Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it's the Sun, but... 01:53 - Oct 15 with 19978 viewsloftinoz

Any truth in this?
Portsmouth's Kenny Jackett has emerged as a strong contender to take over at QPR
Don't know how to post a link properly, sorry.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 05:04 - Oct 17 with 1644 viewstimcocking

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:49 - Oct 16 by Dorse

'Twitter Abuses QPR Manager Shock'

I think the Twitterati suffer from such a massive irony failure that they must be positively dangerous in real life. The kind of 'pub terrier' little bloke who sits at the end of the bar making pronouncements pertaining to his hardness, being needlessly aggressive, generally to a largely embarrassed silence that he takes as affirmation. The 'tuat o' nine tales' type who has shagged, drunk, fought or escaped from absolutely everything despite no evidence to support his confident claims. If you've been to Tenerife, he's been to Elevenerife.

Why TF wants anything to do with Twitter completely escapes me. Seriously - this is the platform of choice for Donald J Trump! Kind of says everything you need to know about it.

Since Ollie has arrived there has been a palpable change at QPR. This isn't only about him but look at how the club is behaving. Forever Rs, the higher profile of QPR In The Community, Rainbow Rs, Furs, Sinton, Birch, young players coming through, the return of an actual scouting network, the Ellerslie Road bogs water pressure - we feel like we've got 'our' Rangers back. And the style of play, attitude and drive of the players is so much better.

And yet, the mouth breathing toast toppers of Twitter want to return to the model we have seen consistently and embarrassingly fail for the last 5 years. Unbelievable. Just when it looks like we might have a plan and a bit of stability to achieve it, they pop up with TF abuse, call for another manager and The Sun starts stirring the pot.

I say here here!
I know it's the Sun, but... on 05:08 - Oct 17 with 1644 viewstimcocking

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:10 - Oct 16 by Northolt_Rs

It was the points gained by JFH that prevented us being relegated last season. Holloway’s points-per-game would’ve seen us playing in League 1 this season. ATAF.

Yeah, but number of points is a total bloody lottery at times. Have to keep an eye on the bigger picture.

For me, we're a couple of undeserved results off having a fantastic start to the season, all things considered.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 05:10 - Oct 17 with 1644 viewstimcocking

I know it's the Sun, but... on 14:31 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

Holloways has had ample opportunity to get goals out of our strikers. Now it may well be that said strikers are not up to the job so we need to bring in others. It seems there is no money for that option so do we stay as we are and hope or do we change the manager and hope he has more luck with what he has. I cannot see how after all this time Holloway can get any more out of the strikers so he needs to get the money to change the personnel or let somebody else have a go with what we have got.

You can't just get goals out of strikers who aren't particularly likely to get goals.

Christ, he's still only been here a short while.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 07:26 - Oct 17 with 1609 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 05:08 - Oct 17 by timcocking

Yeah, but number of points is a total bloody lottery at times. Have to keep an eye on the bigger picture.

For me, we're a couple of undeserved results off having a fantastic start to the season, all things considered.

Two batches of six losses on the spin in less than one season cannot be a lottery.... Plus I think we are now 9 games without a win. Those miserable stats can’t just be down to bad luck. He’d be out of a job at any other club in the entire football league - assuming he would’ve been offered one in the first place of course.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 7:29]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 07:42 - Oct 17 with 1580 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:15 - Oct 16 by daveB

I don't really care about Derby or Cardiff, not sure what they have to do with us, am struggling to understand the point your are making really and why you've had a pop at me.

Of course if JFH had won 3 more points we'd have finished higher but he didn't, would be like saying if Holloway got 3 more points we'd have been higher, or if we had equalised against Fulham we'd be higher, didn't happen though.

I'm not really trying to make a clever point here, I just think it's all very well saying the points won under JFH kept us up last season, of course they contributed thats obvious but he also lost a few as well which is why he was sacked and part of the reason why we didn't have a good season.

Although....JFH had a better points per game ratio than Holloway did last season. So the additional points gained under JFH did indeed stop us from being relegated. The PPG under Holloway across the season would’ve seen us dumped into League 1. I don’t rate either of them but JFH had a better performance record than Holloway.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 07:50 - Oct 17 with 1577 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:12 - Oct 16 by PinnerPaul

That is utter nonsense as if we had picked up zero points under IH we would have stayed up right?

Erm........ no totally wrong - utter drivel.

Er.....you’ve missed the point. I’ll spell it out slowly for you to make it easier to absorb:

JFH HAD A BETTER POINTS PER GAME RATIO THAN HOLLOWAY LAST SEASON.

PPG is the performance stat used to compare managers (alongside winning cups of course). Across the full season, Holloway’s PPG would’ve seen us relegated. JFH’s better PPG contributed to us staying in the Championship. They are both pony managers though.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 08:22 - Oct 17 with 1552 viewsDorse

I say we need an experienced manager like Redknapp, a manager proven at international level like Hughes, an up-and-coming lower league coach like Hasselbaink or a proven top flight player developer like Ramsey.

