Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? 10:06 - Feb 3 with 26600 viewsloftboy

I’d say Ipswich have gone , three wins in thirty is abysmal, Bolton seem to be doing their best to take second from bottom, meanwhile all the teams between them and us are picking up points, would take a monumental collapse of our own doing but I won’t be celebrating until the maths say we can’t.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 07:47 - Mar 14 with 3372 viewsLblock

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:43 - Mar 3 by isawqpratwcity

Have you got chewing gum between your ears?

Rotherham have got eleven games left, so could double their 33 points, as could Reading, and nearly so with Millwall on 34 points. We have 42 points, nine ahead of Rotherham and Reading, so to be mathematically sure, we have to win another eight games plus another point for a worse goal difference. (Note that those three clubs have all played each other twice, so cannot cost each other points.)

Most would think that's just silly, wouldn't they? The way Rotherham, Reading and Millwall are going at less than a point a game, we only need maybe four or five points for safety. But please, don't let me interrupt your 'The sky is falling' rant.

Just re-read this thread as I hadn’t seen some of the final bits of scoffing

Seems the sky falling in Club has expanded its membership

And as for me shtting the bed every season and coming on here getting joy from it that’s a bit belittling. I thought people’s POV was what these platforms are for?

Need to win three from nine now.... after racking up four points from last thirty six

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 11:25 - Mar 14 with 3206 viewsfrancisbowles

It could look a lot worse after Hull on Saturday, albeit Millwall are on FA cup duty so they will still be on 37 points.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:05 - Mar 14 with 3054 viewsenfieldargh

What would happen if Bolton failed to complete their fixtures which is on the cards.

We would loose 3 points but would it mean only two clubs being relegated?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:07 - Mar 14 with 3046 viewsNorthernr

That Millwall-style run of results appears to be coming to pass. You won't beat anybody playing as we have in the last three games.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:15 - Mar 14 with 2992 viewsMytch_QPR

Remaining games - and my wildly optimistic predictions....

Hull (A) L
Bolton (H) W (come on!!!)
Naaarwich (A) L
Millwall (A) L
Swansea (H) D
Blackburn (H) D
Fat Frank (A) L
Notts Trees (H) L
Owls (A) L

Okay, so we might do a typical QPR and come up with something unexpected against the likes of Derby / Norwich - but unlikely. That's 5 points, folks. The common reckoning is 51 for safety (?)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:18 - Mar 14 with 2974 viewsNorthernr

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:15 - Mar 14 by Mytch_QPR

Remaining games - and my wildly optimistic predictions....

Hull (A) L
Bolton (H) W (come on!!!)
Naaarwich (A) L
Millwall (A) L
Swansea (H) D
Blackburn (H) D
Fat Frank (A) L
Notts Trees (H) L
Owls (A) L

Okay, so we might do a typical QPR and come up with something unexpected against the likes of Derby / Norwich - but unlikely. That's 5 points, folks. The common reckoning is 51 for safety (?)

Even before last night we were saying in the pub I think we'll lose all five away games to nil, but still be ok because we'll beat Rotherham and Bolton and maybe one other at home. Lol.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:50 - Mar 14 with 2861 viewsLongsufferingR

Just had a look at Rotherham and Reading's remaining fixtures. Tough.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:57 - Mar 14 with 2826 viewsMick_S

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:50 - Mar 14 by LongsufferingR

Just had a look at Rotherham and Reading's remaining fixtures. Tough.

They are stinkers, aren't they.

Edit. Mlilwall and Wigan also have a tough run in.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 16:04]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 16:25 - Mar 14 with 2732 viewsLongsufferingR

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 15:57 - Mar 14 by Mick_S

They are stinkers, aren't they.

Edit. Mlilwall and Wigan also have a tough run in.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 16:04]

Millwall's task is slightly easier as they have a guaranteed three points at home v QPR
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 16:49 - Mar 14 with 2670 viewsted_hendrix

You'd think for one season, just one bloody season we wouldn't have to have a thread like this and the same old scenario of looking at other clubs pox ridden fixture lists every bleeding March.
I can cope with us being shit but I just wished we had a few more points in the bank.
Bolox.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 16:53 - Mar 14 with 2662 viewsPinnerPaul

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 07:47 - Mar 14 by Lblock

Just re-read this thread as I hadn’t seen some of the final bits of scoffing

Seems the sky falling in Club has expanded its membership

And as for me shtting the bed every season and coming on here getting joy from it that’s a bit belittling. I thought people’s POV was what these platforms are for?

Need to win three from nine now.... after racking up four points from last thirty six

Not sure we'll need 52 points - see Clive's history of points needed to stay up - its only been that high once in 10 years or something.

I think 4 more points will do it - that's not say I'm over confident of getting them, but this is the Championship and I think we are capable of getting at least 1or 2 more 'coupon busting' results a la Leeds
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 17:41 - Mar 14 with 2601 viewsManinBlack

I am old enough to remember when matches used to finish at 90 minutes and we didn't concede that many last minute goals. Ever since stoppage time was introduced, which has led to an average of 4-5 minutes added to the end of matches, it has done us little favours.

