Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Robinson 17:23 - Apr 9 with 8870 viewssdm1508

How did he get on today? JFH seems to be excited about getting him in the side
Jack Robinson on 17:26 - Apr 9 with 5962 viewseghamranger

Did well. Good pace and can throw a ball into the penalty box!!
Jack Robinson on 18:10 - Apr 9 with 5745 viewsessextaxiboy

Jack Robinson on 17:26 - Apr 9 by eghamranger

Did well. Good pace and can throw a ball into the penalty box!!

One of the best debuts I have seen . Still going after 90 + minutes .
Almost faultless IMO
Jack Robinson on 18:29 - Apr 9 with 5636 viewsGuppy22

Really impressed with him today, threw himself into every tackle, makings of a great left back
Jack Robinson on 18:50 - Apr 9 with 5512 viewsrsonist

Nothing like a good long throw. No wonder JFH was rubbing his hands.
Jack Robinson on 18:53 - Apr 9 with 5492 viewsconnell10

That boy does not take any prisions , really enjoyed his debut!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jack Robinson on 19:36 - Apr 9 with 5305 viewslondonscottish

Jack Robinson on 18:10 - Apr 9 by essextaxiboy

One of the best debuts I have seen . Still going after 90 + minutes .
Almost faultless IMO

Totally agree. He looked liked he totally belonged there right from the off. Great LB. Great to see him play finally.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Jack Robinson on 19:53 - Apr 9 with 5199 viewsbosh67

Very promising debut. He was knackered at the hour point but got a second wind. His fitness at this level will improve quickly. He got turned by the superb Harriott once (what a player he is) but otherwise his positioning was excellent, he instructs midfielders to pick up players on the overlap, he has pace, he piles into tackles and headers, has no fear, has a cultured left foot, sees a pass, and he has the most ridiculous throw in. In the first half he launched one from well inside his own half to release Hoilett and it went out for a goal kick as even Hoilett couldn't catch it. Great weapon to have though. We need to use it. Very impressive debut and a terrific block tackle at the end as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jack Robinson on 20:10 - Apr 9 with 5121 viewsingeminate

No Konchesky IMO

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Robinson on 20:12 - Apr 9 with 5107 viewssimmo

My MoM today and that's no decision made purely on the circumstances, he was brilliant. He must have been running purely on adrenaline towards the end but he was tidy on the ball, strong in the tackle (you can tell he likes a proper challenge) and surprisingly good in the air too. He didn't do much overlapping to cross but the job he did he did with aplomb. Also - he's got a hell of a long throw, a real genuine one!

You could tell the crowd really wanted him to do well and he didn't disappoint. On this evidence we've got LB sorted for next season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jack Robinson on 20:25 - Apr 9 with 5062 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jack Robinson on 20:12 - Apr 9 by simmo

My MoM today and that's no decision made purely on the circumstances, he was brilliant. He must have been running purely on adrenaline towards the end but he was tidy on the ball, strong in the tackle (you can tell he likes a proper challenge) and surprisingly good in the air too. He didn't do much overlapping to cross but the job he did he did with aplomb. Also - he's got a hell of a long throw, a real genuine one!

You could tell the crowd really wanted him to do well and he didn't disappoint. On this evidence we've got LB sorted for next season.

Very detailed report, thanks everyone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jack Robinson on 20:27 - Apr 9 with 5056 viewsDesertBoot

Superb debut. Full blooded in tackling, good with the ball and always I. Good positions.
Well done Jack

Wish I could be like David Watts

Jack Robinson on 20:28 - Apr 9 with 5046 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Played well and will probably play better when he loses some timber.

I thought he looked like a chubby Steve McManaman.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2016 20:30]
Jack Robinson on 20:32 - Apr 9 with 5035 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Jack Robinson on 20:10 - Apr 9 by ingeminate

No Konchesky IMO

Jack Robinson on 22:15 - Apr 9 with 4723 viewsLblock

Not wishing to bitch and whinge but....he needs a haircut!!

Lets chill out and let him intergrate slowly and surely.
Promise shown and I like what I see.
Bet he was glad not to be playing behind Phillips all game

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jack Robinson on 23:01 - Apr 9 with 4601 viewsPunteR

Good to read this thread. If the only criticism is his hair that'll do me ..
I think we would be bottom of the league in hairstyles stakes,Polter, El Khayati, could do with a bit of a trim as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jack Robinson on 23:02 - Apr 9 with 4602 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Jack Robinson on 22:15 - Apr 9 by Lblock

Not wishing to bitch and whinge but....he needs a haircut!!

