Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hangovers 11:47 - Dec 22 with 3533 viewsnorthampton_hoop

In preparation for the festive season and the obvious over indulgence of various forms of alcoholic beverages I was wondering what everyone’s best hangover cures are? Mine tend to be ice cold can of coke, sausage sandwich and coffee. Never really works though, hair of the dog works but not always practical.
Hangovers on 12:11 - Dec 22 with 3498 viewsRBrum

Someone has just written a book on this. Spent some considerable time getting leathered and then trying out different cures. Pop “Shaughnessy Bishop-Stall” (I kid you not) into google.

His cures include taking the following before going to bed: milk thistle, B vitamins and N-acetylcysteine.

Before work Xmas party went to Holland and Barrett, bought the lot. The N-acetyl stuff was the most expensive - over with the bodybuilding stuff.

Tried it. Weirdly seemed to work. I’m an old bloke who can’t drink like I used to and tend to feel ropy the day after. So am sticking with it as now have big bottles of all 3.

Otherwise a fry up.
Hangovers on 12:31 - Dec 22 with 3468 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fry up and a tug.
Hangovers on 13:09 - Dec 22 with 3429 viewspaulparker

Burger King , double whopper and cheese

Failing that just get back on it the first pint is a killer but if you can force 2 down you then the rest will be a doddle

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hangovers on 13:12 - Dec 22 with 3424 viewsaston_hoop

Sausage sandwich, brown sauce and another beer. Job done.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hangovers on 15:53 - Dec 22 with 3287 viewsLazyFan

Before crashing out to sleep and assuming it is medically okay for you to do so, take headache tabs and drink a full pint of water completely.

Also, have a pint of water beside the bed so, you can hydrate during the night (or what's left of it if any).

This totally works, but the catch is that you may forget to do it when you're smashed.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Hangovers on 12:31 - Dec 23 with 3179 viewsKonk

(1) Make sure you eat properly on the day - whenever I have a bad hangover, it's because I've barely eaten.
(2) Drink water before going to bed
(3) When you wake up with a hangover: drink water, have a massive tip-out to purge the devil, eat a sausage sarnie, drink a bottle of Irn Bru or original Lucozade (it has to be an orange fizzy drink that's full of sugar), have a banana, go back to sleep, wake-up and then either sit around eating shi t from the freezer all day whilst watching shi t telly or head back out to the pub and eat some sort of gravy dinner (pie and mash, banger and mash, roast dinner etc) and have a pint of coke followed by a few pints. Sorted.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Hangovers on 12:39 - Dec 23 with 3164 viewsPunteR

Dioralyte along with water. Tastes rank but replaces all salts and hydrates the body.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hangovers on 12:41 - Dec 23 with 3165 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone else get the Sunday night beer demons?

This is a phenomenon that occurs if you've been on it Friday and/or Saturday but have a day off it Sunday. When you get into bed Sunday night you are riddled with sweating, anxiety, feeling of impending doom, and insomnia.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 12:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Hangovers on 12:46 - Dec 23 with 3146 viewsPunteR

Hangovers on 12:41 - Dec 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is a phenomenon that occurs if you've been on it Friday and/or Saturday but have a day off it Sunday. When you get into bed Sunday night you are riddled with sweating, anxiety, feeling of impending doom, and insomnia.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hangovers on 12:55 - Dec 23 with 3141 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hangovers on 12:31 - Dec 23 by Konk

(1) Make sure you eat properly on the day - whenever I have a bad hangover, it's because I've barely eaten.
(2) Drink water before going to bed
(3) When you wake up with a hangover: drink water, have a massive tip-out to purge the devil, eat a sausage sarnie, drink a bottle of Irn Bru or original Lucozade (it has to be an orange fizzy drink that's full of sugar), have a banana, go back to sleep, wake-up and then either sit around eating shi t from the freezer all day whilst watching shi t telly or head back out to the pub and eat some sort of gravy dinner (pie and mash, banger and mash, roast dinner etc) and have a pint of coke followed by a few pints. Sorted.

