Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair. 12:19 - Aug 9 with 8358 viewsconnell10

I really hope he gets some first team game time this season and isnt squeezed out. Wont be happy if the lad is loaned out again.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chair. on 10:17 - Aug 12 with 1483 viewscpgerber

Chair's contract runs out end of the season, right? We need to tie him down for another year or two.
Chair. on 10:56 - Aug 12 with 1363 viewscyprusmel

Chair. on 20:52 - Aug 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

I reckon Scowen is one of those players that you write off at your peril.

I like Scowen, honest type of player and gives his all out there and we have to consider that he is being asked to play a different role in the team, it may take him time to adjust in the new system.
Chair. on 10:56 - Aug 12 with 1364 viewsJeff

Chair. on 10:17 - Aug 12 by cpgerber

Chair's contract runs out end of the season, right? We need to tie him down for another year or two.

we have a one year 'option' on all our young talent (so Eze, Bright, Chair etc.) which we invariably take up.

Means that he basically has just under two years left...

Can we not knock it?

Chair. on 11:02 - Aug 12 with 1342 viewsNorthernr

Given that we apparently now have some FFP headroom after the summer clear out, I'd be expecting Chair and Bright to be signing new deals in fairly short order.
Chair. on 11:03 - Aug 12 with 1339 viewsdaveB

We need to use him wisely, don't throw him in every game until he burns out make the fans want more and have us screaming for him to start games. I'd be using him off the bench or rotating him with Eze in the coming weeks with the aim of him being a regular starter in a few months
Chair. on 11:03 - Aug 12 with 1338 viewsNorthernr

Chair. on 11:03 - Aug 12 by daveB

We need to use him wisely, don't throw him in every game until he burns out make the fans want more and have us screaming for him to start games. I'd be using him off the bench or rotating him with Eze in the coming weeks with the aim of him being a regular starter in a few months

But a start tomorrow you would think?
Chair. on 11:04 - Aug 12 with 1337 viewsLazyFan

Chair. on 10:56 - Aug 12 by cyprusmel

I like Scowen, honest type of player and gives his all out there and we have to consider that he is being asked to play a different role in the team, it may take him time to adjust in the new system.

Fair enough. Invest to reap rewards.

However how long should he be given before we say enough is enough and we have to make the change?

There needs to be a limit, otherwise, it could be it was unworkable and we have wasted not only the opportunities for others but also no doubt valuable points.

Of course, if it works out, then this will be moot, but I think we need a time-box on it to make sure. So, if you were in charge, how long would that be?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Chair. on 11:04 - Aug 12 with 1336 viewsM40R

Chair. on 20:25 - Aug 11 by connell10

So Chair and Eze can play together !

Easy chair - better than a sofa or pew
Login to get fewer ads

Chair. on 12:16 - Aug 12 with 1224 viewscyprusmel

Chair. on 11:04 - Aug 12 by LazyFan

However how long should he be given before we say enough is enough and we have to make the change?

There needs to be a limit, otherwise, it could be it was unworkable and we have wasted not only the opportunities for others but also no doubt valuable points.

Of course, if it works out, then this will be moot, but I think we need a time-box on it to make sure. So, if you were in charge, how long would that be?

I would give him the next 3 or 4 games to see if it comes together and if he can do what the management want him too, if not change the team around.
Chair. on 12:29 - Aug 12 with 1194 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Chair. on 11:04 - Aug 12 by M40R

Easy chair - better than a sofa or pew

We've got a Pugh as well don't forget.
Chair. on 12:44 - Aug 12 with 1159 viewsfrancisbowles

Chair. on 11:04 - Aug 12 by LazyFan

I think he needs to be left out now. A team in development can't afford an error prone player. It could seriously damage what MW is trying to build, a team playing with confidence and style. We saw similar errors from him last season as well.

We have lots of options, my preference based on what I have seen so far would be bring in Ball and move Amos further forward.

I'm not saying we give up on Josh now but just 'rest' him and try something else. We can give him some more time later after, hopefully, we have consolidated and put more points on the board.
Chair. on 12:48 - Aug 12 with 1146 viewsrobith

Chair. on 19:41 - Aug 10 by LeedsR

Looked really lively when he came on. An immediate buzz when in possession and took a bit of pressure off Eze. Hungry for the ball and keen and eager to do something with it.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 19:54]

was interesting how his introduction opened space up for Eze and brought him right back into the game
Chair. on 13:24 - Aug 12 with 1087 viewsPetros

Both Chair and Manning are proper footballers. They would have improved the side immeasurably last season, in place of blunderheads like Bidwell and Cousins, who should have stuck to rugby and 800m running respectively. Inexplicable decision making.
Chair. on 17:03 - Aug 12 with 970 viewssevenhoop

Chair. on 22:26 - Aug 11 by Northernr

Chair looked the business yesterday. I'm so excited about him.
Trying to keep a lid on.

as i said on another thread on Saturday, think he will be player of the season if stays fit
Chair. on 19:10 - Aug 12 with 820 viewsdaveB

Chair. on 11:03 - Aug 12 by Northernr

But a start tomorrow you would think?

oh yeah i'd start him tomorrow, meant more the league games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024