Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? 20:37 - Jan 1 with 9839 viewsEsox_Lucius

Given the free scoring abilities of the U 23's and the style they play I would like to see a side consisting of..
1. Lumley
2. Furlong
3. Hamailainen
4. Phillips
5. Paul
6. Chair
7. Shodipo
8. Manning
9. Eze (if back) or Oteh
10. Smyth
11. Tilt
Bench:
Smithies
Lynch
Hall
Wheeler
Osayi-Samuel
Goss
With some decent preparation and a game plan I feel this would be good enough to see of a (currently) poor MK Dons side and give the fans an opportunity to see just how good some of our youngsters are.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 20:40]

The grass is always greener.

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 16:02 - Jan 5 with 1624 viewstoboboly

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 15:52 - Jan 5 by kensalriser

£67.5k probably doesn't even cover win bonuses. No wonder we throw it every year!

It would cover a lot of other wages though, isn't just the playing squad we have to cover each season. Besides if you win 3 games (not hard depending on your draw) you get £337,500, not to be sniffed at when you also factor in ticket sales.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 16:33 - Jan 5 with 1593 viewsPinnerPaul

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 16:02 - Jan 5 by toboboly

It would cover a lot of other wages though, isn't just the playing squad we have to cover each season. Besides if you win 3 games (not hard depending on your draw) you get £337,500, not to be sniffed at when you also factor in ticket sales.

'If you win 3 games - not hard'

With our record??????
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 16:35 - Jan 5 with 1588 viewsHendonHoop

1. Kenny
2. Clement
3. Sansom
4. McClintock
5. MacDonald
6. Masson
7. Wilkins
8. Francis
9. Givens
10. Marsh
11. Thomas

Subs. Springett ( R ), Dennis, Parker , Bowles, Givens and Lazarus.

Well, I can dream can't I ?
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 16:38 - Jan 5 with 1582 viewsHendonHoop

Sorry, Take out Givens as Sub and put in Leighton James.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 17:05 - Jan 5 with 1538 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Primarily for reasons of squad management and motivation I think there are going to be at least six or seven changes from Monday's team.

Lumley certain to replace Smithies
Eze certain to play
Manning has to be given a chance
Wszolek needs to be involved
Hall assuming fit will want to get him back in the starting 11 asap
Wheeler?
Furlong?

Rested
Freeman too important to League prospects to play in this one
Robinson, has had a lot of games for an injury prone player
Smith
After four games in 9 days, Ollie would really like to rest more.

If Smith is rested he will probably play Sylla with Smyth

Team something like
Lumley
Furlong
Onuoha
Hall (Lynch)
Wszolek
Scowen
Bidwell
Manning
Eze
Smyth
Sylla

So just like 80-90% of the teams in the Championship QPR will field nothing like next Saturday's team. All the managers have the same issues keeping the squad motivated and giving opportunities. If you were a manager you would end up doing the same, whatever you say.

Backing MK Dons seems like the percentage play. They may be poor but they are a team. Which counts for a lot.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 17:14 - Jan 5 with 1527 viewsNorthernr

Just to throw in, our strategy of resting players for the league games doesn't work - we've won only four of our last 16 matches immediately following one of our FA Cup debacles.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 17:18 - Jan 5 with 1519 viewsdaveB

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 17:14 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Just to throw in, our strategy of resting players for the league games doesn't work - we've won only four of our last 16 matches immediately following one of our FA Cup debacles.

If we do it like the league cup and previous FA Cups and pick a completely new team with players never likely to play in the league then we deserve to lose and Holloway will get slated.

Some players will need a rest though and making 4/5 changes to the team with some decent hungry players coming into the side shouldn't weaken us to the point where we can't win a home game against a league one side.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 17:32 - Jan 5 with 1500 viewsToast_R

None of them should be rested. They need a hard game they should win the breathe some confidence into the team. A chance to get two wins on the spin again, don't pass it up.

Too important for our league propsects????
Login to get fewer ads

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 18:26 - Jan 5 with 1458 viewsAntti_Heinola

Also, they'll have had a few days since the last game and a week until Burton. It's not a ludicrous schedule.

Bare bones.

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 1417 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

If it was mainly about resting players that would be a valid point.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 19:15 - Jan 5 with 1414 viewssmegma

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 17:08 - Jan 2 by oldmisery

Spoke to Darnell Furlong yesterday. He made it quite clear that he is fit and available for selection!

Hasn't played for the under 23s or first team in months. Bound to start then.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 19:18 - Jan 5 with 1409 viewssmegma

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 16:02 - Jan 5 by toboboly

That works out at about a grand each for all the players on our books.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 19:18]
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 19:21 - Jan 5 with 1403 viewsTripleR

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 16:35 - Jan 5 by HendonHoop

1. Kenny
2. Clement
3. Sansom
4. McClintock
5. MacDonald
6. Masson
7. Wilkins
8. Francis
9. Givens
10. Marsh
11. Thomas

Subs. Springett ( R ), Dennis, Parker , Bowles, Givens and Lazarus.

Well, I can dream can't I ?

Are you mad! Stan as a substitute, our best player, ever. No room for Phil Parkes, our best goalie ever and Don Givens at No9 and on the bench,
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 19:32 - Jan 5 with 1391 viewskensalriser

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 19:21 - Jan 5 by TripleR

Are you mad! Stan as a substitute, our best player, ever. No room for Phil Parkes, our best goalie ever and Don Givens at No9 and on the bench,

These players are old, very old, old and unwell, or dead.

What happened to giving youth a chance?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:17 - Jan 5 with 1316 viewsRoller

I'm sure that most of us going would like to see Eze play, especially bearing in mind the 17 mins we saw of him this time last season.

I'd like to see Hämäläinen get another match and this must be a good opportunity to blood either Phillips or Paul in the centre.

Ideally we would be in a position to bring on another couple of young players later in the match.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:22 - Jan 5 with 1312 viewsHendonHoop

I did say I can only dream can't I ? also I did correct the Givens sub error. Also recall sometimes that Wilkins wore the No. 7 shirt and that didn't make him a centre forward. I didn't expect to be taken seriously and I thought the game was all about opinions.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 23:32 - Jan 5 with 1249 viewsFDC

It's a weird one because usually id be annoyed at the idea of making lots of changes but on this occasion I'm quite keen to see starts for a number of players on the edge of the first team
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 03:43 - Jan 6 with 1167 viewsDannyPaddox

Dropping Freeman will be a mistake. Though low down in League 1 MK pulled off a remarkable result during the Christmas fixtures. At home to promotion challengers and neighbours Peterborough, they played the last hour of the game with 9 (NINE) men and came away with a 1-0 win. It suggests they know how to put numbers behind then ball and a concrete cow in front of the goal. We'll need all the creativity we can muster to get round them and that means playing Freeman. Holly I know you read this board. Pick your strongest team. Play to win!

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 07:32 - Jan 6 with 1122 viewsdistortR

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 16:00 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

Cheers, I was obviously looking in the wrong place!

typical bloody ref
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 12:55 - Jan 6 with 1033 viewskarl

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 15:41 - Jan 5 by toboboly

He better not just throw Perch and Lynch in as well as some poor bastard he finds behind the back of the sofa.

I'd go...

...............Smithies..........
.......Hall..Ned..Robinson.......
Furlong............................Niko
Manning...Scowen...Freeman...
............Smyth...Smith..............

With Oteh/Eze etc on the bench and brought in when we are 4 up with 30 mins remaining.

WE NEED TO WIN THIS

More or less exactly what i would go for, can see Smithies being rested and don't have a huge issue with that.
Make some changes but a solid core for incoming players to work off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024