Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting away with it 17:12 - Mar 2 with 23116 views2Thomas2Bowles

How come Steve is getting such a soft ride
If it were Olly he would be getting dogs abuse

Back to
McClueless

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Getting away with it on 18:29 - Mar 2 with 2701 viewskensalriser

Getting away with it on 17:54 - Mar 2 by stevec

I’m not sure what the fuss is about.

It was blatantly obvious after 4 games that this squad was a relegation side. McClaren brought in 4 loans, 3 of which were a great success. 2 of those 3 have been missing and the other, Wells, can’t be expected to carry the side whilst they’ve been out so long.

Subsequently we’ve been falling back down the league with essentially the squad that was not good enough at the start of the season.

If the players aren’t up to it then a manager, whoever he is, can only do so much about it.

Now there's a unicorn, a stevec post that both makes sense and I can totally agree with.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 18:31]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Getting away with it on 18:34 - Mar 2 with 2685 viewstraininvain

Getting away with it on 18:27 - Mar 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

our biggest problem isn’t the manager

So MH and 'arry were blameless

As far as I know, it's been the owners and LF who had the say on managers.

I don't think it was just MH who interviewed us looks like Steve did too.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 18:29]

Go on then what’s the solution?

So far as I can tell you’re the type to sit behind a keyboard stirring up problems but realistically you don’t have any clue how to sort this out.

Our biggest issue is we can’t spend money to improve the squad. This had been the same for Holloway, McClaren etc hence we are standing still.

You’re not helping with your shit stirring as the instability you seek could be the difference between surviving and playing league one football.

But you don’t actually go to games so it’s easy to sit there and give it the large.
Getting away with it on 18:34 - Mar 2 with 2682 viewsWestonsuperR

Completely agree with this. I don’t think now is the time to sack SM but I am surprised that he seems to be getting away with such a dreadful run and overall a poor season, with the money spent on loan players the very least I’d expect is a significant improvement in points and league position, hasn’t happened. It looks to me that McLaren is some how living off our FA Cup run, wins against a weakened Leeds team, team from League 2 and a loss.
Getting away with it on 18:36 - Mar 2 with 2667 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting away with it on 18:15 - Mar 2 by CamberleyR

"But who is the replacement and why would you expect better results? "

This is something that posters like Rangers67 who only ever appear on here after defeats and call for the manager's head will never answer.

It's a loaded question that's why, it's not down to supporters to come up with the answer but the clubs of which they have been pretty good at getting poor managers in for nearly a decade

Getting away with it on 18:43 - Mar 2 with 2625 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting away with it on 18:34 - Mar 2 by traininvain

Go on then what’s the solution?

So far as I can tell you’re the type to sit behind a keyboard stirring up problems but realistically you don’t have any clue how to sort this out.

Our biggest issue is we can’t spend money to improve the squad. This had been the same for Holloway, McClaren etc hence we are standing still.

You’re not helping with your shit stirring as the instability you seek could be the difference between surviving and playing league one football.

But you don’t actually go to games so it’s easy to sit there and give it the large.

Yeah that will be it...
Anyone had Heart surgery by 2Thomas2Bowles 2 Mar 2019 10:03
After having some pain in my back (not unusual being in a wheelchair), neck and jaw pain(new) it turned out to be a low-level heart attack

Had an angiogram Tuesday
LMS Minor disease
LAD Severe disease
LCx Severe ""
RCA completely blocked
Leaking heart valve

Told
Not treatable with stents
High risk with open heart as complicated
Will be seeing a surgeon who does keyhole, for a better word, not hopeful

Hate Hospitals
Hate surgery

Anyone with experience?

Yes I know some of you don't believe I even had a heart!

Getting away with it on 18:58 - Mar 2 with 2559 viewsRangers67

And right on cue here come the Steve lovers, it’s unbelievable that anyone thinks he is the right man.
Getting away with it on 18:59 - Mar 2 with 2548 viewsWatford_Ranger

Getting away with it on 18:58 - Mar 2 by Rangers67

And right on cue here come the Steve lovers, it’s unbelievable that anyone thinks he is the right man.

I’m not in the McLaren Out camp just yet but don’t think he could have any complaints if he was. He’s basically saved by our lack of options.
Getting away with it on 19:04 - Mar 2 with 2514 viewspaulparker

First things first Mclaren needs to coach that back four , how many goals have we conceded ffs
We got lucky against Leeds in the week if lumley hadn’t of made that double save we would have lost , it’s as clear as anything either Freeman or Eze or even both are going to be sold so what ever crumbs that are get over it’s vital we invest in a at least 3 defenders a left back a quick centre half and a right back
Let’s get it right we have been walloped by fcuking Brentford not Barcelona

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Getting away with it on 19:04 - Mar 2 with 2512 viewstraininvain

Getting away with it on 18:43 - Mar 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah that will be it...
Anyone had Heart surgery by 2Thomas2Bowles 2 Mar 2019 10:03
After having some pain in my back (not unusual being in a wheelchair), neck and jaw pain(new) it turned out to be a low-level heart attack

Had an angiogram Tuesday
LMS Minor disease
LAD Severe disease
LCx Severe ""
RCA completely blocked
Leaking heart valve

Told
Not treatable with stents
High risk with open heart as complicated
Will be seeing a surgeon who does keyhole, for a better word, not hopeful

Hate Hospitals
Hate surgery

Anyone with experience?

