Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone! 16:01 - May 10 with 17199 viewsRs_Holy

its official
Gone! on 18:23 - May 10 with 2607 viewsdaveB

Gone! on 18:20 - May 10 by Rangersw12

Rumour I've just seen on FB is that Olly couldn't commit due to family issues and as a thank you the club sacked him so he gets a pay off

Don't know if any of that is true

can't see that being true, he was desperate to stay
Gone! on 18:28 - May 10 with 2584 viewsGroveR

Putting out something like 'irreconcilable differences' in that case would be better than 'we've binned the bloke for achieving the goals we set him' which is what that statement says.

It seems like every time 'the board' hear we're underachieving (whatever that means to a small West London championship club) though their various channels, the previously sensible strategy of incremental improvement goes out the window in favour of the quick fix.
Gone! on 18:37 - May 10 with 2539 viewskropotkin41

Gone! on 18:28 - May 10 by GroveR

Putting out something like 'irreconcilable differences' in that case would be better than 'we've binned the bloke for achieving the goals we set him' which is what that statement says.

It seems like every time 'the board' hear we're underachieving (whatever that means to a small West London championship club) though their various channels, the previously sensible strategy of incremental improvement goes out the window in favour of the quick fix.

Yeah. That. No-one can be blind to Ollie's shortcomings, but he was managing a club with lots of shortcomings of its own. A perfect match some might say. We've been over this haven't we? How many times has Clive written that changing manager again isn't going to address the long term underlying problems at QPR?

I was hoping that Ollie would be given time. I was hoping that we might break the mould of current trends. I was hoping we'd all give him time to improve with the club.

This is sh*t, and all of the stuff that QPR have done to give us all a little bit of pride again at being Rs fans is undermined by this for me. Of course I'm hoping that it will turn out well, but I'll ask again, how many Championship places was it worth to sack Ollie? This feels like a move aimed at getting us into contention for the play-offs........ hands up who can see that from where we are now. I mean, who are they bringing in? God and his Choir of Holy Angels?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Gone! on 18:41 - May 10 with 2526 viewsichbinnaughty

Gone! on 16:12 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Fecking classless a new all-time low for the club.

Calm down. It’s not an all time low.
If you think it’s an all-time low you haven’t been around for long enough!

It’s shabby, yes.
I’m of the opinion that Ollie fulfilled his remit this season and as such probably deserved a go at next season (if, that is, he wanted it).
But his record isn’t great, team selections are often inconsistent and baffling, away form is dire, and neither Ollie or Birch (QPR men, no doubt) strike me as modern day tacticians.
See where either or both go next.

Onwards and upwards.
More instability, more rocky road.
Or, steady improvements on a more solid foundation?
I don’t know. I won’t waste my energy worrying about it I’ll just support this lovely madhouse club that I love.
Gone! on 18:41 - May 10 with 2522 viewsPinnerPaul

Gone! on 16:12 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Fecking classless a new all-time low for the club.

I think not

1) Administration
2) The ABC Loan
3) Vauxhall Motors
4) Fulham Park Rangers
5) Bosingwa
6) The training ground fight
7) The gun in the boardroom
8) Faurlingate

AND that's with about 10 seconds thinking time!
Gone! on 18:58 - May 10 with 2458 viewsessextaxiboy

Gone! on 18:41 - May 10 by PinnerPaul

I think not

1) Administration
2) The ABC Loan
3) Vauxhall Motors
4) Fulham Park Rangers
5) Bosingwa
6) The training ground fight
7) The gun in the boardroom
8) Faurlingate

AND that's with about 10 seconds thinking time!

All good points , but you could ague that fcking over one of their own in such a shoddy and disrespectful way is right up there ......
Gone! on 19:05 - May 10 with 2432 viewscharmr

Smashing fella with a huge heart sadly his football on both occasions as manager was very hard to get enthused about.
Gone! on 19:07 - May 10 with 2423 viewsbaz_qpr

Gone! on 18:28 - May 10 by GroveR

I don't think that is true. They don't believe he can take the club further forward with the resources the manager will have available to them and the task is to mould and coach a young squad into one that will be more competitive and produce sellable assets in order to fund the club moving forward
Login to get fewer ads

Gone! on 19:14 - May 10 with 2394 viewsjohncharles

Gone! on 18:41 - May 10 by ichbinnaughty

Calm down. It’s not an all time low.
If you think it’s an all-time low you haven’t been around for long enough!

