Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 61189 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:03 - Aug 4 with 3590 viewsQPR_John

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:22 - Aug 4 by kensalriser

Freeman still here then?

For what it's worth he's in the team
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:20 - Aug 4 with 3424 viewsR_from_afar

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:03 - Aug 3 by Lblock

If we sell Freeman now I think that's us bottom 6 and bang in trouble

It'll mean we have lost a keeper and midfielder worth I'd say 16 to 24 points and not replaced them. I also think it'll really unsettle the squad

The Smithies money has obviously been allocated into the "Bungle Fund" as there a zero squad additions on the horizon, I'd imagine any fee for any player will go the same way. I struggle to see how that's not the case as if we don't add to the squad next few days then don't forget we can't then add to it until next summer.

How anyone can continue to defend Bungle I do not know.

Newsflash: Tony is not the sole owner of QPR......and never has been. Ever.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:32 - Aug 5 with 3146 viewsPinnerPaul

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:03 - Aug 3 by Lblock

If we sell Freeman now I think that's us bottom 6 and bang in trouble

It'll mean we have lost a keeper and midfielder worth I'd say 16 to 24 points and not replaced them. I also think it'll really unsettle the squad

The Smithies money has obviously been allocated into the "Bungle Fund" as there a zero squad additions on the horizon, I'd imagine any fee for any player will go the same way. I struggle to see how that's not the case as if we don't add to the squad next few days then don't forget we can't then add to it until next summer.

How anyone can continue to defend Bungle I do not know.

Now Mr Bungle can be accused of many things, but making money from the club certainly isn't one of them!
Paper interest in Freeman on 21:22 - Aug 8 with 2809 viewsenfieldargh

West LOndon Sport reporting we are considering an offer of 4 million for Freeman from...........Blackburn just promoted from DivIII

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:24 - Aug 8 with 2788 viewsHayesender

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/blackburn-make-qpr-an-offer-for-freeman#.W2t

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:35 - Aug 8 with 2646 viewstraininvain

Selling Freeman to Blackburn, a relegation rival, would be pretty disastrous.

I can only assume the club is resigned to selling him at £4/5m (circa 10x what we paid) & using the Blackburn bid to push Middlesbrough for a higher offer.
Paper interest in Freeman on 21:38 - Aug 8 with 2607 viewsconnell10

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:35 - Aug 8 by traininvain

Selling Freeman to Blackburn, a relegation rival, would be pretty disastrous.

I can only assume the club is resigned to selling him at £4/5m (circa 10x what we paid) & using the Blackburn bid to push Middlesbrough for a higher offer.

The worlds gone mad, where the f uck did Blackburn get 4 million from??????? If Freeman goes to Blackburn he is mad, they are a bigger basket case than us!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:54 - Aug 8 with 2476 viewsMedwayR

We shouldn’t take anything less than £6m for Freeman, and ideally not until Jan/next summer either although I’m not sure how long he has left on his contract.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:55 - Aug 8 with 2470 viewsDixie_CT

Random guess but I think £5m might be the pinch point.

We could invest half into a new striker but what is £2.5m going to get you there days. Conor Washington? Maybe give Warnock a call and ask for Gary Madine or Danny Ward on loan.

Although it's a struggle to fit Eze and Freeman into the same team, I'm starting to panic now if Freeman does go. Massive gamble and huge trust in McLaren's coaching ability
Paper interest in Freeman on 21:58 - Aug 8 with 2441 viewsLblock

So long Luke, we’ll miss you, quite significantly this season I think.

Not because you’ve gone which is “the QPR way now” (ie sell to a rival and significantly improve them); but because we seem patently unable to replace you or use your fee to improve other obviously weak areas.

I fully accept the need to buy low sell high, always was my mantra, and I’d accept £6.5Mill

I caveat that with the above, currently that fee would mean Bungle is £10Mill closer to having paid off the fine that he is 100% responsible for.

Boring following this club ..... it ain’t!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:59 - Aug 8 with 2435 viewsdaveB

very tough call but I'd sell him, probably not at 4 million but try and push it to 5
Paper interest in Freeman on 22:07 - Aug 8 with 2352 viewsconnell10

Im gonna pretty pished of if we sell Freeman to Blackburn for 4 million!

