Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG to Sporting? 08:15 - Aug 18 with 11476 viewsHoopstar

Wishing I hadn't succumbed to reactivating my Twitter account...

Some Portuguese chap on there seems adamant our BFG is off to Sporting in Portugal for 1.5 million...

No idea if this is remotely true but he seems confident he has a medical tomorrow and signing by Friday!

I'd be gutted for one!
BFG to Sporting? on 08:20 - Aug 18 with 5797 viewsTacticalR

We wouldn't know where our next penalty is coming from.

Air hostess clique

BFG to Sporting? on 08:23 - Aug 18 with 5778 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Can't see that personally.
BFG to Sporting? on 08:24 - Aug 18 with 5771 viewsPinnerPaul

Sounds ridiculous and probably is.
BFG to Sporting? on 08:26 - Aug 18 with 5759 viewsHoopstar

Went into panic mode..

Needed some reassurance from those more seasoned in Twitter nonsense.

Fingers crossed. These Champ CB's don't seem to know how to tackle him properly!
BFG to Sporting? on 08:35 - Aug 18 with 5728 viewsMytch_QPR

BFG to Sporting? on 08:26 - Aug 18 by Hoopstar

Went into panic mode..

Needed some reassurance from those more seasoned in Twitter nonsense.

Fingers crossed. These Champ CB's don't seem to know how to tackle him properly!

I heard the deal collapsed in the 47th minute, then again in the 74th.

Coat.

On a serious note, it's got to be nonsense. We'd be wholly reliant on Washington and Mackie - with added pressure on Chery.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

BFG to Sporting? on 08:39 - Aug 18 with 5707 viewsRBlock

Can't see that at all. Firstly 1.5m?! We bought him for 1, in this market he appreciated in value a bit more than that. Also we have no need to sell, and couldn't dig up a replacement for anywhere near what they are offering.
BFG to Sporting? on 09:21 - Aug 18 with 5545 viewsBlue_Castello

BFG to Sporting? on 08:39 - Aug 18 by RBlock

Can't see that at all. Firstly 1.5m?! We bought him for 1, in this market he appreciated in value a bit more than that. Also we have no need to sell, and couldn't dig up a replacement for anywhere near what they are offering.

Agreed that is just complete rubbish we are currently basing our new team around a lone striker and BFG is the only one who fits that criteria, Washington is just not capable of battling two centre halves on his own he needs support.

This Twitter is complete shit are we supposed to believe that the club is prepared to let him go for 1.5 million if he was available which I'm sure he's not, in today's market he's worth 5-10 million take your pick of the number.

Finally why would BFG leave he's still establishing himself as a striker and by all reports is very happy at the club.

Social media bollocks in my humble opinion.......
BFG to Sporting? on 09:59 - Aug 18 with 5406 viewsrobith

If you're going to go into a panic over nonsense like this, then twitter probably isn't for you
Login to get fewer ads

BFG to Sporting? on 10:13 - Aug 18 with 5340 viewsWestbourneR

BFG to Sporting? on 08:39 - Aug 18 by RBlock

We got him on a free actually, contract had run down at Union Berlin.

Not that I think for a second that Sporting Lisbon want to sign him.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

BFG to Sporting? on 10:21 - Aug 18 with 5304 viewsNorthernr

BFG to Sporting? on 10:13 - Aug 18 by WestbourneR

His contract had run down at Union Berlin, one year loan deals will do that. He was actually signed from Mainz for an undisclosed fee, said to be around the £1m mark although the Ferdinand bashers say it was substantially more.

Hopefully your second sentence is more on the money than your first.
BFG to Sporting? on 10:27 - Aug 18 with 5272 viewsrsonist

BFG to Sporting? on 09:59 - Aug 18 by robith

If you're going to go into a panic over nonsense like this, then twitter probably isn't for you

^^^
BFG to Sporting? on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 5206 viewskensalriser

Roll on the day the transfer window SlamsShut (TM), thus ending the need to endure more similar arrant nonsense.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BFG to Sporting? on 11:21 - Aug 18 with 5092 viewssimmo

BFG to Sporting? on 10:13 - Aug 18 by WestbourneR

That's not true either, ACTUALLY.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

BFG to Sporting? on 11:28 - Aug 18 with 5073 viewseghamranger

BFG to Sporting? on 11:21 - Aug 18 by simmo

That's not true either, ACTUALLY.

I read on Twitter that he had signed for them on a free and Sandro has gone there on loan too. We have to pay Sandros wages till the end of season. All a bit last minute as because chery didn't celebrate his goal again, the BFG got the hump and left holding hands with Sandro.

Getting Adel back though 🙄🙄

Must be true as I read it on Twitter.

Charlie will sign next week as well
[Post edited 18 Aug 2016 11:30]
BFG to Sporting? on 11:34 - Aug 18 with 5054 viewsWestbourneR

BFG to Sporting? on 10:21 - Aug 18 by Northernr

His contract had run down at Union Berlin, one year loan deals will do that. He was actually signed from Mainz for an undisclosed fee, said to be around the £1m mark although the Ferdinand bashers say it was substantially more.

Hopefully your second sentence is more on the money than your first.

Ah he was on loan at Union Berlin. I am surprised to discover we paid a fee for him, I'd always understood it to be a free. He has the technique of free transfer.

