Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread 11:34 - Apr 21 with 12644 viewsbosh67

For all Ollie's bluster our almost total lack of available defenders and the prospect of the reserve goalkeeper being thrown to the lions means that I am not too hopeful today.

My heart hopes that we can steal a draw today but I am kind of expecting another thrashing. Brentford boss Dean Smith said he expects us to play for pride and the players to play for their places against them. He evidently hasn't double checked any of our recent London derby history.

I think our best hope is to try and convince Brentford that it would be a good idea if their players wear our kit today and ours wear theirs. That way we may pull off a result but I suspect they won't fall for that. Worth a try though.

2-2 or 4-0 Brentford I fear.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:50 - Apr 21 with 2502 viewsBklynRanger

We've got an equaliser in us somewhere
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:51 - Apr 21 with 2479 viewsPinnerPaul

Bristol City 4 Hull 5 - THAT'S entertainment!
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:52 - Apr 21 with 2454 viewsVancouverHoop

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:50 - Apr 21 by BklynRanger

We've got an equaliser in us somewhere

Yes but can we find it this season?
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:52 - Apr 21 with 2434 viewsBoston

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:51 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

So is slapstick comedy according to some.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:52 - Apr 21 with 2431 viewsPinnerPaul

Burton score at Sunderland, that's Sunderland (almost) gone!
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:53 - Apr 21 with 2391 viewsPinnerPaul

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:52 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

Burton score at Sunderland, that's Sunderland (almost) gone!

and again - 1-2 now!
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:55 - Apr 21 with 2336 viewsPinnerPaul

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:53 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

and again - 1-2 now!

Sunderland 6 pts from safety - 2 games to go.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:56 - Apr 21 with 2286 viewsPinnerPaul

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:51 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

5-5!
Login to get fewer ads

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:05 - Apr 21 with 1839 viewsJAPRANGERS

SO 2-1 defeat. No-one can be surprised by this result. Away from home we are very fragile indeed.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:05 - Apr 21 with 1822 viewsBklynRanger

bugger
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:07 - Apr 21 with 1794 viewstimcocking

We tried hard but were really sh!t. Unfortunately, we're not helped by the fact there hasn't been a match all season hardly where we've had the correct personnel and the correct formation and positions together.

Another truly mind-blowing referee performance, as if from 100 years ago. I wish we knew the ref was like that every week.

Kakay played well and our keepers as usual.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:08 - Apr 21 with 1784 viewsqprd

another whatever appearance

the second half started off very chippy- lots of yellows, tackles in the first 5-6 minutes

the air got taken out of the game from about 50-60

brentford was back in the ascendancy after that... qpr looked a bit leggy, between the defending, the early pressing, brentfords superior possession..... this was exactly the point that ollie should have made a sub.... i think a player like cousins would have been ideal to do a job like the one he did at fulham

instead, ollie waited, hoping we'd ride it out. brentford scored and basically kileld the match...

manning for bid well was a total head scratcher... also, subjected one of his most reliable players to abuse from the home brentford fans as he got taken off

man of the match to me was osman kakay... partially because no one else really played that well for us.... but doesn't take away from kakays performance, which was very admirable under the circumstances. he deserves another start before the end of the season... well done son
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:10 - Apr 21 with 1761 viewsBoston

Oh lord, how I miss the days of us winning by London derbies.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:12 - Apr 21 with 1731 viewsjoolsyp

What annoyed me about today's game was the ease with which the Bees put in those huge diagonals to their wingers which went unchallenged. We made them look like Ajax. Surely Bircham/whoever must have known they'd do this and tell our full-backs to get closer to the wingers.

Anyhow, entertaining game, predictable result, we fought hard without really creating anything other than Sylla's goal. Hate to say it but Brentford are light years ahead of us at the moment. Fancy them to do well in the play-offs if they can sneak 6th place.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:17 - Apr 21 with 1671 viewsDiscodroids

Dear LFW,

F uck 'Location location location' up the shitter , F uck Dinner at my chigwell mother in laws tonight and F uck those typhus infested Peg toothed tramps of Brentford.

