Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it's the Sun, but... 01:53 - Oct 15 with 19973 viewsloftinoz

Any truth in this?
Portsmouth's Kenny Jackett has emerged as a strong contender to take over at QPR
Don't know how to post a link properly, sorry.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:20 - Oct 15 with 1813 viewsWestbourneR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:24 - Oct 15 by DejR_vu

Would be very QPR. Warnock apart, who's a freak of nature in his ability to get teams going, all the other teams in the top six have unknown or little known managers, many from abroad, with a good pedigree, all on the up with something to prove. We have a caveman approach where we go back to someone we 'put on gardening leave' years ago with a record at best described as 'mixed', who was working as a pundit. Night and day. If we were to replace Holloway I wouldn't be at all surprised if we appoint someone like Jacket.

I am not, by the way, advocating changing the manager. Every time we do we make the wrong appointment, so what would be the point?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 10:37]

Really Ollie was at his best with Jackett as number 2 sorting out the defence. He's a very good coach. Clever man, organised and shrewd. Lacks in the personality department.

I have to say I do think there are better options out there than Holloway, there was when he appointed him and there a now.

I don't buy this 'he's doing as well as he can on a budget' - you only have to look at Preston, or Wagner at Huddersfield, or Dyche at Burnley, to see that we need to believe we can have that too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:50 - Oct 15 with 1767 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Let's all move along now, nothing more to be added

Tony Fernandes‏Verified account
@tonyfernandes
Following Following @tonyfernandes
More
End is story. Let’s focus on the pitch and transfer windows . Scouting scouting scouting. And young players coming through.
9:32 AM - 15 Oct 2017

@tonyfernandes
More
Zero facts about Ollie. Not even a second of thought this. This is a project and we want stability . Ollie is doing a grand job
9:31 AM - 15 Oct 2017
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:18 - Oct 15 with 1733 viewsPunteR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:50 - Oct 15 by WrightUp5hit___

@tonyfernandes
More
End is story. Let’s focus on the pitch and transfer windows . Scouting scouting scouting. And young players coming through.

@tonyfernandes
More
Zero facts about Ollie. Not even a second of thought this. This is a project and we want stability . Ollie is doing a grand job

So thats Ollie gone then..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:35 - Oct 15 with 1705 viewsdaveB

as ever it's not the club looking to replace the manager but a lot of fans seem to want to which i can't get my head around. I thought we drew yesterday, looking around social media i've realised it must have been a 5-0 defeat
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:43 - Oct 15 with 1696 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:35 - Oct 15 by daveB

as ever it's not the club looking to replace the manager but a lot of fans seem to want to which i can't get my head around. I thought we drew yesterday, looking around social media i've realised it must have been a 5-0 defeat

We drew away at a club in the bottom three after going ahead and many seem to agree it was two points dropped rather than one point gained
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:46 - Oct 15 with 1695 views2Thomas2Bowles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:23 - Oct 15 by SimonJames

JFH was sacked after our 1-1 draw with Forest on 5th Nov when we were on 20 points after 16 games.
On 4th Nov we will play our 16th game of this season, once again against Forest, and we will most likely be on 18-20 points...

Fect the stats

JFH = utter shite football

IH =1000% better football than under JFH

As others have said here and on other threads, injures and lack of a good goal scorer is the problem, not the manager.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:54 - Oct 15 with 1676 viewsDorse

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:50 - Oct 15 by WrightUp5hit___

@tonyfernandes
More

@tonyfernandes
More

Young players coming through?

Over to you Smegma.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:55 - Oct 15 with 1678 viewsdaveB

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:43 - Oct 15 by QPR_John

We drew away at a club in the bottom three after going ahead and many seem to agree it was two points dropped rather than one point gained

i get what you mean by 2 points dropped but technically you can't drop points you never had so it was one gained. I'm not saying yesterday was a great result but this is QPR, going away to a team who have not won or lead in a match since last December, it had home win written all over it, we once again played pretty well and got a point and yet still thats deemed not good enough
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 19:56]
Login to get fewer ads

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:14 - Oct 15 with 1646 viewsPunteR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:55 - Oct 15 by daveB

i get what you mean by 2 points dropped but technically you can't drop points you never had so it was one gained. I'm not saying yesterday was a great result but this is QPR, going away to a team who have not won or lead in a match since last December, it had home win written all over it, we once again played pretty well and got a point and yet still thats deemed not good enough
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 19:56]

"you can't drop points you never had so it was one gained"

Cant argue with that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:19 - Oct 15 with 1642 viewsdistortR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:20 - Oct 15 by WestbourneR

Really Ollie was at his best with Jackett as number 2 sorting out the defence. He's a very good coach. Clever man, organised and shrewd. Lacks in the personality department.

I have to say I do think there are better options out there than Holloway, there was when he appointed him and there a now.

I don't buy this 'he's doing as well as he can on a budget' - you only have to look at Preston, or Wagner at Huddersfield, or Dyche at Burnley, to see that we need to believe we can have that too.

Not Ollie's biggest fan, but he is managing under a regime that is, rightly, cutting the budget every year, as opposed to maintaining one. His planning must therefore be contingent on player sales and is therefore 'up in the air'. Not easy circumstances to plan under. Who knows who we might have signed if he had managed to off-load player A? All things considered,I thought our transfer activity was pretty good pre-season, our performances, as much as i have been able to see, have been ok and generally entertaining and Ollie deserves to keep his job.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:55 - Oct 15 with 1595 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:15 - Oct 15 with 1565 viewsAntti_Heinola

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:43 - Oct 15 by QPR_John

is that a sackable offence these days?

