Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting away with it 17:12 - Mar 2 with 23113 views2Thomas2Bowles

How come Steve is getting such a soft ride
If it were Olly he would be getting dogs abuse

Back to
McClueless

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Getting away with it on 20:39 - Mar 2 with 2443 viewsdistortR

I have no idea what the tactics were today.

as for McClaren having better players, not sure I would choose Hemed, Angel, Wells and Cameron over Smithies, Chief, Robinson and possibly even the adaptable Perch?

We are very weak off the bench, still not convinced loaning any and everyone out was the right idea, while understanding the need for them to get game time.

I think the op is probably right, McClaren is getting an easier time of it, but i also think, and know in my case and a couple of mates i talk to who still go regularly, that the fans have had the stuffing knocked out of them by the dashing of hopes , the seemingly inexorable downward spiral and the realisation of the implications of our enforced financial situation.

Unless we can work some financial wizardry, i can't see us staying up next year and without a pie-in-the-sky new stadium, which i don't actually want anyway, i don't know how we turn things round.
Getting away with it on 21:10 - Mar 2 with 2345 viewsHooparoo

Getting away with it on 20:35 - Mar 2 by bosh67

Collective responsibility

Yes, inspired by effective leadership

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Getting away with it on 21:19 - Mar 2 with 2320 viewspaulparker

Getting away with it on 20:39 - Mar 2 by distortR

I have no idea what the tactics were today.

as for McClaren having better players, not sure I would choose Hemed, Angel, Wells and Cameron over Smithies, Chief, Robinson and possibly even the adaptable Perch?

We are very weak off the bench, still not convinced loaning any and everyone out was the right idea, while understanding the need for them to get game time.

I think the op is probably right, McClaren is getting an easier time of it, but i also think, and know in my case and a couple of mates i talk to who still go regularly, that the fans have had the stuffing knocked out of them by the dashing of hopes , the seemingly inexorable downward spiral and the realisation of the implications of our enforced financial situation.

Unless we can work some financial wizardry, i can't see us staying up next year and without a pie-in-the-sky new stadium, which i don't actually want anyway, i don't know how we turn things round.

Smithies I give you
Robinson let’s not forget was a slow middle of the road left back who Olly converted to a decent CB , Ned was constantly injured last year, Cameron is well a head of perch same as wells and Hemed are an improvement on Washington and mackie I still think Sylla had a role in this squad but that’s just me
What’s criminal is the miss use of Smyth and manning
Mclaren has had better players than what Olly had here we are more than likely going to finnish 16th or 17th the same as last year , so we have given Olly the last year of his contract

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Getting away with it on 21:47 - Mar 2 with 2248 viewstraininvain

Getting away with it on 21:19 - Mar 2 by paulparker

Smithies I give you
Robinson let’s not forget was a slow middle of the road left back who Olly converted to a decent CB , Ned was constantly injured last year, Cameron is well a head of perch same as wells and Hemed are an improvement on Washington and mackie I still think Sylla had a role in this squad but that’s just me
What’s criminal is the miss use of Smyth and manning
Mclaren has had better players than what Olly had here we are more than likely going to finnish 16th or 17th the same as last year , so we have given Olly the last year of his contract

Cameron would be well ahead of Perch if a) they played the same position and b) Cameron hadn’t been injured for the last 3 months.

Hemed’s a better centre forward than Washington but again he’s been injured / unfit for most the season.

Manning was struggling to get in the Rotherham team, came back here played a few games didn’t impress and now he’s on the periphery again. It’s almost like he’s not good enough (in the eyes of a few managers now) but plenty on here seem to know better.

Let’s not pretend that Holloway or McClaren have been blessed with lots of good options. The real jokers in amongst all of this are Hughes, Redknapp and perhaps most importantly Fernandes.

They blew our chance of becoming an established Premiership club. The rest have been trying to pick up the pieces ever since with one arm tied behind the back.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 21:47]
Getting away with it on 22:15 - Mar 2 with 2169 viewsbob566

Getting away with it on 21:47 - Mar 2 by traininvain

Cameron would be well ahead of Perch if a) they played the same position and b) Cameron hadn’t been injured for the last 3 months.

Hemed’s a better centre forward than Washington but again he’s been injured / unfit for most the season.

