Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 60416 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 3222 viewsDannyPaddox

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:19 - Aug 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Dave McIntyre did predict the following three days ago:-

"Whatever someone will pay. But to answer the question, £4.5m with 15% sell-on and another £1m if promoted. IMO."

What if they get relegated. We have to give a million back?
Paper interest in Freeman on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 3222 viewsStevenageRanger

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:19 - Aug 9 by enfieldargh

Talk shite

4.5 agreed according to them gits

10:52
QPR KNOCK BACK FREEMAN BID

Sky sources understand QPR have rejected the £4m bid from Blackburn for Luke Freeman which we reported last night (see 20.56). Middlesbrough have also shown an interest in the midfielder during the Transfer Window.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:31 - Aug 9 with 2742 viewscyprusmel

Sky reports Middlesborough have put in an increased offer.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:33 - Aug 9 with 2723 viewsconnell10

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:31 - Aug 9 by cyprusmel

Sky reports Middlesborough have put in an increased offer.

Get to 6 million with add on,s and that's a fair price!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:38 - Aug 9 with 2659 viewskropotkin41

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:33 - Aug 9 by connell10

Get to 6 million with add on,s and that's a fair price!

It would seem a very good price for him indeed. I suppose what it comes down to is how much he is really key to our survival in the Championship. We're not going to be able to spend the money we get for him.......... so if Sky's prediction is right, selling him for £x might cost us a relegation.......now that's expensive.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:38 - Aug 9 with 2646 viewsWeaverQPR

Just hope we've got something up our sleeve. Be typical of us to bank 6m and not have enough time to spend it

@WeavQPR

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:43 - Aug 9 with 2592 viewsdaveB

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/middlesbrough-luke-freeman-new-offer-090818#
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:44 - Aug 9 with 2559 viewsSir_Chops

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:38 - Aug 9 by WeaverQPR

Just hope we've got something up our sleeve. Be typical of us to bank 6m and not have enough time to spend it

Wonder if there's the possibility of a cash plus player deal to plug any of the areas we're short.
Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:45 - Aug 9 with 2541 viewsEmpireStateRanger

We're going to end up with £6m and do nothing with it because it will come so late, and we won't be able to spend it in January. Lovely.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:46 - Aug 9 with 2518 viewspaulparker

as ive said before, sell him in Jan when Boro and co are pushing for promotion 6 million is still to cheap
selling him now without adequate time for replacements is as good as us going down this season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:50 - Aug 9 with 2468 viewsQPR_Jim

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:45 - Aug 9 by EmpireStateRanger

We're going to end up with £6m and do nothing with it because it will come so late, and we won't be able to spend it in January. Lovely.

6 month loan deal with fee arranged for a permanent deal January? Sorted.
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:01 - Aug 9 with 2301 viewsMatch82

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:46 - Aug 9 by paulparker

as ive said before, sell him in Jan when Boro and co are pushing for promotion 6 million is still to cheap
selling him now without adequate time for replacements is as good as us going down this season

Not sure if I understand this take - by replacements do you mean an extra defender or striker? Because if we don't sell Freeman (or someone) we aren't getting that anyway.

If you mean we need to buy a replacement for Freeman then surely we are just going to use one of the existing twelve people looking for a role? Of people that didn't start last week, Cousins, Manning Wsolek Smyth all on the bench. All of whom, as backups, are better for their position than pretty much any our strikers or defenders are for theirs
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:02 - Aug 9 with 2292 viewsdaveB

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:45 - Aug 9 by EmpireStateRanger

money will probably go towards running costs and ensure we still have a football club, all the boring stuff
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:11 - Aug 9 with 2150 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:02 - Aug 9 by daveB

money will probably go towards running costs and ensure we still have a football club, all the boring stuff

A lower loss this season may be useful next season when we have lost our last parachute payment.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:17 - Aug 9 with 2086 viewsrobith

As mentioned previously I have some gripes about Freeman's playing style, but his contribution to our attacking output is so statistically significant that we want our heads examined if we go ahead with this at this stage.
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:26 - Aug 9 with 1975 viewsHarbour

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:17 - Aug 9 by robith

As mentioned previously I have some gripes about Freeman's playing style, but his contribution to our attacking output is so statistically significant that we want our heads examined if we go ahead with this at this stage.

As Les said we are a selling club have to get used to it Brentford appear to have got the buy low sell high bit to a tee but if we got LF for £350k and we sell for £5M to £6m probably see Mass go the same way in Jan. if we stay up it’s good business if we go down not so good...
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:27 - Aug 9 with 1973 viewspaulparker

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:01 - Aug 9 by Match82

Not sure if I understand this take - by replacements do you mean an extra defender or striker? Because if we don't sell Freeman (or someone) we aren't getting that anyway.

