Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Next Season - The Athletic 14:46 - Aug 16 with 6590 viewsBAWHoops

Lots of detail on what they want to do here

https://theathletic.com/1996223/2020/08/16/return-fans-coronavirus-project-resta

We seem to be in the difficult position of having a very small concourse.

I wonder if they will just pedestrianise South Africa Road from 1pm and fill it with concession stands and portaloos

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 15:07 - Aug 18 with 1326 viewscolinallcars

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 09:56 - Aug 18 by francisbowles

They really need to send out a survey,

Do you intend to attend, at what stage of restrictions being lifted? How do you travel? Would you accept a half attending/ half streaming ticket (priced to reflect this), are there any games you can't make? Will you accept your seat being moved? Will you want catering? Will you wear a mask?

Any others you can think of?

A survey would be a good idea, asking us for a sort of Declaration Of Intent about whether we would like to attend. It could be largely done online so little expense involved. However, the new season impends, so it's a bit late for that, and of course some fans have already renewed. I reckon the club will say STs now available at such-and-such a price, games that we can't attend but watch the stream charged at half price with the requisite refund available at the end of the season or going towards the following season's ticket. I'd go along with that.
Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 15:32 - Aug 18 with 1301 viewsLythamR

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 13:57 - Aug 18 by daveB

QPR were using both home & away dressing rooms so they could comply with the 1 meter thing so away team went in lower loft bar, not sure if that is still a requirement

Blimey what a nonsense and then they run on the pitch and hug each other when they score, ahh perhaps that explains our crap form in the first restart games and the inexplicable misses!

they cant still be planning on doing that and letting 5k wonder around in out little concourses and squeezing past each other to go for a wazz
Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 15:48 - Aug 18 with 1274 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland had a limit of 200 people at games, including refs and linos.
So 100 per club, which for each team that was 24 players allowed on the pitch and 6 staff. plus extra six players and 10-12 extra staff in the stands.
Which left 40 fans per club.

As of today, no fans will be allowed. None.

And when you consider that Ireland is not as badly affected as England, I can't see how English football will be opening up any time soon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 16:52 - Aug 18 with 1232 viewsToast_R

Can we not just play our home games at Wembley?
Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 10:41 - Aug 19 with 1086 viewsPinnerPaul

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 15:48 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Ireland had a limit of 200 people at games, including refs and linos.
So 100 per club, which for each team that was 24 players allowed on the pitch and 6 staff. plus extra six players and 10-12 extra staff in the stands.
Which left 40 fans per club.

As of today, no fans will be allowed. None.

And when you consider that Ireland is not as badly affected as England, I can't see how English football will be opening up any time soon.

Fans WILL be allowed below National League South/North already announced Brian!
Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 10:45 - Aug 19 with 1083 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 10:41 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

I did read that, Paul. I just can't see it happening for long. Hope I'm wrong, naturally.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 11:03 - Aug 19 with 1064 viewsPinnerPaul

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 10:45 - Aug 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I did read that, Paul. I just can't see it happening for long. Hope I'm wrong, naturally.

So do I!
Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 11:06 - Aug 19 with 1061 viewsjoe90

I'm not expecting to be back at Loftus Road next season. I am wondering what this means for season tickets and have to consider if it's worth £400 to stream games from the clubs website.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 11:10 - Aug 19 with 1053 viewsWatford_Ranger

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 10:41 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

Wonder if there’ll be a bit of a boom for teams at that level normally playing in front of three men and a dog. I’ll definitely be looking up whichever is the nearest game to me.
Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 11:18 - Aug 19 with 1044 viewsPinnerPaul

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 11:10 - Aug 19 by Watford_Ranger

Wonder if there’ll be a bit of a boom for teams at that level normally playing in front of three men and a dog. I’ll definitely be looking up whichever is the nearest game to me.

Problem is that a 'boom' would probably mean restrictions in place at those levels!
Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 13:23 - Aug 19 with 1003 viewsfrancisbowles

Fans Next Season - The Athletic on 11:06 - Aug 19 by joe90

I'm not expecting to be back at Loftus Road next season. I am wondering what this means for season tickets and have to consider if it's worth £400 to stream games from the clubs website.

They have been charging overseas fans £5 per game or less for a season ticket of all available games. So even at 46 x £5 that would be £230.

I don't think they could get away with charging as much as that. They would also need to have access to all matches for a season ticket, no exclusions for TV, to charge anything like that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024