Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burton away 09:26 - Jan 8 with 8951 viewsterryb

Now that the annual waste of the first Saturday of January has passed us, we return to the important matter of the trip to Burton.

I will be making one of my infrequent away trips & would ask the veterans of past visits for advice on street parking & which pub to quench my thirst in.

At present I'm favouring the Burton Bridge Inn (trad bitter a must) which is about a 30 minute walk to the ground & hopefully the car can be parked in the estate (Sydney Street) between the town centre & the ground.

All advice will be greatly received.

Thanks

Burton away on 10:22 - Jan 8 with 5500 viewssmegma

Whenever I've been we always park in The Beech Hotel on Derby Road, ten minutes along the road from the ground.
Burton away on 10:56 - Jan 8 with 5467 viewstoboboly

Loads of pubs and they all do ale. Went to the friendly game last year and there weren't any issues with the locals, was a great little town.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Burton away on 11:52 - Jan 8 with 5384 viewsDieByYourSide

900ish sold already going by online box office. Good effort.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Burton away on 12:19 - Jan 8 with 5341 viewsthame_hoops

Last time. (Sept2016?) we parked at a local microbewery on a small ind Est. Was a 10 min walk and on route was a fantastic fish and chip restaurant
Burton away on 18:18 - Jan 8 with 5099 viewsterryb

Burton away on 12:19 - Jan 8 by thame_hoops

Last time. (Sept2016?) we parked at a local microbewery on a small ind Est. Was a 10 min walk and on route was a fantastic fish and chip restaurant

Thanks for the replies.

Would that be the Burton Town Brewery, Thame? That is one of the outlets on my list!
Burton away on 19:12 - Jan 8 with 5004 viewsJAPRANGERS

Bonus game??
Burton away on 19:40 - Jan 8 with 4948 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not a must win I fear it will be ugly if we put in one of our typical away performances.

Dyer to score first always worth a punt.
Burton away on 20:14 - Jan 8 with 4877 viewsEsox_Lucius

Definitely head for Burton Town Brewery, there is somewhere to park (free!) and a lovely fish & chip shop on the way to he ground from there, or beforehand should you wish. I ended up buying a case of Burton IPA but I can recommend the Thomcat too.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Burton away on 22:24 - Jan 8 with 4714 viewsthame_hoops

Burton away on 18:18 - Jan 8 by terryb

Thanks for the replies.

Would that be the Burton Town Brewery, Thame? That is one of the outlets on my list!

Yes that’s it, get there early to park
Burton away on 03:56 - Jan 9 with 4590 viewsLadbrokeR

Burton away on 12:19 - Jan 8 by thame_hoops

We went there but I can’t remember what it was called.
Burton away on 04:11 - Jan 9 with 4587 viewsLadbrokeR

Burton away on 03:56 - Jan 9 by LadbrokeR

We went there but I can’t remember what it was called.

Its called Burton Town Brewery.
Burton away on 07:40 - Jan 9 with 4513 viewsTheChef

Burton away on 04:11 - Jan 9 by LadbrokeR

Its called Burton Town Brewery.

Yes we went there too.

Awful place.

Terrible beer.

Horrendous parking.

Don't go there.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Burton away on 08:12 - Jan 9 with 4476 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Burton away on 09:20 - Jan 9 with 4417 viewsOnlyMe

My instinct is for a 0-1 defeat (unless, for whatever reason, the defence Clough picks can'r handle high balls into the box). We don't get enough people forward (unless losing and entering added-on time) and we're always likely to concede one goal so what else is there to bet on?

My only hope is that, from Monday, all the managerial staff will have sat down with the players and looked at all possible recent recordings of Burton (as a team and as individuals) and analysed the f*** out of it all.

What I suspect is a team turned out based on how well they did in training and instructions along the lines of "Remember, this is a really BIG match so go out, do what we do and give it everything. It's all down to you."
Burton away on 09:49 - Jan 9 with 4375 viewsbosh67

Burton away on 19:12 - Jan 8 by JAPRANGERS

Bonus game??

Yup. God we have an atrocious record there. Anyone going it's a nice enough area. Find a pub, go in, stay there, come home.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Burton away on 10:20 - Jan 9 with 4336 viewsHarbour

Need a draw minimum ...a loss will put us deep in it...again
Burton away on 12:30 - Jan 9 with 4231 viewsManinBlack

Burton are garbage at home, not won since September against Fulham, and we are garbage away. It will be awful to watch so stay at home or in the pub and don't let hope take over your thoughts that this time it will be different.

Burton are in need of someone to let them win at home and there is no better club than QPR to allow that to happen as another charitable donation on our part. We are mentally weak whereas at least Burton have won three away league games in a row plus they won at Millwall, where we treat the New Den like the City Ground.
Burton away on 13:14 - Jan 9 with 4165 viewsTheChef

Burton away on 12:30 - Jan 9 by ManinBlack

Burton are garbage at home, not won since September against Fulham, and we are garbage away. It will be awful to watch so stay at home or in the pub and don't let hope take over your thoughts that this time it will be different.

Burton are in need of someone to let them win at home and there is no better club than QPR to allow that to happen as another charitable donation on our part. We are mentally weak whereas at least Burton have won three away league games in a row plus they won at Millwall, where we treat the New Den like the City Ground.

"Burton are garbage at home, not won since September against Fulham"

Oh dear God no...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Burton away on 15:51 - Jan 9 with 4072 viewsPinnerPaul

Burton away on 12:30 - Jan 9 by ManinBlack

Don't think we looked 'mentally weak' coming from a goal (from a disputed penalty) down to beat Cardiff?
Burton away on 16:00 - Jan 9 with 4057 viewsstevec

Burton away on 15:51 - Jan 9 by PinnerPaul

Don't think we looked 'mentally weak' coming from a goal (from a disputed penalty) down to beat Cardiff?

We'll we are mentally weak away from home. That and not good enough.

Recall earlier this season a lot of comment on how the fans getting on their backs was affecting them and yet our home record is fairly decent compared to an abysmal away record, invariably in front of about 3 to 400 fans, generally stuck up in some far away corner of the ground.

Guess that puts that one to bed.
Burton away on 16:09 - Jan 9 with 4040 viewsDesertBoot

1000 tickets sold for Burton

Wish I could be like David Watts

Burton away on 16:39 - Jan 9 with 4003 viewsManinBlack

Burton away on 16:00 - Jan 9 by stevec

We'll we are mentally weak away from home. That and not good enough.

Recall earlier this season a lot of comment on how the fans getting on their backs was affecting them and yet our home record is fairly decent compared to an abysmal away record, invariably in front of about 3 to 400 fans, generally stuck up in some far away corner of the ground.

Guess that puts that one to bed.

Correct. My mentally weak comment was directed at our away form although you can probably apply it to our cup performances too home and away.

For the record Burton's last eight home games have resulted in them drawing one and losing 7 so the arrival of QPR is just what the doc ordered for that elusive home win.
Burton away on 18:18 - Jan 9 with 3927 viewsBoston

One from Boston. Never been there before, looking forward to it. Going by train....they are running, right?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Burton away on 18:51 - Jan 9 with 3903 viewsterryb

Burton away on 18:18 - Jan 9 by Boston

One from Boston. Never been there before, looking forward to it. Going by train....they are running, right?

Have a good trip over Boston.
Burton away on 22:17 - Jan 9 with 3777 viewsisawqpratwcity

Burton away on 18:18 - Jan 9 by Boston

Going by train from Boston?....Rrrright...

Hey, ever thought of doing an Awaydays-type post?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024