Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Luck UK 12:13 - Dec 12 with 56901 viewsPlanetHonneywood

For the Eze, not the Pugh!

#votewarburton

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Good Luck UK on 14:16 - Dec 18 with 2133 viewsDannytheR

Good Luck UK on 14:13 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Even London Labour got sick of that great friend of JC Ken Livingstone.

Wouldn't argue. I know people in London who would have never voted Tory normally who voted for Johnson as Mayor.

They didn't vote for him again last week.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 14:23]
Good Luck UK on 14:18 - Dec 18 with 2115 viewsCamberleyR

Good Luck UK on 13:47 - Dec 18 by Ned_Kennedys

Well if you are so 100% certain it will be a total disaster under Johnson then you can follow the democratic process in 2024 and vote him out.

You mean like the democratic process used by the voters of Richmond Park to vote out Zac Goldsmith, only for this to be potentially made a complete mockery of by Johnson planning to award his mate a peerage so he can remain in the cabinet?
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 14:20]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Good Luck UK on 14:25 - Dec 18 with 2085 viewsfrancisbowles

Good Luck UK on 14:18 - Dec 18 by CamberleyR

You mean like the democratic process used by the voters of Richmond Park to vote out Zac Goldsmith, only for this to be potentially made a complete mockery of by Johnson planning to award his mate a peerage so he can remain in the cabinet?
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 14:20]

Yes Camberley but they voted him out as their local MP, which obviously still stands. Johnson may want him as part of his team to run the country which is a different matter and not something that hasn't been done before.
Good Luck UK on 14:26 - Dec 18 with 2080 viewsQPR_Jim

Good Luck UK on 11:17 - Dec 18 by Clive_Anderson

I don't think anyone would mind big tax dodging corporations paying more tax, but Labour seem to want to drive out all corporations completely. We get most of our food from large corporations, so it might be a bit of a problem if they all disappear.

Having read about Shell they aren't paying tax because they are offsetting a loss from some investment from the previous year. This is pretty normal isn't it?

The rules are there to encourage companies to invest for the future and it would maximise tax income over the long term, rather than punishing them short term for investing in infrastructure.

This argument has gone full circle now surely. Conservatives said we needed to drop corporation tax, has no effect so now they're proposing to put it back to where it was. So we can draw the conclusion that if you put it up a little bit it's also unlikely to have any effect.
Good Luck UK on 14:37 - Dec 18 with 2055 viewsCamberleyR

Good Luck UK on 14:25 - Dec 18 by francisbowles

Yes Camberley but they voted him out as their local MP, which obviously still stands. Johnson may want him as part of his team to run the country which is a different matter and not something that hasn't been done before.

Hasn't been done for a long number of years but you're missing the point. He is still seemingly being rewarded for being rejected by the electorate (twice in three years in RP plus the London Mayoral election).

Cabinet members IMO should not sit in the unelected House of Lords as they can not be put under the same scrutiny as MPs for decisions they make. The HoL should not be used as some absurd insurance policy for MPs booted out by their constituents.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 23:06]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Good Luck UK on 14:39 - Dec 18 with 2053 viewsBostonR

Good Luck UK on 13:38 - Dec 18 by Russian__Bot

I believe you are in for a big disappointment if you think that... more wishful thinking

I look forward to watching the EU federalists coming to many slow realisations- like firstly, that we won't put up a border in Ireland and neither will Ireland.

No Irish leader would allow a hard border. So political and business sense will prevail (or they can kick Ireland out of the EU and crash their own currency 🤣) but no border will exist

The second main realisation is that the essence of Brexit was 'taking back control'. So they can't dictate to us what we do with our laws and regs. Yes we will sell into their market on the terms compliant with their regs (same as we do the world over). But we will do as we please in our own market and with any other markets we trade with (and before the woke brigade cry about workers protections - if he does do that- you'll have an election within 5 years to sort it- something you couldn't do if the AFD and NF move from 2nd to 1st in Germany and France)

And the realisation of big business already that we aren't shifting - they will not want to lose the trade surplus and money will talk and we will get a deal that works

Still waiting to see Paris and Frankfurt become the new global finance hubs like we were assured would happen if Brexit happened (they better get moving quickly over the next year 🤣)

Just a quick correction - I am not thinking that this is the approach. I am merely offering up a possible and in my view plausible course of direction.

