Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty 17:21 - Jun 11 with 59659 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:42 - Jun 12 with 3519 viewsWatfordR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:27 - Jun 12 by paulparker

Disagree with most of that
The past 5 or 6 tournaments have gone without any problems , the England fans are now beer monsters,years ago people wanted us to be more like the scots and Irish in tournaments well we are the problem is we are hated everywhere ,we are the millwall of international football
I didn't see England fans storming the Russians nor have I heard of stabbed Russian fans or Russian fans on death door battered to an inch of there lives
It seems it's ok to have a pop at us with weapons,knives,tear gas it's considered our fault
Because we are p1ssed up, hopefully now the English lads stick together because some of the reporting and comments have been a disgrace and an embarrassment

Are you there?
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:46 - Jun 12 with 3500 viewsClive_Anderson

Well I obviously overreacted and Brian clearly isn't a c@nt so I apologise.

For the interests of clarity I was pissed off with when he said this after innocent England fans got attacked and I'm pretty sure there's no way I misinterpreted it like some are trying to claim (how exactly?):

"England have some filthy scum as fans and its their fault that genuine English fans are being attacked. W@nkers."

I can't help but see that as a completely unnecessary dig at the English, especially in light of reports that the Russian and local ultras were making completely unprovoked attacks on fans (including people in wheelchairs FFS).

Anyway it seems I'm on my own in this and have somehow completely misunderstood so I'm going to leave it there.

Edit. thank fck for PaulParker...thought I was going mental
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 11:47]
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:53 - Jun 12 with 3466 viewsFDC

"thank fck for PaulParker...thought I was going mental"

If there was ever a sign you're going mental...
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:56 - Jun 12 with 3457 viewsWatfordR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:46 - Jun 12 by Clive_Anderson

For the interests of clarity I was pissed off with when he said this after innocent England fans got attacked and I'm pretty sure there's no way I misinterpreted it like some are trying to claim (how exactly?):

"England have some filthy scum as fans and its their fault that genuine English fans are being attacked. W@nkers."

I can't help but see that as a completely unnecessary dig at the English, especially in light of reports that the Russian and local ultras were making completely unprovoked attacks on fans (including people in wheelchairs FFS).

Anyway it seems I'm on my own in this and have somehow completely misunderstood so I'm going to leave it there.

Fair play mate.

Just out of interest, do you believe its incorrect to say that "England have some filthy scum as fans"?
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:03 - Jun 12 with 3429 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:27 - Jun 12 by paulparker

Disagree with most of that
The past 5 or 6 tournaments have gone without any problems , the England fans are now beer monsters,years ago people wanted us to be more like the scots and Irish in tournaments well we are the problem is we are hated everywhere ,we are the millwall of international football
I didn't see England fans storming the Russians nor have I heard of stabbed Russian fans or Russian fans on death door battered to an inch of there lives
It seems it's ok to have a pop at us with weapons,knives,tear gas it's considered our fault
Because we are p1ssed up, hopefully now the English lads stick together because some of the reporting and comments have been a disgrace and an embarrassment

Totally agree

Our record at past tournaments since Euro 2000 has been excellent and fans very well behaved majority of incidents start because the English have been attacked

The world cup in Russia will be a disaster they are probably the most intolerant country in the world with a dangerous racist undercurrent and you will see innocent fans from from Africa etc being attacked but hopefully they will get some sympathy and won't be blamed

As for the rest of the tournament the French Police really need to get organised and change tact as otherwise you will see more of this

Anyway looking forward to going out there Thursday for a few beers and enjoying the atmosphere
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:04 - Jun 12 with 3422 viewslondonscottish

I went to the Russia England game in Moscow in 2007 and some of the Russian fans were seriously hardcore. They were having pitched battles with their own up and down some of the main streets in town in the two hours leading up to kickoff and they tried to storm the England supporters' hotel on one of the nights, smashing loads of the glass at the front in the process.

Didn't see the English doing anything.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:12 - Jun 12 with 3392 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:04 - Jun 12 by londonscottish

I went to the Russia England game in Moscow in 2007 and some of the Russian fans were seriously hardcore. They were having pitched battles with their own up and down some of the main streets in town in the two hours leading up to kickoff and they tried to storm the England supporters' hotel on one of the nights, smashing loads of the glass at the front in the process.