'eat some sort of gravy dinner (pie and mash, banger and mash, roast dinner etc)'

You mean have your Slovakian Au Pair fetch you some Serbian Pule on artisan bread.
Hangovers on 13:48 - Dec 23 with 3078 viewspaulparker

Put me down for that I’m like the ready break kid on a Sunday night after a weekend on it
I sweat more than Gary glitter in pc world , the missus sleeps in the spare room on sundays imthat bad

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hangovers on 14:19 - Dec 23 with 3035 viewsLblock

My cure is loads of water whilst sitting in a steam room for 40 mins
10 minute shifts with ice cold showers

This falls down as a plan unless you’re near a gym, staying in a spa hotel or living near Foolham ground

I like the sound of the Holland & Barrett solution and will look into it further

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hangovers on 14:23 - Dec 23 with 3029 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pint of water and dioralyte before bed, same again when I wake up, and eat loads of protein the day before and the day after. Works a treat.

As for the Sunday Night demons two Panadol and a loads of water seems to work.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hangovers on 14:24 - Dec 23 with 3029 viewsdolcelatte

Hangovers on 14:23 - Dec 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Pint of water and dioralyte before bed, same again when I wake up, and eat loads of protein the day before and the day after. Works a treat.

As for the Sunday Night demons two Panadol and a loads of water seems to work.

Not had a hangover in 3 years. Mind you not had a drink in that time either..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Hangovers on 16:21 - Dec 23 with 2960 viewsitsbiga

Big bottle of Gatorade

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Hangovers on 17:15 - Dec 23 with 2912 viewsToast_R

Used to get that alot when I was doing weekend benders. It's the serotonin levels in the brain that cause it. Alcohol sends the serotonin balance in your loaf all over the shop. Takes a while for it all to level out.
Hangovers on 18:38 - Dec 23 with 2834 viewsdubaistu

Call it the beer fear, worse i've had was after the rugby 7's.... suicidal for days and querying what life is all about. back on it by the following weekend.
Hangovers on 22:40 - Dec 23 with 2745 viewsBoston

Luckily my constitution has allowed me to go through life with few hangovers, dunno why.

Milk Thistle....absolute bollocks. Does not not cure anything short term, but the cleansing effects over a long term, especially for drinkers, appears to be rock solid. My knowledge of this herb divulged to me many years ago by an Irish doctor specializing in the treatment of alcoholism.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hangovers on 22:52 - Dec 23 with 2741 viewsHooparoo

My never fail hangover cure is Coke (the fizzy kind). Friend of mine told me that there’s so much sugar in it that they have to put in an anti-nausea agent to stop you throwing up.

Whatever it is - it works. Once my stomach is happy again - eat some grease. Sorted! 😉

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hangovers on 23:45 - Dec 23 with 2705 viewssmegma

I can't remember the last time I had a hangover, maybe 8 years ago. It ain't happening this year as I'm up at 5am on Boxing Day for work so all you reprobates can get to the game. Luckily I work in Shepherds Bush station then.
Hangovers on 14:07 - Dec 27 with 2495 viewsSnipper

Hangovers on 12:11 - Dec 22 by RBrum

Someone has just written a book on this. Spent some considerable time getting leathered and then trying out different cures. Pop “Shaughnessy Bishop-Stall” (I kid you not) into google.

His cures include taking the following before going to bed: milk thistle, B vitamins and N-acetylcysteine.

Before work Xmas party went to Holland and Barrett, bought the lot. The N-acetyl stuff was the most expensive - over with the bodybuilding stuff.

Tried it. Weirdly seemed to work. I’m an old bloke who can’t drink like I used to and tend to feel ropy the day after. So am sticking with it as now have big bottles of all 3.

Otherwise a fry up.

Thanks for the tip RBrum.

My hangovers are legendary. The 27th of December is always a total washout normally.

But I purchased some milk thistle on Christmas Eve to try it. I took one tablet yesterday morning, and two tablets before bed last night. I woke up feeling a bit rough, but after a short while I was right as rain.

I’d highly recommend milk thistle if you suffer from hangovers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024