Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bees match thread 08:05 - Oct 28 with 25182 viewsHooparoo

The Hooparoo family will all be on the couch early morning shouting “Urrrrsss!” all the way from East Brisbane to West London.

Please God, let us hammer these tossers. Amen etc 😇

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Bees match thread on 14:41 - Oct 28 with 2347 viewsbosh67

It's SKY isn't it.

We don't do league matches on SKY bar Millwall at home last season.

We don't turn up for SKY.

We rarely turn up in a Brentford game, apart from injury time last season at home.

Brentford are basically made up of parts of Scandinavian international teams.

If you look up Brentford's goal scorers, they now appear to share the goals between 5-6 players. They can score from anywhere.

But we are an attacking side and if we can finally shake the deer in headlights SKY camera thing and just go for Brentford then it's anyone's game.

The first 10 minutes will dictate it for me. If we let them at us, as we did against WBA and Reading then we will be under pressure, however much we attack. If we take the first ten minutes to them and pin them back then we could assert some dominance.

Like Warbs, Thomas Frank is a very very good manager. Very attacking like Warbs but the jump he has on us is that his side, even though they had a slow start this time round, are well bedded in. We are great but not as great as we will be... hopefully, when we sort out some of the defensive glitches.

Both teams can attack ruthlessly. Brentford's defence are younger and quicker than ours. They are not as leaky. They are also big so we will miss Hugill's physical presence. Do we bring in Mlakar and see if he has the metal for a fight? Or do we go low and try and outpace them with BOS, Wells and even Shodipo up front fed by Chair and Eze sitting in front of a holding midfielder? Just scare them with pace. Although as I say, their defence is quick as well.

How do we keep them out? They score from everywhere. They have quick forwards. Leistner is great in the air and not that quick, Barbet is good on the ground as long as he time things properly but he isn't quick either. Hall is good but again not quick. Rangel is good but slow. Not sure yet what Kane is. Cameron is good but not quick. Which leaves Manning who is quick but is needed to bomb forward to feed from the left. Do we put Masterson on the bench. Huge game to risk game time for him but he is young and allegedly very quick across the park. Keeping them out is the issue, not how many we can score.

If this was not on TV I would go for us sneaking it. On TV, if we do what we usually do, it could be a difficult night.

Probably the best thing to do is go 'full Warburton' throw everything at them and just try to simply outscore them. The first goal is key. We'll need an early one to get control.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bees match thread on 14:52 - Oct 28 with 2299 viewsBuckR

Bees match thread on 14:41 - Oct 28 by bosh67

It's SKY isn't it.

We rarely turn up in a Brentford game, apart from injury time last season at home.

If you look up Brentford's goal scorers, they now appear to share the goals between 5-6 players. They can score from anywhere.

But we are an attacking side and if we can finally shake the deer in headlights SKY camera thing and just go for Brentford then it's anyone's game.

The first 10 minutes will dictate it for me. If we let them at us, as we did against WBA and Reading then we will be under pressure, however much we attack. If we take the first ten minutes to them and pin them back then we could assert some dominance.

Like Warbs, Thomas Frank is a very very good manager. Very attacking like Warbs but the jump he has on us is that his side, even though they had a slow start this time round, are well bedded in. We are great but not as great as we will be... hopefully, when we sort out some of the defensive glitches.

Both teams can attack ruthlessly. Brentford's defence are younger and quicker than ours. They are not as leaky. They are also big so we will miss Hugill's physical presence. Do we bring in Mlakar and see if he has the metal for a fight? Or do we go low and try and outpace them with BOS, Wells and even Shodipo up front fed by Chair and Eze sitting in front of a holding midfielder? Just scare them with pace. Although as I say, their defence is quick as well.

How do we keep them out? They score from everywhere. They have quick forwards. Leistner is great in the air and not that quick, Barbet is good on the ground as long as he time things properly but he isn't quick either. Hall is good but again not quick. Rangel is good but slow. Not sure yet what Kane is. Cameron is good but not quick. Which leaves Manning who is quick but is needed to bomb forward to feed from the left. Do we put Masterson on the bench. Huge game to risk game time for him but he is young and allegedly very quick across the park. Keeping them out is the issue, not how many we can score.

If this was not on TV I would go for us sneaking it. On TV, if we do what we usually do, it could be a difficult night.

Probably the best thing to do is go 'full Warburton' throw everything at them and just try to simply outscore them. The first goal is key. We'll need an early one to get control.

Blimey they aint Barcelona!
Bees match thread on 15:06 - Oct 28 with 2263 viewsMick_S

Justice for Brentford.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Bees match thread on 15:35 - Oct 28 with 2208 viewsBoston

Bees match thread on 15:06 - Oct 28 by Mick_S

Justice for Brentford.

