Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now 10:40 - Jul 8 with 24099 viewsJacksDad

Victims of such massive shithousery that it would make even Paladini suck his teeth and shake his head.

Hoewever an early goal and we could notch up a cricket score!

Why does being bad feel soooo good?

You R's
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 10:57 - Jul 8 with 3885 viewsBoston

Wigwam 1. QPR 2

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:18 - Jul 8 with 3820 viewsfrancisbowles

Difficult one. Want us to win, of course, but don't want them to be relegated.

If we win, it will be very difficult for them to stay up as they would be at least seven points from safety with only 12 to play for.
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:21 - Jul 8 with 3817 viewsPinnerPaul

1-0 Wigan
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:24 - Jul 8 with 3800 viewsloftboy

Siege mentality from both sides 0-0

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:38 - Jul 8 with 3777 viewswelwynranger

I dont feel bad. I wonder how many oppo fans felt like that when we were in that position
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:50 - Jul 8 with 3755 viewsstevec

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:38 - Jul 8 by welwynranger

I dont feel bad. I wonder how many oppo fans felt like that when we were in that position

Absolutely, I don't recall any groundswell of support when we got hit to the tune of £42m.

We've been seduced into assuming a club can run riot with its costs and an owner will always pick up the tab. They've been losing money for as long as anyone can remember but apparently believe it's all down to a betting slip somewhere in Asia. Laughable.

Anyway, we love a charitable cause, 1-0 to Wigan.
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:55 - Jul 8 with 3735 viewscolinallcars

We won't lose this one. Lumley has steadied his nerves, Kakay and Manning back to form, Eze and BOS due a good performance......3-0 to us I think.
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:56 - Jul 8 with 3733 viewslondonscottish

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:50 - Jul 8 by stevec

Absolutely, I don't recall any groundswell of support when we got hit to the tune of £42m.

We've been seduced into assuming a club can run riot with its costs and an owner will always pick up the tab. They've been losing money for as long as anyone can remember but apparently believe it's all down to a betting slip somewhere in Asia. Laughable.

Backs-to-the-wall-Wigan 2

No-striker-QPR 1

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:00 - Jul 8 with 3720 viewsMick_S

6:00 pm kick orf.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:07 - Jul 8 with 3706 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I feel for them. It's not the fans' fault.

We have to do our jobs, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:11 - Jul 8 with 3697 viewsjeffranger

No sympathy from me, when we got done with FFP did anyone feel sorry for us NO! a lot of them wanted to kick us out of the league
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:20 - Jul 8 with 3681 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:00 - Jul 8 by Mick_S

6:00 pm kick orf.

After embarrassing myself and missing the Charlton game I was just about to post that to save it happening today to others!
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:22 - Jul 8 with 3675 viewsactonman

I’m sure we will do our best to assist their points tally they need to stay up !

Anyway , I am a long time grudge bearer and still irks me thinking about that last minute free kick that all but sealed our fate after the cisse wonder goal
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:25 - Jul 8 with 3666 viewsWatford_Ranger

Schlepped up there for that midday 2-0 defeat changed at the last minute so Dave Whelan could watch the rugby. He broke his leg you know.

Two equally freakish deflections for Franco Di Santo. Bruno Perone played IIRC. Good times.
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:30 - Jul 8 with 3656 viewsNorthernr

Charity Park Rangers. Can you give just three points today to help ailing northern football clubs struggling desperately against corrupt owners from the Far East? Your three points could build a platform for subsequent winnable games, helping your sponsored club to get back on its feet. Please text QPR to 2-0 2-0 2-0 and donate your three points now.
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:37 - Jul 8 with 3633 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:30 - Jul 8 by Northernr

Charity Park Rangers. Can you give just three points today to help ailing northern football clubs struggling desperately against corrupt owners from the Far East? Your three points could build a platform for subsequent winnable games, helping your sponsored club to get back on its feet. Please text QPR to 2-0 2-0 2-0 and donate your three points now.

My own pessimism is based on two reasons

1) No obvious goal threat
2) Really, really, really do NOT have anything to play for now
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:39 - Jul 8 with 3617 viewsNorthernr

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:37 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

I think it all hinges on what mood they're in. They're in unbelievable form, lost two of 13 and won eight of those, and have a fully fit squad with plenty to play for. Even with the deduction they could quite easily beat us, Hull, Barnsley and Charlton next four games and if Fulham are safe in the play offs but can't get second in the last game then that's winnable as well. We're low on numbers, done a lot of travelling, no fit senior striker. Looks like a home win to me which is what I've gone for on the preview.

But... not paid on friday after deferring wages for three months, staff laid off en masse, all that work only to be plonked bottom of the league again. They could just think fck this.
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:40 - Jul 8 with 3615 viewsMick_S

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:37 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

Bum. Just handed the club a tenner.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:41 - Jul 8 with 3608 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 11:50 - Jul 8 by stevec

You think those two issues are comparable?

A better comparison would be when we went into Administration ourselves, when I remember hundreds of Away fans filling buckets at Loftus Road.

Solidarity to Wigan fans.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 14:44]
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 14:28 - Jul 8 with 3480 viewsjohnhoop

With the great run of form that Wigan are in, the massive incentive for them to win and us being without a single striker of proven Championship quality I can only see this going one way.
But sometimes the R’s do that thing of winning when you least expect it so I guess how motivated we will be now we’re certain of safety may be a deciding factor.
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 14:38 - Jul 8 with 3460 viewsJuzzie

As said, they're in a good run of form. I think it'll be 2-1 to them.
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 14:43 - Jul 8 with 3442 viewsTacticalR

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:30 - Jul 8 by Northernr

I wonder if this is a service we could charge for? Potentially a big revenue stream for us. Or wouldn't that be allowed?

Air hostess clique

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 14:43 - Jul 8 with 3439 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 12:39 - Jul 8 by Northernr

I think it all hinges on what mood they're in. They're in unbelievable form, lost two of 13 and won eight of those, and have a fully fit squad with plenty to play for. Even with the deduction they could quite easily beat us, Hull, Barnsley and Charlton next four games and if Fulham are safe in the play offs but can't get second in the last game then that's winnable as well. We're low on numbers, done a lot of travelling, no fit senior striker. Looks like a home win to me which is what I've gone for on the preview.

But... not paid on friday after deferring wages for three months, staff laid off en masse, all that work only to be plonked bottom of the league again. They could just think fck this.

Paddy Power think the former

Them 11/10 - Us 12/5.
Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 14:54 - Jul 8 with 3400 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 14:43 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

Paddy Power think the former

Them 11/10 - Us 12/5.

Ya, think they're right to make Wigan favourites. The travel alone is a challenge for us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 15:04 - Jul 8 with 3369 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan Match Thread - feel really bad about playing them now on 14:54 - Jul 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, think they're right to make Wigan favourites. The travel alone is a challenge for us.

Quite strong favourites though - surprised we're bigger than 2/1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024