Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20th June...? 07:19 - Jun 1 with 11465 viewsDorse

According to the BBC, that's when we might see the Championship return.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52834579

Might be nice.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

20th June...? on 07:59 - Jun 1 with 4613 viewsdavman

Hoos not happy...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/hoos-we-vehemently-oppose-scheduled-return-

... surely, in these unprecedented times, three weeks is enough?
If not, is 4, 5, 6??

It'll be the same for everyone. If football HAS to return (not yet convinced that is the case quite yet), then they've got to get on with it haven't they?

Thoughts?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

20th June...? on 08:07 - Jun 1 with 4582 viewsenfieldargh

Its always been said by them wot know that players get injuries if they havnt got up to match play speed.

Its not unusual for several players not to make it through pre-season without picking up injuries.

Guess this is the main issue plus logistics for away games

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

20th June...? on 08:09 - Jun 1 with 4574 viewscolinallcars

I agree with Hoos. To just announce it without prior consultation with the individual clubs seems like madness to me but not entirely surprising.
20th June...? on 09:03 - Jun 1 with 4420 views2Thomas2Bowles

How dare they, it's only what the Prem think that matters.

Fined and relegated to D1

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

20th June...? on 09:28 - Jun 1 with 4371 viewsdaveB

a real disgrace that clubs were not consulted with this, what a mess
20th June...? on 09:41 - Jun 1 with 4342 viewsNorthernr

I'm really torn on this. Had a bash at writing the Barnsley preview intro sitting in the sun yesterday and it just felt too negative in tone, but at the same time I cannot get excited about football behind closed doors and feel that if you took television and money out of the equation there's no way it would be coming back this soon, or coming back at all until crowds can go in again.

I can perhaps see why you need to just suck it up and get these nine games done get the season completed and tie up those loose ends to prevent a logistical nightmare, but beyond that I don't think another season should be started without crowds. Who's it for? Sky Sports. Nobody else.
20th June...? on 10:10 - Jun 1 with 4261 viewsfrancisbowles

20th June...? on 08:07 - Jun 1 by enfieldargh

Its always been said by them wot know that players get injuries if they havnt got up to match play speed.

Its not unusual for several players not to make it through pre-season without picking up injuries.

Guess this is the main issue plus logistics for away games

Agree with all of that enfield. They have had a longer break than they would normally get between end of fixtures and start of preseason training.

When they usually come back in July they have 5 to 6 weeks and several friendly matches to get up to full fitness.

Whilst it's the same for everybody, it may favour those with larger squads if the injuries start to mount up.

Might be better if they let the Prem get their fixtures played and then restart the Championship at the beginning of August. It would give the EFL a higher profile.

They could potentially go straight into a new season in October.
20th June...? on 10:46 - Jun 1 with 4193 viewsdaveB

20th June...? on 09:41 - Jun 1 by Northernr

I'm really torn on this. Had a bash at writing the Barnsley preview intro sitting in the sun yesterday and it just felt too negative in tone, but at the same time I cannot get excited about football behind closed doors and feel that if you took television and money out of the equation there's no way it would be coming back this soon, or coming back at all until crowds can go in again.

I can perhaps see why you need to just suck it up and get these nine games done get the season completed and tie up those loose ends to prevent a logistical nightmare, but beyond that I don't think another season should be started without crowds. Who's it for? Sky Sports. Nobody else.

next season could have crowds, they are talking about having 10,000 tickets for the cup final to each club so you could have say a third capacity of stadiums at the start of next season with no away fans then increase as we go along.
Login to get fewer ads

20th June...? on 10:49 - Jun 1 with 4187 viewsNorthernr

20th June...? on 10:46 - Jun 1 by daveB

next season could have crowds, they are talking about having 10,000 tickets for the cup final to each club so you could have say a third capacity of stadiums at the start of next season with no away fans then increase as we go along.

Looking forward to that row about who gets a ticket and who doesn't.
20th June...? on 10:55 - Jun 1 with 4154 viewsTacticalR

Haven't Sky Sports always wanted to do away with fans?

Air hostess clique

20th June...? on 11:00 - Jun 1 with 4131 viewsdaveB

20th June...? on 10:49 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Looking forward to that row about who gets a ticket and who doesn't.

whatever they do will be a row but say for instance you have 8,000 season ticket holders you could say right 4,000 of you can go to games 1, 3,5, 7 and the other 4,000 to games, 2,4,6,8

You could then say after 6 games OK that has worked lets increase capacity to 6,000 per game so open up to 2,000 members getting tickets

Not ideal, loads of issues with that but there is no perfect answer.

Completely agree with you that crowds are needed, getting this season done is fine by me without crowds but next season need to try and do something
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 11:03]
20th June...? on 11:00 - Jun 1 with 4132 viewstraininvain

Sorry Clive but I’m for it! I’ve watched a few of the Bundesliga games behind closed doors and it certainly feels odd but I’m getting used to it.

To be honest, I forgot about the lack of atmosphere during the Dortmund vs Bayern game as the quality and intensity was a step up. I think it’ll take a few weeks from the restart before we see the same over here.

More importantly, we need to get back to something approaching normal life and having football back on the tv (albeit behind closed doors) will play a major part for many people.

It’s going to be a gradual process and many people will be afraid to go back to normal life so football can help by not only giving us entertainment and something to talk about (aside from the bloody virus!) but also show people that it’s generally safe to be outside. This will help pubs, restaurants etc when they reopen.

