Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grenfell match. 21:22 - Jul 27 with 2450 viewsconnell10

Well done to the club and everyone concerned. I think i may well attend, anyone else going?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Grenfell match. on 21:47 - Jul 27 with 2400 viewsconnell10

So anyone else think this is a great gesture from the club?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Grenfell match. on 21:55 - Jul 27 with 2378 viewsbob566

I said on the Stan thread that the club should purchase the spare tickets and give them to the grenfell victims. Stan wins and the club do a good thing
Grenfell match. on 22:13 - Jul 27 with 2323 viewsbosh67

Grenfell match. on 21:55 - Jul 27 by bob566

I said on the Stan thread that the club should purchase the spare tickets and give them to the grenfell victims. Stan wins and the club do a good thing

Great idea

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Grenfell match. on 23:09 - Jul 27 with 2204 viewsPunteR

Fantastic effort by the club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grenfell match. on 23:29 - Jul 27 with 2180 viewsisawqpratwcity

Brilliant.

Auction off signed worn shirts, too.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Grenfell match. on 00:09 - Jul 28 with 2125 viewsNortholt_Rs

Agreed this is a great gesture by the cub. Well done to all involved. My lot will def be attending.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Grenfell match. on 01:24 - Jul 28 with 2079 viewssmegma

Not according to a group of bellends on FB who are coating the club saying 'we can suddenly organise a charity match at short notice yet took ages to organise Stans game'
Grenfell match. on 01:34 - Jul 28 with 2071 viewsHadders

Grenfell match. on 01:24 - Jul 28 by smegma

Not according to a group of bellends on FB who are coating the club saying 'we can suddenly organise a charity match at short notice yet took ages to organise Stans game'

Can't we do something about some of the divs who support our club? They're embarassing.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 1:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Grenfell match. on 08:44 - Jul 28 with 1857 viewsDorse

They're just pissed because their mums switched off Octonauts and their w ank socks are in the wash.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Grenfell match. on 08:45 - Jul 28 with 1857 viewssimmo

Same on Twitter, wish they'd have a fckin day off.

Great work by the club and Sir Les specifically who I am sure had a big part in this. Hopefully it's a good day that raises much needed funds.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Grenfell match. on 09:19 - Jul 28 with 1786 viewsNorthernr

Social media does just seem to bring out the worst in people.

There are a couple of QPR accounts on Twitter that I swear have got so entrenched in their view that everything at QPR is wrong they've actually twisted themselves all the way round to hating the club they're meant to support. We're all critical at times, but when it's just constant, incessant, increasingly aggressive criticism, doesn't it rather take the enjoyment out of going to the game at the weekend? Or do they get some sort of pleasure out of being able to say 'I told you so' when we lose?

This is a selection (there was loads more) from one Twitter account from just July 23 and 24....

Can't help thinking Reading are going to give us a good, old shafting.

We are going to get 12 solid inches right up the Harris mate.

3-0 to the Royals is my prediction

Why didn't we simply stay in this country. Must be more expensive travelling abroad

@tonyfernandes more confirmation how poor that defence is. Expect this every week till it's addressed. Also expect relegation

Shows two things.
1. How weak the squad is
2. How shite the defence is period.
Unless we make 3-4 signings ASAP relegation is a CERT

The board are a total shambles I'm afraid. Not fit to run a football club.

I expect I to be competitive. I also expect to employ people who know how to run a football club and who want to play for the club.

We will have less money if we don't get 2-3 defenders in and a goal scorer as we will be in league one. So I suggest our scouts get going

Many fans are sticking their rose tinted heads in the sand.

That's the scouts job. To find bargains. WTF does Penrice do for his money ???
Sweet FA in my book.

We better prepare for league one then cos that's where we are heading.

Shouldn't we be spending our very limited budget on a position that we really need ? - DEFENCE

Just reality mate. Bottom 3 IS that reality under this current squad.

The club new that was a done deal and should have had someone lined up. Slow out of the blocks as always

That defence and attack won't become better in 3 months I'm afraid.