Manning was struggling to get in the Rotherham team, came back here played a few games didn’t impress and now he’s on the periphery again. It’s almost like he’s not good enough (in the eyes of a few managers now) but plenty on here seem to know better.

Let’s not pretend that Holloway or McClaren have been blessed with lots of good options. The real jokers in amongst all of this are Hughes, Redknapp and perhaps most importantly Fernandes.

They blew our chance of becoming an established Premiership club. The rest have been trying to pick up the pieces ever since with one arm tied behind the back.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 21:47]

Great post. Damage done by previos managers. People are deluded sometimes. Think mclaren has done well under a transfer embargo. Thats right folks. Spent 0 on transfers and brought through some young uns. I certainly want him here next year if for the forest hoodoo alone been lifted.
Getting away with it on 23:01 - Mar 2 with 2108 viewsRangers67

Getting away with it on 17:48 - Mar 2 by CamberleyR

Straightforward question. Why do you only ever post on here after a defeat?

Sorry didn’t realise I had to log on and post at certain times . If you like I will in future only post after we win a game, that obviously means whilst Mclown is in charge that won,t be very often. But I get the feeling that would suit you Steve, yes I know it’s you Steve as it can’t be anyone with half an idea about football. How does this suit you, Steve is the best coach we have ever had and is doing a fine job, sign him up for life, he is brilliant , he has made such a difference with his coaching skills, we are playing great football and Steve is consistently out coaching our opponents, now you can go to bed happy. Sorry if the truth hurts Steve but you’re not up to it.
Getting away with it on 23:04 - Mar 2 with 2102 viewscorse

I did think steve is a tosser when he came and still do but the footy under his reign has been better than last season with ollie. Injuries or not the simple fact is that without loanees who have been out a while the core of our team is crxp without luongo and freeman. Nothing more than decent league one mid table and schteeve is over achieving with this lot. Just wait for the next season when the loanees are gone and luongo and freeman sold. Its bloody same who the manager is then or now. Cannot see us anywhere else than in relegation dog fight. But at the moment the rate we are losing games is alarming and something must be done. What? Dont know. To change the manager now is defo not the answer and absolutely pure and simple idiotism at this time of the season. But our board has not been the sharpest one in years so....what the heck...dont give a shxte if the decide to do so.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 23:06]
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:49 - Mar 3 with 1973 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Getting away with it on 00:51 - Mar 3 with 1970 viewsPunteR

Im trying to think how Warnock did it so successfully. Yes we had Taraabt but if you look at the rest of the team none of the players were considered top championship quality players were they?
Derry and Hill spent most of their playing careers in the lower leagues. Gorks and Connolly were by no means standout championship players before the 10/11 season started. Bradley Orr, Ephraim?.
I dont know but something isnt right at our club. Is it that our players are just not good enough or is it the manager isnt getting the best out of them.? The players can play well, we've all seen them do it with our own eyes. Why are they not performing consistently well? The buck stops at Maclaren and he's just not good enough. He's getting an easy ride because there has been moments where its looked like we can push on but if you look at the whole campaign he's been utter garbage really and no better than Ollie.
Thats the reality. I'll be supprised if he's still here next season.

Getting away with it on 01:42 - Mar 3 with 1938 viewsVancouverHoop

Seriosly? There's no one in this team comparable to Taarabt and Faurlin. Nor are our loanees comparable with Routledge or Kyle Walker.
Getting away with it on 02:03 - Mar 3 with 1933 viewswombat

Getting away with it on 18:59 - Mar 2 by Watford_Ranger

I’m not in the McLaren Out camp just yet but don’t think he could have any complaints if he was. He’s basically saved by our lack of options.

Same but he has helped Crete the problem , his supposed big selling point was he’s such a good coach and fantastic at bringing players through from youth level , tell me which players has he improved this season ? Anyone

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Getting away with it on 03:24 - Mar 3 with 1892 viewsisawqpratwcity

Anybody want to trade statistics over why Holloway is supposedly better than McClaren? I'll take the contrary if you are game.

This recent run of games has been difficult and, at times, very disappointing. But that's all it is, a bad run; McClaren is still clearly an improvement on Holloway.

