Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? 08:57 - Sep 18 with 16878 viewsNortholt_Rs

I say yes.... I've seen no improvement in the team under these two in fact we're going backwards. The most alarming signs are our all too obvious lack of any goal threat and the awful drossball being served up each and every game. Something has to give...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:15 - Sep 18 with 1770 viewsHendonHoop

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:10 - Sep 18 by PunteR

We needed a DoF with Fernandes in charge. Look at the way our club was going before we had a DoF. We basically had agents running the show with dodgy managers. We spent way more than we should on players that just came for the money and nothing else.
We needed someone who knew the club inside and out, its history,its fans ,what it means to put on the blue and white hooped shirt , to take hold of the situation that had developed over the last few years and basically stop the rot.
Les Ferdinand is inexperienced as a DoF, this is his first job after all but he has all the right qualifications (including those mentioned above) to do it.
PlanetHonneywood's observation about how someone with no experience as a DoF managed to get the job was valid at the time of appointment but Imo Sir Les has actually done a good job so far.
The first thing Ferdinand did when he got the job was stopping Redknapp spending more money. I could see where he was coming from when appointing Ramsey full time as head coach(not manager). In my opinion the club needed a bit of breathing space between the high profile manager/players era and a new era of developing our own young players and spending within our means and I thought Ramsey was perfect at the time to bridge that gap. I would have given him longer but the remit changed( Fernandes)from consolidation to a promotion push. Plus I think pressure from fans and also players still at the club meant Ramsey had an impossible job. None of that was Ferdinands fault. The appointment of Warnock to help Ramsey didn't help either Ramsey or Ferdinand's cause and just muddied the water.
Questions were asked how Ramsey managed to get the job in the first place and this opinion of 'jobs for the boys' developed. But isn't that how it mostly works in football anyway?. You bring in people you know and trust. But fact is the appointment of JFH disproves that opinion because the club went through a lengthy interview process (as fans wanted) and chose a new, young manager that had success so far. A former player that seemed to want to develop his career in the right way by going through the leagues and gaining experience that way. Someone that had new ideas,a philosophy of hard work and professionalism.
Where did Ferdinand go wrong? He's done everything the fans wanted pretty much. He's tried to juggle the expectations of the chairmen and the fans. He's helped get the club back to where we all wanted it to be bar the performance on the pitch(not his job). The new badge,the kit, high earners gone,brought in good young players on decent wages who want to play here.
Yes he has got things wrong(letting Hill and Faurlin go) but I do think he has the best interest of the club at heart. We cant keep tearing up plans and going back to the drawing board everytime we lose a football match. This club is finding its feet again and while we have the Malaysian owners we need someone that can bring a bit of perspective here.
We are a mid table championship club with high aspirations. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fair enough. Fair comment.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:18 - Sep 18 with 1767 viewsPunteR

Ha, just read BAWhoops post. I wish I read that before my long winded post. I think everyone will know where I'm coming from then. Basically,what he said. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:34 - Sep 18 with 1743 viewsdaveB

I think Ferdinand is doing a very good job. Things not working out on the pitch in the last few games but I think the changes he has made will benefit the club for years to come.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:46 - Sep 18 with 1726 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:02 - Sep 18 by rsonist

I shared your concerns about Les' qualifications but he's been in the job a year and a half now and you seem to be ignoring the work he's done in that time. Save the "issues cascade from the top down" flannel and be specific.

Mike Rigg had all the bells and whistles you're after by the way.

I could probably belt out scores of characters who had credentials and who were gash, but as seems to be agreed, our issues cascade down from the last few owners.

I make no apologies for the fact that for me, the jury is still out on SLF as DoF. He's certainly identified the issues but hey, I've not heard him say anything that the majority of us didn't know or couldn't see for ourselves. Two years into his return to us, a job promotion of sorts, and there maybe lots of things he's done behind the scenes or initiatives commenced the fruit of which will bare fruit in due course that I'm not aware of, but from where I'm sat, it's not been pretty for a while now.