It’s shabby, yes.
I’m of the opinion that Ollie fulfilled his remit this season and as such probably deserved a go at next season (if, that is, he wanted it).
But his record isn’t great, team selections are often inconsistent and baffling, away form is dire, and neither Ollie or Birch (QPR men, no doubt) strike me as modern day tacticians.
See where either or both go next.

Onwards and upwards.
More instability, more rocky road.
Or, steady improvements on a more solid foundation?
I don’t know. I won’t waste my energy worrying about it I’ll just support this lovely madhouse club that I love.

Surely a " by mutual consent" would have been better than the tin rack.
Shameful

Strong and stable my arse.

Gone! on 19:28 - May 10 with 2344 viewsted_hendrix

Gone! on 16:29 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/manager-ian-holloway-departs-qpr/

Doesn't exactly say "sacked" Ted, but "However, we are now looking to take the next step..." doesn't sound as if he wanted to go. Not to me anyway.

Cheers Brian, I was stuck at work at the time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gone! (n/t) on 19:42 - May 10 with 2302 viewsGroveR

Stupid phone
[Post edited 10 May 2018 19:44]
Gone! on 19:43 - May 10 with 2289 viewsGroveR

Gone! on 19:07 - May 10 by baz_qpr

I don't think that is true. They don't believe he can take the club further forward with the resources the manager will have available to them and the task is to mould and coach a young squad into one that will be more competitive and produce sellable assets in order to fund the club moving forward

That's grand and circumstances behind the sacking notwithstanding, would agree and if that's the stated goal let's all get balls deep behind it.

However in Fernandes we have a highly capricious chairman to whom the phrases "further forward" and "more competitive" are a) highly subjective and b) likely to be coloured by whatever shìt is being spouted on t'interweb.
Gone! on 19:49 - May 10 with 2255 viewseastside_r

Thank you, Ian.
Gone! on 19:50 - May 10 with 2249 viewsbaz_qpr

Gone! on 19:43 - May 10 by GroveR

That's grand and circumstances behind the sacking notwithstanding, would agree and if that's the stated goal let's all get balls deep behind it.

However in Fernandes we have a highly capricious chairman to whom the phrases "further forward" and "more competitive" are a) highly subjective and b) likely to be coloured by whatever shìt is being spouted on t'interweb.

Fernandes is a PR front Ruben is funding and running the club
Gone! on 20:06 - May 10 with 2191 viewsQPR_John

Gone! on 18:58 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

All good points , but you could ague that fcking over one of their own in such a shoddy and disrespectful way is right up there ......

This is what's I do not understand, sacking Holloway as a manager of a football club is either right or wrong and the argument can go on for as long as it takes but the fact he is one of our own should not come into it. Does being one of our own make him immune from what is expected of other managers. Being disappointed at him being sacked because of his association with the club is a different matter altogether.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 20:07]
Gone! on 20:23 - May 10 with 2132 viewsRD2112

Living in the Netherlands for the last 12 years I cannot really comment on his latest spell in charge, we don't get much championship football on Dutch tv. But I was there from 99 to 03 and , I suspect like everyone else who was there on the night, I will never forget the Oldham play-off semi. That was the night the club was reborn and Ollie was a huge part of that. Whatever else he does in his career, at QPR or elsewhere, he will always have a place in my heart as the manager who gave us our Rangers back. All the best dude, RD.
Gone! on 20:28 - May 10 with 2111 viewsessextaxiboy

Gone! on 20:06 - May 10 by QPR_John

This is what's I do not understand, sacking Holloway as a manager of a football club is either right or wrong and the argument can go on for as long as it takes but the fact he is one of our own should not come into it. Does being one of our own make him immune from what is expected of other managers. Being disappointed at him being sacked because of his association with the club is a different matter altogether.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 20:07]

QPR chief executive Lee Hoos said: "We are hugely grateful to Ian for his incredible efforts during his time with us.

