Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We can't do it yet again 17:49 - Sep 17 with 6182 viewsBklynRanger

Shirley? I know it's all utter gash at the moment but we can't get ready to get rid of him yet. All that hassle. We've got to give him time to improve. Send him on a course or something. Think of the children.
We can't do it yet again on 17:54 - Sep 17 with 3735 viewskropotkin41

Yes, we should give him time. If we accept that we were never going to challenge for promotion this season then we should give him time....... but, tell me, why are we losing and not even looking like we're trying to play the style (any style) he said he wanted to play? Why does this all feel so familiar, even though we seem to have not a bad squad (bigger than Huddersfield's and more expensive)? To coin a phrase, what is going on? We need to know.

But, yes, we should keep him and let him learn........ maybe bring in McClaren and change the way we play........ a great deal. All of which I write accepting that the most relevant question is wtf do I know?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

We can't do it yet again on 18:03 - Sep 17 with 3674 viewsted_hendrix

We can't do it yet again on 17:54 - Sep 17 by kropotkin41

Yes, we should give him time. If we accept that we were never going to challenge for promotion this season then we should give him time....... but, tell me, why are we losing and not even looking like we're trying to play the style (any style) he said he wanted to play? Why does this all feel so familiar, even though we seem to have not a bad squad (bigger than Huddersfield's and more expensive)? To coin a phrase, what is going on? We need to know.

But, yes, we should keep him and let him learn........ maybe bring in McClaren and change the way we play........ a great deal. All of which I write accepting that the most relevant question is wtf do I know?

We cant be a training facility for football Managers, I'm not knocking your post but that's just how I see it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We can't do it yet again on 18:03 - Sep 17 with 3676 viewsBklynRanger

No idea at all, Krop. I don't know what the problem is. About 6 weeks ago we were all lolling around in the sun while we took Leeds to the cleaners. I don't know if he's been found out tactically by more experienced managers, if he's trying to do something that may click any day now, if he's lost the players completely. No idea. All I'm saying is we'd be better off working with him and figuring it out than letting some media-supported wave of mutilation overtake us.
We can't do it yet again on 18:11 - Sep 17 with 3605 viewsBklynRanger

We can't do it yet again on 18:03 - Sep 17 by ted_hendrix

We cant be a training facility for football Managers, I'm not knocking your post but that's just how I see it.

But it's the 17th of flamin' September Ted!
We can't do it yet again on 18:14 - Sep 17 with 3586 viewsrsonist

I want JFH to become the man for the job, I really do, but where are the signs that justify investing the patience? It's all evaporating before our eyes. I don't believe in wholesale changes every week either but he's banging the same dumb head against the same wall every week. This isn't a terrible squad - there's something to work with there. "We go again" isn't good enough.

It sounds ridiculous but I honestly suspect another coach could have them playing better within a couple of games.

Two weeks, three good games, and all this could look like lunacy. I'm sincerely hoping it does.
We can't do it yet again on 18:18 - Sep 17 with 3556 viewsted_hendrix

We can't do it yet again on 18:11 - Sep 17 by BklynRanger

But it's the 17th of flamin' September Ted!

I'm all for keeping the bloke mate, to coin a phrase we must as a club get some stability.

I just wish we would put in a performance win or lose that gave us some hope, that doesn't seem to be happening, and when you read 'just backs' from posters who obviously know their stuff that are quite damming It gets a bit worrying.

I'll see for meself how it goes Wednesday night

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We can't do it yet again on 18:19 - Sep 17 with 3549 views2Thomas2Bowles

Yes get rid
We are gutless Newcastle who bent us over and Fecked us silly without any resistance lost 2-0 at home to fecking Wolves today.

They maybe a good side but we made them look like world class as today result shows .

