Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze 17:47 - Dec 7 with 8781 viewsted_hendrix

I was listening in the car to AM talking about our game, he was hugely impressed with Eze he went as far as to say he was the complete footballer and had an excellent game.
Great to hear that from an ex pro footballer but of course we're gonna have to keep hold of the kid in January.
Fingers crossed.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:59 - Dec 9 with 1462 viewsGroveR

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:39 - Dec 9 by CamberleyR

"Shilton always used to wait until the kick had been taken and never seemed to get near any of them"

It was that and also the fact he was 40 years old at the time and didn't have the flexibility and agility he had at his peak ten years previously when he was winning European Cups with Forest, hence why he made such a bollocks of Brehme's deflected free kick that looped over him when he was only two or three yards off his line.

Unfairly blamed on Paul Parker at the time - I nearly got very fighty with Chels** fans in the Greyhound in Kensington that night until he set up Lineker for the equaliser.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:31 - Dec 9 with 1342 viewsAntti_Heinola

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:19 - Dec 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Shilton actually told people in interviews that he was going to wait!

He also proudly told the lads afterwards that he went the right way for every pen. Pearcery was fuming inside and says he wanted to yell at him 'why didn't you gamble for one of them?!'

Bare bones.

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:43 - Dec 9 with 1322 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:31 - Dec 9 by Antti_Heinola

He also proudly told the lads afterwards that he went the right way for every pen. Pearcery was fuming inside and says he wanted to yell at him 'why didn't you gamble for one of them?!'

Really? I'm not sure Shilton was really with it sometimes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:45 - Dec 9 with 1317 viewsNoelmc

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:26 - Dec 9 by Benny_the_Ball

I blame him more for Mexico 86. Yes Maradona used his hand and yes the officials should've seen it, but considering his height advantage plus an outstretched arm, Shilton should've beaten Diego to the ball regardless.

A few years later Shilton was opening a shopping precinct in Colliers Wood. The organisers brought a goal along for young kids to take penalties against Peter. Despite clearly being too old to take part, I couldn't resist the urge to queue up and take one. I smashed my penalty into the bottom left-hand corner (he waited for it) and said "that's for Mexico '86" before making a very hasty exit!
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 22:20]

Exactly what I've always thought, Benny.

No way should Maradona have beaten him to that ball. Shilton should have punched the ball clear and taken Diego out in the one action. He hardly got off the ground.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:45 - Dec 9 with 1314 viewsDannytheR

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:53 - Dec 9 by GroveR

I don't want to sound like we're trading horseflesh here because Eze is a superb talent but also still a young lad (and apparently a very grounded and likeable one) but if we don't have a negotiating strategy in place to realise maximum profit here the buy low/develop/sell high strategy isn't working.

£10m + 20% sell-on in the summer for openers, see who throws into the pot and play bidders off against each other. None of this "undisclosed fee", playing coy or "we need to sell" bòllocks.

I'm sick of seeing us get rolled on transfers - Andy Sinton going for less than Paul fùcking Warhurst and West Ham having the neck to value Dowie and Keith Rowland at half a million makeweights for Sinclair still make me want to weep and scrub myself in the shower.

He'll go for good money. He's the perfect age, playing for England under 21s and unlike our other sales in the last few years, there will be (a lot) more than one club in for him.

The story doing the rounds a couple of weeks ago was that Tottenham were going to offer 20m before Pochettino got fired, which when you bear in mind is what Sheffield Utd spent on McBurnie (!) is more than plausible.

Love him to bits but he's better than the Championship already. God I just hope it's not Chelsea.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:49 - Dec 9 with 1305 viewsMatch82

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:45 - Dec 9 by DannytheR

He'll go for good money. He's the perfect age, playing for England under 21s and unlike our other sales in the last few years, there will be (a lot) more than one club in for him.

The story doing the rounds a couple of weeks ago was that Tottenham were going to offer 20m before Pochettino got fired, which when you bear in mind is what Sheffield Utd spent on McBurnie (!) is more than plausible.

Love him to bits but he's better than the Championship already. God I just hope it's not Chelsea.

I hope that we set the price for Chelsea at 10m more than the next best offer
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 01:27 - Dec 10 with 1246 viewssmegma

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 15:23 - Dec 9 by BrianMcCarthy

The new model isn't the reason Eze will be sold. He'd be sold regardless of what model we used.

The new model is, however, the reason we discovered him, loaned him out, played him so often and coached him into being worth so much.

That Evil Les has a lot to answer for.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 01:31 - Dec 10 with 1245 viewssmegma

Doing the rounds??

Don't tell me, another made up story on the internet, it received more than 2 comments therefore making it a fact ??
Login to get fewer ads

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 07:53 - Dec 10 with 1174 viewsGroveR

Always wary of Spurs as Levy comes across as a shrewd chap and just because Clive Wilson. On the other side, signing Taarabt from them was probably Redknapp's finest bit of transfer business for QPR.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 08:02 - Dec 10 with 1168 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:41 - Dec 9 by CamberleyR

Ahem...

That clip edited it out, but he put the rebound away.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 10:35 - Dec 10 with 1082 viewswestberksr

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 14:42 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Lazy.

nail....head

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 14:06 - Dec 10 with 952 viewsCamberleyR

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 08:02 - Dec 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

That clip edited it out, but he put the rebound away.

This suggests not Baz.

The video on Le Tiss's tweet is fractionally longer and you can see the ball clearly heading over the bar. The follow up tweets from Saints fans suggest he didn't put the rebound away as well.

This website says that he scored with a long range effort in the 72nd minute but they lost the game 2-1.
https://premierleague25years.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/iconic-moments-le-tissiers

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 14:25 - Dec 10 with 925 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 14:06 - Dec 10 by CamberleyR

This suggests not Baz.

The video on Le Tiss's tweet is fractionally longer and you can see the ball clearly heading over the bar. The follow up tweets from Saints fans suggest he didn't put the rebound away as well.

This website says that he scored with a long range effort in the 72nd minute but they lost the game 2-1.
https://premierleague25years.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/iconic-moments-le-tissiers

I swear there was a documentary where he tried to qualify his miss by asserting he put the rebound away. Otherwise I stand corrected!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024