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:09 - Aug 8 with 2322 viewsted_hendrix

Sadly he'll be gone by this time tomorrow.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:10 - Aug 8 with 2312 viewsconnell10

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:09 - Aug 8 by ted_hendrix

Sadly he'll be gone by this time tomorrow.

Not for 4 million he wont mate!

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:13 - Aug 8 with 2280 viewsconnell10

Also the fact that Freeman probably wont want to join Blackburn.

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:18 - Aug 8 with 2235 viewsNW10Hoop

I thought we were able to get players like Freeman and Scowen beacausw they wanted to come back to London for family reasons?

Having more money but having to live in Blackburn?! I’d stay where I was
Paper interest in Freeman on 22:20 - Aug 8 with 2210 viewstraininvain

Blackburn surely being used as a stalking horse. We wouldn’t be that stupid to strengthen one of our rivals whilst significantly weakening ourselves, would we?!
Paper interest in Freeman on 22:22 - Aug 8 with 2185 viewskarl

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:13 - Aug 8 by connell10

Also the fact that Freeman probably wont want to join Blackburn.

Coming very late to this, and apologies if covered already, but has Freeman been upgraded on the wages front since being bought as a player valued in the hundreds of thousands? I'd imagine a club prepared to pay millions will also be offering relevant wages and this might encourage him to suffer the grind of life in the delightful industrial north west
Paper interest in Freeman on 22:22 - Aug 8 with 2184 viewsLblock

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:20 - Aug 8 by traininvain

Blackburn surely being used as a stalking horse. We wouldn’t be that stupid to strengthen one of our rivals whilst significantly weakening ourselves, would we?!

Pay attention man!

The answer is of course yes !!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:24 - Aug 8 with 2168 viewscolinallcars

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:18 - Aug 8 by NW10Hoop

I thought we were able to get players like Freeman and Scowen beacausw they wanted to come back to London for family reasons?

Having more money but having to live in Blackburn?! I’d stay where I was

If he went to Blackburn, it's highly unlikely that he'd live there. As unlikely as him living in the Bush.
Paper interest in Freeman on 22:26 - Aug 8 with 2151 viewsBlue_Castello

This is really starting to wind me up how the hell can Blackburn afford 4/5 million for a player, I'm sure if you check they have already spent money on other transfers. I really don't want Freeman to leave we currently have a squad that's going to be battling relegation and you want to sell one of our best players from last year. We need some strength in depth if we are going to compete this season, if we take the money for Freeman there will be no time to replace him.

If we sell then FFP really does have us royally screwed, we need to keep our best players to avoid relegation, League 1 football finances would be a disaster.
Paper interest in Freeman on 22:47 - Aug 8 with 2008 viewsmakaveli1882

window closses for us in 19 hours until July 2019 and we could be selling one of our best players to a relagation rival
Paper interest in Freeman on 22:52 - Aug 8 with 1971 viewsdistortR

Paper interest in Freeman on 22:22 - Aug 8 by karl

Coming very late to this, and apologies if covered already, but has Freeman been upgraded on the wages front since being bought as a player valued in the hundreds of thousands? I'd imagine a club prepared to pay millions will also be offering relevant wages and this might encourage him to suffer the grind of life in the delightful industrial north west

the Ribble valley is beautiful and an easy commute to Blackburn.............

Blackburn have had years of high wages and declining crowds, before last years successful campaign. Personally I'd be surprise if they have that sort of money to spend on one player
Paper interest in Freeman on 23:02 - Aug 8 with 1869 viewsGloryHunter

Blackburn Rovers? The mad chicken farmers? This cannot possibly happen.
Paper interest in Freeman on 23:03 - Aug 8 with 1869 viewsqueensparker

I think we need to calm down and stop pearl-clutching.

Blackburn have bid 4m for Freeman. That’s it. No indication we’re going to sell him for that, it’s just a bid being reported. Isn’t going to happen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024