Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? 10:06 - Feb 3 with 26602 viewsloftboy

I’d say Ipswich have gone , three wins in thirty is abysmal, Bolton seem to be doing their best to take second from bottom, meanwhile all the teams between them and us are picking up points, would take a monumental collapse of our own doing but I won’t be celebrating until the maths say we can’t.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 13:36 - Feb 28 with 4036 viewsTGRRRSSS

All but safe now, but another 6 points would do the trick, but looking at the below 2 teams would need to go on a hell of a run and us...…. well...………

Anyway think we're safe now albeit not mathematically.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 07:39 - Mar 3 with 3780 viewsLblock

Back to nine points I see.

8 losses in 9 games is atrocious, I don’t care who you’re playing in that run, what injuries you’ve got, how bad your luck is not what self important pr1ck is reffing.... you just find a way to stop the rott!!

Key home games coming up now and we probably need to win 4 of the last 11 games to be mathematically sure. It’s a farkin disgrace that this thought is in my head, yet again, as March comes around
The chewing gum losing its flavour.....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:00 - Mar 3 with 3667 viewsTGRRRSSS

We also played a lot in a very short space of time, especially screwed on the Bristol City followed by Watford games in the space of 3 days, throw in the Pompey replay.

I agree it's a terrible run of form, but also shows how important Cameron and Rangel were, it seems broadly we've hit a bit of a wall after that period from September to December when overall we did very well.

Even in January we got a point away at VP where we were unfortunate not to pick up the win.

Bolton and Rotherham games are absolutely crucial at least not to lose in those games.

Ipswich are gone and losing yesterday against Fakes (a real rival for them) sealed the deal for me.

What a disaster their season has been, incredible really.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:06 - Mar 3 with 3648 viewsNorthernr

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 07:39 - Mar 3 by Lblock

8 losses in 9 games is atrocious, I don’t care who you’re playing in that run, what injuries you’ve got, how bad your luck is not what self important pr1ck is reffing.... you just find a way to stop the rott!!

Key home games coming up now and we probably need to win 4 of the last 11 games to be mathematically sure. It’s a farkin disgrace that this thought is in my head, yet again, as March comes around

We did stop the rot, on Tuesday.

To be fair this thought is never not in your head. If we were 25 points clear of the bottom three you'd still be on here pointing out that there are 30 still left to play for so technically we're still in the sht.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:42 - Mar 3 with 3570 viewsWatford_Ranger

Even we are good enough to cobble five or six points from the games left this month.

Reading play Wigan next so someone is dropping points. Rotherham go to Sheff U so would be a huge ask to get anything there.

Looking at Reading’s remaining games we’d really have to do something awful to not finish above them. Horrific set of fixtures.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:43 - Mar 3 with 3557 viewsisawqpratwcity

Have you got chewing gum between your ears?

Rotherham have got eleven games left, so could double their 33 points, as could Reading, and nearly so with Millwall on 34 points. We have 42 points, nine ahead of Rotherham and Reading, so to be mathematically sure, we have to win another eight games plus another point for a worse goal difference. (Note that those three clubs have all played each other twice, so cannot cost each other points.)

Most would think that's just silly, wouldn't they? The way Rotherham, Reading and Millwall are going at less than a point a game, we only need maybe four or five points for safety. But please, don't let me interrupt your 'The sky is falling' rant.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 10:49 - Mar 3 with 3426 viewsCamberleyR

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:42 - Mar 3 by Watford_Ranger

Even we are good enough to cobble five or six points from the games left this month.

Reading play Wigan next so someone is dropping points. Rotherham go to Sheff U so would be a huge ask to get anything there.

Looking at Reading’s remaining games we’d really have to do something awful to not finish above them. Horrific set of fixtures.

Exactly. Both Rotherham and the Fakes still have to play three of the current top four in their remaining fixtures.
Rotherham: Sheff U, Norwich and West Brom
Fakes: Leeds, Norwich, West Brom plus Pulisball away the final day thrown in for good measure.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 10:55]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 11:58 - Mar 3 with 3302 viewsWatford_Ranger

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 10:49 - Mar 3 by CamberleyR

Exactly. Both Rotherham and the Fakes still have to play three of the current top four in their remaining fixtures.
Rotherham: Sheff U, Norwich and West Brom
Fakes: Leeds, Norwich, West Brom plus Pulisball away the final day thrown in for good measure.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 10:55]

I’m doing my own open top bus tour from Slough to Reading if they go if you wish to join.
Login to get fewer ads

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 13:53 - Mar 3 with 3167 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'm in!