If it’s safe to introduce a limited number of supporters at some stage this year then great but that decision should be guided by science.
20th June...? on 11:01 - Jun 1 with 4124 viewsdaveB

20th June...? on 10:55 - Jun 1 by TacticalR

Haven't Sky Sports always wanted to do away with fans?

quite the opposite, the fans help sell the football all over the world, they wouldn't pay anywhere near as much without supporters
20th June...? on 11:19 - Jun 1 with 4062 viewsAntti_Heinola

20th June...? on 07:59 - Jun 1 by davman

Hoos not happy...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/hoos-we-vehemently-oppose-scheduled-return-

... surely, in these unprecedented times, three weeks is enough?
If not, is 4, 5, 6??

It'll be the same for everyone. If football HAS to return (not yet convinced that is the case quite yet), then they've got to get on with it haven't they?

Thoughts?

Can't agree with you there davman.
In the Prem, the clubs have been consulted all along the line and the date was only agreed when all the clubs were in agreement with it and with the protocols.
As usual, the FL looks two-bit. There should be full consultation - it's obvious that's way too early.

Bare bones.

20th June...? on 11:37 - Jun 1 with 3988 viewsenfieldargh

20th June...? on 11:00 - Jun 1 by traininvain

Sorry Clive but I’m for it! I’ve watched a few of the Bundesliga games behind closed doors and it certainly feels odd but I’m getting used to it.

To be honest, I forgot about the lack of atmosphere during the Dortmund vs Bayern game as the quality and intensity was a step up. I think it’ll take a few weeks from the restart before we see the same over here.

More importantly, we need to get back to something approaching normal life and having football back on the tv (albeit behind closed doors) will play a major part for many people.

It’s going to be a gradual process and many people will be afraid to go back to normal life so football can help by not only giving us entertainment and something to talk about (aside from the bloody virus!) but also show people that it’s generally safe to be outside. This will help pubs, restaurants etc when they reopen.

If it’s safe to introduce a limited number of supporters at some stage this year then great but that decision should be guided by science.

I've sometimes watched the U23 when their games are shown live either from HQ or the training ground(basically a field) and found them really enjoyable.

Watching BCD games I dont think is such a hardship. I do want the games played when the clubs deem to be ready as opposed to in a couple of weeks.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

20th June...? on 11:56 - Jun 1 with 3902 viewsswitchingcode

Just listened to Warburton on Talkshite can’t see what his problem is why did he think they were back in training for ?cricket season.Lee Bowyer was on after and if any manager was entitled to moan it’s him 15 players out of contract.
20th June...? on 12:08 - Jun 1 with 3831 viewsDieByYourSide

Slightly odd this throwing the toys out of the pram from Warbs and Hoos.

They've been so vocal about wanting to finish what's been started and now to use words like 'vehemently opposed' and 'appalled' is a real 180. Get they'd want to be properly consulted but comes across a bit out of touch perhaps...

Poll: And it's hi ho

20th June...? on 12:09 - Jun 1 with 3826 viewsdigswellhoop

Why are the club appalled? Just get on with it like the rest of the uk are doing
20th June...? on 12:09 - Jun 1 with 3823 viewsWokingR

I'm a bit confused by this.
Obviously there should have been better communication but, the players are already back training, so what exactly did he think the end result would be ?
20th June...? on 12:20 - Jun 1 with 3780 viewswelwynranger

20th June...? on 12:09 - Jun 1 by WokingR

Obviously there should have been better communication but, the players are already back training, so what exactly did he think the end result would be ?

Well I'm happy. If we can continue the form we had before lockdown we could send Luton down and be in the play offs with the teams we have to play. Imagine that.
20th June...? on 12:26 - Jun 1 with 3756 viewsdaveB

20th June...? on 12:09 - Jun 1 by digswellhoop

Why are the club appalled? Just get on with it like the rest of the uk are doing

They were supposed to have a vote on the 8th June but the EFL have just announced it without doing any of that. Piss poor by the EFL.

if only they were this quick to impose their own FFP punishments
20th June...? on 12:33 - Jun 1 with 3732 viewsRangersw12

20th June...? on 11:56 - Jun 1 by switchingcode

Just listened to Warburton on Talkshite can’t see what his problem is why did he think they were back in training for ?cricket season.Lee Bowyer was on after and if any manager was entitled to moan it’s him 15 players out of contract.

What a surprise the bitter Bee has a problem with Warburton

Point is nobody was consulted and they haven't even gone back to contact training yet with a full team

This is elite level sport but by rushing it back without proper preparation it will become farce
20th June...? on 13:07 - Jun 1 with 3621 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not sure the problem is restarting on 20 June. That was always likely after the PL announcement last week.

It's the fact there seems to be zero consultation from EFL to the clubs that are supposed to be their members.
Will the players be ready? Probably .
Will they be as fit as they were on March 9th? Unlikely
Will it be the same for all 24 clubs? Of course.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

20th June...? on 13:12 - Jun 1 with 3593 viewsswitchingcode

20th June...? on 12:33 - Jun 1 by Rangersw12

What a surprise the bitter Bee has a problem with Warburton

Point is nobody was consulted and they haven't even gone back to contact training yet with a full team

This is elite level sport but by rushing it back without proper preparation it will become farce

Not bitter what have I got to be bitter about?Most championship clubs have been back 2 weeks and full contact training has been in place for nearly a week now.Surprised as he was only saying how keen he was to get back to playing and challenging for a play off place last week.
20th June...? on 13:15 - Jun 1 with 3577 viewsloftus77

20th June...? on 12:09 - Jun 1 by WokingR

Yes - I take Hoos's point, but have we been a tad too strident in our language on this? Maybe best to carefully co-ordinate our response with other Championship clubs (I note 'Boro are on board). We don't want to be a lone dissenting voice on this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024