Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 21:09 - Jan 12 with 3764 viewsMancR

What an unbelievably poor game that was. 2 teams at the top(ish) end of the table scrabbling around in midfield for 100 minutes. My cat could've played in goal for both sides and the score would've been the same. I don't think we touched the ball in their box and lumley didn't have a save to make in ours - bar the goal.
I know I said this in my Blackburn match report, but this is meant to be entertainment- well today was bloody abysmal.
And I know it's been said elsewhere, but Matt smith as an impact sub is the biggest waste of space in football history, unless he's in the box waiting for a cross. Which there is no point waiting for because we don't do crosses when smith is on the pitch. It's so frustrating, when we keep repeating the same shitty mistakes.
We defended really well today but going forward we were garbage, and that is when loads of our main men had the previous weekend off.
We were worried about the ref, because he's usually pants, but once again, my cat could've refereed today- not one meaningful decision was needed. He only added 3 minutes and I'm not sure we even played that amount.
Just a completely rubbish afternoon, which as always was saved by the company and friendship of fellow qpr supporters and some damn fine beer.
Rant over
Just back on 21:13 - Jan 12 with 3736 viewsMancR

Meant to add that one of my compatriots noticed that Freeman gave an extended clap to us, could he be offski?
Just back on 21:18 - Jan 12 with 3680 viewsWatford_Ranger

I was in a sour mood leaving the ground but thinking a bit more rationally now.

Yeah it wasn’t entertaining at all but the shape was good. All the attacking players had an off day. Just one of those days. Freeman makes that pass to BOS 99 times in 100. A competent referee doesn’t stop two great potential breaks and then declines to give us a 90th minute free kick on the edge of the box with a terrible interpretation of the advantage rule.

The subs thing irks me with McLaren - waits forever then doesn’t make the change that seems logical to me- but I know he knows far more about football than I do which hasn’t always been the case with QPR managers.
Just back on 21:20 - Jan 12 with 3664 views2Thomas2Bowles

MS Our top goal scorer last season
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 21:20]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Just back on 21:22 - Jan 12 with 3642 viewsDorse

Just back on 21:13 - Jan 12 by MancR

Meant to add that one of my compatriots noticed that Freeman gave an extended clap to us, could he be offski?

Freeman gave you the clap? Filthy beggar.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Just back on 21:26 - Jan 12 with 3606 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back on 21:20 - Jan 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

MS Our top goal scorer last season
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 21:20]

Holloway, to his credit, played in a way that got the best out of him but he was quite painful to watch again today.

However the real gap in the side I feel is Luongo. I won’t bash Cousins again but do feel Luongo helps drag us up the pitch a bit. The midfield seemed to be miles from Wells.
Just back on 21:34 - Jan 12 with 3556 viewsTacticalR

Agree there wasn't much entertainment, especially from our perspective.

We couldn't hold on to the ball - that was partly down to us and partly down to Sheffield United pressing and not letting us settle. In that regard they remind me of Burnley of a few years ago.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 08:21 - Jan 13 with 2924 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Just back on 21:34 - Jan 12 by TacticalR

Agree there wasn't much entertainment, especially from our perspective.

We couldn't hold on to the ball - that was partly down to us and partly down to Sheffield United pressing and not letting us settle. In that regard they remind me of Burnley of a few years ago.

Yes more this I'd say. Not sure we had an off day as such as others have said. Sheffield United were the better team and probably deserved their victory. They were very well organised, drilled, big, strong, powerful and closed us down at every opportunity. Didn't allow us to play our counter attacking game and were cynical when they needed to be. Let's be honest, if we'd have got a point out of that we'd have had a right result, literally. Sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and concede we were beaten by the better team. Personally I can see exactly why SU are now sitting second in the table.
Just back on 08:38 - Jan 13 with 2850 viewsdaveB

If you put balls in the box then Smith is a very good sub to have but we've not really used him like that all season
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 08:50 - Jan 13 with 2816 viewsnix

Just back on 08:21 - Jan 13 by Silverfoxqpr

Yes more this I'd say. Not sure we had an off day as such as others have said. Sheffield United were the better team and probably deserved their victory. They were very well organised, drilled, big, strong, powerful and closed us down at every opportunity. Didn't allow us to play our counter attacking game and were cynical when they needed to be. Let's be honest, if we'd have got a point out of that we'd have had a right result, literally. Sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and concede we were beaten by the better team. Personally I can see exactly why SU are now sitting second in the table.

That's definitely the tactics to use against us: closing us down, not giving us any space on the ball, breaking up our rhythm with fouls, slowing the game down and introducing little nudges and pushes. Then beating our defence with free kicks or corners into the six yard box with the forward beating us to the header. It's boring as hell for the spectators but it' works if you've got the players for it. That will be our coaching team's next challenge: how to coach our forwards/midfield to overcome this kind of play. It would be interesting to know if that's how they play generally and it happens to be a good style against us, or if they deliberately adopted it just for us. Anyone seen them play this season on TV?
Just back on 09:25 - Jan 13 with 2685 viewsbosh67

Is your cat available to play against Preston?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 09:36 - Jan 13 with 2649 viewsYorkRanger

Just back on 08:50 - Jan 13 by nix

That's definitely the tactics to use against us: closing us down, not giving us any space on the ball, breaking up our rhythm with fouls, slowing the game down and introducing little nudges and pushes. Then beating our defence with free kicks or corners into the six yard box with the forward beating us to the header. It's boring as hell for the spectators but it' works if you've got the players for it. That will be our coaching team's next challenge: how to coach our forwards/midfield to overcome this kind of play. It would be interesting to know if that's how they play generally and it happens to be a good style against us, or if they deliberately adopted it just for us. Anyone seen them play this season on TV?

