Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sainsbury 13:35 - Jul 19 with 16034 viewsnottonyfernandes

Seeing lots of articles about him coming to us in the last 4 hours. He posted a picture of his passport in an airport on Instagram too so looking promising.
With him, hall and the bfg I think we have a pretty capable cb rotation. Add in baptiste and lunch for Cover and Philips has looked ok during the preseason and should hopefully get a chance near the first team this year. I’d consider letting lynch leave it we can get any offers.

What does everyone else think ?
Sainsbury on 10:01 - Jul 20 with 3197 viewshoopdog

Sainsbury on 08:05 - Jul 20 by Esox_Lucius

If you think Sylla is lazy then why aren't you advocating getting shot of Matt Smith. btw Sylla isn't lazy, he just isn't Connor or Little Smyth, there is a big difference. Of all the strikers we have, he is the most likely to score an opportunist goal when the ball is in the box.

Esox you've been posting long enough to know your football Smith is a totally different type he hold the centre of of the attack that's what he's there for ,opinions yes he's lazy imo as you have just put the comparison Smythe ,Washingtonthats thats the energy I want around big smith
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 10:03]
Sainsbury on 10:29 - Jul 20 with 3109 viewsMyke

Sainsbury on 10:01 - Jul 20 by hoopdog

Esox you've been posting long enough to know your football Smith is a totally different type he hold the centre of of the attack that's what he's there for ,opinions yes he's lazy imo as you have just put the comparison Smythe ,Washingtonthats thats the energy I want around big smith
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 10:03]

Couldn't agree with you that Sylla is lazy - just has a more languid style than Smyth or Washington. Smith is not lazy either, he is just slow. Smith is a fabulous signing for us for half a mill and had a decent season season last year in terms of goals and assists. However, Sylla is the more natural striker. His hold up play and mobility are better and if you put ten crosses into the box, Sylla would convert more of them than Smith. But Holloway certainly questioned his attitude, it remains to be seen how he fares under McClaren
Sainsbury on 10:42 - Jul 20 with 3043 viewshoopdog

Sainsbury on 10:29 - Jul 20 by Myke

Couldn't agree with you that Sylla is lazy - just has a more languid style than Smyth or Washington. Smith is not lazy either, he is just slow. Smith is a fabulous signing for us for half a mill and had a decent season season last year in terms of goals and assists. However, Sylla is the more natural striker. His hold up play and mobility are better and if you put ten crosses into the box, Sylla would convert more of them than Smith. But Holloway certainly questioned his attitude, it remains to be seen how he fares under McClaren

Myke would play him to lead the line in preference to smith ??
Sainsbury on 10:56 - Jul 20 with 2985 viewsMyke

Sainsbury on 10:42 - Jul 20 by hoopdog

Myke would play him to lead the line in preference to smith ??

It's a difficult one hoopdog. Holloway didn't fancy Sylla so he never got a run of games. Ironically Holloway;s 'style' would have suited Sylla more than Smith. Long balls knocked towards Smith were never going to suit him, as his hold up play or mobility are not good enough. However, if you had two genuinely wide players (which Holloway never used) that would put the ball in front of Smith to attack he would fare much better. That said, he would still probably miss the target 6/10 times. If you want to play in a way that brings Eze, or Freeman (or even Washington) into the game (ie through the middle) then I think they would benefit more from having Sylla as the focal point of the attack. If McClaren is wise he will keep both options open so that we will always have a 'plan B; and keep the opposition defence guessing.
I should be a politician - I answered your question without answering it at all!
Sainsbury on 11:00 - Jul 20 with 2951 viewsNorthernr

Dave Mc reporting there might be something in the Sainsbury deal, initially on loan.
Sainsbury on 11:09 - Jul 20 with 2913 viewsMyke

Sainsbury on 11:00 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Dave Mc reporting there might be something in the Sainsbury deal, initially on loan.

Saw that Clive - hopefully true
Sainsbury on 11:13 - Jul 20 with 2882 viewsGloucs_R

By one get one free type of deal?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sainsbury on 11:18 - Jul 20 with 2862 viewshoopdog

Sainsbury on 10:56 - Jul 20 by Myke

It's a difficult one hoopdog. Holloway didn't fancy Sylla so he never got a run of games. Ironically Holloway;s 'style' would have suited Sylla more than Smith. Long balls knocked towards Smith were never going to suit him, as his hold up play or mobility are not good enough. However, if you had two genuinely wide players (which Holloway never used) that would put the ball in front of Smith to attack he would fare much better. That said, he would still probably miss the target 6/10 times. If you want to play in a way that brings Eze, or Freeman (or even Washington) into the game (ie through the middle) then I think they would benefit more from having Sylla as the focal point of the attack. If McClaren is wise he will keep both options open so that we will always have a 'plan B; and keep the opposition defence guessing.
I should be a politician - I answered your question without answering it at all!