Lets chill out and let him intergrate slowly and surely.
Promise shown and I like what I see.
Bet he was glad not to be playing behind Phillips all game

Phillips offers virtually nothing defensively imo
Jack Robinson on 23:05 - Apr 9 with 4587 viewsLblock

Jack Robinson on 23:02 - Apr 9 by CroydonCaptJack

Phillips offers virtually nothing defensively imo

Only slightly more offensively as well
He's gotta go

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jack Robinson on 08:25 - Apr 10 with 4344 viewsDorse

Jack Robinson on 23:05 - Apr 9 by Lblock

Only slightly more offensively as well
He's gotta go

That's not true: he's one of our most offensive players. Obviously, not as offensive as Armand Traore, Fer, Sandro...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jack Robinson on 09:45 - Apr 10 with 4185 viewsLythamR

He started extremely well, he wants to pace with pace and along the grass, that may take some getting used to by the rest of the team.

he had some ragged moment and got completely skinned twice but not concerned about that in his first game back

what i like most is his tenacity and aggression, reminds me a lot of Ainsworth in that regard

He does need to work on his hair, it needs to be much much longer for him to be truly effective, havent you all notice Poulters drop in form since he chopped his, missed a sitter yesterday he would not have missed a month ago with the pony tail
Jack Robinson on 09:51 - Apr 10 with 4169 viewsVish

It was like Gareth Ainsworth playing at leftback.

Totally committed, wanted to win nothing held back. Brilliant.
Jack Robinson on 10:39 - Apr 10 with 4082 viewsactonman

He looks like Steve mcmanaman transported from the nineties !

Konchesky
Jack Robinson on 10:44 - Apr 10 with 4067 viewsNeil_SI

I was encouraged by his first half performance and particularly when in possession of the ball. He showed good tactical and technical understanding with his pass selection and style of passes, which helped us keep the build and build from decent areas.

I'm not sure I would have left him on for the entire game though, but we did have Perch going off through injury and that may have meant he had to stay on.

He did get himself skinned once or twice, but you might expect that after so long out. It will be interesting to see once he's really into his rhythm and stride whether he still has any vulnerability in those one on one scenarios and how he chooses his starting position and how much space he leaves in behind himself. He left the perfect amount for an attacker to blitz past and get into dangerous areas on the occasions his man got away from him.

So there's still plenty to find out and these are just small observations at this point in time. He'll obviously need to work on aspects of his play but more importantly, this is just about getting minutes under the belt ahead of a solid pre-season.

I'm not so sure it was wise or smart for him to throw himself into all manner of heavy tackles or challenges so soon after such a bad injury either, but you can't fault his enthusiasm. He doesn't have to prove anything in that regard, so hopefully he can remain fit and healthy and build some momentum that allows him to hit that pre-season at the same level as everybody else.
Jack Robinson on 14:10 - Apr 10 with 3890 viewsJamie

Jack Robinson on 20:10 - Apr 9 by ingeminate

No Konchesky IMO

Joking aside, it's criminal that having tried to rid the club of tossers on megamoney, we're now paying one of Leicester's players megamoney to not play...
Jack Robinson on 14:15 - Apr 10 with 3883 viewsJigsore

Jack Robinson on 14:10 - Apr 10 by Jamie

Joking aside, it's criminal that having tried to rid the club of tossers on megamoney, we're now paying one of Leicester's players megamoney to not play...

when they got promoted Konchesky signed a new deal and i'd imagine on far lower wages than he was once on when he first joined. Doubt its megamoney or Les and Lee wouldn't have approved the signing

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Jack Robinson on 17:16 - Apr 10 with 3755 viewsNeil_SI

I think Konchesky's done exactly what was asked of him. He's been fit and ready to play every week, and whether he's past his best of not is besides the point (and he is), he's offered value to us in that sense and at a time when we were short of players for various reasons and needed a stopgap replacement with experience.

He has been treated harshly by some supporters. There's a difference between not being good enough and being a poor professional, but he's been nothing but a model pro here and at times this season he's actually looked fitter than a lot of the younger players and always given 100%. I think he's been professional enough to maintain his standards in terms of how he prepares and looks after himself and you'd hope that kind of dedication is something some of those younger than him can look up to and learn from.

Now, as players like Robinson are returning, it's only natural that Konchesky is being phased out, but we had Yun and Robinson injured at the start of the campaign, and Kwepkwa needs more experience as well before being ready and expected to play a 46 game campaign.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024