Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on Ireland 14:03 - Jun 26 with 2689 viewswelwynranger

1 up after 2 minutes
Come on Ireland on 15:33 - Jun 26 with 1498 viewskensalriser

No, I think he's English!

Certainly very much in favour of the professional foul.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Come on Ireland on 15:35 - Jun 26 with 1490 viewsToast_R

That double jeopardy rule is actually a whole lot better IMO.
Come on Ireland on 15:38 - Jun 26 with 1484 viewsPunteR

Ireland faffing with the ball at the back isn't going to help

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Come on Ireland on 15:47 - Jun 26 with 1450 viewsjohncharles

Come on Ireland on 15:33 - Jun 26 by kensalriser

No, I think he's English!

Certainly very much in favour of the professional foul.

He's certainly in favour of the French

Strong and stable my arse.

Come on Ireland on 15:57 - Jun 26 with 1417 viewsHonkytonks

The boy keogh is just a born loser!
Come on Ireland on 16:02 - Jun 26 with 1402 viewsactonman

Bit of qpr about them there, 1 0 up , better team, missed chances then come out thinking the game will stay the same and trying to defend for 45 mins.

With a bit more about them , France could have been picked off.

Never mind, done themselfs proud today
Come on Ireland on 16:07 - Jun 26 with 1385 viewskomradkirk

After the abuse Savage got for being biased toward his own Andy certainly wasn't going to fall into that trap.

horrific pundit.
Come on Ireland on 16:15 - Jun 26 with 1369 viewsjohncharles

Come on Ireland on 16:07 - Jun 26 by komradkirk

After the abuse Savage got for being biased toward his own Andy certainly wasn't going to fall into that trap.

horrific pundit.

If I was Irish, or even just called myself Irish I'd be going apeshit about that obvious corner that wasn't given just before France scored.
And why did Shane Long get a yellow ? Townsend didn't think it was worth finding out. Give me Robbie Savage every day of the week.

Login to get fewer ads

Come on Ireland on 16:21 - Jun 26 with 1357 viewsactonman

Come on Ireland on 16:15 - Jun 26 by johncharles

If I was Irish, or even just called myself Irish I'd be going apeshit about that obvious corner that wasn't given just before France scored.
And why did Shane Long get a yellow ? Townsend didn't think it was worth finding out. Give me Robbie Savage every day of the week.

Not to mention the 5% allocation given to the irish, be interesting to see what they give for the next game

Slippery French fkers!!
Come on Ireland on 17:38 - Jun 26 with 1306 viewsMonahoop

A different French team were out for the second half, but yes JohnCharles, I was puzzled why Ireland never got that corner, not that it would have made much difference to the eventual outcome had they got it. Ireland looked spent in the end and I was glad extra time didn't happen as France would probably have destroyed them. Still, did well in this tournament apart from against Belgium,the fans were brilliant, there will be another time for them.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Come on Ireland on 18:13 - Jun 26 with 1273 viewsTacticalR

They didn't get through but this Irish team is a massive improvement on the Euro 2012 team.

Air hostess clique

Come on Ireland on 23:46 - Jun 26 with 1172 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought that once they made tactical changes at half time we were done. They doubled up on Ward and that was enough.

It didn't help that Hendrick's dead leg effectively took him out of the game.

All told, though, we did very well with what we had and though it hurts to lose a lead the better team won and we just didn't have the talent to compete when they switched on.

All told, pride restored. Take it away, Edith....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Come on Ireland on 09:08 - Jun 27 with 1099 viewsfrancisbowles

Come on Ireland on 23:46 - Jun 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that once they made tactical changes at half time we were done. They doubled up on Ward and that was enough.

All told, though, we did very well with what we had and though it hurts to lose a lead the better team won and we just didn't have the talent to compete when they switched on.

I know it sound daft but they scored too early. It put them under massive pressure for 88 mins. They needed to knick another to have a chance and nearly did.

Great effort, nobody left anything out there, all were on their knees in the last few minutes, couldn't get back and were fortunate not to concede more.

Oh well, England's turn tonight and if we manage to get through we can try and take the French next Sunday, I think?
Come on Ireland on 09:19 - Jun 27 with 1092 viewspaulparker

Come on Ireland on 09:08 - Jun 27 by francisbowles

I know it sound daft but they scored too early. It put them under massive pressure for 88 mins. They needed to knick another to have a chance and nearly did.

Great effort, nobody left anything out there, all were on their knees in the last few minutes, couldn't get back and were fortunate not to concede more.