After 3 yrs of wrangling it has now come down to two choices for the Tories:
1. Get Brexit done in the next 3-4 yrs - this will cost billions;
2. Reward the Labour heartlands for their support - this will cost billions.

You cannot have both, without borrowing eye-watering amounts of money, which would ultimately crash our economy.

For me, it is a simple litmus test for those new Tory voters - will their high streets look any different, will jobs be created and will the NHS be operational in 2024?
What price for a "priority queue" in A&E (£50 fee) in the UK by 2024?
Good Luck UK on 14:51 - Dec 18 with 2007 viewsfrancisbowles

Good Luck UK on 14:37 - Dec 18 by CamberleyR

Hasn't been done for a long number of years but you're missing the point. He is still seemingly being rewarded for being rejected by the electorate (twice in three years in RP plus the London Mayoral election).

Cabinet members IMO should not sit in the unelected House of Lords as they can not be put under the same scrutiny as MPs for decisions they make. The HoL should not be used as some absurd insurance policy for MPs booted out by their constituents.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 23:06]

Fair point and the House of Lords needs reforming at the least. However, might as well use what ever advantage you think you can gain within the current rules, in order to take on the task ahead.

Richmond is a pretty marginal constituency and as you mention he has been elected there previously, however, I wouldn't suggest it is representative of the country. Wealthy Richmond votes for what wealthy Richmond wants e.g. they are against the third runway, probably not for particularly green issues but because they are on the flightpath and don't like the noise that provides. They did in all probability choose to live there in the first place.
Good Luck UK on 15:01 - Dec 18 with 1979 viewsNed_Kennedys

Good Luck UK on 14:08 - Dec 18 by DannytheR

It's funny, I remember straight after the play off final in 2003 - square it Tommy etc - me and most of the people I was with just quickly made our excuses and piled out of the Millennium Stadium, wanting to back to the station asap because we just wanted to get out of there and on a train home. Not much more to be said, right?

What always stays with me is by the time we got there, there was a big bunch of Cardiff (in colours, replica shirts etc) lined up at the station giving it large and, in one charming case, spitting at us (we had kids with us too.)

I remember thinking at the time it was a bit weird really, that *even then* in their moment of absolute triumph, rather than celebrating properly, they only seemed able to get their jollies obsessing over the other side.

Anyway, I don't know why that came to mind.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 14:10]

Yeah I was there at the game. Although I was disappointed with the result I didn't spend the next few months bleating on about how unfair the result was and how the winners were terrible and didn't deserve it. Instead I knew that the way the system worked meant we had a chance to achieve our goal at a future date.
Login to get fewer ads

Good Luck UK on 15:09 - Dec 18 with 1957 viewscolinallcars

Thornberry has become the first to throw her hat into the ringfor the Labour leadership. Another London leftie. We need a good solid pragmatic leader from outside London to appeal to the lost voters.
Good Luck UK on 16:03 - Dec 18 with 1901 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Good Luck UK on 15:09 - Dec 18 by colinallcars

Thornberry has become the first to throw her hat into the ringfor the Labour leadership. Another London leftie. We need a good solid pragmatic leader from outside London to appeal to the lost voters.

Labour need to select a pragmatic leader with no connection to the Corbyn regime who will shift party policies back to left of centre (without alienating Trade Unions), eradicate anti-Semitism from within its ranks and propose a credible manifesto that is endorsed by independent bodies such as the Institute of Fiscal Studies, Institute of Economic Development and Office for National Statistics. Thornberry is not that person.
Good Luck UK on 16:05 - Dec 18 with 1895 viewsBenny_the_Ball

For anyone still under the illusion that it was purely a Brexit election and Corbyn and his policies weren't part of the problem, listen to Mary Creagh's interview.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50829352
Good Luck UK on 21:44 - Dec 18 with 1760 viewskensalriser

Labour needs someone who is electable. Trying to profile the type of person it should be, ie a Northern working class woman, or anything else, is really incredibly stupid. Boris Johnson is none of these things and neither is David Cameron.

