Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update on ticket refunds... 11:05 - Jun 5 with 10746 viewsNorthernr

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ticketing-update/
Update on ticket refunds... on 11:48 - Jun 7 with 2148 viewsstefan54

My son and I are both going for Option 1.

However, I am confused about the position regarding the Charlton away tickets. I do not want Charlton reimbursed and would prefer the club to have that money as well but, when I contacted the club, I was told that the away club keeps the majority of the revenue from ticket sales.

My understanding has always been that away teams were only entitled to retain 5% of the cost of the ticket, basically to cover admin costs.

I have asked the club for clarification but, in the meantime, does anyone know if the rule has changed?

It may be that I will need to claim the refund and donate the money to Tiger Feet.
Update on ticket refunds... on 08:14 - Jun 8 with 1943 viewsstefan54

The club has confirmed that, in fact, the away clubs are only entitled to 5% of the cost of the away ticket.

Accordingly, I will be seeking a refund of the Charlton tickets and donating the money to Tiger Feet.

Appatently, when the club reopens and staff return to their respective departments, they will discuss various ideas that they have as a way of thanking season ticket holders for their generosity. I suggested putting the names in the first programme next season when spectators are admitted..
Update on ticket refunds... on 08:22 - Jun 8 with 1931 viewsenfieldargh

so the full £10 cost of viewing live home games goes to the home club.

When I pay my £10 to watch us play away who gets that £10 and I guess we have the away sides commentary team?

Love Jack & Andy

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Update on ticket refunds... on 09:59 - Jun 8 with 1852 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought I understood it all until I read this thread!

Now I'm confused about who's home and who's away, whether it's being streamed or you need a ticket refund and who's commentating on it!
Update on ticket refunds... on 10:08 - Jun 8 with 1838 viewsdaveB

No issues with people getting a refund for the games but I don't buy into the not wanting to give the money to Charlton, I get we'd rather QPR got the money but seems a bit petty when if you had gone to the game they money would have gone to them anyway.
Update on ticket refunds... on 10:10 - Jun 8 with 1833 viewsdaveB

been thinking weekend would it be worth suggesting to the club that those who want to donate could donate to a go fund me page and that pays for key workers who are QPR fans to get a pass to watch these games, I'm guessing not all of them are going to be season ticket holders so would have to pay the tenner
Update on ticket refunds... on 10:12 - Jun 8 with 1827 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Update on ticket refunds... on 10:08 - Jun 8 by daveB

No issues with people getting a refund for the games but I don't buy into the not wanting to give the money to Charlton, I get we'd rather QPR got the money but seems a bit petty when if you had gone to the game they money would have gone to them anyway.

Also, rivalries aside, a bit of solidarity wouldn't go amiss in cases where people don't need the money.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 10:13]
Update on ticket refunds... on 10:19 - Jun 8 with 1806 viewsrsonist

Update on ticket refunds... on 15:50 - Jun 6 by Northernr

Agree Steve. I’ve seen Tweets saying things like “are you even a proper fan if you’re taking a refund?” I’m not taking one but some ppl have lost jobs, lost income, have family to support. There’s a huge recession coming. £90 is a lot of money. Qpr pay footballers many thousands of pounds a week.

The club also isn't in the position it was in 20 years ago, with the backers we have there's a degree of ambiguity about our means or lack thereof.
Login to get fewer ads

Update on ticket refunds... on 15:52 - Jun 8 with 1668 viewsPinnerPaul

Update on ticket refunds... on 10:19 - Jun 8 by rsonist

The club also isn't in the position it was in 20 years ago, with the backers we have there's a degree of ambiguity about our means or lack thereof.

Agree and as I said before, can't help thinking that your local barber/café etc etc is a more deserving cause than QPR, where the money is really just going to the players.
Update on ticket refunds... on 15:57 - Jun 8 with 1662 viewsCliff

I'm torn on this.

I paid for 3 season tickets last year all in silver, 2 full adults and 1 over 60 (my first!), so for me the refund is about £210 and I'm somewhat reluctant to just give that away.

The lockdown hasn't been a problem for me financially as I'm an NHS employee and expected to work normally (although with some working from home). In the past, like others, I have put money in the buckets at QPR when we were in trouble, but I've become somewhat disillusioned with football in recent years, with most of my concerns being over the money that's in the game. I'm disgusted that it appears almost impossible for clubs to run at a profit yet players take enormous wages at clubs that run at a loss. I'm also disgusted that all non playing staff at QPR have either been furloughed or taken a pay cut, whereas the players, the highest paid of the lot, have merely deferred 25% of their pay for 3 months, I wonder how much of an actual pay cut would have been needed to cover the non playing staff losses?

