Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play it short Konk? 08:10 - May 12 with 5116 viewsAgedR

I know they had about 150% possession last night, but, what is Fulham’s obsession with short corners?

Possession, little triangles, win a corner, bring the big lads up, take it short, possession, little triangles, win a corner, bring the big lads up, take it short....(repeat to fade).

And what is with the piss balling about on the edge of the area rather than asking an attacking question into one minute of added time?

It frustrated me and I’m not a supporter. Fulham fans must have been reduced to digging their eyes out with chip forks.

Fulham are the footballing equivalent of jazz.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Play it short Konk? on 08:45 - May 12 with 4995 viewsDannyPaddox

Jazz.

Always one for the hep-cats Fulham.
Play it short Konk? on 08:59 - May 12 with 4971 viewsJuzzie

I dont think Fulham had tall enough players. All their corners and free kicks were played short and it seemed to me everything was geared to get the ball around the D so someone could whack it,

I’m no fan of route one football but when you have a free kick or corner you need to have big players in the box to cause trouble. Maybe a Matt Smith type, that they sold. Keogh and Davies dealt with things comfortably.

Derby did to Fulham what we did to them in the play off final.
I noticed late on when rarely deep in Fulham territory one of their players deliberately fouled, and got carded, a Fulham player to stop them counter attacking. Taking one for the team I think they call it. Derby fans still call O’Neil a cheat for doing much the same for us. Double standards.
Play it short Konk? on 09:10 - May 12 with 4939 viewscolinallcars

Play it short Konk? on 08:45 - May 12 by DannyPaddox

Jazz.

Always one for the hep-cats Fulham.

As a jazz fan, I object to being compared to Fulham !
Play it short Konk? on 09:13 - May 12 with 4920 viewsToast_R

I thought Fulham were unlucky really, dominated the game, came close but just didn't put the ball in the back of the net. Would be a travesty if Derby get through to the final. I do worry though that Fulham have hit the skids on the vital time. Two defeats in row after God knows how many months without any. They definitely need to score early on Monday- three play off matches now without a goal, the longer they trail the harder it will be.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 9:14]
Play it short Konk? on 09:34 - May 12 with 4861 viewsDWQPR

Play it short Konk? on 09:13 - May 12 by Toast_R

I thought Fulham were unlucky really, dominated the game, came close but just didn't put the ball in the back of the net. Would be a travesty if Derby get through to the final. I do worry though that Fulham have hit the skids on the vital time. Two defeats in row after God knows how many months without any. They definitely need to score early on Monday- three play off matches now without a goal, the longer they trail the harder it will be.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 9:14]

What be great to see Derby get promoted. I reckon they could challenge their own PL record of 11 points.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Play it short Konk? on 09:55 - May 12 with 4796 viewsDannyPaddox

Play it short Konk? on 09:10 - May 12 by colinallcars

As a jazz fan, I object to being compared to Fulham !

When Fulham lose they play the Tom Cairney Blues.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 10:08]
Play it short Konk? on 12:36 - May 12 with 4522 viewsoddball

foolham the football equivalent of JIZZ
Play it short Konk? on 12:48 - May 12 with 4488 viewsTacticalR

Wham bam, thank you Ma'am.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Play it short Konk? on 13:25 - May 12 with 4416 viewseccles

I don't know aged. I reckon you've been watching us lob it up to Smith all season and you think thats how it should be done!

They'll turn it around at home, then get done at wembley.
Play it short Konk? on 13:42 - May 12 with 4335 viewsRs_Holy

Play it short Konk? on 13:25 - May 12 by eccles

I don't know aged. I reckon you've been watching us lob it up to Smith all season and you think thats how it should be done!

I'm amazed how they've managed to avoid auto promotion for the last 2 seasons?
They are easily the best footballing team in the Championship (that 2nd half against Millwall was scarily good).
Its great having so many London teams in the same division as us but deep down I think we need them out of it. If they don't go up this season surely they'll walk the Championship next season?
Play it short Konk? on 13:43 - May 12 with 4327 viewsAgedR

Play it short Konk? on 13:25 - May 12 by eccles

Not saying I don’t prefer their jazz to our thrash metal my old mucker, but, by Christ, they could show a modicum of respect for the set piece.

