Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! 19:24 - Mar 30 with 12729 viewsridethewave

Jesus. Holloway's magic roundabout continues.
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:30 - Mar 30 with 2517 viewssmegma

And had he scored Ollie would be heralded as a genius. We lost a game. Played well second half. Get over it. We will still be playing in the Championship come August. Just won 4 points from 3 consecutive away games after reading on here we would get zilch.

Looking forward to Monday after a 23 day gap since our last home game.
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:30 - Mar 30 with 2517 viewsridethewave

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:10 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘Of all the results in all the month in all the season, he comments on this one’

Where you been mate?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 20:11]

Excuse me for having an opinion. I recently commented on the fantastic results of the past 4 games and the way the team played after having switched to a back four, don't attempt to wipe me with the "only comments when we lose" brush, that's totally unjustified.
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:33 - Mar 30 with 2508 viewsVancouverHoop

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:08 - Mar 30 by Match82

Not exactly unheard of for a left back to be taking pens. Stuart Pearce and Clive Wilson come to mind.

The problem isn't that he's a left back it's that he's Jake Bidwell.

And, honestly, that isn't meant as a criticism of him. He's played well recently, and was one of our better players today (low bar). He's just not someone who takes many dead balls, including corners or free-kicks. Then there were the conditions, which weren't great for anyone but add more pressure when doing something you're not particularly used to. I can't see it as anything other than a bone-headed call.
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:34 - Mar 30 with 2507 viewsridethewave

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:30 - Mar 30 by smegma

And had he scored Ollie would be heralded as a genius. We lost a game. Played well second half. Get over it. We will still be playing in the Championship come August. Just won 4 points from 3 consecutive away games after reading on here we would get zilch.

Looking forward to Monday after a 23 day gap since our last home game.

I don't think anyone would be calling Holloway a genius for drawing at Reading.

I am entitled to express where I think we went wrong today, just as I have also expressed where I believe we went right over the past four games you mentioned. I've not called for Holloway's head, insulted him, attacked him personally or been rude in any way. Please don't comment on here as if we're not allowed to discuss a football match openly.

Opinions are what make good football, otherwise we'd all be right, and life would be boring!

Anyway, role on Monday, as you say.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 20:38]
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:36 - Mar 30 with 2495 viewsDunstable_hoop

Ian Harte wouldn’t have had a career if left backs weren’t allowed!!
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:39 - Mar 30 with 2481 viewsted_hendrix

Think Bidwell had a hard time of it before taking the penalty, from the whistle being blown until he actually took it took an eternity, the fake players were in his face up to the point when one of them knocked the ball out of his hand and was rightly booked.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:57 - Mar 30 with 2437 viewsEsox_Lucius

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:08 - Mar 30 by Match82

Not exactly unheard of for a left back to be taking pens. Stuart Pearce and Clive Wilson come to mind.

LB Jim Langley took all QPR penalties and never missed one. Like clockwork.

The grass is always greener.

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 21:04 - Mar 30 with 2416 viewscolinallcars

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:57 - Mar 30 by Esox_Lucius

LB Jim Langley took all QPR penalties and never missed one. Like clockwork.

Jim was a bit special, they wouldn't have put him off. I guess, given the poor shooting evidenced by the more forward players, Bidwell was a decent choice, most players miss a pen eventually. I wonder who'll take it if we get one on Monday.
Login to get fewer ads

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 21:05 - Mar 30 with 2414 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Turns out you can’t blame Holloway for this one.

See you at the next defeat.

https://t.co/kjnu89n7dC?amp=1
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 21:10 - Mar 30 with 2393 viewsridethewave

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 21:05 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Turns out you can’t blame Holloway for this one.

See you at the next defeat.

https://t.co/kjnu89n7dC?amp=1

"See you at the next defeat."

Aren't you mature.

Holloway that furious, he had plenty of time to step in and tell someone else to take it.

However, as has been pointed out by another poster and indeed Holloway himself, the fact that none of the forwards/attakers even looked like they wanted it or made any effort to take it says more about the other players on the pitch than about Bidwell in this instance.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 21:21]
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 21:21 - Mar 30 with 2352 viewsTacticalR

Our forwards don't score so there is no point in them taking penalties.

Air hostess clique

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 21:43 - Mar 30 with 2295 viewsdistortR

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:39 - Mar 30 by ted_hendrix

Think Bidwell had a hard time of it before taking the penalty, from the whistle being blown until he actually took it took an eternity, the fake players were in his face up to the point when one of them knocked the ball out of his hand and was rightly booked.

That's actually pretty poor behaviour. While it was going on, the ball should have been given to luongo to put some reverse swing on it.
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:11 - Mar 30 with 2233 viewsLblock

I refuse to believe that Freeman or Eze didn't want to take it.

That Ollie article from WLS looks like typical deflection fluff to me and it's just horseshit.