I reckon you had this all ready to go four days ago, 2T2B, but unfortunately we beat Leeds!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Getting away with it on 07:25 - Mar 3 with 1798 viewsGloucs_R

I'll judge him at the end of the season. The next few games are winnable.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Getting away with it on 07:55 - Mar 3 with 1766 viewsYorkRanger

Personally I do think there has been some progress this season although I accept the loaned in players have helped with that and I agree the current run has been very poor, albeit there have been genuine moments of misfortune in the 8 defeats.

Our problems run much deeper than the manager though and I would give him next season. The cost of paying him off should be avoided and whilst I like Ainsworth to think he will have some kind of magic wand is misguided.

Ultimately our financial position and infrastructure currently points to us being a lower half championship club and I can't see that changing any time soon. I fear that those who think this season has been tough are in for a rude awakening next season.
Getting away with it on 08:23 - Mar 3 with 1727 viewsGloucs_R

Getting away with it on 07:55 - Mar 3 by YorkRanger

Personally I do think there has been some progress this season although I accept the loaned in players have helped with that and I agree the current run has been very poor, albeit there have been genuine moments of misfortune in the 8 defeats.

Our problems run much deeper than the manager though and I would give him next season. The cost of paying him off should be avoided and whilst I like Ainsworth to think he will have some kind of magic wand is misguided.

Ultimately our financial position and infrastructure currently points to us being a lower half championship club and I can't see that changing any time soon. I fear that those who think this season has been tough are in for a rude awakening next season.

We have the 50th largest stadium in the football league. Just below Vale and above Carlisle. Can't make any money out side of match day. Can't spend too much because of FFP. Outside of parachute payments we are pretty screwed. On paper we're a bottom championship / league one club.

Won the lottery twice, pished it up the wall twice.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Getting away with it on 08:44 - Mar 3 with 1707 viewsPunteR

Getting away with it on 01:42 - Mar 3 by VancouverHoop

Seriosly? There's no one in this team comparable to Taarabt and Faurlin. Nor are our loanees comparable with Routledge or Kyle Walker.

No but warnock got the best out of the othr players and the loan system. Of course now looking back it was a great team but Warnock still had it all to do pre season.
We've all seen moments where our players look like world beaters. Theres potential but clearly they cant sustain that level. Why is that? Surely that comes down to the manager and coaching staff ?
Im not saying sack him btw i just think its not really clicking yet and as pointed out numerous times its going to get harder next season. Will Maclaren still want to be here? Im not so sure.

Im not trying to compare the two seasons because obviously circumstances, players, staff are all different but we've been in situations like this before and Warnock dragged us up. What was the key ingredient that got our club back on its feet and heading in the right direction? Before the 10/11 season started ?.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 9:07]

Getting away with it on 09:05 - Mar 3 with 1660 viewsHadders

In spite of our terrible start, post Christmas collapse and long losing streaks, somehow I've really enjoyed this season. We've had a handful of fantastic games, memorable for all the right reasons, and while McClaren has made mistakes (who hasn't?), if I hear he's been fired, I will have to smash my head repeatedly against the nearest wall.

To address the OP, abuse directed at Holloway was stupid and wrong too. Especially so in his case, as he was so emotionally committed to our club.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 9:29]
Getting away with it on 09:07 - Mar 3 with 1649 viewsTGRRRSSS

Smithies doesnt compare to to the mentioned above.

Otherwise I'd say Cameron and Rangel are better than the others, I think people need to wake up to FFP.

We are being fckd, and await to see what happens to others going forward who have clearly broken the rules, still waiting on Birmingham, Sheff Wed, Aston Villa you'd think.

FFP is destroying the EFL.
Getting away with it on 09:09 - Mar 3 with 1649 viewsNorthernr

Getting away with it on 03:24 - Mar 3 by isawqpratwcity

Anybody want to trade statistics over why Holloway is supposedly better than McClaren? I'll take the contrary if you are game.

This recent run of games has been difficult and, at times, very disappointing. But that's all it is, a bad run; McClaren is still clearly an improvement on Holloway.

I reckon you had this all ready to go four days ago, 2T2B, but unfortunately we beat Leeds!

Don't the stats show we're basically exactly the same as where we were last season? Same points, results and league position? That was certainly the case after 32 games.

In fact I've just been and looked.

Last season after 35 games we'd won 10 Drawn 10 lost 15 and had 40 points
This season after 35 games we've won 12 drawn 6 and lost 17 and have 42 points.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Getting away with it on 09:41 - Mar 3 with 1568 views2Thomas2Bowles

The question was , how come S Mc is getting a soft ride compared to Olly when in reality
we are not better off.