If the players had made a decent gesture towards the non playing staff I might feel differently but I feel that any gesture on my part will just go to the overpay players and not the other staff at the club. So, I do want to be loyal to my club BUT .....
Update on ticket refunds... on 16:06 - Jun 8 with 1647 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Update on ticket refunds... on 15:57 - Jun 8 by Cliff

I'm torn on this.

I paid for 3 season tickets last year all in silver, 2 full adults and 1 over 60 (my first!), so for me the refund is about £210 and I'm somewhat reluctant to just give that away.

The lockdown hasn't been a problem for me financially as I'm an NHS employee and expected to work normally (although with some working from home). In the past, like others, I have put money in the buckets at QPR when we were in trouble, but I've become somewhat disillusioned with football in recent years, with most of my concerns being over the money that's in the game. I'm disgusted that it appears almost impossible for clubs to run at a profit yet players take enormous wages at clubs that run at a loss. I'm also disgusted that all non playing staff at QPR have either been furloughed or taken a pay cut, whereas the players, the highest paid of the lot, have merely deferred 25% of their pay for 3 months, I wonder how much of an actual pay cut would have been needed to cover the non playing staff losses?

If the players had made a decent gesture towards the non playing staff I might feel differently but I feel that any gesture on my part will just go to the overpay players and not the other staff at the club. So, I do want to be loyal to my club BUT .....

"I paid for 3 season tickets last year all in silver, 2 full adults and 1 over 60 (my first!),"

I once paid for mine with gold, 1 teenager and an 82-yr old.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Update on ticket refunds... on 17:18 - Jun 8 with 1567 viewsdaveB

I'm torn on this.

I think everyone should do what is best for them, i don't think you or anyone else should be criticised for taking the money.
Update on ticket refunds... on 18:48 - Jun 8 with 1488 viewsDWQPR

I'm torn on this.

If you are all able to watch the games together then why not do Option 1 for one ticket and request a refund for the other two?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Update on ticket refunds... on 19:21 - Jun 8 with 1442 viewsconnell10

Update on ticket refunds... on 11:48 - Jun 7 by stefan54

My son and I are both going for Option 1.

However, I am confused about the position regarding the Charlton away tickets. I do not want Charlton reimbursed and would prefer the club to have that money as well but, when I contacted the club, I was told that the away club keeps the majority of the revenue from ticket sales.

My understanding has always been that away teams were only entitled to retain 5% of the cost of the ticket, basically to cover admin costs.

I have asked the club for clarification but, in the meantime, does anyone know if the rule has changed?

It may be that I will need to claim the refund and donate the money to Tiger Feet.

I went for option 1 as well. The will need the extra big time!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Update on ticket refunds... on 19:56 - Jun 8 with 1410 viewsNorthernr

Few clarifications based on conversations I've had over last couple of days. Hopefully got this all right.

- Charlton away. Refund available from July 1. It's Charlton's money, not QPR, so QPR won't be out of pocket if you refund it.

- Streaming, clubs are hoping to offer a nine match package but are just waiting for confirmation that they will be able to stream games that are selected live by Sky. Previously they couldn't but the general consensus is that will change for these games, they're waiting for confirmation before going out with an offer. No update on whether Sky will be red buttoning all the midweek games as before so probably worth buying the package, the coverage is better anyway.

- Enfield I think above asking who gets the money from the streaming. Under the new arrangement the EFL films the games and then sells that content to the clubs, think it's just short of a grand a match, 800 and something it costs a club to buy it. The clubs then sell that to their fans however they please and have their own commentary on it. It's not true that the home team gets all the money. If we're away at Charlton and sell 20,000 streams, and they sell 10 streams, we get the money from the 20,000 and they get the money from 10, even though they're the home team. Abnd if you buy it from QPR you get Nick and Andy commentating, not the Charlton equivalent.

- Middlesbrough is a Sunday because Sky have put their game with Hull on a Thursday. In turn that means we're playing Wigan Wednesday instead of Tuesday.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Update on ticket refunds... on 00:55 - Jun 9 with 1272 viewsLythamR

ive gone for option 1 to get the streams rather than refund of season ticket

ive watched some home and away games on QPR+ over the last couple of season whilst abroad and the quality has improved significantly over time as has the reliability.

