Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 547241 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 17:12 - Jun 15 with 5023 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 16:53 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

No cheese tonight. School night.

I was the same with Ozark. Excellent TV but had to park it for a while during lockdown.

I only hope you like it now you've lashed out on it, and you'll be asking Konk where to get an orange armband.
Half decent tv on 17:28 - Jun 15 with 5011 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 17:12 - Jun 15 by MrSheen

I only hope you like it now you've lashed out on it, and you'll be asking Konk where to get an orange armband.

Lagerfield presumably does a nice orange one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 19:27 - Jun 15 with 4954 viewsLblock

Finished series one of Fauda at weekend
Unimpressed
Think I’ll give two and three a miss

Started Queen of the South on Netflix; two episodes in an this looks like a load of bollox

Quite enjoyed series two of Sunderland till I die though.... hearing they miss out on the play offs all together this year now spells very bad things for them I’d imagine

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 22:40 - Jun 15 with 4916 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 17:12 - Jun 15 by MrSheen

Really enjoying it, Sheen. It's well made, well acted and engrossing.

Thanks man.

Half decent tv on 09:03 - Jun 16 with 4832 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 22:40 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Really enjoying it, Sheen. It's well made, well acted and engrossing.

Thanks man.

Welcome to Le Club Gingembre. You'll never leave.
Half decent tv on 18:08 - Jun 16 with 4771 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 09:03 - Jun 16 by MrSheen

Welcome to Le Club Gingembre. You'll never leave.

I think I must be weird cause I’ve never really got it with Audrey, which I know is sacrilege on here.
I think I actually prefer Laure ( Caroline Proust). Should I see a shrink about it?
Back to the point of the thread has anyone seen Orphan Black? Think it was a massively enjoyable sci-fi series and Tatiana Maslany’s performance as all the clones was amazing.
Half decent tv on 18:15 - Jun 16 with 4762 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 18:08 - Jun 16 by johnhoop

I think I must be weird cause I’ve never really got it with Audrey, which I know is sacrilege on here.
I think I actually prefer Laure ( Caroline Proust). Should I see a shrink about it?
Back to the point of the thread has anyone seen Orphan Black? Think it was a massively enjoyable sci-fi series and Tatiana Maslany’s performance as all the clones was amazing.

"I think I must be weird cause I’ve never really got it with Audrey, which I know is sacrilege on here.
I think I actually prefer Laure ( Caroline Proust). Should I see a shrink about it?"

Only a couple of episodes in, but I agree with you.

Half decent tv on 18:22 - Jun 16 with 4754 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 18:15 - Jun 16 by BrianMcCarthy

"I think I must be weird cause I’ve never really got it with Audrey, which I know is sacrilege on here.
I think I actually prefer Laure ( Caroline Proust). Should I see a shrink about it?"

Only a couple of episodes in, but I agree with you.

Thanks for the reassurance Brian. I actually quite envy you if you’re only a couple of episodes in and you’ve got all the rest of it still to watch.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 07:24 - Jun 19 with 4660 viewsloftboy

Haven’t read the whole thread so don’t know if it’s been mentioned but I watched Parasite last night, subtitled but brilliant.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Half decent tv on 07:26 - Jun 19 with 4658 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stumbled across The Looming Tower on Amazon the night before last. It's about the CIA and FBI's bungling counter-intelligence prior to 9/11. I've only watched two episodes (of ten) and it's excellent. Fast paced, great dialogue, well shot and superbly acted with Jeff Daniels on top of his game, in particular.

Half decent tv on 13:04 - Jun 19 with 4600 viewsMrSheen

Bit of a strange one here. I was on my Amazon Prime account this week and I noticed there is a channel called "The Great Courses". They used to advertise on podcasts a few years ago, when they wanted you to sign up for about £100 for an online filmed college lecture series. They seem to have lowered their expectations and have put hundreds of them on Prime for £5.49 a month.

Although they were only filmed about 2014, they already look terrible - imagine Open University lectures from the 1970s remade by a Christian TV channel, with a series of middle-aged gargoyle profs in sports jackets and slacks shuffling across a hotel reception to look at either camera in turn. But the content (based on three I have on the go so far) is fantastic. For example, one of the three (the other two are American History from the Civil War to WW1 and Introductory Electronics!) is on Gnosticism, a mystical form of early Christianity. I'd vaguely heard of it, but knew nothing and probably cared less, but I'm riveted by it, including the idea that the Earth was created by an imperfect lesser God called Ialdabaoth. Who knew?

There are hundreds of courses on there. Have a look.
Half decent tv on 13:25 - Jun 19 with 4589 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 08:11 - Jun 3 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm really enjoying 'The Roman Empire' having just re-read Tom Holland's 'Dynasty' and 'In The Shadow Of the Sword'.

