Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After 44 years 20:14 - Aug 22 with 7408 viewssmegma

I'm witnessing our worse back 4 ever.
After 44 years on 20:21 - Aug 22 with 4417 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Isn't there five of them?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

After 44 years on 20:27 - Aug 22 with 4362 viewsStanisgod

After 44 years on 20:21 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

What happened to Manning and can we have him back please? Could be my earliest exit in 50 years , and Ive seen some shite believe me.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

After 44 years on 20:34 - Aug 22 with 4333 viewsDejR_vu

After 44 years on 20:27 - Aug 22 by Stanisgod

What happened to Manning and can we have him back please? Could be my earliest exit in 50 years , and Ive seen some shite believe me.

Everyone was getting way too excited about Manning. He had a promising start, no more. He's still had a promising start, no more.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

After 44 years on 20:38 - Aug 22 with 4296 viewsRs_Holy

We look ok when we're in and around their box Everything else is a total car crash. We need to sub the whole defence!
After 44 years on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 4272 viewsdanehoop

anybody who complains about Onuoha from this point on should be beaten with sticks and reminded of just how less strong we appear to be without him.

Never knowingly understood

After 44 years on 20:57 - Aug 22 with 4187 viewssmegma

After 44 years on 20:21 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

No.
After 44 years on 21:10 - Aug 22 with 4124 viewsBrianMcCarthy

After 44 years on 20:57 - Aug 22 by smegma

No.

Thanks man.

Hard to figure out from comms whether we're playing 3,4 or 5 at the back.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

After 44 years on 22:10 - Aug 22 with 3814 viewseasthertsr

After 44 years on 21:10 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks man.

From the sound of it by me it's none at the back!
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:19 - Aug 22 with 3760 viewswelwynranger

Thanks man.

After 44 years on 22:20 - Aug 22 with 3741 viewssmegma

Thanks man.

Back 4 with Ariel just in front of them. Midfield trio and two up front.
After 44 years on 22:21 - Aug 22 with 3728 viewswelwynranger

Thanks man.

It's not 3, 4 or 5. It's 6s and 7s.
After 44 years on 22:31 - Aug 22 with 3664 viewsWatford_Ranger

That was a midfield one with Manning and Chair somewhere vaguely close to W12 but not really, Wzolek on both wings and Yeni given the tough task of never being anywhere near the ball and occasionally flapping his arms
After 44 years on 22:48 - Aug 22 with 3565 viewsdaveB

defence had no hope wth that lack of help in front of them. Diabolical first half performance though with both centre halves making some awful decsions
After 44 years on 22:53 - Aug 22 with 3523 viewsthemodfather

caulker was crap...baptiste as bad.....
don't forget we have had gus caesar, bob malcolm and edghill in teams and bosingwa!!
we missed big chances to get a 2nd and into back into the game...this was a mess
After 44 years on 23:09 - Aug 22 with 3449 viewssexton

I thought Baptiste improved as the game wore on. In fact our central defence looked at its strongest when Caulker was hauled off and Baptiste played there on his own.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 23:29]
After 44 years on 23:13 - Aug 22 with 3419 viewsRs_Holy

After 44 years on 23:09 - Aug 22 by sexton

I thought Baptiste improved as the game wore on. In fact our central defence looked at its strongest when Caulker was hauled off and Baptiste played there on his own.

Agree! The little brentfart winger was getting behind him at every opportunity early doors. He got a grip in the 2nd and was timing his challenges better.
After 44 years on 23:15 - Aug 22 with 3403 viewsdachiltern

Anyone see a goalkeeper tonight!

Stood still for the 2nd and didn't move an inch for the 3rd (nice strike though it was but no reaction at all)
After 44 years on 23:29 - Aug 22 with 3352 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

After 44 years on 23:09 - Aug 22 by sexton

There were times when I thought Caulker didn't realise there was an opposition today. Who might try to tackle him! Baptiste looked a bit shaky but ok on the whole. We were completely overrun down the left in the first half hour.

It's hard to criticise the midfield because it wasn't really there most of the time.

Terrible competition. Glad we're out of it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

After 44 years on 23:44 - Aug 22 with 3279 viewsBromleyHoop

It was beyond chaotic between the 10th and 30th minute and not too much better after that but to be honest, with the amount of changes and a completely new and untried back four who all lacked match fitness and one whose confidence is as fragile as they come, I didn't really expect any different and as a result I'm also not that bothered by it. That back four will probably never ever play with each other again.

What I didn't like was that Baptiste continually played the ball to Caulker to be the one to punt it upfield. However almost every time Baptiste passed to him it was almost always an unnecessary pass that put Caulker under pressure because he didn't have much time to play the ball. Baptiste didn't protect Caulker at all. Not a captains performance or one from an experienced pro.

Baptiste was in turn repeatedly left exposed by Robinson. Furlong wasn't great. The whole defence got no protection from Borysiuk at all. Defensively it was a clusterfeck.

Between our goal and their 4th I really enjoyed the game.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 23:56]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

After 44 years on 23:52 - Aug 22 with 3245 viewsDejR_vu

After 44 years on 23:15 - Aug 22 by dachiltern

Anyone see a goalkeeper tonight!

