Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 60417 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:59 - Aug 9 with 2278 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Main thing that annoys me about this all is once again TF not being able to keep his mouth shut and constantly tell us Freeman is not for sale. If true, that's great, but if he goes it's once again just making a bit of a fool of himself, and lying to fans once again.

I don't mind taking £6m+ for Freeman, even nicking one of their players, but the fact that he has stated for a week now he isn't going, only to possibly sell him an hour before it closes, is very foolish, and does not help his position on twitter at all

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:01 - Aug 9 with 2235 viewsNorthernr

In amongst it all, I wonder how keen Freeman is to move? Part of the original attraction was a return to London, and you don't get much further away than Middlesbrough and Blackburn. He's ambitious, so Boro would make some sense, Blackburn would make none at all. If he's keen to move and it doesn't go through have you then got an unhappy/head turned player on your hands?

Fck it I'm off out for an hour.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:05 - Aug 9 with 2162 viewsdaveB

It's a tough one I get the fears from Clive and others, this could easily go horribly wrong.

All I'd say is the club messed up big time and this is the consequence of that, to progress we need to keep making signings like Freeman, Eze, Smyth, BOS and when we sell them have replacements lined up.

Freeman is a very tough one, I don't envy the club making that call but would say to those saying we will go down without him would the club stay up with no problems if he stays? I'm not sure to be honest

Personally think if we end this window on August 31st with a couple of defenders and a new striker I'd be happy enough with it all.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:07 - Aug 9 with 2131 viewsdaveB

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:01 - Aug 9 by Northernr

In amongst it all, I wonder how keen Freeman is to move? Part of the original attraction was a return to London, and you don't get much further away than Middlesbrough and Blackburn. He's ambitious, so Boro would make some sense, Blackburn would make none at all. If he's keen to move and it doesn't go through have you then got an unhappy/head turned player on your hands?

Fck it I'm off out for an hour.

When Freeman didn't get his move to us straight away he basically downed tools and refused to play so hopefully if he stays it's because he wanted to
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:08 - Aug 9 with 2086 viewsDesertBoot

Both clubs in discussion now, it could be cash plus Ashley Fletcher or Marvin Johnson.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:10 - Aug 9 with 2057 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:08 - Aug 9 by DesertBoot

Both clubs in discussion now, it could be cash plus Ashley Fletcher or Marvin Johnson.

Please not Ashley Fletcher. Woeful player

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:11 - Aug 9 with 2038 viewsPinnerPaul

Source?
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:12 - Aug 9 with 2010 viewsDesertBoot

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:11 - Aug 9 by PinnerPaul

Source?

Phil Spencer - journalist who supports Boro and has close links with them and us.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:13 - Aug 9 with 1989 viewscolinallcars

Marvin Johnson sounds like a 50s movie star.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:15 - Aug 9 with 1947 viewsPinnerPaul

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:12 - Aug 9 by DesertBoot

Phil Spencer - journalist who supports Boro and has close links with them and us.

I thought property was his thing!

That's a lot to sort in under an hour - fee plus choice of player and 2 lots of wages to agree & 2 medicals.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:16 - Aug 9 with 1937 viewsMytch_QPR

If this was the case, given that it's gone 4pm, how do we do medicals etc?

(or are we going down the 'Arry route and not bothering?)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:18 - Aug 9 with 1881 viewsGloucs_R

Neither anywhere near good enough. Smacks of desperation.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:19 - Aug 9 with 1858 viewsjohnhoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:05 - Aug 9 by daveB

It's a tough one I get the fears from Clive and others, this could easily go horribly wrong.

All I'd say is the club messed up big time and this is the consequence of that, to progress we need to keep making signings like Freeman, Eze, Smyth, BOS and when we sell them have replacements lined up.

Freeman is a very tough one, I don't envy the club making that call but would say to those saying we will go down without him would the club stay up with no problems if he stays? I'm not sure to be honest

Personally think if we end this window on August 31st with a couple of defenders and a new striker I'd be happy enough with it all.

I don’t think anyone is saying we will stay up easily if he goes Dave-we are far too weak defensively for that to be the case. I think what a lot of people do believe is that hanging on to a player with his proven record of creating chances and setting up goals gives us a much better chance of avoiding the disaster which relegation would undoubtedly be.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:21 - Aug 9 with 1813 viewsHarbour

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:18 - Aug 9 by Gloucs_R

Neither anywhere near good enough. Smacks of desperation.

TAke £10m forget the player swap
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:24 - Aug 9 with 1735 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:16 - Aug 9 by Mytch_QPR

guessing it could be a loan with a payment in Jan (which wouldnt be disastrous for us - means we can still get loans in during the next two weeks, but if we got £5m in Jan for him, we could feasibly go out and buy a player for around £2m with the funds according to the rules).

