Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it's the Sun, but... 01:53 - Oct 15 with 19974 viewsloftinoz

Any truth in this?
Portsmouth's Kenny Jackett has emerged as a strong contender to take over at QPR
Don't know how to post a link properly, sorry.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:06 - Oct 15 with 2011 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I hope this is a bullshit article.

Holloway should not be sacked
Our performances this season have improved however our results have not (yet) reflected this. We are playing good football and everyone seems to be putting in.

This is the happiest I have been with QPR since the one magic season with Adel, Warnock and Amit. Prior to that there was an amazing month under Magilton in 2009 and before that it was Holloway back in 2004

We finally seem to have stability with ownership, off the field with the right people in the right roles and our recruitment seems to have improved in recent times (less bad eggs, improved quality at little cost)
We are rebuilding.
The club is getting its soul back and now is closer to the QPR that I fell in love with over 45 years ago.

We have 2 excellent keepers (Smithies and Lumley)
One of the best midfields in the division (with depth)
We have had a number of injuries to defenders which has not helped.
We probably need to strengthen the defence and get a natural goalscorer in the January transfer window (perhaps bring Eze back) and off load quite a few of the fringe players who are not good enough (we have 35 in the squad - far too many - we still need to move on the likes of Caulker and Jet).

Finally I do like Jackett - but my preference for next manager (hopefully in many years time after Holloway has retired) would be Gareth Ainsworth.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 23:40]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:30 - Oct 15 with 1978 views2Thomas2Bowles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:47 - Oct 15 by daveB

JFH wasn't sacked only for results, it was also the way we were playing and we were on a pretty poor run and getting worse with each game when he went.

This

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:30 - Oct 15 with 1975 viewsPunteR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:33 - Oct 15 by Northernr

You joke but this time last year he was saying that stuff about JFH and this time last year + a fortnight JFH was gone after a draw at Nottingham Forest.

As I said on Twitter tonight, it's not helpful fernandes being on Twitter listening to that bile. Several of the replies to those tweets were people saying we should be signing Charlie Austin on loan because he's only a sub at Southampton. I mean how lacking in awareness do you have to be to think that might be an option?

Precisely.
As regards Austin coming back here , I'll refer you to my "he might as well get back on the trowel" quip on another thread. Isnt he on a hundred grand a week these days?

And as you probably know Northern im not TF's biggest fan but most things TF spouts on Twitter is just completely unhelpful garbage anyway..
What if we lose the next 6 games, is he going to stand by what he said?.. Just a daft thing to say imo. Been on the red wine by the looks of it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:33 - Oct 15 with 1968 views2Thomas2Bowles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:28 - Oct 15 by isawqpratwcity

What difference does it make that Holloway took a while to get results last time? Early in the 12-13 season the excuse was 'Hughes needs ten matches for his team to gel', complete bollox. And he was sacked after only ten and a half months, any complaints? Not from me.

But I didn't want either Ramsey or Hasselbaink to be gone after eleven months, either, although that wasn't the general consensus around here. And they were both operating under the same 'slash the wage bill/cut the squad' regime, too, at least as stringent as Holloway.

And I'm still not calling for Holloway's head yet. I think he should have been replaced after his one game escape last season, but he's here now, so review again in November/December. And at the moment, I'm not convinced either way.

And I'm still not calling for Holloway's head yet

But you have the dagger ready in your hand as always Right ?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:50 - Oct 15 with 1937 viewsTacticalR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:33 - Oct 15 by Northernr

You joke but this time last year he was saying that stuff about JFH and this time last year + a fortnight JFH was gone after a draw at Nottingham Forest.

As I said on Twitter tonight, it's not helpful fernandes being on Twitter listening to that bile. Several of the replies to those tweets were people saying we should be signing Charlie Austin on loan because he's only a sub at Southampton. I mean how lacking in awareness do you have to be to think that might be an option?

It's when he tweets that the squad is good enough for promotion that you know that his annual full-blown manic episode has begun.

Air hostess clique

I know it's the Sun, but... on 00:00 - Oct 16 with 1925 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:06 - Oct 15 by superhoopdownunder

I hope this is a bullshit article.

Holloway should not be sacked
Our performances this season have improved however our results have not (yet) reflected this. We are playing good football and everyone seems to be putting in.

This is the happiest I have been with QPR since the one magic season with Adel, Warnock and Amit. Prior to that there was an amazing month under Magilton in 2009 and before that it was Holloway back in 2004

We finally seem to have stability with ownership, off the field with the right people in the right roles and our recruitment seems to have improved in recent times (less bad eggs, improved quality at little cost)
We are rebuilding.
The club is getting its soul back and now is closer to the QPR that I fell in love with over 45 years ago.

