Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Catalunya 12:00 - Oct 1 with 19900 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Incredible scenes as riot police try to stop the referendum on independence.

Twitter jamming up with similar scenes of violence. This could get very bad.

edit - 38 reported injured now, some possibly by rubber bullets.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 12:05]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Catalunya on 12:17 - Oct 1 with 5938 viewsisawqpratwcity

I could make some glib comment about maintaining traditional Spanish values, like Fascism, but tbf almost no government in the world would allow a separatist movement to foment.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Catalunya on 12:20 - Oct 1 with 5930 viewsMrSheen

Catalunya on 12:17 - Oct 1 by isawqpratwcity

I could make some glib comment about maintaining traditional Spanish values, like Fascism, but tbf almost no government in the world would allow a separatist movement to foment.

Britain and Canada survived separatist referenda.
Catalunya on 12:22 - Oct 1 with 5925 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Madrid giving us a lesson in how to lose a referendum.

I wonder if the world's newest country will be Catalunya or Kurdistan.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 12:23]
Catalunya on 12:30 - Oct 1 with 5897 viewsMrSheen

Catalunya on 12:22 - Oct 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Madrid giving us a lesson in how to lose a referendum.

I wonder if the world's newest country will be Catalunya or Kurdistan.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 12:23]

Great job, as by all accounts the separatists would have lost a free referendum. The best way to get people to want something is to tell them they can't have it. I would put money on independent Catalonia first, as they would only have one angry neighbour, while the Kurds would be surrounded.
Catalunya on 12:31 - Oct 1 with 5891 viewsisawqpratwcity

Catalunya on 12:20 - Oct 1 by MrSheen

Britain and Canada survived separatist referenda.

Yes, I never could understand why Scotland got a vote while Ireland had to have a war.

Catalunya on 12:38 - Oct 1 with 5874 viewsMedwayR

The way the Spanish government have handled this has been so short-sighted, and now aggressive and violent. Do they not think that the rest of the world is watching, viewing scenes like these, how does that make the country look. The attempted referendum created a situation of law & order vs democracy but all the Spanish government had to do was let them get on with it and if it went their way then happy days the problem goes away, if it didn't then so what, it's an illegal referendum and holds no weight. Tackling the referendum as they are turns more Catalans towards independence and makes Spain look like it's still being run like some dictatorship where people don't have any freedoms. I hope no one gets seriously hurt, those being violent (on both sides) are held to account especially after seeing the way the police have handled it, and that the situation resolves itself peacefully.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 12:38]

Poll: Who’s better?

Catalunya on 12:51 - Oct 1 with 5848 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Catalunya on 12:31 - Oct 1 by isawqpratwcity

Yes, I never could understand why Scotland got a vote while Ireland had to have a war.

N Ireland had a vote in the 70s.
Catalunya on 12:57 - Oct 1 with 5832 viewsisawqpratwcity

Catalunya on 12:51 - Oct 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

N Ireland had a vote in the 70s.

How did that work out?

Login to get fewer ads

Catalunya on 13:41 - Oct 1 with 5768 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Catalunya on 12:38 - Oct 1 by MedwayR

The way the Spanish government have handled this has been so short-sighted, and now aggressive and violent. Do they not think that the rest of the world is watching, viewing scenes like these, how does that make the country look. The attempted referendum created a situation of law & order vs democracy but all the Spanish government had to do was let them get on with it and if it went their way then happy days the problem goes away, if it didn't then so what, it's an illegal referendum and holds no weight. Tackling the referendum as they are turns more Catalans towards independence and makes Spain look like it's still being run like some dictatorship where people don't have any freedoms. I hope no one gets seriously hurt, those being violent (on both sides) are held to account especially after seeing the way the police have handled it, and that the situation resolves itself peacefully.

Agree with you.

Shades of The British Empire creating martyrs after 1916.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Catalunya on 13:52 - Oct 1 with 5746 viewsMrSheen

Catalunya on 12:57 - Oct 1 by isawqpratwcity

How did that work out?

Boycotted by Republicans IIRC. Landslide result.
Catalunya on 14:10 - Oct 1 with 5711 viewsHayesender

EU style democracy in action. For the European union, see the Soviet union

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Catalunya on 14:16 - Oct 1 with 5692 viewsdistortR

the political elite only endorses referendum's that they believe will entrench their power - only in Britain their arrogance caused them to mis-read and even lose the popular vote.

Awful footage Brian, when the forces of law lose their head, the law of force is what you get. still. at least the police remembered who signs off their monthly pay-cheque, albeit not the the people who actually put the money in the government's coffers to enable the government to oppress them.
Catalunya on 14:17 - Oct 1 with 5688 viewsdistortR

Catalunya on 12:38 - Oct 1 by MedwayR

On the other hand, it may well ensure them a world cup finals in the near future.
Catalunya on 14:17 - Oct 1 with 5683 viewskensalriser

Struggling to see how this is anything to do with the EU?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Catalunya on 14:18 - Oct 1 with 5681 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Catalunya on 14:10 - Oct 1 by Hayesender

EU style democracy in action. For the European union, see the Soviet union

Basques up next and then the big one, Yorkshire! Of course, we’ll send them the ballot papers with only the ‘Yes’ option on the paper already ticked off.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Catalunya on 14:20 - Oct 1 with 5680 viewsisawqpratwcity

Catalunya on 13:52 - Oct 1 by MrSheen

Boycotted by Republicans IIRC. Landslide result.

So no problems, then?

Catalunya on 15:25 - Oct 1 with 5583 viewsBluce_Ree

Saw some footage of Spanish police attacking firemen. This seems pretty f**ked.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Catalunya on 15:32 - Oct 1 with 5560 viewsenfieldargh

if they did separate from Spain does that mean Barcelona & Espanol from their own league or join the Andoran one?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Catalunya on 15:38 - Oct 1 with 5547 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I have Barce, Las Palmas on the telly and it’s behind closed doors!

Is this due to some prior disciplinary matter, or the referendum?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Catalunya on 15:50 - Oct 1 with 5521 viewsJigsore

Catalunya on 15:38 - Oct 1 by PlanetHonneywood

I have Barce, Las Palmas on the telly and it’s behind closed doors!

Is this due to some prior disciplinary matter, or the referendum?

because of fears over safety

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Catalunya on 15:57 - Oct 1 with 5510 viewsBoston

Catalunya on 15:32 - Oct 1 by enfieldargh

if they did separate from Spain does that mean Barcelona & Espanol from their own league or join the Andoran one?

Conundrum for Barcelona and their fans. Independence will leave them the equivalent of Shrewsbury in ten years time. Espanol, well they're generally not pro independence on any level.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Catalunya on 16:01 - Oct 1 with 5507 viewsBoston

Catalunya on 14:17 - Oct 1 by kensalriser

Struggling to see how this is anything to do with the EU?

You wait, Bob Geldof's hiring a boat as we speak.

Catalunya on 17:34 - Oct 1 with 5382 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Catalunya on 15:32 - Oct 1 by enfieldargh

El Clickbaito

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2017/9/30/16388800/catalan-barcelona-premier-lea
Catalunya on 17:36 - Oct 1 with 5376 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'll take a pop at the Tories with any chance they give me, but this handling of Scottish ref demands look almost professional.
Catalunya on 19:09 - Oct 1 with 5255 viewsBoston

Catalunya on 17:36 - Oct 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'll take a pop at the Tories with any chance they give me, but this handling of Scottish ref demands look almost professional.

The acid test is when it all kicks off on Canvey Island.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvey_Island_Independent_Party

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024