Respectfully yours,
Oscar Wilde.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 17:21]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:33 - Apr 21 with 1579 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:17 - Apr 21 by Discodroids

Dear LFW,

F uck 'Location location location' up the shitter , F uck Dinner at my chigwell mother in laws tonight and F uck those typhus infested Peg toothed tramps of Brentford.

Respectfully yours,
Oscar Wilde.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 17:21]

Aw Disco.

How we missed you.

Never change.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:43 - Apr 21 with 1539 viewsRoller

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:42 - Apr 21 by qprd

Manning for bid well.... waste of a sub in my opinion , doesn’t rly change anything
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 16:43]

Bidwell dropped onto his haunches a couple of times; I suspect that he’d taken a knock and couldn’t carry on.
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:44 - Apr 21 with 1523 viewsVancouverHoop

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:12 - Apr 21 by joolsyp

What annoyed me about today's game was the ease with which the Bees put in those huge diagonals to their wingers which went unchallenged. We made them look like Ajax. Surely Bircham/whoever must have known they'd do this and tell our full-backs to get closer to the wingers.

Anyhow, entertaining game, predictable result, we fought hard without really creating anything other than Sylla's goal. Hate to say it but Brentford are light years ahead of us at the moment. Fancy them to do well in the play-offs if they can sneak 6th place.

Yup. They do look that way. Frustratingly I don't think they're any better talent-wise, they're just better drilled and tactically organised.

(and no, I'm not saying Ollie-out, more like Ollie plus someone with some strategic nous.)
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:49 - Apr 21 with 1495 viewsLblock

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:08 - Apr 21 by qprd

another whatever appearance

the second half started off very chippy- lots of yellows, tackles in the first 5-6 minutes

the air got taken out of the game from about 50-60

brentford was back in the ascendancy after that... qpr looked a bit leggy, between the defending, the early pressing, brentfords superior possession..... this was exactly the point that ollie should have made a sub.... i think a player like cousins would have been ideal to do a job like the one he did at fulham

instead, ollie waited, hoping we'd ride it out. brentford scored and basically kileld the match...

manning for bid well was a total head scratcher... also, subjected one of his most reliable players to abuse from the home brentford fans as he got taken off

man of the match to me was osman kakay... partially because no one else really played that well for us.... but doesn't take away from kakays performance, which was very admirable under the circumstances. he deserves another start before the end of the season... well done son

Yes we certainly can rely on Bidwell

He was taken to the cleaners YET AGAIN and time and time again. Bentford continually whipped the ball out to his side and done him either for pace or position all day.

As for his pathetic challenge for their second; Jesus!!! He just sat down in front of their fella

Overall a performance from the team with 8 out of 10 for effort but 4 out of 10 for ability
Ollies changes were odd
Smyth must surely have been injured and why big Smith wasn’t on earlier I don’t know

Impressed with Kakay and props to Furlong for his job at centre back

I do still fear for us next season especially if we’re going to have Ingram as number one
Hopefully Ollie and Birch can go on a tactical awareness course over the summer

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 18:26 - Apr 21 with 1365 viewsQPR_John

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 16:55 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

Sunderland 6 pts from safety - 2 games to go.

They are not 6 points from safety they are relegated as Burton have to play Bolton
The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 18:27 - Apr 21 with 1350 viewsDiscodroids

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:33 - Apr 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Aw Disco.

How we missed you.

Never change.

Its Too much , Yet another defeat to those freebase yak fu ckers Brentford and dinner at the mother in laws tonight along with the high sensei of all lonsdale leisure wear my brother in law, his lockjaw wife and Their TOWIE brats arranging for their legal highs to be dropped off via their i phones while i have to make small talk with the mother in law over the chinese take away. currently trying to force down as much menabrea lager that my 5 known senses will allow to blot it all out .

Golden years, golden years whop whop whop. Fackin Brentford.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 18:45 - Apr 21 with 1263 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The hide in a bomb shelter match thread on 17:12 - Apr 21 by joolsyp

Not sure "light years" is right.
They may well start next season in the same division on the same points as us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024