Either that or for us to thank Almighty Atheismo that we finally have someone who actually gets QPR.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I know it's the Sun, but... on 08:56 - Oct 17 with 1509 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I know it's the Sun, but... on 07:26 - Oct 17 by Northolt_Rs

Two batches of six losses on the spin in less than one season cannot be a lottery.... Plus I think we are now 9 games without a win. Those miserable stats can’t just be down to bad luck. He’d be out of a job at any other club in the entire football league - assuming he would’ve been offered one in the first place of course.

I think it is six without a win.
I know nine sounds better though.
Login to get fewer ads

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:58 - Oct 17 with 1473 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 08:56 - Oct 17 by CroydonCaptJack

I think it is six without a win.
I know nine sounds better though.

Well 9 is like an upside down 6. It’s one win in the last nine games matey.... are you Uncle in disguise?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 10:02]

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:58 - Oct 17 with 1471 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 08:22 - Oct 17 by Dorse

I say we need an experienced manager like Redknapp, a manager proven at international level like Hughes, an up-and-coming lower league coach like Hasselbaink or a proven top flight player developer like Ramsey.

Either that or for us to thank Almighty Atheismo that we finally have someone who actually gets QPR.

You are right Dorse - we be cursed!

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:14 - Oct 17 with 1457 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:58 - Oct 17 by Northolt_Rs

Well 9 is like an upside down 6. It’s one win in the last nine games matey.... are you Uncle in disguise?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 10:02]

No I just prefer more accurate figures really. Adding 50% to six is quite a bit out.

We should have had a lot more points from those six games I will agree on that.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:55 - Oct 17 with 1421 viewsSimonJames

I know it's the Sun, but... on 08:22 - Oct 17 by Dorse

Or we could have just stuck with NW in the first place.

100% of people who drink water will die.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:00 - Oct 17 with 1411 viewsSimonJames

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:15 - Oct 16 by daveB

I don't really care about Derby or Cardiff, not sure what they have to do with us, am struggling to understand the point your are making really and why you've had a pop at me.

Of course if JFH had won 3 more points we'd have finished higher but he didn't, would be like saying if Holloway got 3 more points we'd have been higher, or if we had equalised against Fulham we'd be higher, didn't happen though.

I'm not really trying to make a clever point here, I just think it's all very well saying the points won under JFH kept us up last season, of course they contributed thats obvious but he also lost a few as well which is why he was sacked and part of the reason why we didn't have a good season.

Whatever...

100% of people who drink water will die.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:34 - Oct 17 with 1383 viewsdaveB

I know it's the Sun, but... on 07:42 - Oct 17 by Northolt_Rs

Although....JFH had a better points per game ratio than Holloway did last season. So the additional points gained under JFH did indeed stop us from being relegated. The PPG under Holloway across the season would’ve seen us dumped into League 1. I don’t rate either of them but JFH had a better performance record than Holloway.

No guarantee JFH would have maintained that points per game for the season or that Holloway would have got less points given the same fixtures JFH had at the start of that season which is why i don't think points per game tells the whole story.

We weren't very good under either of them but for me the team were a lot better to watch after JFH left until the last few games when it all went wrong. other than set pieces, it was hard to see how the team were going to score under JFH, I think we only scored one or two from open play under him last season and over a full season it's very difficult to maintain scoring from set pieces that often, especially when Chery went off the boil.

We probably had more points this time last year as well but again I've enjoyed the games this season a hell of a lot more than the first few months of last season
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 11:36]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 12:35 - Oct 17 with 1325 viewstimcocking

I know it's the Sun, but... on 07:26 - Oct 17 by Northolt_Rs

True, and ok, that was looking really poor, but the fact he'd be out of the job in any other club is part of the problem with football. It doesn't mean that would be the correct decision. Any manager needs time and good fortune.

The end of season run was just that, they were wasting time playing out the season. Bares no relevance at all to now, it's pretty much immaterial what the results were last year, that's all water under the bridge.

This year we've surely been predominantly decent? A bit unlucky, but we all know QPR is always unlucky. The players brought in have looked excellent considering the fees, morale seems good, publicity is positive, everything seems hunky dory to me. Just a bad run of injuries and mediocre strikers. I don't care how many games we lose in a row if i think we are playing well and being unlucky. Honestly can't for the life of me see any way that changing a manager yet again could do anything other than take us further backwards, at least in the short term.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:04 - Oct 17 with 1301 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 05:10 - Oct 17 by timcocking

You can't just get goals out of strikers who aren't particularly likely to get goals.

Christ, he's still only been here a short while.

"Now it may well be that said strikers are not up to the job so we need to bring in others. "

"........so he needs to get the money to change the personnel "

That was one of the options I suggested. But the only way out of that, change the strikers, was laughed out of court. So what is the way forward.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 13:05]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:23 - Oct 17 with 1272 viewsTacticalR

QPR_John, did you see Ram Chandra's article last week? He looks at the goal problems and some possible answers.