My only concern is that the technical infrastructure can cope with what will be a significantly increased demand for the streaming bandwidth and connections. I am sure any gremlins can be overcome though providing the EPL put enough resources behind it
Update on ticket refunds... on 04:01 - Jun 9 with 1249 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Update on ticket refunds... on 00:55 - Jun 9 by LythamR

ive gone for option 1 to get the streams rather than refund of season ticket

ive watched some home and away games on QPR+ over the last couple of season whilst abroad and the quality has improved significantly over time as has the reliability.

My only concern is that the technical infrastructure can cope with what will be a significantly increased demand for the streaming bandwidth and connections. I am sure any gremlins can be overcome though providing the EPL put enough resources behind it

Great point on infrastructure - I can imagine it will require a lot more IT infrastructure if there are 10k or 20k people watching the game instead of 500 people
Has this been considered? Is this with QPR or the Football League?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 4:02]
Update on ticket refunds... on 12:40 - Jun 9 with 1121 viewsRBlock

One query I haven't seen mentioned, is what happens if you're on the direct debit option, paying around 50 quid monthly. The last payment the club took was in March, neglecting to take payment for April/May. I've selected Option 1, but does that now mean I owe the club a 1er for those two months?
Update on ticket refunds... on 12:56 - Jun 9 with 1101 viewshamptonhillhoop

Update on ticket refunds... on 12:40 - Jun 9 by RBlock

One query I haven't seen mentioned, is what happens if you're on the direct debit option, paying around 50 quid monthly. The last payment the club took was in March, neglecting to take payment for April/May. I've selected Option 1, but does that now mean I owe the club a 1er for those two months?

I do the same. I think we pay over 10 monthly payments, like Council tax, hence April and May off, so they start again in June for next season (or were)
Update on ticket refunds... on 13:04 - Jun 9 with 1084 viewsslmrstid

Update on ticket refunds... on 12:56 - Jun 9 by hamptonhillhoop

I do the same. I think we pay over 10 monthly payments, like Council tax, hence April and May off, so they start again in June for next season (or were)

DD payer here too - March was the final instalment for the 19/20 season so you are fully paid up for the year.

The first instalment for 20/21 should have gone out last week at the beginning of June, but the club did send out comms a few weeks ago by email that they wouldn't be taking that direct debit and to just hold tight until further notice.
Update on ticket refunds... on 13:06 - Jun 9 with 1081 viewsStanisgod

Update on ticket refunds... on 12:56 - Jun 9 by hamptonhillhoop

Last I read payments were suspended until at least July.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Update on ticket refunds... on 13:29 - Jun 9 with 1044 viewsfrancisbowles

Update on ticket refunds... on 13:06 - Jun 9 by Stanisgod

Last I read payments were suspended until at least July.

August now.
Update on ticket refunds... on 15:33 - Jun 10 with 885 viewsLblock

I've gone Option 1 and would've even if we were on Sky every game

My only annoyance is I have no way of conecting an IT device to my TV to be able to watch QPR+ in the comfort of my sofa whilst drinking Morretti and eating frazzles.
I don't have a personal laptop or cables
Ipad doesn't allow you to throw picture to TV
and despite my TV being "smart" it doesn't seem smart enough to connect to QPR+ or anything else over the internet apart from what Samsung restricts it to.

I never used to be a technical luddite..... it's my age I suppose

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Update on ticket refunds... on 15:35 - Jun 10 with 879 viewsWatford_Ranger

Update on ticket refunds... on 15:33 - Jun 10 by Lblock

I've gone Option 1 and would've even if we were on Sky every game

My only annoyance is I have no way of conecting an IT device to my TV to be able to watch QPR+ in the comfort of my sofa whilst drinking Morretti and eating frazzles.
I don't have a personal laptop or cables
Ipad doesn't allow you to throw picture to TV
and despite my TV being "smart" it doesn't seem smart enough to connect to QPR+ or anything else over the internet apart from what Samsung restricts it to.

I never used to be a technical luddite..... it's my age I suppose

Same issue and previous attempts with QPR+ have only worked on the phone but tempted to buy a dirt cheap tablet assuming such a thing exists.
Update on ticket refunds... on 19:24 - Jun 10 with 784 viewsQPR_John

Update on ticket refunds... on 15:35 - Jun 10 by Watford_Ranger

Same issue and previous attempts with QPR+ have only worked on the phone but tempted to buy a dirt cheap tablet assuming such a thing exists.

Does anybody know the procedure for logging on to these games. Will we get an email from the club with a link.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024