Looks very much like he has lost the dressing room and in that case, more time won't change anything.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

We can't do it yet again on 18:27 - Sep 17 with 3483 viewsflynnbo

It's just not enjoyable anymore. I'm not the only one who is having second thoughts about going to home games and I've had a season ticket for around 20 years now and started going in 1967. We used to be an entertaining side but now we're a dull side and on a downwards spiral.
Login to get fewer ads

We can't do it yet again on 18:29 - Sep 17 with 3467 viewskarl

Just to add for conversation.
Listening to the commentary Nov77 put up the link for, which was Huddersfield based, they noted that McClaren was in the crowd and left about 85mins.
They were 'laughing' that he would be circling the under pressure manager, but had forgot that he had done coaching at the club and only vaguely remembered he was with Redknapp.
I'm looking forward to seeing for myself on Wednesday too, and hopefully the players get a lift with it being a cup tie as well as JFH jigging things a bit
We can't do it yet again on 18:31 - Sep 17 with 3445 viewsRuislipHoop

Why do u think JFH will change things,he has been at the club 9 months and nothing has changed yet.
We can't do it yet again on 18:33 - Sep 17 with 3436 viewsRangersw12

We can't do it yet again on 18:27 - Sep 17 by flynnbo

It's just not enjoyable anymore. I'm not the only one who is having second thoughts about going to home games and I've had a season ticket for around 20 years now and started going in 1967. We used to be an entertaining side but now we're a dull side and on a downwards spiral.

Tell me what seasons have been enjoyable in the last 20 years ?

About 2/3 max I reckon
We can't do it yet again on 18:40 - Sep 17 with 3366 viewsToast_R

We can't do it yet again on 18:27 - Sep 17 by flynnbo

I actually predicted before the season started that I think we'll struggle this season and would be in a scrap at the bottom. The club are going the exact same route it did back in 1997/98 - after a mid table finish returning to the second tier and a new manager installed half way through - the following season it's a case of all the gear and no idea.
We can't do it yet again on 18:42 - Sep 17 with 3350 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Until such time as JFH realises:

1. We are not equipped for this 4231
2. Ned is not a right back nor captain material
3. It's ok to try and win a game, especially at home!
4. Porter's best position is off the bench
5. Hoofing aimlessly upfield is not a tactic, but a dereliction of duty
6. Henry next.....
7. What's with this high pressing/intensity game - not working
8. Sandro divided opinion, but we won't offload him in the u21s, but he can play at times and see item 6
9. I know Doughty is slowish and some think he's found his level, but he can pass and see item 6

I think hoofing JFH is dangerous given our penchant for hoofing over the last 40 years, but he's got to start getting this squad better set up and something is drastically wrong with our motivation. We don't talk and Tuesday they were more strangers than Rangers. He's never been in this situation before and several players need to front-up as well.

10. A lot of people earning good coin at QPR need to start delivering for it, because from what I'm seeing, we're slowly descending back to mercenaries and money takers.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

We can't do it yet again on 18:46 - Sep 17 with 3324 viewsstowmarketrange

We can't do it yet again on 18:19 - Sep 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yes get rid
We are gutless Newcastle who bent us over and Fecked us silly without any resistance lost 2-0 at home to fecking Wolves today.

They maybe a good side but we made them look like world class as today result shows .

Looks very much like he has lost the dressing room and in that case, more time won't change anything.

Maybe it is easy for some teams to play their better football away from home?We have won more away than at home this season,and apart from a last minute loss at Barnsley,we would have only lost 1 away game?But we have looked clueless at times at Loftus Road so far,apart from the Leeds game.
I wasn't there today,but I was on Tuesday and we had a couple of vital players missing that might have made a difference,and possibly kept the score down a bit.
Wolves were crap at home on Tuesday,but won away today.
We can't do it yet again on 18:48 - Sep 17 with 3309 viewsRuislipHoop

We can't do it yet again on 18:42 - Sep 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Until such time as JFH realises:

1. We are not equipped for this 4231
2. Ned is not a right back nor captain material
3. It's ok to try and win a game, especially at home!
4. Porter's best position is off the bench
5. Hoofing aimlessly upfield is not a tactic, but a dereliction of duty
6. Henry next.....
7. What's with this high pressing/intensity game - not working
8. Sandro divided opinion, but we won't offload him in the u21s, but he can play at times and see item 6
9. I know Doughty is slowish and some think he's found his level, but he can pass and see item 6

I think hoofing JFH is dangerous given our penchant for hoofing over the last 40 years, but he's got to start getting this squad better set up and something is drastically wrong with our motivation. We don't talk and Tuesday they were more strangers than Rangers. He's never been in this situation before and several players need to front-up as well.