Goals for the rest of the season? Column

Goals for the rest of the season? Column 12th Oct 2017 09:48
Columnist Ram Chandra considers QPR’s striking problem, and how it can be solved in an overheated market with FFP considerations. 6

Air hostess clique

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:24 - Oct 17 with 1262 viewsLythamR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:04 - Oct 17 by QPR_John

"Now it may well be that said strikers are not up to the job so we need to bring in others. "

That was one of the options I suggested. But the only way out of that, change the strikers, was laughed out of court. So what is the way forward.

We have several young strikers on the verge of breaking through to the first team who have reasonable potential, I would rather struggle on with what we have, lose them as they go out of contract and bring through these youngsters and give them a real chance, rather than spend a wack of money buying new strikers in january that will likely be only marginally better than what we have.

In the meantime our much vaunted midfield also need to step up their own contribution in the goalscoring stakes.

I would like to see us keep faith with this squad, the manager and those around him within the club and see where this strategy can take us rather than another annual knee jerk leaving us right back where we started.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:39 - Oct 17 with 1228 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:24 - Oct 17 by LythamR

We have several young strikers on the verge of breaking through to the first team who have reasonable potential, I would rather struggle on with what we have, lose them as they go out of contract and bring through these youngsters and give them a real chance, rather than spend a wack of money buying new strikers in january that will likely be only marginally better than what we have.

In the meantime our much vaunted midfield also need to step up their own contribution in the goalscoring stakes.

I would like to see us keep faith with this squad, the manager and those around him within the club and see where this strategy can take us rather than another annual knee jerk leaving us right back where we started.

Would it not be great if we could unearth a diamond. When was the last one Sterling I think and look what happened. I'm afraid the powers that be in football have made it far to easy for top clubs to poach any young player that remotely looks like making the grade.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:54 - Oct 17 with 1199 views2Thomas2Bowles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:04 - Oct 17 by QPR_John

I'm sure you only scan read posts and nothing sinks in and have OCD repeating yourself that in your opinion the only answer is to get rid of IH
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 13:55]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 1189 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:54 - Oct 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm sure you only scan read posts and nothing sinks in and have OCD repeating yourself that in your opinion the only answer is to get rid of IH
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 13:55]

Carry on like this and people will start talking
I know it's the Sun, but... on 14:05 - Oct 17 with 1169 viewsTheChef

I know it's the Sun, but... on 12:35 - Oct 17 by timcocking

True, and ok, that was looking really poor, but the fact he'd be out of the job in any other club is part of the problem with football. It doesn't mean that would be the correct decision. Any manager needs time and good fortune.

The end of season run was just that, they were wasting time playing out the season. Bares no relevance at all to now, it's pretty much immaterial what the results were last year, that's all water under the bridge.

This year we've surely been predominantly decent? A bit unlucky, but we all know QPR is always unlucky. The players brought in have looked excellent considering the fees, morale seems good, publicity is positive, everything seems hunky dory to me. Just a bad run of injuries and mediocre strikers. I don't care how many games we lose in a row if i think we are playing well and being unlucky. Honestly can't for the life of me see any way that changing a manager yet again could do anything other than take us further backwards, at least in the short term.

Yes, managers do need time and luck, just Alex Ferguson. He had three years before the fans were calling for his head, Mark Robins won him an FA Cup tie and they went on to win the thing.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:35 - Oct 17 with 1063 viewsPinnerPaul

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:21 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

I tried to make a comment taking emotion out of the argument. If people are happy to wait to see what happens then fine. Football is about scoring goals something that at the moment we are not doing however much attractive football we are playing. I am of the opinion that something needs to be done about it and suggested two options. I made the mistake of ignoring the third option nothing is Holloways fault.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 19:28]

That last part is not what I said at all.

And 'waiting and seeing what happens' is surely the sensible position given that the clocks haven't even gone back yet!

Also. the fact that a new manager will have a) no money and b) the transfer window is shut, really not confident that 'something needs to be done' would be very achievable.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:39 - Oct 17 with 1062 viewsPinnerPaul

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:24 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

If we had picked up zero points under JFH would we have stayed up
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 19:24]

Obviously not.

As has been done to death points per game IH v JFH not that different.
I didn't want JFH sacked for same reason I don't want IH sacked - IT WON'T MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE.

To 'blame' one over the other for the position we finished in makes no sense at all.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:42 - Oct 17 with 1059 viewsPinnerPaul

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:41 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

You see Holloway on a post which does not praise him and you jump in without thinking. I did not say a new manager would get the strikers scoring and I even said it could be that they are not up to the job. What I said was that a solution needs to be found either Holloway gets money to buy or somebody new comes in with different ideas. Neither case is a guarantee of success. Surely even you must acknowledge that we are not scoring and something must be done to change the situation. It may well be there is a third option and Holloway finds a way to get them scoring. It has not happened for nearly a year now so is it really over the top to suggest we might look at a different option
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 20:44]

My problem is that very rarely MUST something be done in football terms in the middle of October - even Bolton and Palace won last weekend.

To say if we do nothing things will stay the same or get worse is just guesswork/your opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024