Lets take the Villa and Foolham results to the side and just look at how our coaching staff have conducted our away performances over the season. It's a fcukin disgrace and an insult to us travelling fans.
Today was tinkerbell bollix just for the fcukin sake of it. If you're targetting a game to win over Easter then this one has to be it, especially off the back of previous games. Why change key areas? Why play Toshington ever again? It's just maddening and Ollie continually burns credit with people when he could so easily be building it.

If we spiral into another April of mindless meddling and start a run of defeats then I'm going to have to break my vow on Sir Ollie. FFS man - leave it alone, keep it simple, keep it together and stop tinkering about and spouting bullshizen.

And breathe.........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:15 - Mar 30 with 2223 viewscolinallcars

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:11 - Mar 30 by Lblock

That Ollie article from WLS looks like typical deflection fluff to me and it's just horseshit.

Lets take the Villa and Foolham results to the side and just look at how our coaching staff have conducted our away performances over the season. It's a fcukin disgrace and an insult to us travelling fans.
Today was tinkerbell bollix just for the fcukin sake of it. If you're targetting a game to win over Easter then this one has to be it, especially off the back of previous games. Why change key areas? Why play Toshington ever again? It's just maddening and Ollie continually burns credit with people when he could so easily be building it.

If we spiral into another April of mindless meddling and start a run of defeats then I'm going to have to break my vow on Sir Ollie. FFS man - leave it alone, keep it simple, keep it together and stop tinkering about and spouting bullshizen.

And breathe.........

You're not terribly enamoured of Mr Holloway are you ?😏
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:24 - Mar 30 with 2200 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well I am fed up with IH playing CW but we lost to a very good goal and battered them the rest of the game.
Being able to take our chances has been a problem all season but it's mostly been down to the players not being good enough in front of goal, so many shots and headers off target from a number of players.

I'm not sure you can blame IH for that.. apart from him keep playing CW.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 22:26]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:27 - Mar 30 with 2191 viewsqpr1976

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 20:21 - Mar 30 by Stanisgod

Ray Stewart anyone? To be fair those mentioned were also class full backs.

The other West Ham full back, bald head, also played golf to a high level ?
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:46 - Mar 30 with 2144 viewsbob566

Denis irwin was pretty handy as a left back tacking frees and penalties.
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:52 - Mar 30 with 2127 viewsVancouverHoop

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:24 - Mar 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well I am fed up with IH playing CW but we lost to a very good goal and battered them the rest of the game.
Being able to take our chances has been a problem all season but it's mostly been down to the players not being good enough in front of goal, so many shots and headers off target from a number of players.

I'm not sure you can blame IH for that.. apart from him keep playing CW.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 22:26]

Yes the misses. But more than that. How many times does a move stall on the edge of the penalty area? We then pass it around for a bit (giving the oppo plenty of time to set up defensively) until someone blasts a shot toward the goal. It hits the first player ricochets into the air, over our entire team – bar Lynch, Ned, and Smithies – who are then faced with stopping a breakaway. This is schoolboy stuff isn't it? Only Freeman – who tends to overplay the ball – and Eze – who doesn't – ever seem to take a player on.
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:52 - Mar 30 with 2124 viewsbosh67

I think the only thing Bidwell did wrong was not to slam it down the middle. He hit it hard enough, goalkeeper guessed right. Always slam them down the middle if in doubt.

The real problem is TWENTY SEVEN chances and no goals.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 23:12 - Mar 30 with 2081 viewsEsox_Lucius

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:27 - Mar 30 by qpr1976

The other West Ham full back, bald head, also played golf to a high level ?

Julian Dicks?

The grass is always greener.

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 23:25 - Mar 30 with 2041 viewsflynnbo

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 23:12 - Mar 30 by Esox_Lucius

Julian Dicks?

Dicks out!
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 00:03 - Mar 31 with 1971 viewsmylot50years

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 22:11 - Mar 30 by Lblock

And breathe.........

You are spot on, continuity on the back of two good away performance's was all that was required,and by the strength of the bench that was achievable today. Players should have to earn their place in the starting line up, and as we see so many times under Holloway that's not on his agenda and it would appear unlikely ever to be the case, so for the club to have any chance of progressing in the future he has to be thanked for his efforts and come the summer fck him off. He doesn't deserve the loyal away support a lot of us have given him this season.
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 01:00 - Mar 31 with 1906 viewsozexile

Even when we look like we've found a good line up we change it. We're just a club that's content to lose football matches.
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 02:06 - Mar 31 with 1866 viewstimcocking

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 19:26 - Mar 30 by ridethewave

Just infuriated with that one I'm afraid. Sounds like we played well but that's just taking the p*ss.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 19:27]

But he's our penalty taker?

I like to think the coaching staff can who work with the players every day are able to see who's the most consistent penalty taker. It's him. He's missed one, sh!t happens. Rooney missed about 100 penalties.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 2:11]
Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 02:13 - Mar 31 with 1862 viewstimcocking

Here we go again... Bidwell taking our penalties?! on 19:31 - Mar 30 by ridethewave

I agree, never done it before!

Well if you were able not to try it, but actually get up and ride, you'd immediately understand it's the best sport ever invented.

It's also about the hardest sport a person could take up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024