Bare bones.

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:24 - Aug 9 with 1735 viewscolinallcars

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:19 - Aug 9 by johnhoop

I don’t think anyone is saying we will stay up easily if he goes Dave-we are far too weak defensively for that to be the case. I think what a lot of people do believe is that hanging on to a player with his proven record of creating chances and setting up goals gives us a much better chance of avoiding the disaster which relegation would undoubtedly be.

Relegation needn't be a disaster if the fans stick with the club. We've been in thethird tier beforeand so have the likes of Villa, Leeds, Fulham, Norwich, Sunderland etc etc.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:25 - Aug 9 with 1709 viewsterryb

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:46 - Aug 9 by Northernr

All true, but the usual 52 point safety mark was significantly lower last season because the bottom three or four were so sht.

The usual 52 point safety mark?

It is only every few years that more than 46 points are required (at least from my memory).

That doesn't mean that 52 will be required this year!

* I've just checked & in the last twenty seasons the following applied for the highest placed relegation club.

46 points or less 11
47-50 points 4
50& above points 5

[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 16:45]
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:30 - Aug 9 with 1591 viewsconnell10

Tick tock the window is edging shut!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:31 - Aug 9 with 1578 viewsderbyhoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:20 - Aug 9 by Northernr

As I've written a couple of times. If you'd said to us in January last year - right, that's good, now do the second half of the season without Smithies, Onuoha, Robinson and Freeman. And by the way, Furlong is injured for January and February. You're allowed one centre back from the German second division by way of compensation. We'd all, rightly have been shitting a large brick and assuming relegation.

It's a huge ask.

I get the logic of most of the moves made. Smithies I thought was cheap, but it enabled us to bring Leistner in and our need for a good centre back was probably more pressing given we've got two good young keepers already. There will be another centre back, although that'll maybe have to be a loan now. I'm not sure why we can't just pay £350k for Hefele, he's great.

Freeman does struggle to fit into this system and there are natural replacements who play that position better already here, so you get offered north of £5m for a player you bought 18 months ago for £350k that might be good business.

But it's a lot fo quality, experience and big dressing room presence to lose all at once. Long, hard, tough season, potentially in front of an increasingly disgruntled and hostile crowd, for a bunch of kids to be coping with. Further complication is if we are looking to patch over the cracks with loans, we'd presumably only be looking for a season long loan, as we can't do a six month loan with a view to buy as we can't buy in January. And even with season longs, we could lose them in January and not be able to replace them.

Worried.

This post has been edited by an administrator

We sold Smithies when we had replacements lined up in Ingram and Lumley. The argument over whether he was sold too cheap is valid but where was the bidding war?
We bought Freeman for 350K and we are now trying to get the sale price up to 4.5 - 6m. From a business perspective that is a very good deal. Sure, we'll lose his goals and assists but most of us are hoping/expecting that Eze can step up. He is the closest we have to a direct replacement. When you read back reports where Freeman has slowed the play, how well does he sit into a system where Eze is the lynch pin? Any one of Cousins, Wzsolek, Smyth, BOS, maybe even Goss or Shodipo can do a job in midfield. None of them would be a direct replacement for Freeman. But they don't have to be.
The priority has to be another CB and, if possible a striker. If money received for Freeman funds those purchases, we'll have had a reasonable day.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:32 - Aug 9 with 1551 viewsjohnhoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:24 - Aug 9 by colinallcars

Relegation needn't be a disaster if the fans stick with the club. We've been in thethird tier beforeand so have the likes of Villa, Leeds, Fulham, Norwich, Sunderland etc etc.

I obviously haven’t got any figures on how it would affect our finances but I’m pretty certain it would have a major negative impact.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:32 - Aug 9 with 1550 viewsPinnerPaul

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:30 - Aug 9 by connell10

Tick tock the window is edging shut!

Except you can still come in the back way (loans) for another 21 ******* days!
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:32 - Aug 9 with 1543 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Granted I've only been a fan for 4-5 years now, but has there been a transfer window that hasn't been, at best, a slight disaster?
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:34 - Aug 9 with 1509 viewstimeforheroes

Don't think a deal will be done but I must say I doubt Freeman's stock will ever be higher than it is now. Would've been inclined to sell if £5m+ had/did materialise
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:35 - Aug 9 with 1452 viewsconnell10

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:32 - Aug 9 by PinnerPaul

Except you can still come in the back way (loans) for another 21 ******* days!

I reckon times up on any Freeman deal!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:36 - Aug 9 with 1424 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:16 - Aug 9 by Mytch_QPR

you put a deal sheet in, saying it's done in principal, before 5pm, buys you time for all that stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024