We will concede with 20 mins.

As sure as day follows night. ANY FOOLS STILL THINK WE WILL BE OK WITH THAT SHIT DEFENCE?

Reading will smash us 3-4. Be prepared for PAIN and plenty of it.

Nothing has changed. NOTHING !!!
Time for the dreamers who think otherwise to wake up.

Pends what people mean by struggle !!! Relegation is the word I will be expecting with that defence

Your saying struggle Gareth. That could mean finishing 20th. I'm saying RELEGATION

NAILED IT today. Said we would concede before 20th min. Was right again I'm sorry to say.

Not a chance with this squad mate. It won't be pretty on the 5th I'm afraid.

Didn't we lose again ??? Even you must be able to see that we urgently need recruits to that defence !!!

A fortress. With that shite defence???
What drugs you on pal ?

Never this bad. Never seen any owner blow this much money ( relative) or created such a BUTLINS atmosphere. Total jokers this shower.

I refuse to attend LR under this shower.
I will return once they go
That's the strength of my feelings.
I'm a man of action.

It's not about winning it's about all concerned giving 100% on and off the pitch. Doesn't seem to happen at Qpr #Butlins
Grenfell match. on 09:21 - Jul 28 with 1779 viewsPlanetHonneywood

God help us if we lose the game then!

They'll likely form a lynch mob, all fired up with heinous intentions. It could be a game too far for Ollie I tells ye.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Grenfell match. on 09:27 - Jul 28 with 1763 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I saw that and thought how absolutely pathetic it looked
Grenfell match. on 09:52 - Jul 28 with 1707 viewsDWQPR

Great gesture by the club. I went up to Notting Hill the other week to give a donation to the Rugby Portobello Trust which has been a real hub in terms of the relief effort and helping those families affected. I spoke with one of the employees their, Steve, who despite wearing a Chel*** shirt in what was a traditionally ardent Rangers area and that day, a Saturday a number of children were just leaving a reading class, he told me that the class lost three children in the disaster. He also told me some of the more harrowing stories and acts of sheer bravery that occurred that night. It was a very humbling moment for me.

The RPT does some great work around the area, initially was the Rugby Club, set up by Rugby School before the war for children in poor areas. My Dad played football and cricket for the club for many years and spoke most fondly of his times there as many of his friends did who I met over the years. It just shows that the people may change in an area but the spirit survives, a kind of blitz spirit. Anyone wanting to know more about the RPT or make a donation here is the link.

http://www.rugbyportobello.org.uk

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Grenfell match. on 10:00 - Jul 28 with 1688 viewsPhildo

Even better news is that Barton had offered to play in the game but is not allowed because of his ban.
Grenfell match. on 10:04 - Jul 28 with 1676 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Grenfell match. on 10:00 - Jul 28 by Phildo

Even better news is that Barton had offered to play in the game but is not allowed because of his ban.

That's the last thing those poor people need, that grubby so-and-so rolling up to tell them that his lot is harder and more unjust than theirs!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Grenfell match. on 16:15 - Jul 28 with 1506 viewssmegma

Grenfell match. on 09:52 - Jul 28 by DWQPR

Great gesture by the club. I went up to Notting Hill the other week to give a donation to the Rugby Portobello Trust which has been a real hub in terms of the relief effort and helping those families affected. I spoke with one of the employees their, Steve, who despite wearing a Chel*** shirt in what was a traditionally ardent Rangers area and that day, a Saturday a number of children were just leaving a reading class, he told me that the class lost three children in the disaster. He also told me some of the more harrowing stories and acts of sheer bravery that occurred that night. It was a very humbling moment for me.