Yes I know some of you don't believe I even had a heart!

Get well soon but that doesn’t change the fact you’re regularly on here trying to stir up things up.

I genuinely hope you get better but for those of us who watch the R’s regularly I don’t think posts like this are helpful at all.

But if you have some ideas on new manager / the direction of the club I’d be interested to hear them.
Getting away with it on 19:05 - Mar 2 with 2502 viewsloftus77

Getting away with it on 18:34 - Mar 2 by WestonsuperR

Completely agree with this. I don’t think now is the time to sack SM but I am surprised that he seems to be getting away with such a dreadful run and overall a poor season, with the money spent on loan players the very least I’d expect is a significant improvement in points and league position, hasn’t happened. It looks to me that McLaren is some how living off our FA Cup run, wins against a weakened Leeds team, team from League 2 and a loss.

And the fact that he is (to date) the only man ever on this planet to be our manager and win a game of football at the City Ground, Nottingham.
Getting away with it on 19:11 - Mar 2 with 2478 viewsCiderwithRsie

We all know we've just lost a stack of games but what's the point of going on about Ollie yet again, or calling for the manager to be sacked unless there's a better option?

Chances are we're not going down due to the excellent run the same manager put together earlier. He's far from perfect but he has shown signs of learning from mistakes (e.g. look at the FA Cup campaign after the Caribou nonsense) which makes him our first manager coach to do that since, I dunno, probably Gerry Francis.
Getting away with it on 19:14 - Mar 2 with 2466 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting away with it on 19:04 - Mar 2 by traininvain

Get well soon but that doesn’t change the fact you’re regularly on here trying to stir up things up.

I genuinely hope you get better but for those of us who watch the R’s regularly I don’t think posts like this are helpful at all.

But if you have some ideas on new manager / the direction of the club I’d be interested to hear them.

Umm You're the one who thinks only those that go should have an opinion
Said without even knowing why some may not be able to go.

You are welcome to come round and pick me up in your wheelchair accessible vehicle, sit in the disability section with me if you buy my ticket, (can't afford it on IPP benefits)
and I'll educate ya.

Till then you can stick your opinion of me where the sun don't shine

Thanks for the good wishes
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 19:33]

Getting away with it on 19:21 - Mar 2 with 2430 viewsactonman

Tbf , we have been very olly like with winless runs and playing utter sh!te away from home so not much has changed.

You can argue why we didn’t keep olly all you like but in truth all the previous managers have been pretty much useless but nobody is on here crying over Ramsay, jfh etc

The worry for me is mclaren’s job ain’t going to get any easier next season with a much worse squad so we are relying on his coaching skills which as it stands are farking sh!t

I’ve had enough of the whole lot if I’m honest, it don’t matter what we do we’re fking cursed anyway
Getting away with it on 19:25 - Mar 2 with 2412 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting away with it on 19:21 - Mar 2 by actonman

Tbf , we have been very olly like with winless runs and playing utter sh!te away from home so not much has changed.

You can argue why we didn’t keep olly all you like but in truth all the previous managers have been pretty much useless but nobody is on here crying over Ramsay, jfh etc

The worry for me is mclaren’s job ain’t going to get any easier next season with a much worse squad so we are relying on his coaching skills which as it stands are farking sh!t

I’ve had enough of the whole lot if I’m honest, it don’t matter what we do we’re fking cursed anyway

If we don't sack him the end of the season he will walk anyway.

Getting away with it on 19:35 - Mar 2 with 2360 viewsWatford_Ranger

Getting away with it on 19:25 - Mar 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

If we don't sack him the end of the season he will walk anyway.

Why? Don’t think he’ll be inundated with job offers somehow.
Getting away with it on 19:40 - Mar 2 with 2330 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting away with it on 19:35 - Mar 2 by Watford_Ranger

Why? Don’t think he’ll be inundated with job offers somehow.

Oh come on he is a great coach and ex England manager, anyone would be grateful to get him Apparently we were *not me*

Getting away with it on 19:45 - Mar 2 with 2307 viewsTHEBUSH

We have 42 points with eleven games to go, which seems about right for a club that is skint.

