Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG is a Hamburger 02:30 - Aug 29 with 5489 viewsHooparoo

Leistner is on his Instagram posing in a Hamburg SV shirt. What a pr!ck. Gets a big fat cheque from us then hey presto, he just happens to have a new gig the very next day. Played us for mugs.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

BFG is a Hamburger on 06:56 - Aug 29 with 4551 viewsdolcelatte

Not sure how you come to that conclusion.

He wasnt part if our plans so was told to find another club. Hi agent does exactly that on a lower salary, so we pay the difference and terminate his contract.

Sounds like the only solution to me. Far from being a pr1ck.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

BFG is a Hamburger on 07:17 - Aug 29 with 4507 viewsHunterhoop

BFG is a Hamburger on 06:56 - Aug 29 by dolcelatte

Not sure how you come to that conclusion.

He wasnt part if our plans so was told to find another club. Hi agent does exactly that on a lower salary, so we pay the difference and terminate his contract.

Sounds like the only solution to me. Far from being a pr1ck.

We might not have even paid the full difference. I doubt we have. I expect we met somewhere in the middle, so we reduce our outgoings and he gets to play first team football (which we obviously weren’t offering).

Personally, sad to see him go. All the talk of him not being able to pass out was greatly over egged in my opinion. He just wasn’t that bad at it and was a good defender in my book. Slow, admittedly, and the need to defend deeper in our set up may be a more justifiable reason for not playing him, but Barbet isn’t quick and often gets caught too high and the wrong side (not the penalties, last ditch sliding tackles, cards), and as Masterson showed post lockdown, especially at Charlton, he is not quick either.

We desperately need another centre half signed who has some pace and strength, otherwise we’ll be too easy to play against down the middle again.
BFG is a Hamburger on 07:29 - Aug 29 with 4465 viewsbakerloo8

Hes not good enough to play the system the manager wants. Not his fault, a limited but wholehearted defender.
We move on.
BFG is a Hamburger on 07:31 - Aug 29 with 4468 viewsTonto

Bloke made redundant gets new job. Then gets called a price. Yeah we live in a lovely world dknt we...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

BFG is a Hamburger on 07:44 - Aug 29 with 4414 viewsHooparoo

BFG is a Hamburger on 07:29 - Aug 29 by bakerloo8

Hes not good enough to play the system the manager wants. Not his fault, a limited but wholehearted defender.
We move on.

I just think it’s a bit suss that before our (no doubt hefty) cheque has even cleared he’s doing photo shoots with a new club 5 minutes later. But yes, we move on.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

BFG is a Hamburger on 07:48 - Aug 29 with 4400 viewsslmrstid

Not sure you can really call him that when it was us that have spent loads of time trying to desperately offload him, going all the way back to last summer.
BFG is a Hamburger on 08:05 - Aug 29 with 4342 viewsHastings_Hoops

BFG is a Hamburger on 07:44 - Aug 29 by Hooparoo

I just think it’s a bit suss that before our (no doubt hefty) cheque has even cleared he’s doing photo shoots with a new club 5 minutes later. But yes, we move on.

Hamburg would not want to pay his full wage, QPR could not accommodate his full wage in its wage-structure; so Leistner, Les and Hoos identify the difference in wage QPR settle the difference and save money and Hamburg sign him up... Good business given the situation and I am sure all facts were known by all parties in coming to this arrangement.

It is conceivable that his wage was a point of contention with others, including Manning and BOS’ agents - Hopefully the removal of the last spike in our wage structure can help to resolve this.
BFG is a Hamburger on 08:38 - Aug 29 with 4215 viewsgazza1

He clearly wasn't good enough, poor footballer, lacked pace massively, positional sense was not good on many occasions and becoming an old man.

Barbet is far better player, Masterson is looking good and should improve, we need to sign another CB.
Login to get fewer ads

BFG is a Hamburger on 09:11 - Aug 29 with 4097 viewsQPR_Jim

BFG is a Hamburger on 07:44 - Aug 29 by Hooparoo

I thought this kind of thing happened all the time. It's likely that the club were aware of his deal with Hamburg and he needed to be a free agent for it to go through. It's no coincidence that we agreed a settlement with him out of the blue after trying to sell him with no success.
BFG is a Hamburger on 09:12 - Aug 29 with 4094 viewseghamranger

BFG is a Hamburger on 08:38 - Aug 29 by gazza1

He clearly wasn't good enough, poor footballer, lacked pace massively, positional sense was not good on many occasions and becoming an old man.