I started at series 3 and am working back as I didn't realise the first one Netfix gave me was the latest.

We are veering off topic here a bit by talking about booooooks (copyright Jim Bowen) but Tom Holland is excellent. I read "Persian Fire" a while ago, fascinating stuff.

Richard Miles' TV series "Ancient Worlds" was good and is available on DVD. His book "Carthage must be destroyed" (or "Delenda est Carthage" if you are Boris Johnson) is also a great read.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 13:30 - Jun 19 with 4582 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 13:25 - Jun 19 by R_from_afar

We are veering off topic here a bit by talking about booooooks (copyright Jim Bowen) but Tom Holland is excellent. I read "Persian Fire" a while ago, fascinating stuff.

Richard Miles' TV series "Ancient Worlds" was good and is available on DVD. His book "Carthage must be destroyed" (or "Delenda est Carthage" if you are Boris Johnson) is also a great read.

Delenda est Carthago.

Stay alert, wiff-waff.
Half decent tv on 13:39 - Jun 19 with 4569 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 13:30 - Jun 19 by MrSheen

Delenda est Carthago.

Stay alert, wiff-waff.

I stand corrected. Oh the shame, for I studied both Latin and Ancient Greek to O Level

I was forced by the school to do Latin - ouch - but for some bizarre reason, actually *chose* to do Ancient Greek. What was I on?

Mind you, it was in "my salad days, when I was green in judgment".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 15:51 - Jul 7 with 4463 viewsMetallica_Hoop

'What we do in the Shadows' had made me laugh out loud more than anything since 'Only Fools and Horses'.

I actually cried laughing today watching at lunch.

Absolutely brilliant.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 16:26 - Jul 7 with 4426 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I just finished the Spy on Netflix which I would highly recommend. Based on a true story and some good acting from Sacha Baron Cohen who coincidentally plays a spy called Cohen.
Half decent tv on 23:20 - Jul 7 with 4360 viewsLblock

Half decent tv on 16:26 - Jul 7 by CroydonCaptJack

I just finished the Spy on Netflix which I would highly recommend. Based on a true story and some good acting from Sacha Baron Cohen who coincidentally plays a spy called Cohen.

Isn’t he distantly related to the fella?

I seem to think I read somewhere he was and his intrigue led him to research, direct and star in it. That thought may have simply manifested itself in my pea brain after a 12 case of Corona though.

Nevertheless, it’s a bloody brilliant watch

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 13:52 - Jul 9 with 4273 viewsRanger_Things

Norseman season 3 coming on 22nd July.

That is all.
Half decent tv on 13:55 - Jul 9 with 4267 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 07:26 - Jun 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Stumbled across The Looming Tower on Amazon the night before last. It's about the CIA and FBI's bungling counter-intelligence prior to 9/11. I've only watched two episodes (of ten) and it's excellent. Fast paced, great dialogue, well shot and superbly acted with Jeff Daniels on top of his game, in particular.

Finished this. Best TV I've watched in a while.

Half decent tv on 14:50 - Jul 9 with 4234 viewsTheChef

Fck me there is just too much TV to watch and not enough hours in the day (not that I'd want to spend all day watching TV...)

Just got Netflix - without trawling through all the pages here what can people recommend? Something that both me and Mrs Chef can agree on (good luck with that one!)

I like the sound of Ozark, think that has had thumbs up from most people on here?

Cheers!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 16:38 - Jul 9 with 4178 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 14:50 - Jul 9 by TheChef

Fck me there is just too much TV to watch and not enough hours in the day (not that I'd want to spend all day watching TV...)

Just got Netflix - without trawling through all the pages here what can people recommend? Something that both me and Mrs Chef can agree on (good luck with that one!)

I like the sound of Ozark, think that has had thumbs up from most people on here?

Cheers!

Ozark - yes! Tiger King - definitely.
Half decent tv on 20:28 - Jul 9 with 4145 viewsRanger_Things

Warrior Nun. Comic book adaptation as ridiculous as it's title. Slow start but a lot of fun. Hopefully it gets a second series.
Half decent tv on 20:29 - Jul 9 with 4144 viewsdannyblue

I May Destroy You may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's good. Well written and acted and not your usual fare.
Half decent tv on 00:28 - Jul 10 with 4115 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

2020, Pluto: Back from the dead - on the BBC.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Half decent tv on 01:15 - Jul 10 with 4105 viewstimcocking

Half decent tv on 20:28 - Jul 9 by Ranger_Things

Warrior Nun. Comic book adaptation as ridiculous as it's title. Slow start but a lot of fun. Hopefully it gets a second series.

No offence, but without having watched it, i'm quite certain that's a 1 out of 10. Even hearing the word comic makes me ill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024