We have 2 excellent keepers (Smithies and Lumley)
One of the best midfields in the division (with depth)
We have had a number of injuries to defenders which has not helped.
We probably need to strengthen the defence and get a natural goalscorer in the January transfer window (perhaps bring Eze back) and off load quite a few of the fringe players who are not good enough (we have 35 in the squad - far too many - we still need to move on the likes of Caulker and Jet).

Finally I do like Jackett - but my preference for next manager (hopefully in many years time after Holloway has retired) would be Gareth Ainsworth.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 23:40]

Completely this.

Our fans have to have the maturity not to react to crap articles in The Sun and our chairperson has to get off Twitter so his quotes don't form the basis of a crap article from The Standard.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I know it's the Sun, but... on 06:17 - Oct 16 with 1834 viewstimcocking

? Surely not? We've basically been doing fantastically well, considering our strikers are pretty poor (well apart from the possibly half decent one who isn't played) and we've had no fit defenders at all, constantly changing.

We're close to being a good team. I'd find a change now almost inconcievable, unless there's something going on in the background.

I like Kenny Jackett though, imagine we all do.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:44 - Oct 16 with 1706 viewsstevec

Based on the players Ollie has bought in on the very cheap, Scowen, Freeman, Baptiste, and even Smith, who have all been a step up on what we already had, think he's only handicapped by some of the players he inherited.

Was it Ollie who bought in Paul Furlong, Gallen and Thorpe? If so, clearly has an eye for a forward so imagine the inactivity in that area is almost certainly down to the board and not him. Hardly a sackable offence.
Login to get fewer ads

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:49 - Oct 16 with 1697 viewsDorse

'Twitter Abuses QPR Manager Shock'

I think the Twitterati suffer from such a massive irony failure that they must be positively dangerous in real life. The kind of 'pub terrier' little bloke who sits at the end of the bar making pronouncements pertaining to his hardness, being needlessly aggressive, generally to a largely embarrassed silence that he takes as affirmation. The 'tuat o' nine tales' type who has shagged, drunk, fought or escaped from absolutely everything despite no evidence to support his confident claims. If you've been to Tenerife, he's been to Elevenerife.

Why TF wants anything to do with Twitter completely escapes me. Seriously - this is the platform of choice for Donald J Trump! Kind of says everything you need to know about it.

Since Ollie has arrived there has been a palpable change at QPR. This isn't only about him but look at how the club is behaving. Forever Rs, the higher profile of QPR In The Community, Rainbow Rs, Furs, Sinton, Birch, young players coming through, the return of an actual scouting network, the Ellerslie Road bogs water pressure - we feel like we've got 'our' Rangers back. And the style of play, attitude and drive of the players is so much better.

And yet, the mouth breathing toast toppers of Twitter want to return to the model we have seen consistently and embarrassingly fail for the last 5 years. Unbelievable. Just when it looks like we might have a plan and a bit of stability to achieve it, they pop up with TF abuse, call for another manager and The Sun starts stirring the pot.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:54 - Oct 16 with 1687 viewsstevec

''If you've been to Tenerife, he's been to Elevenerife''.... I like that.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:08 - Oct 16 with 1657 viewsSimonJames

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:47 - Oct 15 by daveB

JFH wasn't sacked only for results, it was also the way we were playing and we were on a pretty poor run and getting worse with each game when he went.

Sir Les said last year:
"QPR have always been a frontfoot attacking team if you go back as far as you like to the Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh eras.
...He [Ollie] understands the football club and the fans and what was needed, so it was an obvious choice for us.
...AS WE ALL KNOW IT'S A RESULTS BUSINESS THOUGH. Ian knows that, but we believe he’s the right man.”

And one year on, the playing is much improved but the "results" aren't.

Personally I hope IH stays and finds a way to get Sylla and Smith scoring more goals. Everything else will be better once that happens.

100% of people who drink water will die.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:10 - Oct 16 with 1657 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:46 - Oct 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Fect the stats

JFH = utter shite football

IH =1000% better football than under JFH

As others have said here and on other threads, injures and lack of a good goal scorer is the problem, not the manager.

It was the points gained by JFH that prevented us being relegated last season. Holloway’s points-per-game would’ve seen us playing in League 1 this season. ATAF.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:33 - Oct 16 with 1612 viewsdaveB

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:10 - Oct 16 by Northolt_Rs

It was the points gained by JFH that prevented us being relegated last season. Holloway’s points-per-game would’ve seen us playing in League 1 this season. ATAF.

