Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket World Cup thread. 10:09 - May 21 with 53852 viewsSnipper

Jofra Archer has been named in the squad, and rightly so. He offers genuine pace and he’s still relatively unknown to the other teams. I don’t agree with the omission of David Willey though. I wouldn’t have had Liam Dawson. But hey ho.

This is the first round robin CWC since Australia/New Zealand in 1992. For me, that was the best CWC. Australia were big favourites, but lost their first four games. England are big favourites for this one. Let’s hope we get off to a better start.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:42 - Jun 21 with 2511 viewsCamberleyR

Looking back on previous World Cups, Sri Lanka do seem to be a bogey team, we've lost the last three and four out of the last five times we've played them. Looks like it's continuing...
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 17:46]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:47 - Jun 21 with 2495 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:42 - Jun 21 by ted_hendrix

It's not just Moeen its the whole team that are responsible, Moeen is and always has been an easy target.

I’m not saying that the rest aren’t to blame but he’d helped to steady the ship,but he couldn’t help himself.We only needed singles so why try and get it done ASAP?
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:51 - Jun 21 with 2478 viewsCamberleyR

9 down

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:11 - Jun 21 with 2450 viewsCamberleyR

All over. Stokes threatened but not enough support at the end.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:18 - Jun 21 with 2434 viewsSnipper

I said at the start that omitting David Willey was wrong. Too many of them are too overconfident imo.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:21 - Jun 21 with 2424 viewsted_hendrix

If no one else will say it I will, well done Sri Lanka and we'll do well to win the next two games IMO.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 20:02 - Jun 21 with 2360 viewsBlackCrowe

Fair play to Sri Lanka for sure. It's not a bad thing for England imo. Wake up call, it's been too easy with endless plaudits, reality check was needed. They've got the squad to win this thing and the last three matches will tell lots on their ability to do it.

Going on Tuesday, weather set fair, sandpaper at the ready. Only three more sleeps.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:59 - Jun 21 with 2267 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:18 - Jun 21 by Snipper

I said at the start that omitting David Willey was wrong. Too many of them are too overconfident imo.

he never would have got in this side.

Bigger loss was Hales as first reserve, and Roy getting injured. Also, feel we have to find a spot for Plunkett somewhere. God knows where.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket World Cup thread. on 00:19 - Jun 22 with 2245 viewsJamesB1979

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:18 - Jun 21 by Snipper

After we’ve failed to get 230 against a very poor Sri Lanka attack, how can anyone say another bowler would have made the difference? Wood and Jofra have been excellent all tournament. Vince, Ali and Buttler need to step up.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:07 - Jun 22 with 2144 viewsthame_hoops

We seem to be the only team there who can’t play Malinga, ever
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:02 - Jun 22 with 2120 viewsCamberleyR

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:07 - Jun 22 by thame_hoops

We seem to be the only team there who can’t play Malinga, ever

We've always had a problem with him and God knows why because in my eyes he's always been no more than a pie chucker, never rated him.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:10 - Jun 22 with 2089 viewsjonno

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:02 - Jun 22 by CamberleyR

We've always had a problem with him and God knows why because in my eyes he's always been no more than a pie chucker, never rated him.

I think it's because of his weird action, he delivers the ball from a strange position, low down and almost above the stumps at the opposite end. But he's way past his best, and people like Bairstow and Buttler should be able to deal with him by now. For him to take four wickets was frankly laughable. Disgraceful and brainless batting from Moeen, Woakes and Archer - looked like they were way too over confident, they just needed to hang around and get the strike to Stokes for England to win quite comfortably but threw it away. Vince I'm afraid is just not good enough at this level. We bowled and fielded well but threw the game away in the end. I can see us not qualifying now, could quite easily lose the last three games against Australia, India and New Zealand.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:02 - Jun 22 with 2059 viewsflynnbo

Great bowling performance by Afghanistan to restrict India to 224-8.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:37 - Jun 22 with 2000 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:02 - Jun 22 by flynnbo

Great bowling performance by Afghanistan to restrict India to 224-8.

that was an awesome match and afghanistan definitely won a lot of hearts today

but indias weaknesses have been really exposed

once you get past number 3, india is really mediocre. vijay shankar, jedhav are all average. dhoni is not up to intl odi standard with the bat anymore. defends defends defends and then tries to hit sixes at the end, which he lacks the bat speed now to do. pandya is a hitter, nothing more or less. and once you get to india's tail, its a horror show

kohli was pure class on a pitch where it was difficult to hit horizontal shots, but other than that, it aint great

the top 4 teams are all vulnerable... getting really fun
Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:38 - Jun 22 with 1983 viewsKiwi76

NZ have won last couple of very tight games - today’s was far tighter than should’ve been with magnificent innings from Brathwaite. Think reaching his 100 threw him a bit as didn’t need the glory shot to win game.
Some good tight matches last few to liven tournament up - just need Aussie to lose a couple...
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:22 - Jun 23 with 1890 viewsRangersw12

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:38 - Jun 22 by Kiwi76

NZ have won last couple of very tight games - today’s was far tighter than should’ve been with magnificent innings from Brathwaite. Think reaching his 100 threw him a bit as didn’t need the glory shot to win game.
Some good tight matches last few to liven tournament up - just need Aussie to lose a couple...

I went yesterday and have to say one of the best matches I've been to

Williamson's innings was pure class

Felt sorry for the Windies and should of just knocked the ball around to knock it off in singles
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:07 - Jun 23 with 1847 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:38 - Jun 22 by Kiwi76

Or all of them would be better.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:52 - Jun 24 with 1776 viewstimcocking

It's been a jolly pleasant highlight for me seeing Afghanistan linked with something that doesn't involve mass murder for a change. Something like Cricket might change attitudes much quicker than politicians seem to be able to do. Let's hope for all our sakes it does, poor buggers have been having a bloody nightmare out there for over a thousand years now.

There used to be (maybe still is) an Afghan restaurant near me just off Marylebone High Street when i was there. Nice curries, a little different to an Indian. Always like a good curry.

Khans' in Notting Hill the best Indian in London imo,
Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:24 - Jun 24 with 1758 viewsTheChef

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:11 - Jun 21 by CamberleyR

All over. Stokes threatened but not enough support at the end.

Stokes close, but no cigar - although arguably he should have decided to farm the strike when we got to 7 down, not 9 down. Still, well played Sri Lanka.

At least the last three games will confirm whether we're really deserving of a semi final place or not.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:23 - Jun 25 with 1689 viewsWokingR

COME ON ENGLAND !
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:40 - Jun 25 with 1636 viewsflynnbo

Poor bowling by England.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:41 - Jun 25 with 1629 viewsHooparoo

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:23 - Jun 25 by WokingR

COME ON ENGLAND !

COME ON AUSSIES!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:06 - Jun 25 with 1584 viewsaston_hoop

Finally a wicket!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:07 - Jun 25 with 1514 viewsPhildo

Ouch
Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:08 - Jun 25 with 1507 viewsMick_S

Kapow.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024