Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messageboard Theory 10:08 - Nov 30 with 14542 viewsAntti_Heinola

As we're all quite happy (at least until the meltdown after tomorrow's inevitable 1-0 defeat), I've been developing a theory about this MB.

Is it me, or is it a much nicer, friendlier place to be than it was a few years ago? There are discussions, but nasty ones are now few and far between (not eradicated completely). Even me and paulparker agree on about 90% of stuff these days.

Why is it? I'm thinking it could be age. We're all getting older and the young blood isn't coming through. The young firebrands and tyros spill their utter nonsense on social media instead. I think that's good. We may be getting older here, but it's a haven of relative sanity.

But does that mean LFW will one day wither, like an old Rotary Club?

Bare bones.

Messageboard Theory on 15:00 - Nov 30 with 1378 viewsted_hendrix

Bollox.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Messageboard Theory on 15:22 - Nov 30 with 1341 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Messageboard Theory on 13:36 - Nov 30 by Mick_S

There are plus points admittedly Mick
Messageboard Theory on 15:23 - Nov 30 with 1340 viewsstevec

Must admit, I'd noticed this too.

First off, the team are doing well, that helps no end.

Second, there's been a marked decline in Guardian based threads on here, which in turn sets me off and the subsequent barrage of response from various lefties not, I have to confess, entirely in agreement with me.

I'm just hoping we don't go to a 2nd referendum as last time this MB was stacked out with boys from the left, ardent QPR fans at the time dont'cha know, who have mostly mysteriously disappeared from here. I can accept Bazza and a few others with their genuine beliefs, that's fine, but if rent a mob turn up again expect detente to cease forthwith.
Messageboard Theory on 15:39 - Nov 30 with 1317 viewshopphoops

Messageboard Theory on 15:23 - Nov 30 by stevec

Second, there's been a marked decline in Guardian based threads on here, which in turn sets me off and the subsequent barrage of response from various lefties not, I have to confess, entirely in agreement with me.

I'm just hoping we don't go to a 2nd referendum as last time this MB was stacked out with boys from the left, ardent QPR fans at the time dont'cha know, who have mostly mysteriously disappeared from here. I can accept Bazza and a few others with their genuine beliefs, that's fine, but if rent a mob turn up again expect detente to cease forthwith.

People's vote People's vote People's vooooote
People's vote People's vote People's vooooooooooote
People's vote People's vote People's vote
People's VOTE People's VOTE

he he he

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Messageboard Theory on 15:40 - Nov 30 with 1314 viewsloftboy

Messageboard Theory on 15:39 - Nov 30 by hopphoops

People's vote People's vote People's vooooote
People's vote People's vote People's vooooooooooote
People's vote People's vote People's vote
People's VOTE People's VOTE

he he he

We had it in 2016 😇

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Messageboard Theory on 15:53 - Nov 30 with 1307 viewshopphoops

Messageboard Theory on 15:40 - Nov 30 by loftboy

We had it in 2016 😇

Two legs innit? That's why Remain parked the bus last time.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

Messageboard Theory on 16:00 - Nov 30 with 1295 viewsloftboy

Messageboard Theory on 15:53 - Nov 30 by hopphoops

Two legs innit? That's why Remain parked the bus last time.

Nope, it was the FA cup final vote, decided on the day and no replay!!

Messageboard Theory on 16:00 - Nov 30 with 1295 viewseastside_r

The 'Ignore' button is everyone's friend.
Login to get fewer ads

Messageboard Theory on 16:29 - Nov 30 with 1266 viewshopphoops

Messageboard Theory on 16:00 - Nov 30 by loftboy

Nope, it was the FA cup final vote, decided on the day and no replay!!

How about best of five? :)

Messageboard Theory on 16:33 - Nov 30 with 1259 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Messageboard Theory on 15:23 - Nov 30 by stevec

For what it’s worth, you have never seen any anti Brexit sentiment from me.
Messageboard Theory on 16:44 - Nov 30 with 1240 viewslondonscottish

I've found find the ignore button very useful for two or three posters. That works for me.

Plus the recent run of results has helped enormously.

Plus the fact Twitter seems too attract the most deranged types of social media user and presumably keeps them off boards like this.

The other think I try to do is not offer and comments on Brexit or anything else likely to park off an "interesting" debate.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Messageboard Theory on 16:54 - Nov 30 with 1227 viewshopphoops

Messageboard Theory on 16:44 - Nov 30 by londonscottish

I've found find the ignore button very useful for two or three posters. That works for me.

Plus the recent run of results has helped enormously.

Plus the fact Twitter seems too attract the most deranged types of social media user and presumably keeps them off boards like this.

The other think I try to do is not offer and comments on Brexit or anything else likely to park off an "interesting" debate.

Me neither!

Messageboard Theory on 16:58 - Nov 30 with 1223 viewsdaveB

Messageboard Theory on 15:40 - Nov 30 by loftboy

We had it in 2016 😇

Does that also mean we never have another election as someone won it last time by a narrow margin.

Not that i want another vote to be honest am sick of hearing about it
Messageboard Theory on 17:13 - Nov 30 with 1209 viewsloftboy

Messageboard Theory on 16:58 - Nov 30 by daveB

Does that also mean we never have another election as someone won it last time by a narrow margin.