As for waiting for a reason like this, the result on its own deserves harsh criticism as did the WB match and the other games at the start

I said nothing in the 7 game losing run apart from we were a bit unlucky a couple of times
but we were also lucky in the AV game or it would be a losing run of 9

Compare that to those that lambasted Olly after EVERY losing game last season and never any praise when we won.

I'd say my question is fair.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 10:25]

Getting away with it on 09:45 - Mar 3 with 1546 viewsNorthernr

Not that I want to answer a question with a question but I do think your answer is "who else would you get?" Couple of times in the Crown and in the away end yesterday a similar conversation to the one you've tried to start here came up and ended pretty quickly with that question - who else would come, who else would take it, would they really do any better?

Of course you live in hope that we might make a left field appointment from Germany and do a Norwich or Huddersfield or something like that but Fernandes likes a name, so in all liklihood it would just be another one of those tired old soaks off the managerial merry-go-round, or a former QPR player that they could PR well. We've had Ramsey, Hasselbaink, Holloway and now McClaren since we came down and we've basically been in the same league position throughout - in and around 16th. So who would realistically come, who would we realistically go for, who would do much better?
Getting away with it on 09:46 - Mar 3 with 1545 viewspaulparker

Getting away with it on 00:51 - Mar 3 by PunteR

Im trying to think how Warnock did it so successfully. Yes we had Taraabt but if you look at the rest of the team none of the players were considered top championship quality players were they?
Derry and Hill spent most of their playing careers in the lower leagues. Gorks and Connolly were by no means standout championship players before the 10/11 season started. Bradley Orr, Ephraim?.
I dont know but something isnt right at our club. Is it that our players are just not good enough or is it the manager isnt getting the best out of them.? The players can play well, we've all seen them do it with our own eyes. Why are they not performing consistently well? The buck stops at Maclaren and he's just not good enough. He's getting an easy ride because there has been moments where its looked like we can push on but if you look at the whole campaign he's been utter garbage really and no better than Ollie.
Thats the reality. I'll be supprised if he's still here next season.

Spot on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Getting away with it on 09:49 - Mar 3 with 1535 viewspaulparker

Getting away with it on 09:09 - Mar 3 by Northernr

Don't the stats show we're basically exactly the same as where we were last season? Same points, results and league position? That was certainly the case after 32 games.

Your wasting your time with him this clown thinks JFH and Ramsey are better managers than Holloway

Getting away with it on 09:56 - Mar 3 with 1513 viewsisawqpratwcity

Getting away with it on 09:09 - Mar 3 by Northernr

So doesn't that make us better off?

Maybe not by much, but we've definitely broken the back of the fixture list and under punishing circumstances. I'm not at all worried about the rest of the season and reasonably comfortable that we'll finish above 16th and 56 points. Aren't you?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Getting away with it on 10:00 - Mar 3 with 1497 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting away with it on 09:45 - Mar 3 by Northernr

Not that I want to answer a question with a question but I do think your answer is "who else would you get?" Couple of times in the Crown and in the away end yesterday a similar conversation to the one you've tried to start here came up and ended pretty quickly with that question - who else would come, who else would take it, would they really do any better?

Of course you live in hope that we might make a left field appointment from Germany and do a Norwich or Huddersfield or something like that but Fernandes likes a name, so in all liklihood it would just be another one of those tired old soaks off the managerial merry-go-round, or a former QPR player that they could PR well. We've had Ramsey, Hasselbaink, Holloway and now McClaren since we came down and we've basically been in the same league position throughout - in and around 16th. So who would realistically come, who would we realistically go for, who would do much better?

We had him and the club shite on him again.
Even you said at the time, you did not believe it was necessary to sack him and doubts about S Mc

The club said when they got Olly back they wanted stability and someone that bleed Blue and white, knew the club and had a passion for it.

Let's be honest those that wanted Olly out in the fan base (not that many) thought we should be challenging for the playoffs and took no notice of our dire financial situation.

Just some bloke quoting stats to get him out that had nothing to do with the overall situation.
That same bloke is now using near on the same stats to say we are better off
his hatred for Olly runs deep
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 10:07]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024