Still can't agree on him Myke ! His game is, is he going to put a shift today is going to lose interest added to I don't think he knows what he going to at times , yes he does score the odd off the cuff goal , but never a team player
Login to get fewer ads

Sainsbury on 11:21 - Jul 20 with 2853 viewsozranger

If Sainsbury is coming in then I think this will also mean that Luongo is staying as one would expect he had something to say to Trent prior to him making the decision to make it to W12.
Sainsbury on 11:22 - Jul 20 with 2852 viewsenfieldargh

so that could be half the spine of our team missing for weeks on end when Oz have a double header V the Solomon Islands or a playoff with Guam.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sainsbury on 11:27 - Jul 20 with 2819 viewsMaggsinho

Sainsbury on 11:22 - Jul 20 by enfieldargh

so that could be half the spine of our team missing for weeks on end when Oz have a double header V the Solomon Islands or a playoff with Guam.

That's an impressively glass half empty interpretation!
Sainsbury on 11:40 - Jul 20 with 2770 viewsenfieldargh

Sainsbury on 11:27 - Jul 20 by Maggsinho

That's an impressively glass half empty interpretation!

crap week

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sainsbury on 11:47 - Jul 20 with 2749 viewsrobith

Sainsbury on 08:05 - Jul 20 by Esox_Lucius

If you think Sylla is lazy then why aren't you advocating getting shot of Matt Smith. btw Sylla isn't lazy, he just isn't Connor or Little Smyth, there is a big difference. Of all the strikers we have, he is the most likely to score an opportunist goal when the ball is in the box.

I like Smith, but the look of disappointment on his face when a third sub is made and he's still on the pitch is quite something
Sainsbury on 11:48 - Jul 20 with 2739 viewsHooparoo

Sainsbury on 11:22 - Jul 20 by enfieldargh

Yes, isn’t it awful having internationals in our squad. FFS.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sainsbury on 11:54 - Jul 20 with 2698 viewsFDC

Sainsbury on 12:46 - Jul 20 with 2551 viewsTW_R

Sainsbury on 11:54 - Jul 20 by FDC

I'm assuming we can order him online and get him delivered between 1pm and 3pm on Sunday?
Sainsbury on 12:51 - Jul 20 with 2523 viewsLongsufferingR

Sainsbury on 12:46 - Jul 20 by TW_R

I'm assuming we can order him online and get him delivered between 1pm and 3pm on Sunday?

Such a breath of fresh air to be linked with players whose names provide these sorts of opportunities
Sainsbury on 13:00 - Jul 20 with 2462 viewsozexile

He'll do well........but......he will need an ugly centre half along side him. He can be bullied.
Sainsbury on 13:09 - Jul 20 with 2430 viewsMick_S

Sainsbury on 13:00 - Jul 20 by ozexile

He'll do well........but......he will need an ugly centre half along side him. He can be bullied.

No one too old though.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sainsbury on 13:15 - Jul 20 with 2417 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sainsbury on 12:46 - Jul 20 by TW_R

Top Quality.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sainsbury on 13:27 - Jul 20 with 2325 viewsCamberleyR

Leistner should fit that bill.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sainsbury on 13:33 - Jul 20 with 2288 viewssimmo

Whether this comes off or not (and I think it will be a bit of a coup if we can make it happen), it's encouraging that the club have prioritised the right areas and looked to address them ASAP. It looks as though we're signing the right kind of players for the positions we need to strengthen the most, another HUGE step away from the 'see who we can get' days.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sainsbury on 13:37 - Jul 20 with 2266 viewsheadhoops

will he wear the no Severn shirt? Will he be delivered by Amazon? He could be an inSeine player for us.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Sainsbury on 13:40 - Jul 20 with 2245 viewsMaggsinho

Sainsbury on 13:37 - Jul 20 by headhoops

will he wear the no Severn shirt? Will he be delivered by Amazon? He could be an inSeine player for us.

With all this punning potential it Asda happen.
Sainsbury on 13:41 - Jul 20 with 2239 viewsNorthernr

You'd do well to bully Leistner. Looks like he should be on the door at a flat roof pub.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024