Dear God. I wonder how many of these fans are young keyboard warriors who have no knowledge of the kind of results Ollie got last time around before things got much better. You'd think eventually people would notice that swapping the manager every 11 months isn't actually making any difference and maybe thing are just a *tiny* bit more complex than that. But apparently not.

Bare bones.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:16 - Oct 15 with 1560 viewsAntti_Heinola

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:54 - Oct 15 by Dorse

Young players coming through?

Over to you Smegma.

Manning, Furlong, possibly Eze at the least. TF is right - it hasn't looked this promising for about 25 years.

Bare bones.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:23 - Oct 15 with 1549 viewsflynnbo

Some people calling for his head-unbelievable.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:49 - Oct 15 with 1506 viewsloftus77

The sad thing is that I’m not surprised by rumours like this. FWIW I don’t think it will, or should, happen.

My only thought is, that after 45 games, I’m not totally clear what ‘Ollie The Sequel’ is trying to build or achieve at Rangers yet. It can’t be easy, as others have said, but our financial woes are replicated at other clubs in this division too.

My worry is that, at the moment, Ollie is falling between two traps; he is neither the ‘upstart fire-brand’ of circa 2003 which we all loved him for, nor is he the “Arsene Wenger-style”, media-savvy, technical strategist which I think he’d like to be. The result is a confused state of affairs which probably helps to generate these kind of rumours.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:56 - Oct 15 with 1486 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Relegation or gross misconduct.

Otherwise i'd stick by a fvcking cabbage if it was QPR manager, just to see if we are capable of seeing something through.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:57 - Oct 15 with 1484 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:15 - Oct 15 by Antti_Heinola

Dear God. I wonder how many of these fans are young keyboard warriors who have no knowledge of the kind of results Ollie got last time around before things got much better. You'd think eventually people would notice that swapping the manager every 11 months isn't actually making any difference and maybe thing are just a *tiny* bit more complex than that. But apparently not.

Not a sackable offence at all I think you have misunderstood.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:18 - Oct 15 with 1449 viewsSimonJames

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:46 - Oct 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Fect the stats

JFH = utter shite football

IH =1000% better football than under JFH

As others have said here and on other threads, injures and lack of a good goal scorer is the problem, not the manager.

I wasn't saying anything. Merely pointing out that if the decision making process to sack JFH was due to results, then the situation is likely to still exist after the Forest game.

100% of people who drink water will die.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:22 - Oct 15 with 1441 viewsTacticalR

I know it's the Standard, but...

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes offers backing to Ian Holloway after speculation over manager's future
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-chairman-tony-fernandes-offers-bac

Air hostess clique

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:28 - Oct 15 with 1432 viewsisawqpratwcity

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:15 - Oct 15 by Antti_Heinola

What difference does it make that Holloway took a while to get results last time? Early in the 12-13 season the excuse was 'Hughes needs ten matches for his team to gel', complete bollox. And he was sacked after only ten and a half months, any complaints? Not from me.

But I didn't want either Ramsey or Hasselbaink to be gone after eleven months, either, although that wasn't the general consensus around here. And they were both operating under the same 'slash the wage bill/cut the squad' regime, too, at least as stringent as Holloway.

And I'm still not calling for Holloway's head yet. I think he should have been replaced after his one game escape last season, but he's here now, so review again in November/December. And at the moment, I'm not convinced either way.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:33 - Oct 15 with 1423 viewsNorthernr

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:18 - Oct 15 by PunteR

So thats Ollie gone then..

You joke but this time last year he was saying that stuff about JFH and this time last year + a fortnight JFH was gone after a draw at Nottingham Forest.

As I said on Twitter tonight, it's not helpful fernandes being on Twitter listening to that bile. Several of the replies to those tweets were people saying we should be signing Charlie Austin on loan because he's only a sub at Southampton. I mean how lacking in awareness do you have to be to think that might be an option?
I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:46 - Oct 15 with 1389 viewsRangersw12

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:28 - Oct 15 by isawqpratwcity

What difference does it make that Holloway took a while to get results last time? Early in the 12-13 season the excuse was 'Hughes needs ten matches for his team to gel', complete bollox. And he was sacked after only ten and a half months, any complaints? Not from me.

But I didn't want either Ramsey or Hasselbaink to be gone after eleven months, either, although that wasn't the general consensus around here. And they were both operating under the same 'slash the wage bill/cut the squad' regime, too, at least as stringent as Holloway.

And I'm still not calling for Holloway's head yet. I think he should have been replaced after his one game escape last season, but he's here now, so review again in November/December. And at the moment, I'm not convinced either way.

What review should take place in November/December and where do you think we should be in order for him to keep his job ?
I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:47 - Oct 15 with 1383 viewsdaveB

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:18 - Oct 15 by SimonJames

I wasn't saying anything. Merely pointing out that if the decision making process to sack JFH was due to results, then the situation is likely to still exist after the Forest game.

JFH wasn't sacked only for results, it was also the way we were playing and we were on a pretty poor run and getting worse with each game when he went.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:54 - Oct 15 with 1366 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:56 - Oct 15 with 1363 viewsisawqpratwcity

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:46 - Oct 15 by Rangersw12

What review should take place in November/December and where do you think we should be in order for him to keep his job ?

We all make our own assessment. Including Fernandes.

For me, around where we are now will do just fine. Pushing for a relegation place will not.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024