Whilst the number of points we lost under JFH also played a part in why we finished so low in the table
I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:44 - Oct 16 with 1593 views2Thomas2Bowles

How's he doing at Northampton
Still going for those 0-6 home defeats I see

P13 W2 D2 L9 8 23 -15 8
Last 5 results LDLLL

Utter shite manager
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 10:49]

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:48 - Oct 16 with 1585 viewsPunteR

The JFH v Holloway debate has been done to death hasnt it..?
This team is a better , more entertaining side then the JFH side.
I haven't seen anyone say if only we had Polter back.
Its quite simple really, were just not scoring goals. Get that department right and we'll have a decent team.
We dont have to sack the manager to do that. Its still work in progress. We're not playoff contenders just yet but we are going in the right direction.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:20 - Oct 16 with 1538 viewsMick_S

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:54 - Oct 16 by stevec

''If you've been to Tenerife, he's been to Elevenerife''.... I like that.

Lazy b'stard alert.

I like that, who said it?

Ta.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:26 - Oct 16 with 1526 viewsstevec

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:20 - Oct 16 by Mick_S

Lazy b'stard alert.

I like that, who said it?

Ta.

Ha Ha, can't say I'd ever heard it before Dorse comment.

Clearly, I need to get out more.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:32 - Oct 16 with 1514 viewsMick_S

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:26 - Oct 16 by stevec

Ha Ha, can't say I'd ever heard it before Dorse comment.

Clearly, I need to get out more.

One post above yours.

Well done me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:35 - Oct 16 with 1506 viewsTheChef

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:15 - Oct 15 by Antti_Heinola

is that a sackable offence these days?

Dear God. I wonder how many of these fans are young keyboard warriors who have no knowledge of the kind of results Ollie got last time around before things got much better. You'd think eventually people would notice that swapping the manager every 11 months isn't actually making any difference and maybe thing are just a *tiny* bit more complex than that. But apparently not.

You'd think that was the case. But you look at their profiles and a lot of them seem to be older 'fans' who you think would know a lot better.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 14:31 - Oct 16 with 1411 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:48 - Oct 16 by PunteR

The JFH v Holloway debate has been done to death hasnt it..?
This team is a better , more entertaining side then the JFH side.
I haven't seen anyone say if only we had Polter back.
Its quite simple really, were just not scoring goals. Get that department right and we'll have a decent team.
We dont have to sack the manager to do that. Its still work in progress. We're not playoff contenders just yet but we are going in the right direction.

Holloways has had ample opportunity to get goals out of our strikers. Now it may well be that said strikers are not up to the job so we need to bring in others. It seems there is no money for that option so do we stay as we are and hope or do we change the manager and hope he has more luck with what he has. I cannot see how after all this time Holloway can get any more out of the strikers so he needs to get the money to change the personnel or let somebody else have a go with what we have got.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 16:22 - Oct 16 with 1369 viewsswisscottage

I know it's the Sun, but... on 14:31 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

Holloways has had ample opportunity to get goals out of our strikers. Now it may well be that said strikers are not up to the job so we need to bring in others. It seems there is no money for that option so do we stay as we are and hope or do we change the manager and hope he has more luck with what he has. I cannot see how after all this time Holloway can get any more out of the strikers so he needs to get the money to change the personnel or let somebody else have a go with what we have got.

seriously?!?

You are aware we are second for shots per game to Brentford, and joint second shots on target per game behind Hull.

That in combination with our goals conceded which is in part due to injuries, is why the results aren't going our way despite mostly good performances.

I really don't see how another manager coming in at this stage is going to a) improve the injury situation to our centre halves or b) improve striker conversion rates.

People need to get a grip!.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:04 - Oct 16 with 1337 viewsPunteR

Holloways has had ample opportunity to get goals out of our strikers...?

We're not even halfway through the season.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:37 - Oct 16 with 1309 viewsSimonJames

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:33 - Oct 16 by daveB

Whilst the number of points we lost under JFH also played a part in why we finished so low in the table

There you go with your fatuous, non fact based sweeping statements again...

Derby were on the same number of points (20) as us when IH took over and yet they managed to acquire 47 points (versus our 33) from their remaining 30 games and finish 9th in the table.

Likewise Cardiff were on 15 points (5 BELOW US) but managed to pick up another 47 points and finish 12th.

And Wolves were 3 points below us and got another 41 points to finish 5 points above us.

Even Blackburn, who got relegated, managed to pick up 38 points!

In fact only Wigan (relegated), Rotherham (relegated) and Birmingham (self sabotaged) managed to pick up less points then we did after IH took over.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 18:00]

100% of people who drink water will die.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:40 - Oct 16 with 1302 viewsNorthernr

I love how in modern football 11 months and just shy of one season's worth of games is classed as "all this time".
I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:46 - Oct 16 with 1245 viewsLongsufferingR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:44 - Oct 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

How's he doing at Northampton
Still going for those 0-6 home defeats I see

P13 W2 D2 L9 8 23 -15 8
Last 5 results LDLLL

Utter shite manager
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 10:49]

Bit harsh to blame him for the defeats before he took over but whatever floats your boat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024