thousand miles off! QPR_John wasn't my first guess though. Congrats to the newcomer.

The only thing missing was a 'its political correctness gone mad'. That would have been a nice cherry on top but you can't have everything.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 14:22]

It's political correctness gone mad.
I suppose we'll be getting a gardening page soon.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:33 - Feb 23 with 1040 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:25 - Feb 23 by TheBlob

It's political correctness gone mad.
I suppose we'll be getting a gardening page soon.

Les Ferdinand is infamous for his gardening activities if I remember rightly.
Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:33 - Feb 23 with 1037 viewsNW5Hoop

*Rolls eyes*

I think the point is that the people who are best positioned to know how racist/sexist/homophobic Britain is are probably not white heterosexual men (who, for the record, remain by some distance the most powerful demographic group in Britain, by a vast margin).
Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:37 - Feb 23 with 1025 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:33 - Feb 23 by NW5Hoop

*Rolls eyes*

I think the point is that the people who are best positioned to know how racist/sexist/homophobic Britain is are probably not white heterosexual men (who, for the record, remain by some distance the most powerful demographic group in Britain, by a vast margin).

What use is power if you can't slap the missus around or throw bananas at black people anymore : (
Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:38 - Feb 23 with 1022 viewspaulparker

My ex wife's sister was a lesbian and there dog must have been gay as it mounted me once whilst I was having a lie in one Sunday

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:40 - Feb 23 with 1013 viewsTacticalR

How about a moving rendition of 'Sing if you're glad to be a white heterosexual male' at the next home game? After all

"Life's not worth a dam
'Til you can shout out, 'I am what I am'"

Air hostess clique

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:53 - Feb 23 with 981 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:38 - Feb 23 by paulparker

My ex wife's sister was a lesbian and there dog must have been gay as it mounted me once whilst I was having a lie in one Sunday

10/10
Is homophobia still present within football? on 15:29 - Feb 23 with 935 viewsrobith

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:21 - Feb 23 by QPR_John

Racist - obviously possible but racism for a white person is "he hurt my feelings!" - racism for a POC is "The NF burnt down my house"

Sexism - I'm not as sure because male privilege so completely dominates our society and culture, but for a man it's "I have one less opportunity because a role is reserved for a woman because the diversification of the workplace has economic benefits for all" and for a woman it's "Men feel entitled to grope me wherever I go in public"

So in both cases it's possible, but the systemic consequences are radically different. And by the by for as a n expression I read recently said "This isn't the Oppression Olympics"
Is homophobia still present within football? on 15:50 - Feb 23 with 908 viewsTheBlob

Is homophobia still present within football? on 14:37 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

What use is power if you can't slap the missus around or throw bananas at black people anymore : (

Are you still allowed to throw bananas at your missus?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024