Oh well, England's turn tonight and if we manage to get through we can try and take the French next Sunday, I think?

Hard Luck to Ireland who I thought we brilliant , especially the 1st half
the midfield for me was knackard and seemed to be overrun in the 2nd half , the only thing I can criticise Oneill for is the selection of Mclean who I thought was woeful
should have gone with Mcgeady or Hoolahan , but if you look at the players they have its a great achievement to qualify for the Euros , get out of the group and into the last 16

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Come on Ireland on 11:35 - Jun 27 with 1070 viewsrobith

Was gutting, mostly because France are, ya know, like, pretty good. And when they turned it on we just didn't have an answer because we're a pretty average but hard working bunch.

Just glad we made some kind of mark unlike 2012 and that we got some tremendous memories
Come on Ireland on 11:37 - Jun 27 with 1125 viewsbob566

Come on Ireland on 09:19 - Jun 27 by paulparker

Hard Luck to Ireland who I thought we brilliant , especially the 1st half
the midfield for me was knackard and seemed to be overrun in the 2nd half , the only thing I can criticise Oneill for is the selection of Mclean who I thought was woeful
should have gone with Mcgeady or Hoolahan , but if you look at the players they have its a great achievement to qualify for the Euros , get out of the group and into the last 16

hoolihan yes but he plays in the centre. McGeady. Couldn't even make the Wednesday bench at the end of his loan.
Come on Ireland on 12:29 - Jun 27 with 1105 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoolahan clearly didn't have more than ten or fifteen minutes in him. One other option was to bring Brady to left-back fro the under-pressure Ward at half-time and bring Hoolahan in to the centre but that mustn't have been possible either.

Come on Ireland on 12:35 - Jun 27 with 1099 viewsbob566

Come on Ireland on 12:29 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Hoolahan clearly didn't have more than ten or fifteen minutes in him. One other option was to bring Brady to left-back fro the under-pressure Ward at half-time and bring Hoolahan in to the centre but that mustn't have been possible either.

happy with the duffy Keogh partnership or would you have played one of plus O'Shea.

RTE saying it was too much pressure for a new partnership and you needed somebody with experience but how can you get experience if you don't play them.

I was very happy with the pairing myself. Got done by one Giroud salmon leap that duffy got sucked over across but that aside I thought it was a solid partnership.

Well done to the boys in green. Gave it their all. Couldn't fault the effort.
Come on Ireland on 12:48 - Jun 27 with 1092 viewsrobith

Come on Ireland on 11:37 - Jun 27 by bob566

hoolihan yes but he plays in the centre. McGeady. Couldn't even make the Wednesday bench at the end of his loan.

McGeady is an absolute waste of space
Come on Ireland on 12:57 - Jun 27 with 1084 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Come on Ireland on 12:35 - Jun 27 by bob566

happy with the duffy Keogh partnership or would you have played one of plus O'Shea.

RTE saying it was too much pressure for a new partnership and you needed somebody with experience but how can you get experience if you don't play them.

I was very happy with the pairing myself. Got done by one Giroud salmon leap that duffy got sucked over across but that aside I thought it was a solid partnership.

Well done to the boys in green. Gave it their all. Couldn't fault the effort.

I was generally happy with them< Bob, and I don't think O' Shea (even if 100% fit, which I doubt he was) would have been any better.

Apart from that incident, I thought they did a world of good defending.

Come on Ireland on 13:12 - Jun 27 with 1067 viewsbob566

Come on Ireland on 12:57 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I was generally happy with them< Bob, and I don't think O' Shea (even if 100% fit, which I doubt he was) would have been any better.

Apart from that incident, I thought they did a world of good defending.

duffy looks the part. I'd love little old qpr to put a bid in for him.
Come on Ireland on 13:19 - Jun 27 with 1062 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Come on Ireland on 13:12 - Jun 27 by bob566

duffy looks the part. I'd love little old qpr to put a bid in for him.

Haven't seen much of him but impressed with what I have seen.

Come on Ireland on 13:31 - Jun 27 with 1052 viewsjohncharles

Come on Ireland on 23:46 - Jun 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Very magnanimous of to choose a French song Brian.

Now, does anyone know why Shane got his yellow card ?

Come on Ireland on 13:34 - Jun 27 with 1045 viewsPunteR

Come on Ireland on 13:31 - Jun 27 by johncharles

Farting?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Come on Ireland on 13:35 - Jun 27 with 1039 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Come on Ireland on 13:31 - Jun 27 by johncharles

Ya, why not!

I never heard what the long booking was for. I couldn't fathom it from the tv coverage anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024