Readings next 6 are

Wigan Home
Leeds Home
Stoke Away
PNE Home
Hull away
Norwich Away justy four days later taking us to 10/4

Wigan is the closest to a gimme BUT if we were in their position we'd be doubting we'd get a point.

Very tough, also currently 9 points behind us as it stands.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:05 - Mar 3 with 3069 viewsLblock

My apologies......

I should of course be happy that they’ll surely be a replication of that Notts Forest result where (I quote) “it would take a set of miraculous results for us to be in any danger of going down” was bandied around.
Yes, yes, yes I know it DIDNT happen.....

I am almost sure we’ll stay up but that’s not my point. I’m just sick of reaching the end of every season looking down rather than up.
Yes, yes, yes I know next season probably going to be even worse

Fcuk football

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:14 - Mar 3 with 3049 viewsloftboy

I still maintain that beat Rotherham and we will be okay, can’t see any of the bottom three getting to 45, obviously I’d rather we hit 50 sooner rather than later, but no way will this be a season where someone goes down on 50+ points.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 15:26]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:23 - Mar 3 with 3029 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:06 - Mar 3 by Northernr

We did stop the rot, on Tuesday.

To be fair this thought is never not in your head. If we were 25 points clear of the bottom three you'd still be on here pointing out that there are 30 still left to play for so technically we're still in the sht.

The whole QPR fanbase is waiting to see your report today Clive and talk us down from the ledge .I can not wait to read what you have to say about that useless wan*er of a ref because as pitiful as we were playing he destroyed our day.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 17:01 - Mar 3 with 2934 viewsNorthernr

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:05 - Mar 3 by Lblock

My apologies......

I should of course be happy that they’ll surely be a replication of that Notts Forest result where (I quote) “it would take a set of miraculous results for us to be in any danger of going down” was bandied around.
Yes, yes, yes I know it DIDNT happen.....

I am almost sure we’ll stay up but that’s not my point. I’m just sick of reaching the end of every season looking down rather than up.
Yes, yes, yes I know next season probably going to be even worse

Fcuk football

I just don't get what you gain out of rushing onto here at this time every year to tell everybody we're going down. What pleasure do you get out of it? What does it achieve? We might still go down this season, it's very unlikely, but if it does happen what you going to do, jump up and down and celebrate because you were right? If not then really what's the point in being the one who races to be the first to say "we're doomed".

Nobody is happy with the run of results or how we're playing or what went on yesterday. But literally every season since we've been relegated from the Prem it's got to February and you've absolutely sht the bed all over this board about how the sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling and on every occasion to far we've been fine.

I shudder to think what you'll be like next season when it actually might be.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 18:19 - Mar 3 with 2815 viewsbosh67

As others have said if we beat Rotherham, which knowing us is a banana skin at home we should be all but safe. But I think we need to set a target with 11 games to at least try and win a few home games and nudge a few points away. 50+ will easily be enough but anything north of 46 points should just about do it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 18:31 - Mar 3 with 2791 viewsEsox_Lucius

Based on our average of 1.1 points a game we should be capable of hitting 56 points. Reading, Rotherham & Millwall , based on their average of less than a point a game, will land on 42-43 points at the end. Ipswich will be exceeding their potential if they reach 30 points.

The grass is always greener.

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 18:39 - Mar 3 with 2778 viewsdavman

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 17:01 - Mar 3 by Northernr

I just don't get what you gain out of rushing onto here at this time every year to tell everybody we're going down. What pleasure do you get out of it? What does it achieve? We might still go down this season, it's very unlikely, but if it does happen what you going to do, jump up and down and celebrate because you were right? If not then really what's the point in being the one who races to be the first to say "we're doomed".

Nobody is happy with the run of results or how we're playing or what went on yesterday. But literally every season since we've been relegated from the Prem it's got to February and you've absolutely sht the bed all over this board about how the sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling and on every occasion to far we've been fine.

