Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players after Preston 09:52 - Mar 21 with 3718 viewsCorbyQPR

We were on the 7 o'clock train home on Saturday, as were the players, & I have to say how great they all were on the platform while waiting for the train. All to a man happy to chat & pose for pictures with the kids (big & small!).

Clint Hill & Jamie Mackie especially who stood talking to us for ages as did David Oldfield, who was great. Felt a good connection between the players & fans, I cant imagine some of the previous lot being nearly as accommodating!

At one point one of the boys asked Clint where Chery was, I think he thought he'd asked where Terry was (as in John Terry), Clint looked absolutely disgusted :-)
Players after Preston on 09:53 - Mar 21 with 3707 viewsNorthernr

Yeh we (almost literally) bumped into Hill and Mackie outside Starbucks as we were walking to the offy, stood and chatted no problem at all, great lads.
Players after Preston on 10:39 - Mar 21 with 3612 viewsparker64

Good to hear. The year we went up, following a good win at Blackpool, freezing cold and wet, I remember standing on the platform at Preston waiting for the London train and the players were waiting for the same train except the fans couldn't go near them because they were sectioned off by a couple of coppers.
Players after Preston on 19:02 - Mar 21 with 3035 viewsenfieldargh

Players after Preston on 09:53 - Mar 21 by Northernr

Yeh we (almost literally) bumped into Hill and Mackie outside Starbucks as we were walking to the offy, stood and chatted no problem at all, great lads.

What did they say about the ref?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players after Preston on 19:25 - Mar 21 with 2974 viewsDWQPR

Players after Preston on 10:39 - Mar 21 by parker64

Good to hear. The year we went up, following a good win at Blackpool, freezing cold and wet, I remember standing on the platform at Preston waiting for the London train and the players were waiting for the same train except the fans couldn't go near them because they were sectioned off by a couple of coppers.

Was on that same train in a first class carriage and the Rangers carriage was the next one along, problem was that the buffet car was beyond that. Had to convince a copper on the train that he could not stop me from going through the Rangers carriage to obtain refreshments as it was an infringement of my rights and if he wanted to argue then being a solicitor I had all the facts, silly bar steward believed me and within 10 minutes was able to return with four bottles of Dicky Bransons finest tilting ale and some peanuts. Most of the players had lost themselves in their oversized headphones and Nico was playing backgammon I think with Karl Henry. 'Arry was on a betting app. Was a good day out. Weather atrocious but we ended the game top of the league.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Players after Preston on 19:30 - Mar 21 with 2954 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players after Preston on 21:02 - Mar 21 with 2783 viewsJeff

Just wanted to add to this that James Perch was carrying a suitcase of poker chips, which for me shows that there is a gambling culture throughout the squad, and we can therefore assume that the next time we lose a match it is due to the dressing room being split due to Matty Phillips calling Grant Hall's all in with an Ace High and landing a miracle Ace on the river...

Can we not knock it?

Players after Preston on 21:22 - Mar 21 with 2740 viewsPunteR

Players after Preston on 21:02 - Mar 21 by Jeff

Just wanted to add to this that James Perch was carrying a suitcase of poker chips, which for me shows that there is a gambling culture throughout the squad, and we can therefore assume that the next time we lose a match it is due to the dressing room being split due to Matty Phillips calling Grant Hall's all in with an Ace High and landing a miracle Ace on the river...

You sure it wasn't Connect Four?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Players after Preston on 21:31 - Mar 21 with 2702 viewsLblock

Players after Preston on 21:22 - Mar 21 by PunteR

You sure it wasn't Connect Four?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Players after Preston on 23:58 - Mar 21 with 2542 viewsBoston

I came back on the 17.58, was slightly surprised to see two Bradford players coming off the train at Euston.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players after Preston on 00:13 - Mar 22 with 2521 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don't know if it's the club PR team doing a great job, but I don't actually despise any QPR players right now, which is nice.

Even Traore. I just sit back and think of that Christmas cameo.
Players after Preston on 00:32 - Mar 22 with 2498 viewstimcocking

Cool, a nice reward for travelling...
Players after Preston on 15:57 - Mar 23 with 2050 viewsDannyPaddox

Players after Preston on 19:25 - Mar 21 by DWQPR

Was on that same train in a first class carriage and the Rangers carriage was the next one along, problem was that the buffet car was beyond that. Had to convince a copper on the train that he could not stop me from going through the Rangers carriage to obtain refreshments as it was an infringement of my rights and if he wanted to argue then being a solicitor I had all the facts, silly bar steward believed me and within 10 minutes was able to return with four bottles of Dicky Bransons finest tilting ale and some peanuts. Most of the players had lost themselves in their oversized headphones and Nico was playing backgammon I think with Karl Henry. 'Arry was on a betting app. Was a good day out. Weather atrocious but we ended the game top of the league.

"Arry was on a betting app"

Redknapp in a nutshell. That brief observation sums him up perfectly. It got me trying to think of more apposite train-based vignettes for that squad.

Rob Green was gazing vacantly out of the window into the middle-distance at farm animals.

Little Tom Carroll and SWP were running up and down the aisle playing cowboys and indians.

Niko K. was chain-profiterolling.

Traore had just been overlapped by the tea trolley.

Rio Ferdinand had just been nutmegged by the tea trolley.

Samba Diakite had the ticket inspector in a neck-hold.

Snakes on a Plane? Hoops on a Train!
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 16:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024