Get the candidate who is most likely to win an election, whoever, whatever they are. Nothing else matters.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Good Luck UK on 22:37 - Dec 18 with 1709 viewsDannytheR

Good Luck UK on 15:01 - Dec 18 by Ned_Kennedys

Yeah I was there at the game. Although I was disappointed with the result I didn't spend the next few months bleating on about how unfair the result was and how the winners were terrible and didn't deserve it. Instead I knew that the way the system worked meant we had a chance to achieve our goal at a future date.

Bleating? I've given Cummings more credit for his election strategy than you or any of the other Tory boys here. I just don't get why you would pull off a result like that and still want to talk about Emily Thornberry.

Crack a smile, mate, it's almost Christmas.
Good Luck UK on 22:42 - Dec 18 with 1695 views2Thomas2Bowles

Good Luck UK on 21:44 - Dec 18 by kensalriser

Labour needs someone who is electable. Trying to profile the type of person it should be, ie a Northern working class woman, or anything else, is really incredibly stupid. Boris Johnson is none of these things and neither is David Cameron.

Get the candidate who is most likely to win an election, whoever, whatever they are. Nothing else matters.

They are fecked then.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Good Luck UK on 23:06 - Dec 18 with 1662 viewsNed_Kennedys

Good Luck UK on 22:37 - Dec 18 by DannytheR

Bleating? I've given Cummings more credit for his election strategy than you or any of the other Tory boys here. I just don't get why you would pull off a result like that and still want to talk about Emily Thornberry.

Crack a smile, mate, it's almost Christmas.

Lighten up Trotsky Lad: this is a politics thread so posts about current political news seems reasonable to me. Would be boring if it was just full of hot air from blokes moaning about what terrible things Johnson may or may not actually do.
Good Luck UK on 23:08 - Dec 18 with 1656 viewsDannytheR

Good Luck UK on 23:06 - Dec 18 by Ned_Kennedys

Lighten up Trotsky Lad: this is a politics thread so posts about current political news seems reasonable to me. Would be boring if it was just full of hot air from blokes moaning about what terrible things Johnson may or may not actually do.

Oh well, I tried.

Happy Christmas.

You can do your downvotes now.
Good Luck UK on 23:26 - Dec 18 with 1628 viewsTacticalR

I am a bit hampered at the moment as my broadband has been out for 3 weeks.

Here's what I said on a thread earlier this year (around February so a lifetime ago) in a reply to a point CiderwithRsie had made:

'Below the surface, the crisis of the social democratic parties is even more profound than that of the conservative parties (and the conservatives parties are in a profound crisis). The conservatives have a simple message, namely that whatever austerity measures necessary to keep capitalism going must be carried out. 'There are no magic money trees'. The social democratic parties are in an even more profound crisis because their Keynesian policies rely on a successful capitalism. That is why in practice for now the policy of the social democrats (Labour in Britain and the Democrats in the USA) consist primarily of not doing anything and waiting for the conservatives to fúck up.'

Our country is fckd match thread
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/235302/3421254/pag

When I get a chance I will try and reply to some of the good points made on this thread.

Air hostess clique

Good Luck UK on 01:23 - Dec 19 with 1596 viewsjohncharles

A hideously bitter woman. She lost her seat I believe.

Strong and stable my arse.

Good Luck UK (n/t) on 06:46 - Dec 19 with 1542 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Good Luck UK on 12:18 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

My niece joined the gov treasury last year, they paid her a big bonus (unheard of) for spotting a major feck up that would have cost Millions.

One of the papers will be doing an interview with her soon as she is the first to have joined the treasury without going to Ox/Cam but Honors in law degree.

I'll have a word and see if she can sort out some dosh for you all just don't hold your breath.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 12:36]

[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 6:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024