Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit 19:00 - Nov 23 with 2344 viewsbosh67

He should have said this earlier but I think the fact that he has said that youngsters like Smyth still stand a chance will clear the air a bit.

http://londonfootballnews.co.uk/qpr/qpr-outcast-handed-lifeline-by-mcclaren/

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 19:51 - Nov 23 with 2244 viewsNorthernr

He's still wrong. Everything he did and said about that night was wrong.
McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 19:56 - Nov 23 with 2238 viewskensalriser

Well maybe, but I'm sure he didn't ask Scowen to do a Joey Barton.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 20:08 - Nov 23 with 2218 viewsbosh67

True.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 09:30 - Nov 24 with 1908 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He spoke well about that night, and it certainly clarified matters. But all it did was cement a fundamental difference in thinking: the fans believe that the cups are important, management and their bosses believe that, or tolerate a belief that the cups are an opportunity to keep fringe players happy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 09:38 - Nov 24 with 1899 viewslondonscottish

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 09:30 - Nov 24 by BrianMcCarthy

He spoke well about that night, and it certainly clarified matters. But all it did was cement a fundamental difference in thinking: the fans believe that the cups are important, management and their bosses believe that, or tolerate a belief that the cups are an opportunity to keep fringe players happy.

Good summary.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 10:31 - Nov 24 with 1836 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought the really interesting point he made was in distinguishing between the FA cup and the League cup.

The League cup early rounds come in a crowded early season fixture list whereas the FA cup for us, starts in the rather calmer month of January and is a normal Saturday fixture as opposed to an additional midweek one. I would have to add that it does come just after the hectic Christmas/ New year fixture. There will be s full seven days recovery period after the game and no midweek fixture until the 13th February.

We shall see, in January, if it makes a difference to his team selection.
McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 10:37 - Nov 24 with 1828 viewsBrianMcCarthy

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 10:31 - Nov 24 by francisbowles

I thought the really interesting point he made was in distinguishing between the FA cup and the League cup.

The League cup early rounds come in a crowded early season fixture list whereas the FA cup for us, starts in the rather calmer month of January and is a normal Saturday fixture as opposed to an additional midweek one. I would have to add that it does come just after the hectic Christmas/ New year fixture. There will be s full seven days recovery period after the game and no midweek fixture until the 13th February.

Very true, francis. I missed that.

Holloway made the same point during his second reign. And I get it. But on the balance of things, I would still be in the 'cups matter' camp.

As you say, January will tell us more.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 10:55 - Nov 24 with 1810 viewssmegma

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 19:51 - Nov 23 by Northernr

He's still wrong. Everything he did and said about that night was wrong.

Totally agree. For him to say 'I expected to win' as well showed an arrogance not deserving of our situation at the time.
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 11:33 - Nov 24 with 1780 viewsDavieQPR

It shows what the fans think when they still call it the League Cup.
McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 12:05 - Nov 24 with 1724 viewskensalriser

Well it is the League Cup, as abbreviated. We don't have to go along with shit neologisms.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 12:13 - Nov 24 with 1711 viewsterryb

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 12:05 - Nov 24 by kensalriser

Well it is the League Cup, as abbreviated. We don't have to go along with shit neologisms.

Absolutely correct.

To me, it is still the Isthmian League & the Southern League. I've not received any payment to refer to them by the sponsor's names!
McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 13:42 - Nov 24 with 1635 viewsWestbourneR

The year we went up with Warnock we lost to Port Vale at home.

It doesn’t matter in the slightest and our team selections reflect that.

What it should be is a chance for fringe players to stake a claim with a great performance. BOS should have started in the league after his performance vs Rovers.

It didn’t happen and, partly as a consequence, the performance was dire at Blackpool.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 13:59 - Nov 24 with 1602 viewsfrancisbowles

I said it on here previously but again why can't the early rounds of the league cup be played in the international breaks. Leagues one and two carry on, so why not add this tournament and maybe even play it on Saturdays. Then all clubs could field their strongest teams apart from any players that are away with their countries. It would take away the boredom for us and might give the lesser clubs a bit of an advantage.
McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 15:37 - Nov 24 with 1493 viewsDylanP

The fact that Paul Smyth (our future) cannot get a game whereas Wells (not our future) plays in spite of the fact that he is not scoring, says it all. Nothing against Wells, who is a fine player, but Smyth was playing well in winning teams last year and suddenly he is back to playing for the reserves and we are having a hard time scoring goals. It would be something else if we were scoring for fun, but we aren't. We've got great players scoring regularly in the reserves and loan players freezing them out of the first team.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 15:49 - Nov 24 with 1475 viewsdistortR

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 12:05 - Nov 24 by kensalriser

yeah, bloody neologisms.

nods hedge sagely.
McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 18:47 - Nov 24 with 1349 viewsdavman

McClaren seeks to clarify comments he made after cup exit on 10:31 - Nov 24 by francisbowles

... but the 3rd round of the FACup comes after the most hectic period of games when Joel Lynch has his holidays, so there's your excuse to rest more of the precious lambs.

It's all bollox and he will do it in the FA Cup too...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024