Barbet is far better player, Masterson is looking good and should improve, we need to sign another CB.

Don’t think Dickie will be in the Oxford squad today...
BFG is a Hamburger on 09:25 - Aug 29 with 4034 viewsbosh67

I was trying to work out what the severance deal would have been. I think it is harsh to have a go at Leistner. Hamburg SV obviously knew about the situation and I would imagine that the two clubs had reached some kind of understanding based on the termination of the last year of the contract. I don't think we paid him up and he then did a jig and went through the door at Hamburg. I would imagine he was paid up to a month of his remaining contract, with everyone knowing he would then join Hamburg SV on a free. Let's say he was on a max of £20K a week, probably less, then I would reckon it cost us a max of £80K to terminate the last year. In the general scheme of things that potentially clears us £600K+ to put into the salaries of a number of other younger players this season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BFG is a Hamburger on 09:31 - Aug 29 with 4005 viewsswisscottage

BFG is a Hamburger on 09:25 - Aug 29 by bosh67

I was trying to work out what the severance deal would have been. I think it is harsh to have a go at Leistner. Hamburg SV obviously knew about the situation and I would imagine that the two clubs had reached some kind of understanding based on the termination of the last year of the contract. I don't think we paid him up and he then did a jig and went through the door at Hamburg. I would imagine he was paid up to a month of his remaining contract, with everyone knowing he would then join Hamburg SV on a free. Let's say he was on a max of £20K a week, probably less, then I would reckon it cost us a max of £80K to terminate the last year. In the general scheme of things that potentially clears us £600K+ to put into the salaries of a number of other younger players this season.

Don't let rational, logical, thought get in the way of a good slagging.
BFG is a Hamburger on 09:36 - Aug 29 with 3973 viewsted_hendrix

BFG is a Hamburger on 09:12 - Aug 29 by eghamranger

Don’t think Dickie will be in the Oxford squad today...

According to the Oxford Mail Dickie is in the squad;

"Dylan Asonganyi, another not risked in Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat at Crystal Palace, is also due to return to the frame.

It leaves Jamie Hanson as the only player not involved, due to a calf problem.

QPR, who have been linked with a move for U’s defender Rob Dickie, arrive without Eberechi Eze after he was sold to Palace today for an initial £16million fee."

Also a quote from Warburton;

"But Warburton is not expecting to have big sums to spend this summer as a result of the deal.

He said: "While fans will obviously look to sign 'X, Y and Z', that can't be the case in the current financial landscape.

"We will be looking at free transfers, low-cost deals and the loan market - along with many other clubs."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

BFG is a Hamburger on 09:37 - Aug 29 with 3970 viewsQPRSteve

I for one am sad to see him go. Always put a good stint in and added a bit of steel to the team that I think we missed when he wasnt playing. I think his limitations were overhyped and at 30 he still has a few years left.
BFG is a Hamburger on 09:44 - Aug 29 with 3935 viewstimcocking

I see your point.

Not sure i can really blame him, though. Particularly when he was completely humiliated by QPR. At least he has come to an agreement and left to play football, rather than stay to pick up his salary and play golf. Let's hope Chris DiMarco wasn't involved in the deal.

Those salmon coloured ankle boots though...no call for that on a grown man. I tried to accept them, but i couldn't if i'm honest.
BFG is a Hamburger on 10:08 - Aug 29 with 3860 viewsozexile

BFG is a Hamburger on 07:17 - Aug 29 by Hunterhoop

We might not have even paid the full difference. I doubt we have. I expect we met somewhere in the middle, so we reduce our outgoings and he gets to play first team football (which we obviously weren’t offering).

Personally, sad to see him go. All the talk of him not being able to pass out was greatly over egged in my opinion. He just wasn’t that bad at it and was a good defender in my book. Slow, admittedly, and the need to defend deeper in our set up may be a more justifiable reason for not playing him, but Barbet isn’t quick and often gets caught too high and the wrong side (not the penalties, last ditch sliding tackles, cards), and as Masterson showed post lockdown, especially at Charlton, he is not quick either.

