Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"we never win there" 07:53 - Jan 29 with 2953 viewsYorkRanger

LythamR's comment last night about playing better than we usually do at Blackburn made me think this might be an interesting thread.

What are the grounds that you have been to/go to where before you leave you are almost resigned to the fact that Rangers will not win and also is there any ground where we always lose at where perhaps you have missed the odd occasion we have won.

For me I think that is about 5 times at Blackburn for me and just one draw to show for it. Leeds and Newcastle are also grounds where I've never seen us win.

On the second point, I was planning to go to Forest last year, having been maybe 6 or 7 times previously. Something cropped up at the last minute which prevented me from going. You know the rest.
"we never win there" on 08:22 - Jan 29 with 2885 viewsstowmarketrange

Norwich is my unlucky ground.I’ve been loads of times and never seen us win there.I’ve had a car crash on the way there 30 years ago,I’ve been spat at by Diop up there,followed by a last minute winner for them by Roberts.
I’ve seen the wrong player sent off up there.I normally have to listen to their smug c@nting fans on the way back to the station,and on the few occasions that I’ve driven I always seem to get stuck in a big traffic queue to get out of the place.
I had my hot tea nicked off me in the 80’s because the police thought I’d throw it at their fans across the wire dividing us.
I’ve even had an accident in my lorry whilst working for the post office up there.I’m going up there today to pick up my wife’s new car so wish me luck.

I’ve also seen some brilliant bands there at the Waterfront,so isn’t all bad.

And I was too young to be there in April 1976 too.
"we never win there" on 08:36 - Jan 29 with 2836 viewsqprxtc

Birmingham City. I’ve been there eight times, never won and only seen us score one goal.

I haven’t been for a few years now.......,,
"we never win there" on 09:40 - Jan 29 with 2713 viewsSydneyRs

Was always Spurs for me back in the day. Used to go with a good mate who is a Spurs fan, would go to our respective ends and meet up afterwards.

We never won and seeing his smug face each time was hard to take, a couple of draws as good as it got. When we finally did win there I was away on holiday and.missed it!

I did get my own back to a degree. He came with me to LR when we beat them 4-1 with Ray Wilkins pulling the strings. On that occasion we had a bet that the loser would buy drinks for the winner all night and in fairness to him he honoured it.
"we never win there" on 09:48 - Jan 29 with 2691 viewsdaveB

Norwich for me, been 9 times and never seen us win
"we never win there" on 11:58 - Jan 29 with 2561 viewsYorkRanger

"we never win there" on 09:48 - Jan 29 by daveB

Norwich for me, been 9 times and never seen us win

Yep I could add Norwich to my list - although only 3 failures to date.

One of which was with some corporate hospitality in the boxes behind the goal. Excellent food (clearly Delia inspired) and then comfy chairs to sit in with the noise from outside piped in - a bit of a surreal atmosphere truth be told.
"we never win there" on 11:59 - Jan 29 with 2556 viewsthemodfather

easier to ask where do qpr win away? blackburn is a no no for us....
"we never win there" on 12:03 - Jan 29 with 2541 viewskernowhoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/highlights-blackburn-rovers-2-qpr-1/

Check out 5m 14s. The corner was taken from outside the quadrant and it led directly to the second goal.
"we never win there" on 16:07 - Jan 29 with 2392 viewsPinnerPaul

"we never win there" on 12:03 - Jan 29 by kernowhoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/highlights-blackburn-rovers-2-qpr-1/

Check out 5m 14s. The corner was taken from outside the quadrant and it led directly to the second goal.

Of course if it had been taken 3cm further back they never would have scored!

ANY part of the ball overhanging ANY part of the line is OK btw
Login to get fewer ads

"we never win there" on 17:13 - Jan 29 with 2308 viewshamptonhillhoop

I've seen us at Brentford six times now. One draw, five consecutive defeats. Only seen us win there in a pre-season friendly.
"we never win there" on 17:28 - Jan 29 with 2272 viewsichbinnaughty

Loftus Road
"we never win there" on 18:45 - Jan 29 with 2185 viewsDejR_vu

Given how poor we generally are away from home this could be a very long thread.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024