Why only ice?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bees match thread on 15:40 - Oct 28 with 2192 viewsPinnerPaul

Bees match thread on 09:11 - Oct 28 by actonman

I really hope we turn up tonight unlike previous bees games ! 4 points from the next 2 games would be dreamland and personally would rather beat the champions of Europe next week

We won here last year and its 3 years since they beat us at home.
Bees match thread on 16:07 - Oct 28 with 2129 viewsfrancisbowles

Bees match thread on 15:40 - Oct 28 by PinnerPaul

We won here last year and its 3 years since they beat us at home.

Good man, glass more than half full.

U Rrrrrrs
Bees match thread on 16:23 - Oct 28 with 2092 viewsRblockPrior

Over 15,500 sold so far. Sing loud and proud, the players are doing their part this season. Lets make sure the fans match it tonight

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Bees match thread on 16:44 - Oct 28 with 2037 viewsPinnerPaul

This is bound to curse it, but just had a fiver on us to win and both teams to score - 9/2 with Paddy Power
Login to get fewer ads

Bees match thread on 16:49 - Oct 28 with 2017 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bees match thread on 16:44 - Oct 28 by PinnerPaul

This is bound to curse it, but just had a fiver on us to win and both teams to score - 9/2 with Paddy Power

Good odds, Paul.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bees match thread on 16:59 - Oct 28 with 1983 viewsPinnerPaul

Bees match thread on 16:49 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Good odds, Paul.

TBF it was an offer - their 'normal' price was 7/2

I'll be at the game so will miss your on line 'commentary' - enjoy the match!

All - its meant to be sunny tomorrow, if it is I'll be out in the garden doing lots of autumn jobs, so you'll just have to wait for my comments on the referee's performance - hopefully he'll be magnificent and I'll be redundant!
Bees match thread on 17:01 - Oct 28 with 1979 viewslongbottom

6-5 to the hoops.
Barbet to get the winner with a 40 yard worldy.
Bees match thread on 17:07 - Oct 28 with 1965 viewsPinnerPaul

2nd if we win, 7th if we draw and 8th if we lose
Bees match thread on 17:29 - Oct 28 with 1897 viewseastside_r

Bees match thread on 09:06 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Can't get worked up about Brentford, just another game as far as I'm concerned.

3-1 to us if we go with three in midfield. Draw or defeat if we don't.

I used to be like this. I used to view Brentford the same way C****** fans see us. In the 80s I barely registered their existence. However I am not from West London (nor Middlesex, wherever that is.)

The sad fact is that they are now indeed our rivals and they absolutely hate us.

Got a bad feeling about this but I think a high-scoring draw is likely; 3-3 or 4-4.
Bees match thread on 17:32 - Oct 28 with 1887 viewsDavieQPR

Bees match thread on 14:41 - Oct 28 by bosh67

It's SKY isn't it.

If they are so much better than us why are they 5 points and 6 places below us?
Bees match thread on 17:43 - Oct 28 with 1855 viewsSilverfoxqpr

I’ve been in the Bush for hours, half term so promised shopping trip for the daughter in Westfield. I’m exhausted, need sustenance and alcohol, three points and a clean sheet. C’mon my team!
Bees match thread on 17:43 - Oct 28 with 1852 viewsjonno

They will have seen our recent games and seen how Reading played against us so will try to play the same way and unfortunately I suspect they will do that better than Reading did. Very difficult game for us I think, would be happy with a draw but a defeat is more likely I'm afraid.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2019 17:45]
Bees match thread on 17:44 - Oct 28 with 1850 viewspaulparker

This has got either a 3-1 to us or a 1-3 to them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bees match thread on 17:54 - Oct 28 with 1829 viewsbosh67

Bees match thread on 17:32 - Oct 28 by DavieQPR

If they are so much better than us why are they 5 points and 6 places below us?

They're not. It's because it's on f*cking SKY!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bees match thread on 18:45 - Oct 28 with 1662 viewsitsbiga

2nd in the table beckons!
U R's

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Bees match thread on 18:49 - Oct 28 with 1633 viewsrunningman75

I am working and struggling knee pain. Have a chronically ill cat at home who is on his way out of the world. Will listen to second half on the way home and hope the r's will continue spreading joy into my life tonight.
Bees match thread on 18:53 - Oct 28 with 1575 viewsOldPedro

Team news

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bees match thread on 18:56 - Oct 28 with 1547 viewsBrianMcCarthy

4231 or possibly 3331.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bees match thread on 19:03 - Oct 28 with 1471 viewsBoston

Bees match thread on 18:56 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

4231 or possibly 3331.

Nah, 15,875 is my guess.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.