"He joined us at a critical stage as we looked to reduce the wage bill, bring in younger talent and remain competitive on the pitch at the same time.

"That is no easy task and it was down to his desire, love for the club and hard work that we achieved those goals."

So having said that,and that Holloway is one of our own and has recently suffered a personal loss dont you think that this was just a bit more of a deal than just another Championship sacking and could have been handled with a little more respect and class ?
Gone! on 20:28 - May 10 with 2111 viewsGroveR

Gone! on 19:50 - May 10 by baz_qpr

Fernandes is a PR front Ruben is funding and running the club

Force of habit - same problem.
Gone! on 20:42 - May 10 with 2053 viewsFaurlinho

Spot on.
Gone! on 21:00 - May 10 with 2015 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Thank You Ian Holloway. (for the second time on this messageboard)

I was starting to get optimistic again about the direction we are heading. I'd have given Ollie at least 10 games to see how we had progressed. Oh well.

Lets see what happens.

We can't bring in big name dross so.. well time will tell.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Gone! on 21:13 - May 10 with 1984 viewsthame_hoops

Keep this under your hat but I heard from an ITK source that Steve McLaren is being lined up as we speak.
Gone! on 21:35 - May 10 with 1933 viewsQPR_John

Gone! on 20:28 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

QPR chief executive Lee Hoos said: "We are hugely grateful to Ian for his incredible efforts during his time with us.

"He joined us at a critical stage as we looked to reduce the wage bill, bring in younger talent and remain competitive on the pitch at the same time.

"That is no easy task and it was down to his desire, love for the club and hard work that we achieved those goals."

So having said that,and that Holloway is one of our own and has recently suffered a personal loss dont you think that this was just a bit more of a deal than just another Championship sacking and could have been handled with a little more respect and class ?

Respect and classs by necessity cannot come into it when anybody is sacked. How do you sack somebody with class
Gone! on 21:42 - May 10 with 1903 viewsPunteR

Gone! on 21:35 - May 10 by QPR_John

Respect and classs by necessity cannot come into it when anybody is sacked. How do you sack somebody with class

What on earth are you going on about?

Surely you sack someone that warrants the sack, someone thats not doing their job asked of them or has broken the contract agreement. You don't sack someone because you've changed your mind or you think someone else could do the job better midway through the contract. Thats poor form.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 21:52]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gone! on 21:44 - May 10 with 1892 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gone! on 21:42 - May 10 by PunteR

What on earth are you going on about?

Surely you sack someone that warrants the sack, someone thats not doing their job asked of them or has broken the contract agreement. You don't sack someone because you've changed your mind or you think someone else could do the job better midway through the contract. Thats poor form.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 21:52]

He's on about 20 posts a minute at the moment.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gone! on 22:01 - May 10 with 1816 viewsdanehoop

Gone! on 20:28 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

We have absolutely no idea what the private conversations are that have gone on between the club and Holloway in the past few weeks.

We have no idea what gone on over the past 6 months in discussions.

We have no idea what targets were set or expectations were that existed on both sides.

We certainly have no idea what was said today between both sides and how this decision was fully arrived at.

In reality we shouldn't be party to those conversations, although clearly some parts of the club look like they started to leak information (notably before TF indicated that the managers position was under review).

I think Holloway is a decent man, totally committed to QPR and he undoubtedly has taken us forward in difficult circumstances. But he was erratic and at times decisions were clearly wrong. Clive provides a much better analysis than I ever can. But my point is that we can only speculate on the reasoning and conversations that have happened to this point. Whilst its sad to be losing someone who is such a loyal and well loved character (ignoring myknob50millimetres comments obviously) who has advanced the club through his tenure, if there is going to be a change, then this is the time to do it. My hope is though that in getting to this point that the club have a clear idea of the next direction to be taken. My guess is that under Hoos and Sir Les that this has actually been thought through. My fear though is that we will also lose the scouting network that has been so painstakingly constructed and is now starting to pay dividends.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024