We are missing Cameron big time in front of our defense, next season is gonna be even worse
Getting away with it on 19:47 - Mar 2 with 2284 viewsCamberleyR

Getting away with it on 18:34 - Mar 2 by WestonsuperR

In case it's escaped your attention, two of the loan players,Cameron and Hemed, have been injured for lengthy spells. Hemed missed nine and Cameron has so far missed fourteen league games and is probably still at least a couple of matches away from returning.

The stats prove that when he plays, we don't usually lose (3 in the 13 he played) which included the game he got injured in and only played 45 minutes of, which we were drawing at the time.

Add in the fact Rangel, although not a loan player, was one of our best performers as well prior to him getting injured at the same time as Cameron. McClaren can't do anything about players getting long term injured pretty much all at once.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Getting away with it on 19:52 - Mar 2 with 2258 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting away with it on 19:47 - Mar 2 by CamberleyR

In case it's escaped your attention, two of the loan players,Cameron and Hemed, have been injured for lengthy spells. Hemed missed nine and Cameron has so far missed fourteen league games and is probably still at least a couple of matches away from returning.

The stats prove that when he plays, we don't usually lose (3 in the 13 he played) which included the game he got injured in and only played 45 minutes of, which we were drawing at the time.

Add in the fact Rangel, although not a loan player, was one of our best performers as well prior to him getting injured at the same time as Cameron. McClaren can't do anything about players getting long term injured pretty much all at once.

Olly had the same problems with injuries last season yet was lambasted

S Mc oh it's not his fault...

This is what I mean by getting a soft ride

Getting away with it on 20:01 - Mar 2 with 2223 viewsted_hendrix

Steve McClaren, Ian Holloway, whats the bloody difference? absolutely nothing as far as I can see, unless somethings wrong with my bloody head we're in the same position now as we were this time last season.
Nothings bloody changed and wont anytime soon, I've long since realized we are (like it or not) a lower half Championship club who should just about survive this season with what seems to me to be bloody mediocre players.
What concerns me though is next season and the players we are going to lose, I'm not in the know but I believe we are on a transfer embargo (apart from loans).
We've just got done by our local rivals on 'their' bloody manor and every now and then on this MB we get to see pictures of their new ground rising out of the ground.
Today hurts of course it does, but take it on the chin and get used to it, life's a bitch I just wish for two maybe three games on the trot we could play reasonably well consistently.
Thank fck for the terminally shit Bolton and Ipswich and whoever else you wish to mention.
Back to McClaren, his recent results are a disgrace and he should be told in no uncertain to get his finger out and earn his bloody keep.
We've got tough times ahead of us on the pitch and off of it whether we like it or not and this includes next season.
Why the fcking hell I had to walk into bloody Loftus Road for the first time at the age of eight with my big brother way back in 1958 I don't know.
Still could be worse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Getting away with it on 20:02 - Mar 2 with 2218 viewsWatford_Ranger

Getting away with it on 19:47 - Mar 2 by CamberleyR

It can’t be a huge surprise signing players well over 30 don’t last a 46 game season.

None of them have been value for money really. We’ve needed Wells and Cameron particularly but all four have either been injured for long periods, mediocre or, in Hemed’s case, both.
Getting away with it on 20:14 - Mar 2 with 2172 viewsHooparoo

Not sure I’m ready to agree with sacking him but I’m getting pretty fcking sick of the same excuses every week. Press rewind. Repeat.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Getting away with it on 20:20 - Mar 2 with 2148 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/mcclarens-brentford-defeat-reaction/

Hard to argue with this. McClaren as p*ssed off with them as we are.

I think it is easy now to attack the manager. I've been guilty of having a go at him but the reality is the players aren't concentrating and aren't doing their jobs consistently. I wrote a thread this morning almost warning the players against complacency and they did just that.

Players at the moment for me are a bigger problem than McClaren. Not putting in consistent shifts against players who aren't really any better than them but that listen to their managers.

I think it is the players that need to get a grip and listen to what they have been told and get on with it better.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Getting away with it on 20:23 - Mar 2 with 2130 viewsHooparoo

Getting away with it on 20:20 - Mar 2 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/mcclarens-brentford-defeat-reaction/

Hard to argue with this. McClaren as p*ssed off with them as we are.

I think it is easy now to attack the manager. I've been guilty of having a go at him but the reality is the players aren't concentrating and aren't doing their jobs consistently. I wrote a thread this morning almost warning the players against complacency and they did just that.

Players at the moment for me are a bigger problem than McClaren. Not putting in consistent shifts against players who aren't really any better than them but that listen to their managers.

I think it is the players that need to get a grip and listen to what they have been told and get on with it better.

Isn’t this what a captain is supposed to do on the field?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Getting away with it on 20:35 - Mar 2 with 2081 viewsbosh67

Getting away with it on 20:23 - Mar 2 by Hooparoo

Isn’t this what a captain is supposed to do on the field?

Collective responsibility

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024