Stood still for the 2nd and didn't move an inch for the 3rd (nice strike though it was but no reaction at all)

Lots seem to think it would be a good idea to let Smithies go for the right money, whatever that means. Kept us up last season. Kept us in the game on Saturday and then went on to win it, difference between 0 points and 3.

Ingram needs to go out on loan.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

After 44 years on 00:01 - Aug 23 with 3185 viewsHunterhoop

I said it on another thread: Caulker's display was one of, if not, 'the' worst performances I've ever seen at centre half at pro or semi pro level.

Daveb, you can talk about lack of protection from the midfield all night long - and I agree we were poor in central midfield - but that back 4 (and it was a back 4) were utterly shambolic. And Caulker was by far the main culprit. Routine channel balls carved us open. Long balls caused panic. Even passing across the back line was asking for trouble...and several times gifted them possession in dangerous areas.

Caulker barely got touch tight once all game. He lost challenges he was 70:30 to win. He looked Bob Malcolm pace at times. The first and third goals were atrocious. First one was his ball to come across and clear in to the Ellerslie all day long, he somehow went over the ball and missed the man, and they're in behind. The third, his man simply peels off him (when he sees the ball drop to an unmarked colleague in midfield collect the ball); Caulker like a statue doesn't react until he's racing in behind. First rule of defending: no pressure on the ball, follow your man. He never gets with 4 yards of him. A simple ball over the top....easy 1-1. And they were just the goals. He was so far off his man every time, he may as well have defended from behind the goal.

I know he has lots of troubles, I know the midfield was poor, I know Baptiste was poor. I know Robinson was caught out of position too high too often. I know Furlong made several rickets.... but Jesus Christ! Caulker was totally and utterly inept. In any other profession it would have been classed as gross misconduct.

I normally defend the defenders...but not today. He isn't close to being match sharp...for a amateur friendly outfit, let alone a first team game for a Championship.

If Perch and Lynch are still out on Sunday, and we go back to a back 3 (which we should for consistency and because it's worked so far), Lord knows who plays with Ned. Barry the Baptiste and ??? Frankly, I'd rather Curtis Fleming than Caulker after today.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 0:09]
After 44 years on 06:29 - Aug 23 with 2998 viewssevenhoop

After 44 years on 00:01 - Aug 23 by Hunterhoop

I said it on another thread: Caulker's display was one of, if not, 'the' worst performances I've ever seen at centre half at pro or semi pro level.

Daveb, you can talk about lack of protection from the midfield all night long - and I agree we were poor in central midfield - but that back 4 (and it was a back 4) were utterly shambolic. And Caulker was by far the main culprit. Routine channel balls carved us open. Long balls caused panic. Even passing across the back line was asking for trouble...and several times gifted them possession in dangerous areas.

Caulker barely got touch tight once all game. He lost challenges he was 70:30 to win. He looked Bob Malcolm pace at times. The first and third goals were atrocious. First one was his ball to come across and clear in to the Ellerslie all day long, he somehow went over the ball and missed the man, and they're in behind. The third, his man simply peels off him (when he sees the ball drop to an unmarked colleague in midfield collect the ball); Caulker like a statue doesn't react until he's racing in behind. First rule of defending: no pressure on the ball, follow your man. He never gets with 4 yards of him. A simple ball over the top....easy 1-1. And they were just the goals. He was so far off his man every time, he may as well have defended from behind the goal.

I know he has lots of troubles, I know the midfield was poor, I know Baptiste was poor. I know Robinson was caught out of position too high too often. I know Furlong made several rickets.... but Jesus Christ! Caulker was totally and utterly inept. In any other profession it would have been classed as gross misconduct.

I normally defend the defenders...but not today. He isn't close to being match sharp...for a amateur friendly outfit, let alone a first team game for a Championship.

If Perch and Lynch are still out on Sunday, and we go back to a back 3 (which we should for consistency and because it's worked so far), Lord knows who plays with Ned. Barry the Baptiste and ??? Frankly, I'd rather Curtis Fleming than Caulker after today.

I've always thought Caulker is dogshite. Unbelievably weak in a challenge. He presumably was half-decent at some stage, but I've never seen it.
After 44 years on 07:16 - Aug 23 with 2918 viewsdaveB

would agree Caulker had a poor game but think its a bit harsh to single him out when he's not really played much football in the last year and had no help from the midfield in the first half.
After 44 years on 07:29 - Aug 23 with 2875 viewsLblock

After 44 years on 00:01 - Aug 23 by Hunterhoop

Apologies- fat fingers caused a down arrow rather than up

You've summed his game and attitude up in a nutshell
However you could've been far, far harsher

He also looks to me like his lifestyle choices have caned his physique. Like quite a few pissheads I know, he looked thin and weak.

The fella simply has to go. Playing him last night and then saying his minutes on the pitch was a plus is a joke. I hope privately Ollie is sitting down with whoever he needs to for arrangements to pay him up or insist on a loan deal to Stevenage or somewhere

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

After 44 years on 07:36 - Aug 23 with 2850 viewsparker64

After 44 years on 20:27 - Aug 22 by Stanisgod

I've noticed when the crowd gets on his back he goes to pieces a bit. It happened in a game last season and Holloway took him off. He's still young but the pressure's on him more now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024