10. A lot of people earning good coin at QPR need to start delivering for it, because from what I'm seeing, we're slowly descending back to mercenaries and money takers.

Agree👍
We can't do it yet again on 18:55 - Sep 17 with 3259 viewsloftboy

Get a manager in on the promise that he will play entertaining football, if we lose and had a go then so be it but playing negative crap and still getting turned over is a joke.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

We can't do it yet again on 19:07 - Sep 17 with 3188 viewsClive_Anderson

We're in the twilight zone of when the manager hasn't been given long enough to be sacked, but he doesn't seem to be very good. I hate that bit.
We can't do it yet again on 19:10 - Sep 17 with 3168 viewsDeepcutHoop

We can't do it yet again on 18:55 - Sep 17 by loftboy

Get a manager in on the promise that he will play entertaining football, if we lose and had a go then so be it but playing negative crap and still getting turned over is a joke.

Last time we played open attacking football we conceded a few goals and booed the hell out of the manager for it. Until he changed it to be tighter at the back, and we booed him even more until he was sacked.

We need a manager to come in and win more often than not, playing attractively while not conceding goals. He'll need to start doing it immediately with the low confidence players we have at the moment too.

Piece of piss tbh, we're historically really good at that.
We can't do it yet again on 19:14 - Sep 17 with 3142 viewsRuislipHoop

We can't do it yet again on 19:10 - Sep 17 by DeepcutHoop

Last time we played open attacking football we conceded a few goals and booed the hell out of the manager for it. Until he changed it to be tighter at the back, and we booed him even more until he was sacked.

We need a manager to come in and win more often than not, playing attractively while not conceding goals. He'll need to start doing it immediately with the low confidence players we have at the moment too.

Piece of piss tbh, we're historically really good at that.

What,sacking the manager.
We can't do it yet again on 19:17 - Sep 17 with 3111 viewskropotkin41

I don't want to watch the interview......... what did JFH have to say for himself?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

We can't do it yet again on 19:22 - Sep 17 with 3083 viewsCHUBBS

He'll probably be sacked in the next few weeks if the current poor performances continue.
He isn't a good manager yet,that takes time to develop however our owners have invested stupid amounts of money with no real return so unless he turns it around sharpish he'll be gone because they definitely won't entertain league1.
He needs to start playing to the teams strengths rather than hanging on to this utopian style that clearly doesn't suit us.
We can't do it yet again on 19:28 - Sep 17 with 3046 viewsWestonsuperR

Too early to sack him but the performances have been really worrying, also seems tactiaclly inept and unable to really motivate the team, expected much more of a reaction to the Newcastle game today.

I was never keen on the decision to appoint JFH, felt it needed a Manager with vast experience to take control whereas JFH had inherited a good Burton side and just kept them doing what they were doing already. Hope I am wrong and to reiterate it is to early to consider pulling the trigger.
We can't do it yet again on 19:30 - Sep 17 with 3029 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just read a stat that JFH's record is worse than CR!!

Some records, some doing!

Tempted to suggest the root of the problem is and has been for the last eight or nine years, above the manager...ahh, that ol' chestnut.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

We can't do it yet again on 19:37 - Sep 17 with 2988 viewsbosh67

Football is an entertainment industry.

JFH keeps talking about this attractive attacking style of football he wants to play. With the possible exception of the Leeds game, where is it?

Ramsey had no idea how to set up a team to play attractive football. JFH seems to be slipping awkwardly into the Ramsey style of football, but in a suit.

It's all the emperors new clothes. He's not wearing anything people. When is this obviousness going to land with some people.

To be honest Les should get hold of Jimmy and say, get the team organised, get three players in that team to lead the defence, midfield and forward line by talking and shouting. Play 4-4-2. Defend as a unit but get up the field quick, use some width and for God sake, attack more than defend. Do that we may be okay, Don't and the Uber cab is on standby.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We can't do it yet again on 19:37 - Sep 17 with 2984 viewsessextaxiboy

We can't do it yet again on 18:33 - Sep 17 by Rangersw12

Tell me what seasons have been enjoyable in the last 20 years ?

About 2/3 max I reckon

Thats the type of team that you (and I ) i support .

Its not easy . snakes and ladders , its what makes it different and interesting IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024