I believe it takes 3 years to get a team set up from scratch and that JFH may need another pre-season, but for me, it still goes back to whether appointing a relative novice was wise. I guess we'll see in due course.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:52 - Sep 18 with 1712 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:46 - Sep 18 by PlanetHonneywood

I could probably belt out scores of characters who had credentials and who were gash, but as seems to be agreed, our issues cascade down from the last few owners.

I make no apologies for the fact that for me, the jury is still out on SLF as DoF. He's certainly identified the issues but hey, I've not heard him say anything that the majority of us didn't know or couldn't see for ourselves. Two years into his return to us, a job promotion of sorts, and there maybe lots of things he's done behind the scenes or initiatives commenced the fruit of which will bare fruit in due course that I'm not aware of, but from where I'm sat, it's not been pretty for a while now.

I believe it takes 3 years to get a team set up from scratch and that JFH may need another pre-season, but for me, it still goes back to whether appointing a relative novice was wise. I guess we'll see in due course.

If Ferdinand wasn't a novice and was successful he wouldn't come to us anyway.

I think we need to accept we're only going be be signing novices and risks for a long while.

That said, saving our club from severe FFP sanctions, the likes of Redknapp, and actually turning a profit in the transfer market is what i'd call a success anyway.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 15:59]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:58 - Sep 18 with 1705 viewsBurnleyhoop

Les is QPR through and through and is doing a cracking job.

We are woeful at the moment, but I'm hoping as the new boys find their feet and adjust to the tempo and aggression of this league we will improve. Replacing Henry with Borysuik is absolutely key for me. It might get worse before it gets better, so bite your lips and get a grip.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 16:03 - Sep 18 with 1694 viewsLadbrokeR

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:58 - Sep 18 by Burnleyhoop

Les is QPR through and through and is doing a cracking job.

We are woeful at the moment, but I'm hoping as the new boys find their feet and adjust to the tempo and aggression of this league we will improve. Replacing Henry with Borysuik is absolutely key for me. It might get worse before it gets better, so bite your lips and get a grip.

Tottenham les is Rangers no it can't be so
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 16:29 - Sep 18 with 1660 viewsNortholt_Rs

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 16:03 - Sep 18 by LadbrokeR

Tottenham les is Rangers no it can't be so

Oh no he isn't:

"My cousin was a Liverpool supporter and we were like brothers at the time but I said, ‘I’m not supporting someone outside London’,” explains Ferdinand almost as soon as we start speaking. “I was born in Ladbroke Grove, so Queens Park Rangers was my closest ground, but when you’re a kid you’re caught by the glamour of a club and at that time Tottenham were the glamour club in London. I said, ‘Right, I’m a Spurs supporter’, and it stuck. I was more or less a Spurs fan on my own because, as I went to school in the Shepherds Bush area, all of my school friends supported QPR or Chelsea.”

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 16:43 - Sep 18 with 1639 viewsWatford_Ranger

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 13:40 - Sep 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is what he does all day. Straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/172253/les-ferdina

Thanks. My question was a genuine one and if that's his remit then it suggests he's doing an ok job, though I'm not sure what he achieves that a good chief scout wouldn't. Would he have got the role if he wasn't ex-QPR? Probably not, but doesn't matter.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:12 - Sep 18 with 1596 views2Thomas2Bowles

LF don't want an experienced manager coming in and undermining him. So yes if JFH goes then so does LF.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:25 - Sep 18 with 1570 viewsrsonist

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:12 - Sep 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

LF don't want an experienced manager coming in and undermining him. So yes if JFH goes then so does LF.

If you mean a short-term chancer free to spend us into the ground then yes, LF don't want an experienced manager coming in and undermining him.

Otherwise I don't know where you get off suggesting Les is on some sort of vanity power trip. Do you understand what his job is at all?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 17:28]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:31 - Sep 18 with 1554 views2Thomas2Bowles

No I mean LF wants to hang on to his job, that would be threatened as we saw with NW and why LF wanted him gone.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:36 - Sep 18 with 1547 viewsrsonist

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:31 - Sep 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

No I mean LF wants to hang on to his job, that would be threatened as we saw with NW and why LF wanted him gone.