I'd be utterly amazed if he went to Sporting Lisbon because their a Champions League level club and they'd be looking to buy players far far better than Polter - a vaguely reliable first touch would help.

That said.. they did play Ricky Van Wolfswinkel up front and he's one of the worst I've ever seen.

BFG to Sporting? on 11:42 - Aug 18 with 5025 viewsNorthernr

BFG to Sporting? on 11:34 - Aug 18 by WestbourneR

Ah he was on loan at Union Berlin. I am surprised to discover we paid a fee for him, I'd always understood it to be a free. He has the technique of free transfer.

I'd be utterly amazed if he went to Sporting Lisbon because their a Champions League level club and they'd be looking to buy players far far better than Polter - a vaguely reliable first touch would help.

That said.. they did play Ricky Van Wolfswinkel up front and he's one of the worst I've ever seen.

Love it. Object lesson in how to turn your own completely factually incorrect post into yet another dig at one of our players.
BFG to Sporting? on 11:57 - Aug 18 with 4961 viewsdanehoop

BFG to Sporting? on 11:34 - Aug 18 by WestbourneR

Yes, Wolfswinkle was terrible for Sporting.

That 28 goals in 55 games was an awful time for them.

Never knowingly understood

BFG to Sporting? on 11:59 - Aug 18 with 4956 viewsWatford_Ranger

it's a complete myth that he's A) crap or B) has a bad first touch (at least relative to most Championship strikers) based on a few mediocre sub appearances when he was new to the team/league/country and a few morons singing "sht fkin German" at Birmingham when he came on for about four minutes and didn't win the first ball lumped towards his head.

I'm not saying he's perfect but there really aren't many Championship strikers I'd swap him for. Probably none if you assume we'd be looking to spend £3m max to replace him.
BFG to Sporting? on 12:13 - Aug 18 with 4888 viewsbosh67

I would hope there is nothing to this. The BFG is going to be immense for us this season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BFG to Sporting? on 12:21 - Aug 18 with 4855 viewsWestbourneR

BFG to Sporting? on 11:42 - Aug 18 by Northernr

Love it. Object lesson in how to turn your own completely factually incorrect post into yet another dig at one of our players.

Wow I really get under you skin don't I... another Northern flounce about a post. Dare I say it makes the board a bit more interesting and is about options, which is the point of the board after all. As moderator I thought you might get that... or do you want us all to fall in line with you, the football oracle?

It's not about 'digging out' it's about rating some players and not rating others. I thought that was allowed.

Polter had a terrible first touch, that's what I think. it is boarder line comical 50% of the time. That's my opinion. Feel free to disagree but try to stop being so bloody sanctimonious.

I could write a list of all the Rangers players I watch and rate highly if you like...
Smithies - excellent
Chery - better and better
Luongo & El Karate show real promise
As does Bidwell
Caulker looks rejuvenated
Like Onouha's attitude
Excited by Furlong

Loved Hill and Faurlin and Austin.

Does that help? Does it now give me the right to not rate Hall & Polter?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2016 12:26]

BFG to Sporting? on 12:25 - Aug 18 with 4825 viewsWestbourneR

BFG to Sporting? on 11:57 - Aug 18 by danehoop

Yes, Wolfswinkle was terrible for Sporting.

That 28 goals in 55 games was an awful time for them.

And you went to look that up. Nice one.

Well aware he scored goals in Portugal - that's why Norwich bought him. I thought with a name and record like that he'd be amazing.

Then I saw him play for Norwich and he was one of the worse centre forwards I seen in long while.

Whilst you're in stats mode Danehoop, how many goals did he score for Norwich?

BFG to Sporting? on 13:18 - Aug 18 with 4676 viewssimmo

BFG to Sporting? on 12:21 - Aug 18 by WestbourneR

Wow I really get under you skin don't I... another Northern flounce about a post. Dare I say it makes the board a bit more interesting and is about options, which is the point of the board after all. As moderator I thought you might get that... or do you want us all to fall in line with you, the football oracle?

It's not about 'digging out' it's about rating some players and not rating others. I thought that was allowed.

Polter had a terrible first touch, that's what I think. it is boarder line comical 50% of the time. That's my opinion. Feel free to disagree but try to stop being so bloody sanctimonious.

I could write a list of all the Rangers players I watch and rate highly if you like...
Smithies - excellent
As does Bidwell
Like Onouha's attitude
Excited by Furlong

You're not having an opinion, by your own admission you put up posts specifically to bait a reaction, so you can't moan like a bitch when you get one.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

BFG to Sporting? on 13:21 - Aug 18 with 4663 viewsTacticalR

@WestbourneR 'Wow I really get under you skin don't I... another Northern flounce about a post. Dare I say it makes the board a bit more interesting and is about options, which is the point of the board after all. As moderator I thought you might get that... or do you want us all to fall in line with you, the football oracle?'

I fear a Corbyn-style personality cult is developing.

Air hostess clique

BFG to Sporting? on 13:40 - Aug 18 with 4584 viewsNorthernr

BFG to Sporting? on 12:21 - Aug 18 by WestbourneR

Smithies - excellent
As does Bidwell
Like Onouha's attitude
Excited by Furlong

And you get under my skin?
BFG to Sporting? on 13:55 - Aug 18 with 4523 viewsWestbourneR

BFG to Sporting? on 13:40 - Aug 18 by Northernr

And you get under my skin?

Initially yes - admittedly you then get under mine.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024