Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
North End match thread 14:29 - Jan 16 with 15580 viewshopphoops

How many days to go is it?

Football will be played, intermittently. Some players will fukc something up, Preston will be a bit cynical, 2-0 Rs.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

North End match thread on 01:25 - Jan 19 with 3138 viewsTW_R

North End match thread on 16:56 - Jan 16 by extratimeR

Only team I know who could waste time after the Final whistle.

God help us, hope Ref knows what to expect.

I think we should really f*ck with their heads by taking the kick off and getting Eze to run the ball into the corner to waste the first 5 minutes. See how they play after that!
North End match thread on 01:33 - Jan 19 with 3130 viewsBoston

North End match thread on 01:25 - Jan 19 by TW_R

I think we should really f*ck with their heads by taking the kick off and getting Eze to run the ball into the corner to waste the first 5 minutes. See how they play after that!

Maybe we shouldn’t kick off ‘til 3.05?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

North End match thread on 06:08 - Jan 19 with 3114 viewsjohnhoop

North End match thread on 01:25 - Jan 19 by TW_R

Pearson would probably kick him up in the air and put him out for the season. And the ref would ignore it and wave play on.
North End match thread on 10:04 - Jan 19 with 3025 viewsjohncharles

North End match thread on 14:06 - Jan 18 by Dorse

I think we'll win. But then I always say that.

So do I. Usually go for 3 - 0 . So here goes, 3 - 0

Strong and stable my arse.

North End match thread on 10:18 - Jan 19 with 3013 viewsToast_R

I think we'll struggle today, going for a narrow defeat. 1-2
North End match thread on 11:08 - Jan 19 with 2986 viewsHantsR

I'm off shortly, cold and wet here and can't help remembering the first time I saw this corresponding fixture in a similar time of the year and similar weather in 1968. We won 2-0 and were due to play PNE again the next week in the FA Cup. I thought I'd treat myself and my dad to seats in Ellerslie Road, rather than the cold muddy terraces of SAR. However, Archie Gemmell ran rings round us and scored a wonder goal, similar to his much-vaunted 1978 World Cup goal v Holland. We lost 3-1 and was quite a shock to the system as I was starting to believe we were unbeatable at home that season. Hoping for much better today!
North End match thread on 13:28 - Jan 19 with 2922 viewsR_from_afar

North End match thread on 08:11 - Jan 17 by TheChef

Odds on it'll be Trevor Kettle for this one.

I was at Wycombe v Donny last Saturday, which was refereed by Kettle. I feared the worst but he was actually OK, all bar one bizarre and potentially catastrophic incident. With Donny closing in on the Wycombe goal, Wycombe committed a foul. Trev blew for it but Donny played on then lost the ball, Wycombe attacked and almost scored. It could've been interesting if they had.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

North End match thread on 13:32 - Jan 19 with 2919 viewsJAPRANGERS

Think we'll surprise ourselves:

5-1
Login to get fewer ads

North End match thread on 13:37 - Jan 19 with 2908 viewsbosh67

Since beating them 7 nil or something with Allen, Goddard and co many years ago we have a poor record against them at home. Avoiding defeat would be good, a draw better, a win very welcome. 1-1 I reckon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

North End match thread on 13:44 - Jan 19 with 2895 viewsDorse

North End match thread on 13:32 - Jan 19 by JAPRANGERS

Think we'll surprise ourselves:

5-1

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

North End match thread on 13:45 - Jan 19 with 2892 viewsCamberleyR

North End match thread on 13:37 - Jan 19 by bosh67

Since beating them 7 nil or something with Allen, Goddard and co many years ago we have a poor record against them at home. Avoiding defeat would be good, a draw better, a win very welcome. 1-1 I reckon.

That was Burnley. I take your point though that since we regularly started playing them again nearly twenty years ago that bar the Dexter Blackstock wonder goal game and the Adel one man show the year before the Warnock promotion season our record has been diabolical home and away.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 13:55]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

North End match thread on 14:21 - Jan 19 with 2761 viewsCamberleyR

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

North End match thread on 14:40 - Jan 19 with 2668 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Well as ever who knows what will happen today but for the sake of all those going along (tip my hat) I hope you all experience some sort of attacking intent which was sadly missing last week up at the Red Strpes. Someone mentioned it during the week on another thread but we can all only hope Big Steve has spent the week formulating a way to overcome those teams who cynically attempt to prevent our counter attacking play. Preston I suspect would have done their homework. Anyway It's bloody horrible out there and I've only been to Tesco for the food and beer weekly shop, good luck keeping warm you lot at the ground. 4-1 to the Hoops, Pav to get a brace.
North End match thread on 14:42 - Jan 19 with 2661 viewsSilverfoxqpr

North End match thread on 14:40 - Jan 19 by Silverfoxqpr

Well as ever who knows what will happen today but for the sake of all those going along (tip my hat) I hope you all experience some sort of attacking intent which was sadly missing last week up at the Red Strpes. Someone mentioned it during the week on another thread but we can all only hope Big Steve has spent the week formulating a way to overcome those teams who cynically attempt to prevent our counter attacking play. Preston I suspect would have done their homework. Anyway It's bloody horrible out there and I've only been to Tesco for the food and beer weekly shop, good luck keeping warm you lot at the ground. 4-1 to the Hoops, Pav to get a brace.

Ps - Good to see little Smyth on the bench. Let's hope he gets more than 5 minutes.
North End match thread on 15:00 - Jan 19 with 2557 viewsdannyblue

Have there ever been two rightbacks called Darnell on the same pitch before?
North End match thread on 15:01 - Jan 19 with 2547 viewskarl

North End match thread on 14:21 - Jan 19 by CamberleyR

This consistency of selection is lacking the prematch excitement of the tombola days!
North End match thread on 15:03 - Jan 19 with 2530 viewsrunningman75

Seemed to have kicked off late ( timewasting?).
North End match thread on 15:09 - Jan 19 with 2472 viewsBoston

North End match thread on 15:01 - Jan 19 by karl

This consistency of selection is lacking the prematch excitement of the tombola days!

‘ere Karl, just seen the Anderlecht Talbot result, there’s hope for you all.

North End match thread on 15:10 - Jan 19 with 2454 viewskarl

North End match thread on 15:09 - Jan 19 by Boston

‘ere Karl, just seen the Anderlecht Talbot result, there’s hope for you all.

Don't say that, Hibs are playing Elgin City today. That's enough underdogs for the day!
North End match thread on 15:13 - Jan 19 with 2407 viewsjonno

We haven't started well and Scowen has already been booked.
North End match thread on 15:17 - Jan 19 with 2329 viewsSilverfoxqpr

FFS
North End match thread on 15:17 - Jan 19 with 2321 viewsjonno

Absolutely ludicrous goal kick from Lumley to Scowen on the edge of the box who is tackled and Preston take the lead.
North End match thread on 15:18 - Jan 19 with 2282 viewstimcocking

Stupid, stupid idiots. Own goal for Joe Lumley. As bad as it gets that.
North End match thread on 15:19 - Jan 19 with 2247 viewsBoston

Bollox

North End match thread on 15:21 - Jan 19 with 2181 viewsjonno

Absolutely abysmal performance so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024