Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry 10:19 - Apr 17 with 6490 viewsJeff

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/open-letter-to-fans-from-efl-chairman/

confirms a) we've no idea when football will be back and b) it'll be behind closed doors when it is and c) they'll try and stream all games live...
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 10:20]

Can we not knock it?

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:55 - Apr 17 with 1531 viewsqprxtc

I don’t see the point at all in playing games behind closed doors just to finish the season.

Just get the pools panel to sit for the remaining games. Saves a whole heap of time and money for all.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:58 - Apr 17 with 1522 viewsTheChef

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:55 - Apr 17 by qprxtc

I don’t see the point at all in playing games behind closed doors just to finish the season.

Just get the pools panel to sit for the remaining games. Saves a whole heap of time and money for all.

Well apparently that's what they're doing for GCSEs, taking an average of work done so far and giving projected grades...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 15:13 - Apr 17 with 1493 viewsenfieldargh

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:16 - Apr 17 by Northernr

I said that at the start - BCD sort of assumes that footballers are super human and won't get it. What happens if we play a couple of games, then Bright, Eze, Hall come down with it. Number one, I don't think we should be made to play games without them, and number two, presumably everybody that played with them the week before now can't play for two weeks, so our games are off again.

I just don't see how it works. Smacks of desperation, which is why I think the sky deal has something to do with it.

Believe it or not some players still live in their family home with parents/grandparents.

I did overhear Eze's mum ask Ebere what time he would be home that night(after Bristol City Cup game this season) and did he have his front door keys.

Lower down the leagues there will no doubt be players who have vulnerable family members living with them. Do they , should they play?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 15:17 - Apr 17 with 1492 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:11 - Apr 17 by NorthantsHoop

I just don't think we can even consider the season starting again until it is 100% safe to do so. Football is a contact sport, how can 22 players distance themselves from each other, even behind closed doors.The virus must be overcome significantly before football resumes again. The battle for the future of football is below Premiership level so that towns and cities have a football club to support, once we get through these dark days. At the moment there is too much dancing around by the football elite, they need to get real, if the PFA, football authorities, wealthy clubs, their players and TV companies don't agree significant wage cuts, more clubs will go bust, more jobs lost and the fabric of football in the lower leagues damaged beyond measure.

I am guessing they will test the players and staff. By then we will be up to over 100k tests per day so plenty of capacity even after NHS and carers etc. Then when they are all testing negative they are good to be in contact with each other during games as there will be nothing to spread.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 15:56 - Apr 17 with 1441 viewsNorthernr

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 15:13 - Apr 17 by enfieldargh

Believe it or not some players still live in their family home with parents/grandparents.

I did overhear Eze's mum ask Ebere what time he would be home that night(after Bristol City Cup game this season) and did he have his front door keys.

Lower down the leagues there will no doubt be players who have vulnerable family members living with them. Do they , should they play?

Chair is with his parents in Antwerp atm.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 16:08 - Apr 17 with 1421 viewsGloucs_R

Season ticket holders won't get a refund in my opinion. What they will probably be offered is a discount off next season's ticket.

Which is pretty much what what the ticket agencies are doing and also most of the West end shows.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 16:28 - Apr 17 with 1406 viewsStanisgod

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 13:12 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Not wrong though am I? Fcking ridiculous.

(You're not wrong either btw, had a bad couple of days, can't believe I got riled up about fcking fruit pickers yesterday )

👌

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 17:42 - Apr 17 with 1355 viewsAntti_Heinola

I understand the point made earlier about the irrlevance of football today. But then, I spoke to a friend who has a health condition and would probably die if she got Covid and she's only about 40. And her viewpoint was: we can't live like this is going to pass. We have to try and enjoy life as we normally would, but in a different way. So obviously, she's only going out for exercise, and being extraordinarily careful, but at the same time saying we should not put things on pause - it's wasting time.
This is NOT to say no lockdown, of course, but I've thought about what she said a lot and I think she's right. If there is a safe way to play around July time, where all players and staff are regularly tested, then behind closed doors is an option that has to be explored. I know people love to hate footballers, but this is their life too. If we don't look at these options they coud lose a year out of their careers - that is serious when your career only lasts 10-15 years as a player. Obviously, losing their lives is far worse, but at the same time, IF there were proper safeguards and the virus has been brought under conrol significantly, then it has to be explored.
Yes, it's rubbish behind closed doors, but don't tell me each and every one of us would not be watching those games online if we had the chance.
But I do agree, and said so before, I can't see how we'll be allowed to go to games until, really, there is a vaccine. Realistically, that could be start of 2021-22 season. It could be later. And if that's the case - ie: lockdown relaxed but no large gatherings over 50-100 allowed - then BCD is realistically the only option.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 18:18 - Apr 17 with 1310 viewsessextaxiboy

Some older fans will have a problem with streamed matches .

Sky should have a channel for every league and show a couple of live games day and evening on each with a highlight show on terrestrial every night showing the eight games .
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 00:23 - Apr 18 with 1195 viewsbob566

So players are pretested for covid. Is that on the day? Has to be, right? You can't have it a week or day before because somebody has picked it up in the meantime. It's not happening folks until there is an antivirus
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 23:11 - Apr 18 with 1085 viewswombat

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 00:23 - Apr 18 by bob566

So players are pretested for covid. Is that on the day? Has to be, right? You can't have it a week or day before because somebody has picked it up in the meantime. It's not happening folks until there is an antivirus

Makes you wonder how many people will bother even after it’s deemed safe to go to games , say next season is cancelled till 2021 how many will have got out of the habit and thought I’ll not bother anymore ? Plus the cost of going when peop,e will still be struggling money wise.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 23:32 - Apr 18 with 1075 viewsthame_hoops

Those saying that they won’t watch games
On tv that are played behind closed doors...Yes you will! We are all desperate to watch live sports, especially in another month or two !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024