If you mean we need to buy a replacement for Freeman then surely we are just going to use one of the existing twelve people looking for a role? Of people that didn't start last week, Cousins, Manning Wsolek Smyth all on the bench. All of whom, as backups, are better for their position than pretty much any our strikers or defenders are for theirs

only Smyth is a decent option to cover Freeman , Manning is a central midfielder
Cousins and Pavel are not good enough , freeman created most of our assists playing cousins is not going to cut it
and when I say replacements we will need a direct replacement for Freeman , we haven't replaced Ned or Robinson yet and don't look like doing it either
we are depleting an already powder puff squad and could be losing our spine of our side Smithies, Ned and freeman in one summer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:30 - Aug 9 with 1934 viewsPinnerPaul

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:27 - Aug 9 by paulparker

only Smyth is a decent option to cover Freeman , Manning is a central midfielder
Cousins and Pavel are not good enough , freeman created most of our assists playing cousins is not going to cut it
and when I say replacements we will need a direct replacement for Freeman , we haven't replaced Ned or Robinson yet and don't look like doing it either
we are depleting an already powder puff squad and could be losing our spine of our side Smithies, Ned and freeman in one summer

BFG Mk II replaced Ned - No?
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:30 - Aug 9 with 1932 viewsterryb

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:02 - Aug 9 by Blue_Castello

Sorry Terry when I said I was struggling with FFP that wasn't true as you will see from my post on page10, what is concerning me is that if we can't compete for signings then the loss last season must have been on the high side even though we spent another season cutting costs and releasing players.

Have to say I still trust Les and Lee but would have hoped for a couple of cheap option signings at centre back and striker, I know people will say they don't exist. That said you may have seen one of my previous posts and I know you reside in Ipswich, I watched the friendly game v West Ham as I was invited while up visiting family. It sticks in the throat but Paul Hurst is doing a good job with his coaching and recruitment, was very impressed with Ellis Harrison 750 k from Bristol Rovers.

Cheers Blue.

I agree with all of this post. Paul Hurst has recruited very well & Ipswich, who have no more funds than us but may have more leeway towards FFP, have backed his judgement. I expect that they will have a good season. The b******s! I have heard more than one young Ipswich fan state that the football played against West Ham was the best they've ever seen them play!

IMO, this is what we should have been doing when we replaced Hughes in 2013. The suffering from then has lasted long & is nowhere near ending!
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:30 - Aug 9 with 1922 viewspaulparker

he day has finally come !!!!

we actually agree on something Robith ,

6 million is way to cheap and yet another indication we don't have a clue about selling our players

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:31 - Aug 9 with 1899 viewsLongsufferingR

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:30 - Aug 9 by PinnerPaul

BFG Mk II replaced Ned - No?

This is no time for facts. It's time to panic.
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:35 - Aug 9 with 1841 viewsLythamR

Doesn't anyone want Loungo

Freeman will be a loss but I think 4.5m plus sell on clause is decent business

yes his stats are good but Eze will have to step up, I wish he had taken the free kick up ad Preston instead of Freeman, you could see he was itching to have it. Not having to work round freeman will i think give Mclatren a bit more flexibility in team selection

I am not expecting a striker in either, but a last minute centreback would still be nice, Has Ned signed for anyone yet
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:44 - Aug 9 with 1752 viewsRangersw12

Eze playing in the AM position means shifting Freeman out wide . He clearly us ineffectual out wide due to lack of pace and drifting inside

Therefore cashing in on Freeman for 5 million or so is decent business . This woukd also free up little Smyth to start on the right with Bos on the left
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:46 - Aug 9 with 1722 views08olesen

The truth is we are taking another gamble if we sell him. If it goes right, in this window we will have accumulated well over 10 million from Ned, Robinson and Perch contracts ending, and the sale of Smithies and potentially Freeman. That's a considerable dent in the 17 million which we need to cover (even if they do say its at the shareholder's expense, i dont believe that for one second). If we go on to stay up, we could sell Luongo in the Summer and we be close to eradicating that 17 million. Then hopefully some of the young lads come through to replace them. However, if we go down, this will all look very naive and appear to be very short term thinking.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:53 - Aug 9 with 1641 views00calben

We've still got till end of Aug for loans.

I reckon we'll sign a striker (prob Martin) and a defender on loan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024