Play it short Konk? on 18:53 - May 12 with 4031 viewsBoston

Play it short Konk? on 13:42 - May 12 by Rs_Holy

I'm amazed how they've managed to avoid auto promotion for the last 2 seasons?
They are easily the best footballing team in the Championship (that 2nd half against Millwall was scarily good).
Its great having so many London teams in the same division as us but deep down I think we need them out of it. If they don't go up this season surely they'll walk the Championship next season?

Me too, but I'll guess they splutter off to their usual slow start, charge up the division and fall short yet again. I also agree it would probably be better for us if there was slightly less London competition in this division, but down man, down.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Play it short Konk? on 22:49 - May 12 with 3772 viewsKonk

I think it’s probably based around our obsession with retaining possession and not wanting to open ourselves up to counter attacks from taller, stronger teams clearing the corner and breaking. As with penalties pre-Norwood, I think we view corners as a bit uncouth.

I find it very difficult to knock our side - been on a mental run and played some beautiful stuff, but we’ve definitely looked a bit leggy/jaded for a wee while now. Derby weren’t the most ambitious side in the world, but were very disciplined and knew what they needed to do. Went up last night, but can’t get to the Cottage on Monday, so will have to watch in a pub. Horrible vision of 0-0 or 0-1 to Derby. Hope it doesn’t go to pens...

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Play it short Konk? on 06:00 - May 13 with 3554 viewsPlanetHonneywood

“...Fulham are the footballing equivalent of jazz.”

Seven words, two put-downs: that’s quality posting!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Play it short Konk? on 09:44 - May 13 with 3389 viewsTacticalR

Play it short Konk? on 22:49 - May 12 by Konk

I think it’s probably based around our obsession with retaining possession and not wanting to open ourselves up to counter attacks from taller, stronger teams clearing the corner and breaking. As with penalties pre-Norwood, I think we view corners as a bit uncouth.

I find it very difficult to knock our side - been on a mental run and played some beautiful stuff, but we’ve definitely looked a bit leggy/jaded for a wee while now. Derby weren’t the most ambitious side in the world, but were very disciplined and knew what they needed to do. Went up last night, but can’t get to the Cottage on Monday, so will have to watch in a pub. Horrible vision of 0-0 or 0-1 to Derby. Hope it doesn’t go to pens...

Fulham shouldn't have to dirty their hands with corners.

Air hostess clique

Play it short Konk? on 10:32 - May 13 with 3323 viewsMick_S

I've analysed Fulham with my football magnifying glass and have come to the conclusion that if they carry on p issing about with the ball they may well lose.

Good luck to your lot, Konk.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Play it short Konk? on 08:14 - May 14 with 3111 viewsDorse

Play it short Konk? on 22:49 - May 12 by Konk

No matter how bad it gets, how painful life seems, no matter how bleak the outlook, you can always find comfort in the fact that at least you're not Chelsea.

Good luck to you!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Play it short Konk? on 21:12 - May 14 with 2913 viewsNoelmc

And see what happens when they don't take a short corner! Great header, 2-1 Fulham.
Play it short Konk? on 21:58 - May 14 with 2790 viewsbob566

Well deserved win. Somebody will offer big bucks for sessegnon. Fair play to fulham putting him in at that age
Play it short Konk? on 22:05 - May 14 with 2760 viewscolinallcars

Poor old Derby - always the bridesmaid never the bride.
Play it short Konk? on 23:40 - May 14 with 2636 viewsAgedR

Play it short Konk? on 21:12 - May 14 by Noelmc

And see what happens when they don't take a short corner! Great header, 2-1 Fulham.

All it needed was a bit of refining.

Well done Konk. Enjoy your day out fella.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024