Didn't see the English doing anything.

In the Arbrat (sp) night before the game they were attacking small groups and on the day of the game

After the game was a nightmare trying to get back to our apartment with Russians on every corner looking to attack any English I think in the end we had to hail down a larda to get us out of there !

I see UEFA have charged the Russians today so will be interesting to see what they get for the trouble in the ground
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 12:13]
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:23 - Jun 12 with 3354 viewsClive_Anderson

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:56 - Jun 12 by WatfordR

Fair play mate.

Just out of interest, do you believe its incorrect to say that "England have some filthy scum as fans"?

Well obviously they do but in general they are no worse than most teams now and better than a lot of Eastern European sides.

But my problem is bringing it up when England aren't even to blame. Why even mention that when it's England supporters getting attacked? It's like bringing up the troubles when the Irish got attacked last night, absolutely nothing to do with it.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:32 - Jun 12 with 3326 viewsDWQPR

Got a text this morning from a friend who with a few mates have gone on a road trip in a camper van and who I know will avoid trouble at all costs, firstly because he would lose his job, secondly because he has a young family and thirdly, he just isn't the kind to want to get in a ruck. He said a couple of his friends were having a glass of wine in a bar not far from the main area of the trouble when the bar was suddenly filled with tear gas from the French police. There was no trouble in the bar at the time. He also said that he saw gangs of Russian youths roaming the streets just looking for anybody that resembled an Englishman. Fortunately none of them came to any harm. They're driving to St Tropez today for an altogether different experience.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:35 - Jun 12 with 3321 viewsDejR_vu

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:33 - Jun 11 by Honkytonks

Let's not fight amongst ourselves people..we are all qpr after all...

Always the same. Seriously, what did you expect on here?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:42 - Jun 12 with 3300 viewsPunteR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:01 - Jun 12 by CroydonCaptJack

That's a strange thing to say mate. So if you travel without children you are obviously up for getting randomly attacked??

That's not what I meant at all. I was a harsh saying I have no sympathy for the English fans though, beer talk. As Rangers12 and paulparker said ,it was always going to kick off. Obviously I don't want anyone getting hurt especially family's over there but if your a lagged up England fan in a group of lads giving large your going to attract trouble. I'm not trying to get on the moral high ground or defend or condone what's happening.
England fans have got a reputation so I'm basing my views rightly or wrongly on that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:53 - Jun 12 with 3262 viewsPunteR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:49 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

It's probably safer staying in your house all day with the curtains drawn but sometimes you have to live a little

I've got my pipe and slippers on as we speak.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:56 - Jun 12 with 3255 viewsPunteR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:45 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

When the Russians charged in the ground there was clearly women and kids in that England section

The Russians have been attacking small groups of England fans in shirts who have done nthing wrong than being in the wrong place at the wrong time

I haven't seen that mate. Not saying it isn't happening. Shame.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:58 - Jun 12 with 3253 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:53 - Jun 12 by PunteR

I've got my pipe and slippers on as we speak.

The authorities should of played loads of trance music given out free MDMA there wouldn't of been any trouble just peace & love
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 12:59]
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:12 - Jun 12 with 3210 viewslondonscottish

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:12 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

In the Arbrat (sp) night before the game they were attacking small groups and on the day of the game

After the game was a nightmare trying to get back to our apartment with Russians on every corner looking to attack any English I think in the end we had to hail down a larda to get us out of there !

I see UEFA have charged the Russians today so will be interesting to see what they get for the trouble in the ground
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 12:13]

We all lost our ticket stubs for the supporters coaches so had to make our own way back on the underground. We were ushered through a cordon of paramilitaries and onto our train. The same thing happened when we got to the tube stop and got off. Just as well as there were Russian fans hammering on the doors dividing our coaches from theirs and hammering on the windows as we walked past.

We emerged in a big square full of Russian fans and headed off in entirely the wrong direction. 20 minutes later we had to run the gauntlet and walk back through the same square. Luckily they had won and were in a relatively good mood as I'm not sure we'd have got away with that otherwise.