Not that i want another vote to be honest am sick of hearing about it

We get one every 5 years, the last vote to join the common market was over 40 years ago so we can use that as the benchmark!! 😇😇

Messageboard Theory on 17:31 - Nov 30 with 1189 viewstraininvain

Messageboard Theory on 17:13 - Nov 30 by loftboy

We get one every 5 years, the last vote to join the common market was over 40 years ago so we can use that as the benchmark!! 😇😇

That's not very democratic! But in all honesty, I reckon it'll be a bigger margin to leave if / when we have a second referendum.

People don't like being told they can't do something, no matter how stupid it may be!!
Messageboard Theory on 18:28 - Nov 30 with 1150 viewsWren67

I like this MB because:
At this time of the year I am usually in the Caribbean feeling sad and lonely with just a bottle of local rum for company.

This MB keeps me informed about Rssss matters.
The match thread provides live updates on match days.
Clive's reports are exceptional.
Antti's submissions are a bonus.

I am pissed off when we lose and obliged to console myself with an extra glass or two.
I am ecstatic when we win an obliged to celebrate with an extra glass or two.

Long may this MB continue
Messageboard Theory on 18:31 - Nov 30 with 1150 viewscolinallcars

I'm a relative newcomer, I used to post on .org but you can go all day without anyone posting anything.
This site is excellent and lively.
Messageboard Theory on 19:35 - Nov 30 with 1109 viewspaulparker

The way the club has been run the last 20 odd years is always going to divide opinion
There is never a dull moment meaning there is more to debate and for people to ruck over
I think we have done the political thing to death in here and thankfully those threads have stopped as it causes to much grief , TF going quiet as also helped as well as the team doing well, although I’m not a massive McLaren fan I can see that I’ve been proved wrong and long may that continue
I like to think of this forum as a pub and how you would speak to others over a pint
Sometimes what you type is taken the wrong way when if someone said it to your face it would be different
Anyway I’m rambling and p1ssed, so I’m off to see jazzy b do his stuff

Peace and love x

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Messageboard Theory on 19:55 - Nov 30 with 1099 viewsCiderwithRsie

Messageboard Theory on 18:28 - Nov 30 by Wren67

I like this MB because:
At this time of the year I am usually in the Caribbean feeling sad and lonely with just a bottle of local rum for company.

I am pissed off when we lose and obliged to console myself with an extra glass or two.

Well we were all pretty mellowed out until you came on to tell us, in sodding November, that you're in the Caribbean with a bottle of rum, and you're complaining about it

Now we all hate you.
Messageboard Theory on 20:12 - Nov 30 with 1077 viewsenfieldargh

Messageboard Theory on 18:28 - Nov 30 by Wren67

I like this MB because:

Well to get you in the mood I'm wearing a very revealing bikini and rubbing factor 10 onto my taught(torte) and very flat tummy, my lips are pouting and the ocean breeze is flowing through my long blonde hair.

And you all thought I was a fella.

Favourite cheese mascapone dripping down my cheeks.

pass the scooby snax

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Messageboard Theory on 20:22 - Nov 30 with 1074 viewskropotkin41

Maybe we're all burnt out. Following QPR is exhausting enough without wasting more energy arguing with the horrible right wingers who troll around this place........

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Messageboard Theory on 23:15 - Nov 30 with 1007 viewsMileEndR

Just thought I'd mention, I'm 18 and have been reading a lot of the discussions and Clive's reports and previews on here for a few years now. Anyone else my sort of age around on here?
Messageboard Theory on 23:53 - Nov 30 with 979 viewsHunterhoop

Long live Les and Lee Hoos.

McClaren gets to join that party in a few months.

Always said the effect of Les and Lee’s work would take a couple of years to be seen and appreciated. Now you’re seeing it.

Actions do not lead to instant results when you’re trying to drive change in culture, ethos, infrastructure, and finances. It’s a slow burn.
Messageboard Theory on 00:03 - Dec 1 with 972 viewsPunteR

Messageboard Theory on 23:53 - Nov 30 by Hunterhoop

Always said the effect of Les and Lee’s work would take a couple of years to be seen and appreciated. Now you’re seeing it.

Actions do not lead to instant results when you’re trying to drive change in culture, ethos, infrastructure, and finances. It’s a slow burn.

Absolutely. We seem to be run so much better which takes away a lot of the anxiety, stress, embarrasment that comes from the shambolic way TF ran the show.
Also think since the blob and brighton thing its calmed down a bit and 2T2B has calmed right down as well..lol.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 0:10]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Messageboard Theory on 00:27 - Dec 1 with 959 viewsCiderwithRsie

Messageboard Theory on 23:53 - Nov 30 by Hunterhoop

And it starts with small things. Proper badge, proper hoops, community work, "Forever Rs" and the games for Stan and Grenfell - they might look like add-ons to the big stuff but they change how we feel about the club, and they were do-able when other stuff wasn't.

Then you sort out the finances, and it hurts but not as much as not sorting the finances.

As someone who thought it was right to lose Holloway in the summer I've got to say that he played a big part too, he was someone we could get behind and he bought time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024