I shudder to think what you'll be like next season when it actually might be.

To be fair, Clive - I worry for YOUR mental health when the sht that next season will undoubtedly bring gets here...

We can't even hope and pray for a takeover to get us out of this sht as teh league's P&S rules have locked that particular door - don't matter how much owners have, we still cannot buy anything!

His last statement is the one point I do agree with L Block on...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 18:43 - Mar 3 with 2769 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I couldn't give a f uck if we go down really. New grounds and smaller queues for the bogs.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 18:56]
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 13:58 - Mar 4 with 2444 viewsR_from_afar

I'm worried we could still go down - there is still no room for complacency, we are not safe yet - but when I read this
"It’s a farkin disgrace that this thought is in my head, yet again, as March comes around"
it made me wonder how I missed the memo stating that we have a divine right to remain in the Championship.

I thought we would be in a far worse position by this point of the season given the quality of our squad and the constraints the ongoing FFP regulations impose on us, and that's without mentioning the albatross of the big FFP fine which is already hanging around our neck.

I know you are saying it because you care, but I think you need to revise your expectations. FFP means that avoiding relegation is now a major achievement for clubs like ours. In fact, I demand a trophy for every time we do achieve it!

RFA
PS: Oh, forgot I mention: FFP just ground our hopes and dreams into the dust like a discarded fag end. Grrrrrr

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 14:23 - Mar 4 with 2415 viewsRblockPrior

We are by no means safe however as most have said I think a win against Rotherham and Bolton will secure our status for another year.

One thing that worries me is next year we will be worse off with a weaker team full of youngsters, now our fans are fantastic when things are going well but when they are not our fans do a great job at adding to the pressure. We need to as a whole become more patient and understanding (not easy I know) I expect the majority of our fans expected us to struggle this season so why do many seem so surprised and outraged by recent results.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 14:33 - Mar 4 with 2394 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 13:58 - Mar 4 by R_from_afar

I'm worried we could still go down - there is still no room for complacency, we are not safe yet - but when I read this
"It’s a farkin disgrace that this thought is in my head, yet again, as March comes around"
it made me wonder how I missed the memo stating that we have a divine right to remain in the Championship.

I thought we would be in a far worse position by this point of the season given the quality of our squad and the constraints the ongoing FFP regulations impose on us, and that's without mentioning the albatross of the big FFP fine which is already hanging around our neck.

I know you are saying it because you care, but I think you need to revise your expectations. FFP means that avoiding relegation is now a major achievement for clubs like ours. In fact, I demand a trophy for every time we do achieve it!

RFA
PS: Oh, forgot I mention: FFP just ground our hopes and dreams into the dust like a discarded fag end. Grrrrrr

This.

Struggling is hardly out of character for us is it?
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 14:40 - Mar 4 with 2374 views2Thomas2Bowles

We just lost 8 of 9
We often don't do well against teams that are also struggling but raise our game against better sides.
To assume we are going to have an easy time from now on is more a hope than a certainty.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 14:41]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:24 - Mar 4 with 2338 viewskensalriser

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 14:40 - Mar 4 by 2Thomas2Bowles

We just lost 8 of 9
We often don't do well against teams that are also struggling but raise our game against better sides.
To assume we are going to have an easy time from now on is more a hope than a certainty.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 14:41]

People often say this, but it's a perceptive distortion caused by expectations that isn't borne out by results.

This season we've gained 17 points from 8 games against the bottom six and 6 points from 10 games against the top six. It couldn't be much more loaded towards us doing better against poorer teams and worse against better teams.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 15:25]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 16:12 - Mar 4 with 2296 views2Thomas2Bowles

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:24 - Mar 4 by kensalriser

People often say this, but it's a perceptive distortion caused by expectations that isn't borne out by results.

This season we've gained 17 points from 8 games against the bottom six and 6 points from 10 games against the top six. It couldn't be much more loaded towards us doing better against poorer teams and worse against better teams.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 15:25]

I think we will stay up this season but with fewer points than last.

Next season, we're fecked

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 21:51 - Mar 13 with 2079 views2Thomas2Bowles

7 points off relegation
1 Win in 11

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 22:28 - Mar 13 with 1927 viewsLblock

Dress it up and bring me your Notts Florist

There’s a certain smell about the place

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024