The RPT does some great work around the area, initially was the Rugby Club, set up by Rugby School before the war for children in poor areas. My Dad played football and cricket for the club for many years and spoke most fondly of his times there as many of his friends did who I met over the years. It just shows that the people may change in an area but the spirit survives, a kind of blitz spirit. Anyone wanting to know more about the RPT or make a donation here is the link.

http://www.rugbyportobello.org.uk

'the Rugby Club, set up by Rugby School before the war'.....was actually set up in the 1880s. When the area of Notting Dale was being constructed in the 19th century, places like the Rugby Club and Harrow Boys Club were built for local children to go to in the day where they could get some hot food and play various sports .Alongside these was the creation of St Francis Of Assissi RC Church & Schoolfor the local Irish population who had migrated to the area for work in building the houses. Over the years the Rugby Club taught the Mancini family to box and a young Dennis Wise honed his football skills in the Friday night 5 a side league. Alan Mullery was a member as a kid having lived literally around the corner. My father played football for them as well and even in his 50s would meet old school friends once a week to play snooker. I lived opposite in Foreland House from 1964-69. It doesn't surprise me its at the forefront of the relief effort.
Grenfell match. on 16:34 - Jul 28 with 1472 viewsSnipper

The #GAME4GRENFELL logo on the kit looks a million times better than that awful Royal Panda shite.
Grenfell match. on 16:50 - Jul 28 with 1433 viewsDWQPR

Grenfell match. on 16:15 - Jul 28 by smegma

'the Rugby Club, set up by Rugby School before the war'.....was actually set up in the 1880s. When the area of Notting Dale was being constructed in the 19th century, places like the Rugby Club and Harrow Boys Club were built for local children to go to in the day where they could get some hot food and play various sports .Alongside these was the creation of St Francis Of Assissi RC Church & Schoolfor the local Irish population who had migrated to the area for work in building the houses. Over the years the Rugby Club taught the Mancini family to box and a young Dennis Wise honed his football skills in the Friday night 5 a side league. Alan Mullery was a member as a kid having lived literally around the corner. My father played football for them as well and even in his 50s would meet old school friends once a week to play snooker. I lived opposite in Foreland House from 1964-69. It doesn't surprise me its at the forefront of the relief effort.

Smegma, my Dad's family used to live opposite the Mullery's in Mary Place. Lived in Crosfield House. When playing cricket for the club Dad used to open with Johnny Murray who went on to keep wicket for Middlesex and England. Terry Downes honed his boxing skills there prior to becoming a world champion. Jimmy Bloomfield who Dad also played football with went on to play over 200 games for Arsenal.

Myself, although never a member, I did spend a couple of summer holidays down at camp in Romney Marsh, very happy memories. The club still runs football teams, playing in the Regents Park League and have a few players associated with professional clubs. They also have a tie up with the QPR Community Trust.

Grenfell match. on 16:59 - Jul 28 with 1414 viewssmegma

Grenfell match. on 16:50 - Jul 28 by DWQPR

Smegma, my Dad's family used to live opposite the Mullery's in Mary Place. Lived in Crosfield House. When playing cricket for the club Dad used to open with Johnny Murray who went on to keep wicket for Middlesex and England. Terry Downes honed his boxing skills there prior to becoming a world champion. Jimmy Bloomfield who Dad also played football with went on to play over 200 games for Arsenal.

Myself, although never a member, I did spend a couple of summer holidays down at camp in Romney Marsh, very happy memories. The club still runs football teams, playing in the Regents Park League and have a few players associated with professional clubs. They also have a tie up with the QPR Community Trust.

Jimmy Bloomfield was my dads best mate. They both had trials for Leicester City. My dad succeeded , Jimmy failed !!!! When did you live in Crosfield??
Grenfell match. on 19:29 - Jul 28 with 1302 viewstraininvain

Grenfell match. on 10:00 - Jul 28 by Phildo

And tried to make it all about him in the process. What a complete bell end.
Grenfell match. on 02:06 - Jul 29 with 1160 viewsDWQPR

Grenfell match. on 16:59 - Jul 28 by smegma

Jimmy Bloomfield was my dads best mate. They both had trials for Leicester City. My dad succeeded , Jimmy failed !!!! When did you live in Crosfield??

Dad lived in Crosfield with his family until he got married in 1956. Lived at no. 23, first floor, right hand corner as you look at the block, overlooking Avondale Park or 'the rec' as it was known then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024