Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread 11:34 - Apr 21 with 12642 viewsbosh67

For all Ollie's bluster our almost total lack of available defenders and the prospect of the reserve goalkeeper being thrown to the lions means that I am not too hopeful today.

My heart hopes that we can steal a draw today but I am kind of expecting another thrashing. Brentford boss Dean Smith said he expects us to play for pride and the players to play for their places against them. He evidently hasn't double checked any of our recent London derby history.

I think our best hope is to try and convince Brentford that it would be a good idea if their players wear our kit today and ours wear theirs. That way we may pull off a result but I suspect they won't fall for that. Worth a try though.

2-2 or 4-0 Brentford I fear.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:03 - Apr 21 with 2565 viewsisawqpratwcity

A penalty save and an equaliser adds up to a reasonable half. I hope Ingram's ok.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:06 - Apr 21 with 2521 viewsqprd

Some first half thoughts from out here in the far east

The attack:
QPR were pretty poor going forward. It stemmed from the spine. Baptiste, a right footer, playing on the left and Furlong, a right back, are just not comfortable playing out of the back. Its just hoofball after hoofball. Add in Ingram's mediocre distribution, thus far, and its led to very poor play going forward.

The midfield 3 has not been particularly sharp, either. But they haven't had too much of the ball, as Baptiste, Ingram and Furlong have just been punting long.

Smyth and Wzolek have been very quiet. So has Sylla, other than his goal. But that's Sylla's game. He doesn't give you much, but then suddenly scores out of nowhere.

The defense:
Brentford has clearly been on the front foot, but QPRs defence has held up well. Baptiste and Furlong have done well with the last ditch defending for the most part. Bidwell is steady, as always. Kakay having a solid game thus far. You can tell he's a bit nervous to get too tight to his man in possession, but he's playing well. Keep it up son.

Ingram:
I'm glad Ingram is ok. Its pretty shocking that a keeper can be on the ground for 3-4 minutes with a head injury and just get up and try to stop a penalty. FA needs to take head injuries serious, because it was obvious he wasn't right when he got up.

Ingram has been Ingram thus far. Mediocre distribution, but good shot stopping. He also is very nervous to kick with his right foot, which is going to be a problem.

Ingram's number 1 weakness is his unwillingness to leave his line, which he did again on the penalty

Official:
The official has been horrendous. Woods (who along with Sawyers are the best players on the pitch) should have been sent off for elbowing Mass. Ingram should have been sent off, too.

A pretty chippy affair

Second half:
Rangers have been poor going forward. Before we scored, i thought Ollie had one of two choices:

First, he could decide to try to play through midfield instead of the hoof. This would require bringing on Eze to link up the deep lying midfielders and the forwards. I would probably substitute Smyth for Eze.

Alternatively, if we're going to stay loyal to hoofball, you might as well bring on Matt Smith and just pump long balls. I would have said to have taken off Sylla, but now that he's scored, i think you have to keep Sylla on.

Lets see......crappy game, but entertaining
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:11 - Apr 21 with 2423 viewsVancouverHoop

Agree with most of that. Except I think the ref's had a decent game. Yes, he could have handed out at least two red cards, but he's let the game flow (as much as it could!) If he'd called more we'd have had nothing but whistles and gamesmanship. As it is, it's relatively entertaining and competitive.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 16:11]
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:14 - Apr 21 with 2352 viewsCamberleyR

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:06 - Apr 21 by qprd

Some first half thoughts from out here in the far east

The attack:
QPR were pretty poor going forward. It stemmed from the spine. Baptiste, a right footer, playing on the left and Furlong, a right back, are just not comfortable playing out of the back. Its just hoofball after hoofball. Add in Ingram's mediocre distribution, thus far, and its led to very poor play going forward.

The midfield 3 has not been particularly sharp, either. But they haven't had too much of the ball, as Baptiste, Ingram and Furlong have just been punting long.

Smyth and Wzolek have been very quiet. So has Sylla, other than his goal. But that's Sylla's game. He doesn't give you much, but then suddenly scores out of nowhere.

The defense:
Brentford has clearly been on the front foot, but QPRs defence has held up well. Baptiste and Furlong have done well with the last ditch defending for the most part. Bidwell is steady, as always. Kakay having a solid game thus far. You can tell he's a bit nervous to get too tight to his man in possession, but he's playing well. Keep it up son.