That's like saying a doctor or fireman only saves lives because he wants to hang on to his job. Maybe he just wants to do it properly? If you choose to see it solely in terms of hanging on to a cushy number there's no discussion to be had.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:42 - Sep 18 with 1533 viewsDannytheR

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:36 - Sep 18 by rsonist

That's like saying a doctor or fireman only saves lives because he wants to hang on to his job. Maybe he just wants to do it properly? If you choose to see it solely in terms of hanging on to a cushy number there's no discussion to be had.

Bleak way of looking at the world, isn't it?

Still, I'm sure once Fernandes panics that the fans might have to be bought off again, he'll send LF packing and Sheffield Neil can ride back into town with the next batch of Bartons and Wright-Phillipses. Maybe he'll even want to re-sign El Hadji Diouf.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 17:46]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:43 - Sep 18 with 1529 views2Thomas2Bowles

He is not different then anyone else in football, looking after himself first and foremost.
He is selling you a pup.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:45 - Sep 18 with 1520 viewsrsonist

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:43 - Sep 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He is not different then anyone else in football, looking after himself first and foremost.
He is selling you a pup.

So Evil Les is a parasite who only overhauls the squad on a budget and gets a particular type of manager in to fit the new framework because he wants to keep suckling at the teat.

And let me guess, Uncle Neil on the other hand only signed Joey Barton on 50k a week for four years out of the goodness of his heart bless him.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:47 - Sep 18 with 1512 viewsPunteR

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:43 - Sep 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He is selling you a pup.

So what have you done to help the club?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:51 - Sep 18 with 1498 views2Thomas2Bowles

Never said he was evil, you really are over dramatising and taken in so easy.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:53 - Sep 18 with 1475 views2Thomas2Bowles

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:47 - Sep 18 by PunteR

So what have you done to help the club?

Did not sell you 2 puppy farm dogs LOL

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:55 - Sep 18 with 1468 viewsrsonist

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:51 - Sep 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Never said he was evil, you really are over dramatising and taken in so easy.

Taken in? Are you backtracking into saying its all a wind-up now.

Even if we accept your sociopathic view that everyone working in football is just lining their pockets then oh I dunno, how about we go for the one that gets rich doing positive work building the club for the future?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 17:56]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:57 - Sep 18 with 1460 views2Thomas2Bowles

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:55 - Sep 18 by rsonist

Taken in? Are you backtracking into saying its all a wind-up now.

Even if we accept your sociopathic view that everyone working in football is just lining their pockets then oh I dunno, how about we go for the one that gets rich doing positive work building the club for the future?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 17:56]

Taken in by LF
Not winding you up at all, just how I see it and many others have or are starting too.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 17:59]

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 17:59 - Sep 18 with 1445 viewsCHUBBS

I couldn't care less if Les supports Spurs as back in the 90s he gave our fans some amazing days that will never be forgotten.
Whether he's a good dof or not will be revealed in the next couple of years but if it does go wrong,he's got so much credit in the bank with me that i'll always love the fella regardless.
He's a good man who's trying to turn round a dire situation that was not of his making so he's got my full support.
JFH on the other hand will get another month from me,he's still an unknown quantity as a manager and if things continue along the same lines then i'll reluctantly want to see a replacement.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 18:14 - Sep 18 with 1415 viewsJogo

If Les hadn't played for QPR...would he have been appointed DOF...I'm guessing not, because he's not qualified to do that job. Here endeth the lesson.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 18:23 - Sep 18 with 1385 viewsQPR_Jim

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 18:14 - Sep 18 by Jogo

If Les hadn't played for QPR...would he have been appointed DOF...I'm guessing not, because he's not qualified to do that job. Here endeth the lesson.

By that logic we probably wouldn't have gone for Gerry Francis or even Ian Holloway either but they did and it worked.

This is laughable comment though, when we had people like Hughes at the club the majority of fans were complaining that the staff didn't have any affinity with the club. Now that's the wrong choice we need more like Mike Rigg. FFS
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 18:26 - Sep 18 with 1377 viewsDannytheR

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 18:14 - Sep 18 by Jogo

And yet he turns out to be the most positive presence at the top of the club since Bill Power.

Funny old world.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 18:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024