Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? 13:15 - Aug 15 with 2188 viewsHeadington

Personally can't stand it. Accept that missing fans is a massive issue but now think that the fake noise does not add to atmosphere but instead is just a big con. Do we really need it? We know it is possible to have an exciting Test Match without the crowd noise. Sometimes in the noise-free games you pick up the odd comment from coaches that you would otherwise miss. The worst cases are when noise for goal celebrations are heard several seconds after the ball has gone in, and the incessant hissing before a penalty is taken which gives a completely misleading impression of what is going on. Our QPR noise isn't the worst but even that could be reduced to the usual goal jingle.

Of course we could still press the red button or whatever (though that option isn't always there) but why do we need it anyway?
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 13:57 - Aug 15 with 2142 viewsbosh67

For me it is missing personalisation.

You're not fit to wear the shirt
You're getting sacked in the morning
What the f*cking hell was that
One nil and you f*cked it up
The referee's a w*nker
You don't know what you're doing
You might as well go home
How sh*t must you be, we're winning away
Strawberry blonde, you're having a laugh
What a waste of money

and so on...

These are all elements that would make it feel more real.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 14:29 - Aug 15 with 2113 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Anyone who watched the early games with no noise at all will hopefully agree anything is better than silence only broken by the shouts of the players and coaches, albeit the thwack! of some of the tackles was an eye opener.
As to the noise now, I think it depends on the system being used. The one we use being particularly adaptable. It can play specific Rangers songs and make them come from the appropriate part of the ground. Captain Jack from the R block, stony silence from the lower loft.
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 16:08 - Aug 15 with 2053 viewsgazza1

Rubbish....
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 16:22 - Aug 15 with 2040 viewscolinallcars

A few cries of “ Oi, ref, I 'ope yer 'ouse burns dahn “ wouldn't go amiss.
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 02:30 - Aug 16 with 1941 viewstimcocking

It's bloody weird. Hated it in the cricket. Like that awful piped laughing they use in shows.
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 08:44 - Aug 16 with 1897 viewsstowmarketrange

The thing that gets me is that they keep apologising for any industrial language you might have heard.If they didn’t put 20 fecking microphones dotted all around the pitch you wouldn’t have to apologise every fecking 5 minutes you caants.
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 09:08 - Aug 16 with 1875 viewsfrancisbowles

Better than nothing. Will be the only 'atmosphere' when mask wearing, promise not to shout or sing crowds return.
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 09:35 - Aug 16 with 1841 viewsjoe90

I thought the fake crowd noise was rubbish. Far more interesting listening to the players and coaching staff.

Unless we can properly control the crowd noise and insult other players/teams/fans/officials I don't see the point.
Login to get fewer ads

Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 10:07 - Aug 16 with 1819 viewsstevec

Just let 1000 fans in from the start and tell them to space out and make some noise, anything is better than this fake noise.

Was watching the PGA golf without crowds last Sunday, when the winner played a cracking 16th and the silence was broken by probably no more than 20 blokes watching over a fence. Lifted the whole thing.
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 10:16 - Aug 16 with 1807 viewsNorthernr

Works well in the NRL, but in both the rugby league and football I've watched with it here it's been rubbish. I can't really put my finger on the difference other than in the NRL you barely notice it, and it seems much more in tune with the action on the pitch, whereas ours is intrusive, and comes with a big exagerated noise several seconds after any incident happens.
Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 10:23 - Aug 16 with 1802 viewsDorse

Get rid of the fake crowd noise and replace it with an appropriate music track. I like the idea of watching Eze tear up the opposition to some high tempo drum and bass. By the same token, watching Geoff Cameron chug around the pitch to the sound of the Cheeky Girls would certainly lift the spirits.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 19:05 - Aug 16 with 1696 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Fake Crowd Noise For New Season - What do we think? on 08:44 - Aug 16 by stowmarketrange

The thing that gets me is that they keep apologising for any industrial language you might have heard.If they didn’t put 20 fecking microphones dotted all around the pitch you wouldn’t have to apologise every fecking 5 minutes you caants.

Haha agreed ,I watched the PGA Championship last weekend and the amount of fuc*s flying about after bad shots was insane.Even the commentators gave up apologizing and kept saying its a frustrating game with Major conditions .
I hate fake crowd noise and would happily settle for silence going forward.It does take away a bit from excitement of a breakaway or something big happening you really need to focus watching .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024