It was like being in some sort of giant Millwall. In the 70's.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:22 - Jun 12 with 3167 viewskensalriser

Perspective from the Observer's man in Moscow:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/11/euro-2016-england-russia-fans-c

Not surprising that some Russians are taking behavioural example from their dictator. I hope UEFA has the balls to take appropriate action.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:22 - Jun 12 with 3166 viewsPunteR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:58 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

The authorities should of played loads of trance music given out free MDMA there wouldn't of been any trouble just peace & love
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 12:59]

Would solve all the world problems.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 13:23]

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:29 - Jun 12 with 3141 viewsTheBlob

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:22 - Jun 12 by PunteR

Would solve all the world problems.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 13:23]

Somehow the prospect of another 100 pages of Frankie F*cking Knuckles seems like the harbinger of doom.

[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 13:30]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:37 - Jun 12 with 3111 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:46 - Jun 12 by Clive_Anderson

Thanks Clive, I appreciate that. I was annoyed too as I hate violence, and I wish I'd taken another minute to express myself better.

As for your quote "England have some filthy scum as fans and its their fault that genuine English fans are being attacked. W@nkers." I have no problem repeating that I worded that poorly. It could sound like I was blaming just the English, so I don't blame you for reading it that way. I honestly wasn't as I'd already acknowledged that it was Russians with knives that started it all.

Things you mightn't know about me, just for the record: I was born in England, I've spent 17 years in England in total, half of my friends are English, I've held British passports, I've supported England in the flesh and on the box, I was shouting for England last night, I had friends in Marseilles last night, I follow English cricket.

Anyway, all that by way of saying thanks, and sorry again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:38 - Jun 12 with 3104 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 08:44 - Jun 12 by TheBlob

Brian has spectacles?
There goes my mental picture of the towering superhuman with a rippling six pack and teeth like an artctic glacier.

Picture a Clark Kent type of figure!

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:42 - Jun 12 with 3135 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:26 - Jun 12 by loftboy

I actually read his post as "England fans were being attacked due to past reputation" in which case Brian is probably correct, these thick Russkies probably assume that we're still in the 70's/80/s and anyone is fair game, no where in his post did he say the fans out there were the cause of it. IMHO of course.

That is what I was trying to say, thanks Loftboy. Wish I'd said it as clearly as you did!

Thanks for all the support, folks. Genuinely appreciated.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:51 - Jun 12 with 3096 viewsTheBlob

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:38 - Jun 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Picture a Clark Kent type of figure!

I thought they'd done away with telephone boxes in your part of the world.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 14:54 - Jun 12 with 2968 viewsPommyhoop

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone know the words to the song England were singing that
had the same tune as the Payet song. I couldn't make the words out.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:39 - Jun 12 with 2870 viewsMatch82

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 02:29 - Jun 12 by PunteR

I hear you Dagenhamsteve. English fans have a reputation. I hope Mels bus and our QPR fans going over there are ok and don't get a table smashed over their head or something
But there's a risk, there always is isn't there.?
With all the politics going on,terrorist etc watching on the big screen down the local seems a safer option to me.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 2:47]

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 16:19 - Jun 12 with 2766 viewsLblock

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/12/euro-2016-uefa-investigate-violen

Slowly, slowly the truth will out.

I accept that we used to run amok everywhere we went.
I also accept that there are over 3,000 travel orders currently in place when England play away
I'd also accept that it's not beyond a fair smattering of Englands current following to "get involved" or kick things off.

But here we are in 2018 and maybe, just maybe, people will start to accept or listen to fans who have been saying for years
That they get massively heavy handed policing for no reason
That they get singled out as aggressors when victims
That they are seen as fair game for locals
That the authorities seem incompetent, incapable or simply dont care
That people seem to find it very difficult to distinguish between loud, lairy and drunken behavior and actual full blown thuggery

I'm still gutted I let my ticket for Monday in St. Ettienne slip through my fingers.
Especially now as Woy and the Boys are looking at joining the Vote Leave campaign and the World Cup in Russia and Quatar are non starters for me and the Euro's in it's current guise has been blown apart but the crooks.

Shame
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 16:47]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024