It was a poor game in terms of entertainment, however I thought we were well organised and largely nullified their threat. At the end of the day they are a good side, were third in the league and have a very good home record and we restricted them to a couple of half chances, other than the goal.

Yes we were disappointing in the final third and created little, however some of the comments of people around me were astounding and showed no regard at all of where we were and Where we have got to. Cousins, Eze and Lumley all getting hammered for different reasons..

In the case of Lumley his kicking was perhaps a little more wayward thatn usual and a few of his kicks to the wings for flick one by Bidwell, Furlong and in the latter stages towards Samuel were slightly awry but really should we cane him for it?

Wells was pretty quiet, but largely was fed off scraps against two big centre halves. Maybe he was not quite fully fit either but, as mentioned in another post, it looked to me like he took umbrage at the end at one individual who clearly had upset him with some comments.

I came away philosophical about the result and scratching my head around the expectations of some of our fans...
Just back on 09:41 - Jan 13 with 2615 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back on 09:36 - Jan 13 by YorkRanger

It was a poor game in terms of entertainment, however I thought we were well organised and largely nullified their threat. At the end of the day they are a good side, were third in the league and have a very good home record and we restricted them to a couple of half chances, other than the goal.

Yes we were disappointing in the final third and created little, however some of the comments of people around me were astounding and showed no regard at all of where we were and Where we have got to. Cousins, Eze and Lumley all getting hammered for different reasons..

In the case of Lumley his kicking was perhaps a little more wayward thatn usual and a few of his kicks to the wings for flick one by Bidwell, Furlong and in the latter stages towards Samuel were slightly awry but really should we cane him for it?

Wells was pretty quiet, but largely was fed off scraps against two big centre halves. Maybe he was not quite fully fit either but, as mentioned in another post, it looked to me like he took umbrage at the end at one individual who clearly had upset him with some comments.

I came away philosophical about the result and scratching my head around the expectations of some of our fans...

The odd kick is going to go out when you try that.

Rather that than just punting it 70 yards in the hope Wells can out-jump a centre-half and even if he does, flick it on to no one.
Just back on 10:01 - Jan 13 with 2549 viewsYorkRanger

Just back on 09:41 - Jan 13 by Watford_Ranger

The odd kick is going to go out when you try that.

Rather that than just punting it 70 yards in the hope Wells can out-jump a centre-half and even if he does, flick it on to no one.

To be fair the kicks are rarely aimed at Wells from what I can see
Just back on 10:31 - Jan 13 with 2444 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back on 10:01 - Jan 13 by YorkRanger

To be fair the kicks are rarely aimed at Wells from what I can see

Yeah. I’m saying he’s the alternative to trying to pick out a wide player unless we go back to the much loved playing out from the back routine.
Just back on 10:59 - Jan 13 with 2380 viewsLblock

Is that the first team to do a double over us?

Cant think there’ll be too many others that will manage that this season

Feedback seems reasonable and we sound like we competed

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Just back on 11:05 - Jan 13 with 2360 viewsYorkRanger

Just back on 10:31 - Jan 13 by Watford_Ranger

Yeah. I’m saying he’s the alternative to trying to pick out a wide player unless we go back to the much loved playing out from the back routine.

Sorry Watford, I misunderstood your point.
Just back on 11:11 - Jan 13 with 2334 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back on 11:05 - Jan 13 by YorkRanger

Sorry Watford, I misunderstood your point.

No worries. Was a long day for us all. We can all at least agree that Darnell Furlong swings his cock around his head he shagged a girl and now she’s dead.
Just back on 12:10 - Jan 13 with 2223 viewsLadbrokeR

Just back on 11:11 - Jan 13 by Watford_Ranger

No worries. Was a long day for us all. We can all at least agree that Darnell Furlong swings his cock around his head he shagged a girl and now she’s dead.

So thats the song. It all makes sense now.
Just back on 13:03 - Jan 13 with 2127 viewsMancR

Don't get all this praise for Sheffield yesterday. They created virtually nothing. Their goal came as a real shock as we'd been under zero pressure and lumley didn't have a save to make. Our old nemesis Sharp never had a sniff, while poor old Conor didn't even make the bench.
Maybe our defending is getter even better.
Just back on 13:21 - Jan 13 with 2098 viewsbillericaydicky

Two average teams slugged it out and created little. They took one of their few chances (Lynch at fault?) and we created zip. Just one of those games I’m afraid. My main criticism was allowing them to get as many crosses into our box as they did.

We miss Luongo and as has been mentioned Wells was quiet but had lumps kicked out of him.

Not the end of the world, must bounce back, etc.
Just back on 13:27 - Jan 13 with 2082 viewsYorkRanger

Just back on 13:03 - Jan 13 by MancR

Don't get all this praise for Sheffield yesterday. They created virtually nothing. Their goal came as a real shock as we'd been under zero pressure and lumley didn't have a save to make. Our old nemesis Sharp never had a sniff, while poor old Conor didn't even make the bench.
Maybe our defending is getter even better.

I think that is my point. They are a good side but we dealt with them yesterday
Just back on 13:39 - Jan 13 with 2047 viewsfrancisbowles

Just back on 13:21 - Jan 13 by billericaydicky

Two average teams slugged it out and created little. They took one of their few chances (Lynch at fault?) and we created zip. Just one of those games I’m afraid. My main criticism was allowing them to get as many crosses into our box as they did.

We miss Luongo and as has been mentioned Wells was quiet but had lumps kicked out of him.

Not the end of the world, must bounce back, etc.

Leistner lost his man. He's been very good on the whole but he plays for us, therefore he isn't perfect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024