Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
49 years ago today 08:02 - Mar 4 with 10005 viewsQPR1882

[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 8:04]
49 years ago today on 08:44 - Mar 4 with 7598 viewswelwynranger

Thanks for reminding me how old I am. I was there as a teenager. I still have the programme and the ticket stub. I wonder howmany on this board were there that day
49 years ago today on 09:04 - Mar 4 with 7575 viewsPinnerR

49 years ago today on 08:44 - Mar 4 by welwynranger

Thanks for reminding me how old I am. I was there as a teenager. I still have the programme and the ticket stub. I wonder howmany on this board were there that day

I was, 5 months short of my 17th birthday. Shows what an old git I am now.
49 years ago today on 09:12 - Mar 4 with 7560 viewsenfieldargh

49 years ago today on 09:04 - Mar 4 by PinnerR

I was, 5 months short of my 17th birthday. Shows what an old git I am now.

Qpr, won the league cup, never heard of them.

Following season started my true romance a true glory hunter

Mind you I'd didn't know what the league cup was back then

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

49 years ago today on 09:19 - Mar 4 with 7540 viewsQPRDave

First Lge cup final to be held at Wembley, and the first third div team to get to a final.
Amazing feat
49 years ago today on 10:31 - Mar 4 with 7491 viewsQPR_John

I was there what a day
49 years ago today on 10:35 - Mar 4 with 7484 viewsBucksRanger

Also there. Lovely day too. Sun was shining and it was a beautiful spring day. Even 2-0 down at half time I never doubted that we wouldn't win. Wonderful time to be a QPR fan.
49 years ago today on 11:11 - Mar 4 with 7459 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wow, back up here!

We won the league cup? When did that happen and why have we never mentioned it before?

Honestly, at times we're hopeless.

To those there and/or old enough to recall, happy Lazarus Day :-)

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

49 years ago today on 11:27 - Mar 4 with 7438 viewskingo

Yep, I was there as a 10 year old. 50 years of going to watch QPR, I would have got less for murder.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

49 years ago today on 12:11 - Mar 4 with 7408 viewsBillericayR

I was 12.
Sat opposite the Royal Box on one of those old school benches that we would turn over in the school hall and use as a goal.
Ticket cost 17s and 6p (87p today).
Great day.
My father always ribbed me that at half time I zipped up my coat to hide my scarf.
Even today still hurts when we are losing - although I am now more used to it....
49 years ago today on 13:03 - Mar 4 with 7369 viewssexton

I was there, aged nine. Not quite my first game, but definitely the one that got me hooked.
49 years ago today on 13:08 - Mar 4 with 7360 viewsloftus77

I imagine the club will want to do something special to mark next year?
49 years ago today on 13:25 - Mar 4 with 7331 viewssuperstan

I was 8 years old and had a ticket but my dad said to me "your uncle would like to go and you're a bit young anyway" so they went with my bro who turned in to a scummer, am I still bitter? You bet I am.
49 years ago today on 13:52 - Mar 4 with 7316 viewsheadhoops

sadly wasn't there but the game that first introduced me to the R's. 5 at the time - amazing that the footage also has Morgan Twin getting arrested at full time.
Big celebration next year.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

49 years ago today on 13:56 - Mar 4 with 7311 viewsPinnerPaul

I was, I was 6 at the time.
49 years ago today on 14:00 - Mar 4 with 7300 viewsMick_S

49 years ago today on 13:52 - Mar 4 by headhoops

sadly wasn't there but the game that first introduced me to the R's. 5 at the time - amazing that the footage also has Morgan Twin getting arrested at full time.
Big celebration next year.

At around 3:20 - the smiling policeman ushers the pitch invader back to the stands with a friendly pat to the back.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

49 years ago today on 14:05 - Mar 4 with 7287 viewsCamberleyR

49 years ago today on 09:19 - Mar 4 by QPRDave

First Lge cup final to be held at Wembley, and the first third div team to get to a final.
Amazing feat

Technically correct about the first third division team although we weren't the team from the lowest division to get to a major final. Rochdale in 1962 were in division four when they got to that season's (two legged) final.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

49 years ago today on 14:22 - Mar 4 with 7269 views18StoneOfHoop

Only 27 days to the thirtieth anniversary of another very special Rangers day.

Hope Ian J Taylor is already on the case getting them all ready to come on at half-time at the Boro game.

And what about Messrs Fraser,Finney and Charles sorting out Budgie,Bannister and Leroy as guests for the podcast nearest that hallowed Easter Monday when the scum wore shirts as red as their faces?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 16:16]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

49 years ago today on 14:25 - Mar 4 with 7254 viewsTheBlob

Good fun that was.
Couldn't get Tandoori Chicken in 1967 though.
Or ibuprofen.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

49 years ago today on 15:06 - Mar 4 with 7206 viewscyprusmel

I was there with Len my Dad and my uncle John, what a fantastic day, went home and celebrated with a cup of tea. 19 years old then and was a follower when Jack Taylor was the manager in 1958.
49 years ago today on 15:22 - Mar 4 with 7181 viewsjonno

Yep, I was there with some mates from school who weren't even Rangers fans. Much easier to tickets in those days.
49 years ago today on 16:51 - Mar 4 with 7127 viewsVancouverHoop

I was there. My first QPR match. My Dad got comp'd a pair of tickets. As a died in the wool Sheffield Utd supporter he had no interest so gave them to me. I went with my mate Sam – a long time Arsenal fan. We were eighteen, and when I moved to London two years later I instantly became a regular at LR.
49 years ago today on 17:09 - Mar 4 with 7108 viewsHendonHoop

I wasn't there at Wembley that glorious day. I was nine years old, and on the morning of the match, I woke up crying as I had dreamt that the R's had lost in the Final, only for my mum to tell me that it hadn't yet been played and it was just a bad dream.My Dad and Grandad went to the game and after I had heard on Grandstand that Rangers were 2-0 down at half time, I went outside and kicked a football against the wall in tears again until I Spotted my Dad and Grandad walking back down Franklyn Rd, Willesden, laughing and joking and shouting to me that the R's had done it. I couldn't believe it. What a magical day. Shame it's been all downhill ever since.
49 years ago today on 18:44 - Mar 4 with 7070 viewspaulparker

My Nan , Granddad & Great Auntie went , my granddad still has the ticket stub in his loft , my great auntie had a season ticket well up to the late seventies , they would walk from notting hill every other week to see QPR
my dad and his mates went as they turned up everyday in the week of the final to help clean the stadium and were given free tickets as a reward , the old man would have been 12/13 at the time , I still have his rattle with Rodney written on it from the final,
sadly he lost the programme

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

49 years ago today on 19:23 - Mar 4 with 7020 viewsPinnerR

49 years ago today on 18:44 - Mar 4 by paulparker

My Nan , Granddad & Great Auntie went , my granddad still has the ticket stub in his loft , my great auntie had a season ticket well up to the late seventies , they would walk from notting hill every other week to see QPR
my dad and his mates went as they turned up everyday in the week of the final to help clean the stadium and were given free tickets as a reward , the old man would have been 12/13 at the time , I still have his rattle with Rodney written on it from the final,
sadly he lost the programme

God, I'd forgotten about rattles.

Mine was handpainted, blue and white.
49 years ago today on 19:37 - Mar 4 with 7003 viewswortonranger

Yes
I was there.
And my write up of the day helped me win a prize for English at my school ahead of class mates Clive Anderson and Michael Portillo. ( who are not Rangers fans though I think Clive is a gooner).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024