It seems to me that we concede more goals in added time than we ever score since stoppage time was inflicted on us and has had a big bearing on our results over the years. You only have to look at 2019 and all the points we have lost after 90 minutes have elapsed which would have virtually secured our Championship status if the matches finished on 90/91 minutes like in the old days. Without stoppage time City would not have won the league that year.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 21:02 - Mar 14 with 2442 viewspaulparker

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 16:49 - Mar 14 by ted_hendrix

You'd think for one season, just one bloody season we wouldn't have to have a thread like this and the same old scenario of looking at other clubs pox ridden fixture lists every bleeding March.
I can cope with us being shit but I just wished we had a few more points in the bank.
Bolox.

We didn’t last year ted we were comfortable and able to blood youngsters
This year bar November and December it has been a real war of attrition in my mind there is one relegation spot up for grabs and I think Millwall and Wigan have the guts to get out of it , that leaves us , Rotherham and Reading and maybe Hull, I don’t fancy our chances tbh

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 21:45 - Mar 14 with 2394 viewsDavieQPR

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 21:02 - Mar 14 by paulparker

This year bar November and December it has been a real war of attrition in my mind there is one relegation spot up for grabs and I think Millwall and Wigan have the guts to get out of it , that leaves us , Rotherham and Reading and maybe Hull, I don’t fancy our chances tbh

No. Last year we looked comfortable but managed to completely mess it up.Youngsters were blooded for one game then dropped.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 21:59 - Mar 14 with 2362 viewspaulparker

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 21:45 - Mar 14 by DavieQPR

No. Last year we looked comfortable but managed to completely mess it up.Youngsters were blooded for one game then dropped.

Or protected you could say, either way Mclaren has done an awful job with them , I cannot think of one player who has improved under his master coaching

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 19:11 - Mar 15 with 2095 viewsloftboy

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 10:57 - Feb 3 by Northernr

Ha ha, here we go.

Still feel the same Clive?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 20:52 - Mar 15 with 2048 viewsStanisgod

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 21:02 - Mar 14 by paulparker

Hull??

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 00:01 - Mar 16 with 1948 viewsLblock

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 19:11 - Mar 15 by loftboy

Still feel the same Clive?

Don’t sht the bed mate!

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 06:38 - Mar 16 with 1862 viewsWatford_Ranger

Birmingham only 25/1 to go down so bookies insuring against the possibility of a points deduction.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:21 - Apr 1 with 1570 viewsLblock

I’ve just cleaned the mattress after needlessly shitting the bed again.

Sky still up in the, well sky I suppose, so that’s not fallen in yet.

So we seriously have to spend the next 5 weeks looking out for the results of Rotherham, Millwall and to a certain extent Bolton
Birmingham will be just fine..... nice one Mr Harvey
I also think Reading will pull clear..... and they were bloody awful most of the season

We are now in serious danger and this collapse needs to stop. Where better than at Millwall?!??

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:39 - Apr 1 with 1500 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It is quite farcical with a run of three home fixtures against -

Stoke (ten men)
Rotherham (the only team in the whole football league without an away win) and
Bolton (the only team as bad as us on current form)

that we get one point. One point!

I find it hard to justify Steve Mcs current employment and I am not one for continually changing managers.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:48 - Apr 1 with 1487 viewsplasmahoop

I think he should go, and we could do with a bit of a new manager bounce to see us over the finishing line to stay up this season. As Clive said before the Leeds game, teams don't just keep losing. But we are making a pretty good attempt, and I would imagine the powers that be are getting twitchy
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:59 - Apr 1 with 1463 viewsToast_R

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:48 - Apr 1 by plasmahoop

I think he should go, and we could do with a bit of a new manager bounce to see us over the finishing line to stay up this season. As Clive said before the Leeds game, teams don't just keep losing. But we are making a pretty good attempt, and I would imagine the powers that be are getting twitchy

Yes no excuses for that, the Steve McClaren appointment has been a complete waste of time. Brought into to coach the youngsters, how's that been going?

I wanted Holloway out after the Millwall debacle but f*ck me, I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 10:08 - Apr 1 with 1425 viewsRs_Holy

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 09:59 - Apr 1 by Toast_R

Yes no excuses for that, the Steve McClaren appointment has been a complete waste of time. Brought into to coach the youngsters, how's that been going?

I wanted Holloway out after the Millwall debacle but f*ck me, I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

I didnt want Ollie out and definately didnt want Wally in!
However I'm at the point now where its a case of whats the point in getting rid of him? We'll only appoint yet another waste of space manager and it'll cost money the club cant afford! We may as well stick with him even tho he is pretty useless!
Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 10:17 - Apr 1 with 1392 viewskropotkin41

Could we still get pulled into a relegation battle? on 10:08 - Apr 1 by Rs_Holy

I didnt want Ollie out and definately didnt want Wally in!
However I'm at the point now where its a case of whats the point in getting rid of him? We'll only appoint yet another waste of space manager and it'll cost money the club cant afford! We may as well stick with him even tho he is pretty useless!

I agree with sticking with SM. Why take another punt when we know that the problems run so much deeper than who the manager is?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024