Ingram:
I'm glad Ingram is ok. Its pretty shocking that a keeper can be on the ground for 3-4 minutes with a head injury and just get up and try to stop a penalty. FA needs to take head injuries serious, because it was obvious he wasn't right when he got up.

Ingram has been Ingram thus far. Mediocre distribution, but good shot stopping. He also is very nervous to kick with his right foot, which is going to be a problem.

Ingram's number 1 weakness is his unwillingness to leave his line, which he did again on the penalty

Official:
The official has been horrendous. Woods (who along with Sawyers are the best players on the pitch) should have been sent off for elbowing Mass. Ingram should have been sent off, too.

A pretty chippy affair

Second half:
Rangers have been poor going forward. Before we scored, i thought Ollie had one of two choices:

First, he could decide to try to play through midfield instead of the hoof. This would require bringing on Eze to link up the deep lying midfielders and the forwards. I would probably substitute Smyth for Eze.

Alternatively, if we're going to stay loyal to hoofball, you might as well bring on Matt Smith and just pump long balls. I would have said to have taken off Sylla, but now that he's scored, i think you have to keep Sylla on.

Lets see......crappy game, but entertaining

I haven't seen it but it's no longer an automatic red card for a keeper if he makes a genuine attempt to play the ball but denies a goalscoring opportunity in bringing a player down inside the box.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:20 - Apr 21 with 2204 viewsTacticalR

This is getting a bit tasty.

Air hostess clique

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:21 - Apr 21 with 2160 viewsBklynRanger

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:20 - Apr 21 by TacticalR

This is getting a bit tasty.

Yeah, somebody's going off at some point. Hopefully one of the Sunderland players.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:21 - Apr 21 with 2161 viewskropotkin41

We just collected 3 yellows in 2 minutes!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:24 - Apr 21 with 2080 viewsderbyhoop

Is the ref on a quota?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:26 - Apr 21 with 2012 viewsDorse

Just occurred to me: we didn't concede just before half time. We scored instead. What is this witchcraft?!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:27 - Apr 21 with 1988 viewsVancouverHoop

Ref's only given one red card all season. You'll probably have to bite someone's ear off to get sent off.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 1882 viewsqprd

Save of the season
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 1875 viewsVancouverHoop

Excellent save from Smithies.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:37 - Apr 21 with 1672 viewsVancouverHoop

Bugger!
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:37 - Apr 21 with 1616 viewsBklynRanger

Arse
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:38 - Apr 21 with 1564 viewsqprd

Looks like we’re abt to go 352 with wingbacks ?
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:39 - Apr 21 with 1528 viewsVancouverHoop

Manning and maxi-Smith about to come on
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:40 - Apr 21 with 1462 viewsTacticalR

Smith on - Smyth off.

Air hostess clique

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:41 - Apr 21 with 1423 viewsTacticalR

Bidwell off - Manning on.

Air hostess clique

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:42 - Apr 21 with 1394 viewsqprd

Manning for bid well.... waste of a sub in my opinion , doesn’t rly change anything
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 16:43]
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:42 - Apr 21 with 1366 viewsSimonJames

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:38 - Apr 21 by qprd

Looks like we’re abt to go 352 with wingbacks ?

...cause that's worked so well this season!

100% of people who drink water will die.

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:43 - Apr 21 with 1335 viewskropotkin41

We've just lost 15th place!! OMG!!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:45 - Apr 21 with 1266 viewsqprd

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:42 - Apr 21 by SimonJames

...cause that's worked so well this season!

Lord knows what we’re doing right now formation wise
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:47 - Apr 21 with 1232 viewsPinnerPaul

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 15:45 - Apr 21 by TacticalR

That should have been a red card for Ingram. Ref's given a yellow.

Genuine attempt for the ball and DOGSO IN THE PEN AREA is a yellow - law changed last season.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:48 - Apr 21 with 1197 viewsDiscodroids

Please equalise QPR.. i'll promise to watch 'location location location' every night for the next week while my Mrs takes me though the minutia of halls-a-joining and basswood plantation shutters with a smile on my face If you score.

Im sick to the high teeth of us being rumped by Brentford.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:49 - Apr 21 with 1155 viewsPinnerPaul

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:14 - Apr 21 by CamberleyR

I haven't seen it but it's no longer an automatic red card for a keeper if he makes a genuine attempt to play the ball but denies a goalscoring opportunity in bringing a player down inside the box.

Correct!

It changed LAST season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024