We desperately need another centre half signed who has some pace and strength, otherwise we’ll be too easy to play against down the middle again.

Agree with this. An Injury to Barbet or Masterson and we'll wish we had him.
BFG is a Hamburger on 10:15 - Aug 29 with 3841 viewstraininvain

BFG is a Hamburger on 10:08 - Aug 29 by ozexile

The problem is his wages are too much for a back up centre back.
BFG is a Hamburger on 10:21 - Aug 29 with 3804 viewsAntti_Heinola

BFG is a Hamburger on 10:08 - Aug 29 by ozexile

We've let Hall and Leistner go. The idea we won't be signing one CB as a bare minimum is far-fetched. Someone will be coming in, or MW would have held on to TL for longer.

Bare bones.

BFG is a Hamburger on 10:22 - Aug 29 with 3803 viewsenfieldargh

I'm sure we will get more additions to the squad on less money.

As for BFG glad we had him but in Warbs we trust. Nice decent fella spoke to him briefly last season at Sheffield station after Barnsley defeat, came across as quite humble , well we had just got stuffed.

During the COVID-19 pandemic in spring 2020, Leistner donated one-month salary to his youth team SC Borea Dresden.[9]

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

BFG is a Hamburger on 10:31 - Aug 29 with 3783 viewsMyke

Pleased Leistner got fixed up. Good solid pro. Win, win all round
BFG is a Hamburger on 10:54 - Aug 29 with 3715 viewsOldPedro

I'm sure Stoke did something similar with Geoff Cameron by releasing him on a free so he could sign permanently for us even though he had a year left on his Stoke contract.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

BFG is a Hamburger on 17:52 - Aug 30 with 3366 viewsLazyFan

What people forget is that QPR offered him the contract. He in good faith signed it thinking he would mostly be okay. Then the manager changes and he's frozen out.

Then he comes back to help out when asked to do so. And then he's frozen out again.

Then he goes on loan hoping to sign with the loan club at the end of the season. C19 ruins that for him and now he's stuck with a manager who does not want to play him and a baby on the way.

Then he finds a club who want him, but cannot afford his £10k per week. Probably only £6K. Now he has dilemma. Risk losing this contract for one more year at QPR or stay at QPR. Of course, he won't pass up the monies at Hamburg, but no need to let QPR know that as this could be his last big payday.

So, his agent asks QPR for the difference. QPR are not stupid and say they won't pay the £4K difference per week, but will do £2K settlement. And then a deal is done.

Now QPR has £8K per week available for other players to play with as they had previously earmarked that for BFG. Pay say someone like Dickie £7K per week and use the remainder to make a cost saving as we still have to save money.

Of course, I am just guessing.

zzzzzzzzzz

BFG is a Hamburger on 10:42 - Aug 31 with 3085 viewsParkRoyalR

Good to get this sorted, seems Cologne didn't fancy regardless of being a free, probably found his level as think he may even have struggled in League 1 which is what I thought was his level after seeing his first few games and his major weakness of ball-watching, which is very hard to coach out of a defender.

It may have been answered but from the off thought it a completely bizarre signing, given reputed wage, language barrier and to bring in as club captain and play in a back 3 with an inexperienced goalkeeper - so much for the much heralded coaching nous of McClaren.

The fact he marked Matt Smith so easily out of the game at The Den last year shows if he plays at the right level he can still have a good career which as a decent type he deserves.
BFG is a Hamburger on 07:17 - Sep 1 with 2874 viewsLblock

Good luck to Toni...

The club know what they’re doing and I’m sure haven’t been played for mugs at all.
We’ve got a plan and we’re sticking to it.

I’m just interested to see the incomings we’ve got lined up to bolster the squad, get settled, well drilled and ready to start the new season. Plenty of time.

Onwards....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

BFG is a Hamburger on 10:29 - Sep 1 with 2620 viewsgobbles

Man loses job, gets another one. How does that make him a pr(ck????

Good luck to him. Always gave his all for QPR and by all accounts was a good guy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024